This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Ark Addendum: Autobot City concept art (**EDIT**Third Added**)

Discuss anything about the Transformers cartoons and comics! You can discuss anything from G1 to Cybertron as well as the comics from Marvel, Dreamwave, IDW and more!

Ark Addendum: Autobot City concept art (**EDIT**Third Added**)

Postby Delicon » Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:32 am

Motto: "Seibertron.com: Other sites lack the meat!"
Weapon: Battle Blades
Jim Sorenson was kind enough to drop us another note regarding the newest offerings on his blog.

Hey, fellas! Just wanted to let you know that the latest Ark Addendum is up on my blog, Disciples of Boltax. (http://boltax.blogspot.com) It's a double-sized edition, some unused Floro Dery concept artwork for Autobot City.

Cheers!
Jim

As Jim graciously allows us to do, we have posted a smaller portion of the image as a sneak preview, but to see the rest of the sketch you'll need to head on over to Jim's blog.

As always, for the latest Transformers news (and fun), be sure to keep visiting Seibertron.com, the ultimate Transformers resource!
Proud Seibertronian since 2008
Delicon
Gestalt
News Credits: 273
Buy from Delicon on eBay
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 2
Skill: 9

Re: Ark Addendum: Autobot City concept art (double-sized edition)

Postby Black Bumblebee » Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:01 pm

Now that's pretty cool. I love seeing these behind the scenes looks into "what might have been."
Visit http://www.youtube.com/user/Pepsimus to see the latest episodes of The War Within animated, adapted from the comic of the same name. Episodes 1 & 2 complete!
Black Bumblebee
Pretender
News Credits: 2
Buy from Black Bumblebee on eBay

Postby Diem » Wed May 12, 2010 5:49 am

Jim Sorenson has posted the third part of the Autobot City concept art at his blog which can be seen here. The art reveals some very intriguing details about the design of Autobot City.

To see the full update and the rest of his posts you can visit his blog, Disciples of Boltax, here.

For the latest in Transformers news, stick with Seibertron!
Last edited by Diem on Wed May 12, 2010 6:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Diem
City Commander
News Credits: 217

Postby wolverinetodd » Wed May 12, 2010 6:00 am

Motto: "Shoot multiple times first... ask questions NEVER!"
Weapon: Double-Shot Missile Launcher
Is the date correct on this artwork? 1985? This was drawn back when the original Transformers toyline was conquering toy stores worldwide.
wolverinetodd
Vehicon
Strength: 7
Speed: 9
Endurance: 5
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 5

Postby JediJerseyJoe » Wed May 12, 2010 7:15 am

Motto: ""Through strength of arms, comes victory!""
LOL

for christ sakes look at all those guns!

two things still TO THIS DAY amaze me about "the" transformers movie

1) how in the F*c* did 2 dozen deceptions take out an entire city full of autobots PLUS that freaking city itself! i mean christ, SHOOT THE GROUND PLEASE WHATEVER YOU DO DON'T HIT ANY DECEPTIONS WITH THE 1000 LASERS WE HAVE!!!!!

2) why for gods sakes didn't they transform him into metroplex, was his "cog" gone or something?!
"The Matrix will light our Darkest Hour"

Collections complete MISB: US G1, Beast Wars, Machine Wars, Beast Machines, Energon, Energon Power links, RID, Cybertron, Universe.
JediJerseyJoe
Mini-Con
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 6
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 9
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 8

Postby Spectral Dragon » Wed May 12, 2010 9:22 am

<Geekgasm>

Metroplex wasn't made into a transformer until after when they decided it would be a good time to rebuild it. So they couldn't have had him transform.

Though IMO not having the two biggest molds for that catalog in the movie itself was a big mistake. Unicron launching Trypticon to wipe out the incoming hordes of TFs would have looked rather cool on the big screen.

As for your other point, the movie was supposed to clear out the number of characters so that Hasbro could sell more toys. Hence why none of the Autobots could hit the broadside of a barn and why Prime somehow managed to take down half the invading Decepticons by himself.
Spectral Dragon
Minibot

Postby snavej » Thu May 13, 2010 3:55 am

Motto: "Follow your instincts and your common sense."
This is pretty mediaeval, isn't it? Knights and castles and all that. I think that it was better in the actual movie because there was more roof armour to guard against aerial bombardment.
snavej
Gestalt
Alt Mode: Small starship - able to traverse entire universe.
Strength: 8
Speed: 3
Endurance: 3
Skill: 8

Postby tmthor » Thu May 13, 2010 7:53 am

looks a little like the Comet Empire from Starblazers (Yamato).
tmthor
Micromaster
News Credits: 2

Postby trence5 » Sat May 15, 2010 7:53 pm

Motto: "I GOT BETTER THINGS TO DO TONIGHT THAN DIE!"
Weapon: Photon Eliminator Rifle
JediJerseyJoe wrote:LOL

for christ sakes look at all those guns!

two things still TO THIS DAY amaze me about "the" transformers movie

1) how in the F*c* did 2 dozen deceptions take out an entire city full of autobots PLUS that freaking city itself! i mean christ, SHOOT THE GROUND PLEASE WHATEVER YOU DO DON'T HIT ANY DECEPTIONS WITH THE 1000 LASERS WE HAVE!!!!!

:lol: :lol: About 8 yrs ago back in college when me and my high school friends were watching it - we wondered that ourselves
trence5
Combiner
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 4
Endurance: 7
Courage: 6
Firepower: 7
Skill: 5

Postby Tigertrack » Mon May 17, 2010 11:53 am

Motto: "A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination."
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
Jim Sorenson hits the triple as he makes a third update of four to the Autobot City concept pages.

This time a shuttle bay is featured, as well as, 'The Control Center'.

Check out the whole HUGE concept for Autobot city in all of the separate pieces at Jim's blog.

Throw a kind word his way also as he is working on completing the second Allspark Almanac for IDW, the follow up to his first edition with more information than you could ever want about the Animated TV show, and designs.

And a couple of the previous parts images...

Seibertron.com for all of your Transformers news and resource needs.

Vector Sigma Database
Comprehensive Photo Galleries
Most Recent Transformers News
Tigertrack
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 1082
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 7
Firepower: 8
Skill: 10

Re: Ark Addendum: Autobot City concept art (**EDIT**Third Added**)

Postby Mykltron » Mon May 17, 2010 3:07 pm

Motto: "If I win again I'm still the champion. If you win HAH! that's just impossible.

Weapon: tea cup."
That circular landing area doesn't look very circular!

Why not take a look at My TF Repaints? Updated 23rd January 2015
Mykltron
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 9

Re: Ark Addendum: Autobot City concept art (**EDIT**Third Added**)

Postby Razorclaw0000 » Mon May 24, 2010 12:11 pm

Motto: "Know that I am Razorclaw, that my reality is not yours, and while I share Tigerhawk's dual Spark and Vok heritage...
I am NOT he!"
Weapon: Ion Particle Blaster
Jim Sorenson has updated his blog with one final piece of his unused design for Autobot City.

Here's a teaser featuring the Crow's Nest:

Head on over to Jim's blog to see the rest.
Razorclaw0000
Gestalt
News Credits: 609
Buy from Razorclaw0000 on eBay
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Return to Transformers Cartoons and Comics Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WHEELJACK Transformers Studio Series 81 Deluxe Bumblebee Hasbro 2022 New"
WHEELJACK Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WHEELIE Transformers Studio Series 86 Core Class Hasbro 2022 New"
WHEELIE Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "CORONATION STARSCREAM Transformers Studio Series 86-12 Leader 2022 King 220907A"
CORONATION STARSCR ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "CLIFFJUMPER Transformers Studio Series Gamer Edition +05 Deluxe WFC 2023 New"
CLIFFJUMPER Transf ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BUMBLEBEE Transformers Studio Series Gamer Edition +01 Deluxe WFC 2023 New"
BUMBLEBEE Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BARRICADE Transformers Studio Series Gamer Edition +02 Deluxe WFC 2023 New"
BARRICADE Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "N.E.S.T. BONECRUSHER Transformers Studio Series 95 Buzzworthy Bumblebee Voyager"
N.E.S.T. BONECRUSH ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "FRENZY (RED) Transformers Studio Series 86 SS-115 Core Takara Tomy 2024 New"
NEW!
FRENZY (RED) Trans ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "RATCHET Transformers Studio Series 82 Deluxe Bumblebee Hasbro 2022 New"
RATCHET Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MEGATRON Transformers Studio Series Gamer Edition +04 Voyager WFC IN-STOCK 08/08"
MEGATRON Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BLURR Transformers Studio Series 86-03 Animated Movie Deluxe Hasbro 2021 New"
BLURR Transformers ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BUMBLEBEE Transformers Studio Series Core Class Dark of the Moon DOTM 2023 New"
BUMBLEBEE Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SHOCKWAVE Transformers Studio Series Core Class Bumblebee Hasbro 2022 New"
SHOCKWAVE Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "LASERBEAK Transformers Studio Series Core Class Pink Bumblebee Hasbro 2022 New"
LASERBEAK Transfor ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #346 - Gas Station Jamboree
Twincast / Podcast #346:
"Gas Station Jamboree"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, March 23rd, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Unicronus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of the Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Novastar" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Toys Megatron Cyberverse Ultimate Class Action Figure - Repeatable Fusion Mega Shot Action Attack Move - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 11.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Nightbeat" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Chaos on Velocitron 5-Figure Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Mirage Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titan Masters Fangry Action Figure" on AMAZON