This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

4/18 - New TF: WFC Info

This is the forum to discuss all of those video games you love playing or that are coming out. From Transformers video games to Fighting games to Sports games ... whatever makes you a happy Seibertronian. Just keep it the topics and conversations game and console related.

4/18 - New TF: WFC Info

Postby vegetacron » Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:30 am

Weapon: Spinning Augers
I just got this month's Game Informer and they have a preview of WFC. It seems that yes, alt modes will be restricted to class. There are 4 alt modes: Car, truck, tank, and jet.

You can pick the chassis, which is an aesthetic choice, paint your bot, name your bot, and then choose a custom weapon loadout, 2 custom abilities, and 3 upgrades.

There are 3 upgrade slots: Offensive, defensive, and "general". The offensive and defensive upgrades are unique to the class, while the 'general' upgrades are available for all classes. For example, for scouts, you can take a speed increase as a defensive upgrade skill and less weapon recoil as a general upgrade. Theres also a Call of Duty-type perk system that will allow you to unlock new weapons and upgrades.

They state in the single/co-op player mode that there are 2 unique abilities in robot mode and 1 in vehicle mode. 1 is a consumable that uses energon shards that you collect, and the other is on a cooldown timer. The vehicle mode ability is also on a timer but varies on which character you are playing.

The example they give is Optimus:
- He has the previously mentioned "Warcry" ability which buffs him and his group. This ability counts as his consumable ability.
- He also has "Dash" which counts for his CD ability.
- And finally, in vehicle mode, he has "Ram" - a burst of speed which does heavy damage to any enemy bot he hits.
- In addition to this, you have your normal shooty weapons and melee attacks

Game modes:
- 5 vs 5 or 10 man free-for-all
-- Deathmatch
-- Team Deathmatch
-- Power Struggle (aka 'Capture the Flag')
-- Code of Power: A mode compromised of 2 and a half minute rounds where teams vie for a giant melee weapon.
-- High Moon says there will be more multiplayer modes than this

EDIT: I forgot to mention that if you want, its the May 2010 Issue (205) of Game Informer.
Last edited by vegetacron on Sun Apr 18, 2010 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vegetacron
Vehicon
News Credits: 1
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 5
Speed: 4
Endurance: 9
Courage: 6
Firepower: 1
Skill: 7

Re: 4/18 - New TF: WFC Info

Postby Megazarak » Sun Apr 18, 2010 12:30 pm

Motto: "Your Spark will extinguish between my claws!"
Weapon: Cyber Tail Claw
Sounds pretty interesting and fun. Hopefully the game turns out well.
Megazarak
Vehicon
News Credits: 4
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Courage: 10
Firepower: 3
Skill: 9

Postby Mindmaster » Sun Apr 18, 2010 12:33 pm

Motto: "For I have dipped my hands in muddied waters, and, withdrawing them, find 'tis better to be a commander than a common man!"
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
Gotta love vegetacron :lol: By the way, READ MY HEAVY METAL WAR BIOS!!! The team name is East Cybertron Trading Company, and the team leader is Mindmaster (I named him after me :lol: )
They call me “Tanker Chungus”!

Va'al wrote:I keep track of everyone. Backwards.
There are atandarfs to maintain.

LOST Cybertronian wrote:Hey, If Mindmaster survived then you should do just fine.
Mindmaster
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 251
Watch Mindmaster on YouTube
Alt Mode: Cybertronian Jet
Strength: 8
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Courage: 8
Firepower: 6
Skill: 9

Postby Blurrz » Sun Apr 18, 2010 2:19 pm

Motto: "scream drive faster"
Weapon: Electro-Laser Cannon
Thanks for the info vegeta.
Blurrz
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 1452
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 10
Endurance: 6
Firepower: 7
Skill: 5

Postby heltskelt » Sun Apr 18, 2010 2:36 pm

vegetacron wrote:
-- Code of Power: A mode compromised of 2 and a half minute rounds where teams vie for a giant melee weapon.

"that comprises" might be a better replacement for "compromised of". Thanks for the news, i'm even more excited about this game! :grin:
heltskelt
Minibot

Postby New Omen » Sun Apr 18, 2010 2:46 pm

Motto: "Beyond good. Beyond evil. Beyond your wildest motto."
Weapon: Dual Laser Cannon
Awesome info Vegetacron. Multi player sounds like it will be badass. I can hardly wait.
New Omen
Fuzor
Strength: 7
Speed: 6
Endurance: 8
Firepower: 9
Skill: 6

Postby Dr. Caelus » Sun Apr 18, 2010 3:28 pm

Is there any split-screen play at all? Or will it be system link only? :-(
Check out my books, Titanomachies and Divine Retribution, on my blog!
Dr. Caelus
Faction Commander
News Credits: 6

Postby vegetacron » Sun Apr 18, 2010 5:39 pm

Caelus wrote:Is there any split-screen play at all? Or will it be system link only? :-(

I dunno. It doesn't say.
vegetacron
Vehicon

Postby Dinoswipe » Sun Apr 18, 2010 5:51 pm

will wfc have online multiplayer for wii and ds
Dinoswipe

Postby RogueDeathangel » Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:16 pm

Oooh, I guess we can expect a lot of people playing as Magnus, Cliffjumper, The Seekers and Nemesis Prime then?
RogueDeathangel
Minibot
News Credits: 4

Postby Fires_Of_Inferno » Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:13 pm

Motto: "Small things aren't worth being mad over."
Weapon: Venom Blaster
Hm, I wonder if Scientists are the only ones capable of flight in alt. mode. If so that would suck. Because being a Decepticon flyer would mean that you would be obligated to heal people. Unless you don't HAVE to take the healing abilities, then I'd be down with that. If you do have to take it then I would really suck as a scientist because all I would do is straifing and bombing runs. Some one asks me for heals I'd tell them to suffer in their misery. :CON:

Other than that this is looking all good to me. I LOVE the idea of playing the story mode co-op, that is **** awesome and exactly what I always thought the PS2 Armada game was missing. War For Cybertron is going to be THE game that makes me get an Xbox live gold account.

Speaking of which, can you imagine the expansions they'd be able to make for this game? Like new downloadable weaponry, new abilities, new levels maybe, and definitely new chasis to customize your Transformer and make him stand out. Hell, they might even make new downloadable classes. The possibilities are ENDLESS!

Actually that's probably all the possibilities right there. Still though, I see this game as having lots of potential other than the massive potential that is presented to us now. I will definitely attempt to pre-order this for the extras included in doing so.
TheLocalBard! My Twitter account: https://twitter.com/TheLocalBard

Groovy
Fires_Of_Inferno
City Commander
News Credits: 18
Alt Mode: Transmetal Insect and Helicopter
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 3
Courage: 7
Firepower: 3

Postby vegetacron » Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:56 am

The co-op is for 3 players too. you can have 1 or 2 friends jump in and out at any time.

And i agree, there is tons of DLC opportunities here, but it all depends on if High Moon will stick with it and publish on a constant basis. I hope they do.
vegetacron
Vehicon

Postby SlyTF1 » Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:17 am

Motto: "If my first sacrifice wasn't enough, maybe you would prefer to pay with your funky blood."
Weapon: Sword
Frekn awsum! Im gonna be a jet all the time! Like in ROTF the only player I do any good as is Starscream and Sideswipe
I Am.
SlyTF1
Faction Commander
News Credits: 37
Watch SlyTF1 on YouTube
Alt Mode: The entire universe
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 10+
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 10+

Postby Shadowman » Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:34 am

Motto: "May God have mercy on my enemies, because I sure as hell won't."
vegetacron wrote:And i agree, there is tons of DLC opportunities here, but it all depends on if High Moon will stick with it and publish on a constant basis. I hope they do.

I seem to recall hearing that they would.

When it says you can pick your chassis, does it mean you only get one choice for body? If it does, I could see DLC adding the option to mix-and-match body parts.
Sidekick= Saiya_Maximal
Steam Nickname: Big Chief Devil Hawk Fireball
Shadowman's awesome site for cool people.
Shadowman's awesome comic for cool people.
"Falling is really just flying downward and out of control."
Wigglez wrote:Just remember. The sword is an extension of your arm. Use it as if you're going to karate chop someone with your really long sharp ass hand.
Shadowman
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 2

Postby vegetacron » Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:51 am

The article doesn't go into great detail, but lets say you choose a scout and the vehicle mode tied to the scout is a car (i'm using this as an example, as i don't know which vehicle scouts can use ). Now there are many different types of cars, like lets say you want to create a Bumblebee clone or maybe a Jazz clone or maybe even a Hot Rod clone. No matter which choice of those three that you make, your car will still go the same speed and have the same stats. Now what type of car you pick will have an effect on how you transform and what your bot will look like. Its all aesthetic.

From what i've seen, heard, and read, my best guess is that scouts will be cars, leaders will be trucks, scientists will be planes, and warriors will be tanks. If they add variations to this formula, that would be cool, but i think in terms of game balance, these are going to be the norm because with a scout, he needs land-based speed and you can't give him a jet mode, because hes already got stealth. Jet mode + Stealth = Way overpowered. Just like leaders. Leaders can't be tanks, because tanks are the heaviest armored and geared and leaders are more of a 'middle-of-the-road', jack-of-all-trades-master-of-none class, stat-wise. Warriors are going to be the big, heavy built dudes with the 'OMG' cannon, so having them as a speedy car or jet would make them kinda overpowered as well.

If you watch the multiplayer vid they have out and pause it whenever they show each class read out, you can see the abilities they have. They also show that you get even more abilities for each series of consecutive kills.
vegetacron
Vehicon

Postby Prankmeister » Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:02 am

I personally can see the logic behind limiting vehicles for each class, but would still like to see at least the Jets get more than one class. I'd love to see what kind of information comes out regarding this aspect.
Prankmeister
Micromaster

Postby Blackstreak » Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:30 am

Motto: ""I'm stronger than I look, but not as strong as I think I am.""
Weapon: Laser Rifle
This game is sounding better and better.

P.S. I hope by "compromised" you mean comprised... :lol:

# of Transformers in collection: 332
Looking for 1985 Action Cards
Blackstreak
Godmaster
Watch Blackstreak on YouTube
Buy from Blackstreak on eBay
Alt Mode: Datsun 280 ZX or Dodge Viper
Strength: 5
Speed: 9
Endurance: 7
Courage: 9
Firepower: 9
Skill: 8

Return to Video Games and Mobile Apps Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #1 Cvr B Image Comics 2023 MAR238214 1B (CA) Young (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #1 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #2 4th ptg Image Comics 2023 1023IM893 (CA) Torque (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #2 4th ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DUKE #2 Cvr C 1:10 Image Comics 2024 2C GI JOE 1123IM274 (CA) Boss (W)Williamson"
DUKE #2 Cvr C 1:10 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS Vol 01 TP Image Comics 2024 1223IM247 TPB (CA) De Felici (W) Kirkman"
NEW!
VOID RIVALS Vol 01 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #2 Cvr C 1:10 Image Comics 2023 APR238110 2C (CA) Lee (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #2 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #5 2nd ptg Cvr D Doubt Image Comics 2023 1123IM811 (CA) Howard"
VOID RIVALS #5 2nd ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE ORDER OF BATTLE #1 Marvel Comics 1986 (CA) Trimpe (W) Hama 220721A"
GI JOE ORDER OF BA ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE COBRA WORLD ORDER PRELUDE #1 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2015 (CA) Mooney 230227"
GI JOE COBRA WORLD ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TALES OF GI JOE #3 Marvel Comics 1988 (CA) Hall (W) Hama (A) Trimpe 220721A"
TALES OF GI JOE #3 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #5 Cvr F Walking Dead 20th Image Comics 0823IM481 5F Hughes 240330"
NEW!
VOID RIVALS #5 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #5 2nd ptg Cvr E Rage Image Comics 2023 1123IM812 (CA) Howard"
VOID RIVALS #5 2nd ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "COBRA COMMANDER #2 Cvr D 1:25 Image Comics 2024 2D 1223IM262 (CA) ACO"
NEW!
COBRA COMMANDER #2 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE #9 Cvr B IDW Comics 2020 MAR200813 9B (CA) Williams (A) Kelly (W) Allor"
GI JOE #9 Cvr B ID ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #6 3rd ptg Image Comics 2024 1023IM976 (CA) Howard (W) Kirkman"
NEW!
VOID RIVALS #6 3rd ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Tailgate" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 09 Voyager Class Movie 2 Thundercracker" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Power of the Primes Punch-Counterpunch and Prima Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Twin Twist and Flameout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee Movie Toys, Power Charge Bumblebee Action Figure - Spinning Core, Lights and Sounds - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 10.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Voyager Class Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Protectobot Streetwise Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warriors Class Sideswipe Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 06 Voyager Class Movie 1 Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Deception Off Road Figure" on AMAZON