This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Shout! Factory Release G1 Seasons 3 and 4-- TODAY!

Discuss anything about the Transformers cartoons and comics! You can discuss anything from G1 to Cybertron as well as the comics from Marvel, Dreamwave, IDW and more!

Shout! Factory Release G1 Seasons 3 and 4-- TODAY!

Postby Tigertrack » Tue Apr 20, 2010 5:46 pm

Motto: "A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination."
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
So many people bought the awesome boxed set of G1 Transformers DVD's by Shout! Factory that the release of the single seasons individually tends to fly under the radar a bit, even to the Transformers community.

Long time forum member Jedi Kermit reminded us that today, Shout! Factory released the final individual season sets, this one representing Season 3 and Season 4.

Following the defeat of the planet eater known as Unicron and the end of the great Cybertronian War, the victorious Autobots, led by Rodimus Prime, finally reclaim their home world. But when Galvatron is returned to the ranks of power by his exiled Decepticons, his war against the Autobots is revived and this time, it’s fueled by vengeance! Opening with the five-part fan-favorite miniseries “The Five Faces of Darkness,” The Transformers’ explosive third season follows the valiant Autobots as they’re targeted for destruction by not only their old foes, the Decepticons, but also the mysterious and deadly creators known as the Quintessons!

This final four-disc set of the mega-popular animated series concludes with the rarely seen three-episode fourth season that introduces you to the amazing world of the Headmasters!

Some of the best and worst episodes in G1 Transformers cartoon history occur in this very set. If you don't own it, now would be a good time to pick up this season.

You can see the listing on SHOUT's website here, and check your local retailer for the set, which should be priced at around $25.

Check out the ever growing episode screen caps gallery (sorry no season 3 and 4 yet) and more at Seibertron.com.

Check for your favorite season 3 and 4 characters in the Vector Sigma Database, as well as the toy representations of these characters in the Comprehensive Photo Galleries

Check us out for your Most Recent Transformers News!
Tigertrack
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 1082
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 7
Endurance: 7
Courage: 9
Firepower: 8
Skill: 10

Re: Shout! Factory Release G1 Seasons 3 and 4-- TODAY!

Postby Autobot032 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 6:03 pm

Weapon: Switch Blade Tail
So...$80-85.00 for the entire series on DVD? Okay, I'm impressed. 98 episodes, and digitally remastered? Excellent deal.

I sure hope the extras in the Matrix set (or whatever it's called) are worth the huge difference in price. To me, I don't think so...
NOTE: Realize that I am not a perfect Christian, nor do I profess to be. I apologize if anyone's ever offended by me, I'm not perfect. Don't hold my posts and opinions against other Christians.
Autobot032
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 668
Buy from Autobot032 on eBay

Postby Tigertrack » Tue Apr 20, 2010 6:05 pm

Motto: "A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination."
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
Autobot032 wrote:So...$80-85.00 for the entire series on DVD? Okay, I'm impressed. 98 episodes, and digitally remastered? Excellent deal.

I sure hope the extras in the Matrix set (or whatever it's called) are worth the huge difference in price. To me, I don't think so...

I do think so.
Tigertrack
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 1082
Courage: 9
Firepower: 8

Postby Darth Bombshell » Tue Apr 20, 2010 6:09 pm

Motto: "Insanity is a state of mind, and I have a home there."
Weapon: Cerebro-Shell Launcher
Autobot032 wrote:I sure hope the extras in the Matrix set (or whatever it's called) are worth the huge difference in price. To me, I don't think so...

Well, there's a few things you need to consider:

1). The Matrix set includes several special features (the voice actor reunion, the printable scripts for "Starscream's Bridage" and "The Revenge of Bruticus" and the Decepticon magnet) that aren't featured in the individual releases.

2). The Matrix set was originally an online exclusive before being generally released, which may be a factor in its increased price.

3). TV series collections tend to usually go for much higher prices than the individual sets, though they usually have sales prices when they are first released.
Darth Bombshell
Gestalt
News Credits: 487
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 5
Endurance: 6
Courage: 8
Firepower: 6
Skill: 7

Postby Autobot032 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 6:15 pm

Darth Bombshell wrote:
Autobot032 wrote:I sure hope the extras in the Matrix set (or whatever it's called) are worth the huge difference in price. To me, I don't think so...

1). The Matrix set includes several special features (the voice actor reunion, the printable scripts for "Starscream's Bridage" and "The Revenge of Bruticus" and the Decepticon magnet) that aren't featured in the individual releases.

2). The Matrix set was originally an online exclusive before being generally released, which may be a factor in its increased price.

3). TV series collections tend to usually go for much higher prices than the individual sets, though they usually have sales prices when they are first released.

The voice actor reunion impresses me, but not enough to fork over the dough. The printable scripts are unimportant to me. The magnet, I have absolutely no use for.

And I agree that it's an added convenience to get them all in one box.
NOTE: Realize that I am not a perfect Christian, nor do I profess to be. I apologize if anyone's ever offended by me, I'm not perfect. Don't hold my posts and opinions against other Christians.
Autobot032
Matrix Keeper

Postby Zeds » Tue Apr 20, 2010 6:16 pm

Motto: "I once lost a battle. So long ago I can barely remember it."
Weapon: Thermal Melters
Darth Bombshell wrote:

Agreed on all points. I got the collector set when it 1st came out. Now I see it at $50 more in stores.
BWOP: "Die-cast construction...It's a lost art!"

Longs for the days of G1 where we only had to worry about Megatron, Soundwave and Laserbeak wanting to be Autobots, Swoop calling himself Tracks and Slingshot calling himself Slingslot!
Zeds
Gestalt
News Credits: 9
Buy from Zeds on eBay
Speed: 4
Endurance: 8
Courage: 10

Postby Darth Bombshell » Tue Apr 20, 2010 6:21 pm

Zeds wrote:Agreed on all points. I got the collector set when it 1st came out. Now I see it at $50 more in stores.

Really? Because I went into the HMV @ Coquitlam Centre today, and they had it for $169, which is forty bucks more than it was when it first came out.
Darth Bombshell
Gestalt

Postby Zeds » Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:02 pm

Darth Bombshell wrote:
Zeds wrote:Agreed on all points. I got the collector set when it 1st came out. Now I see it at $50 more in stores.

Really? Because I went into the HMV @ Coquitlam Centre today, and they had it for $169, which is forty bucks more than it was when it first came out.

Well I picked it up for $119.99 at HMV when it came out so it was a steal. See the pic. Mispriced maybe? Je ne sais pas :-?
Attachments
IMG_0124.JPG

Longs for the days of G1 where we only had to worry about Megatron, Soundwave and Laserbeak wanting to be Autobots, Swoop calling himself Tracks and Slingshot calling himself Slingslot!
Zeds
Gestalt
Buy from Zeds on eBay

Postby Mindmaster » Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:14 pm

Motto: "For I have dipped my hands in muddied waters, and, withdrawing them, find 'tis better to be a commander than a common man!"
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
Love the cover art! Looks like it did before Unicron blew up... Ya know, when Hot Rod turned tonto Rodimus Prime... and Galvatron's all like "Man, it's the dag gone Matrix! He's usin' it! Kill 'im!" And Rodimus is all like "Oh no you di-int!" and he threw him out of Unicron's eye... Yeah, I wish I didn't know so much...
They call me “Tanker Chungus”!

Va'al wrote:I keep track of everyone. Backwards.
There are atandarfs to maintain.

LOST Cybertronian wrote:Hey, If Mindmaster survived then you should do just fine.
Mindmaster
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 251
Watch Mindmaster on YouTube
Alt Mode: Cybertronian Jet
Strength: 8
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 8
Skill: 9

Postby ShinkenPrime » Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:29 pm

You can order the whole Matrix set from Walmart for 86.86.

Or do what I did and price match the price using a printed ad at bestbuy.

Way I see it...if you paid the full price when it came out, you paid more to get more earlier. Not a bad trade off. It's to be expected. You always pay less if you wait a year or so.
ShinkenPrime
Mini-Con

Postby Zeds » Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:37 pm

ShinkenPrime wrote:You can order the whole Matrix set from Walmart for 86.86.

Or do what I did and price match the price using a printed ad at bestbuy.

Way I see it...if you paid the full price when it came out, you paid more to get more earlier. Not a bad trade off. It's to be expected. You always pay less if you wait a year or so.

Welcome on board from all those on Seibs!

Zeds
Gestalt
Buy from Zeds on eBay

Postby Darth Bombshell » Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:10 pm

I have a question for anyone who has the set already. At about the four minute mark during the episode "The Killing Jar", the picture freezes for a few moments before starting up again. Is anyone else encountering this problem? Is it because of a layer change?
Darth Bombshell
Gestalt

Postby polystyleneman » Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:32 pm

Mindmaster wrote:Love the cover art! Looks like it did before Unicron blew up... Ya know, when Hot Rod turned tonto Rodimus Prime... and Galvatron's all like "Man, it's the dag gone Matrix! He's usin' it! Kill 'im!" And Rodimus is all like "Oh no you di-int!" and he threw him out of Unicron's eye... Yeah, I wish I didn't know so much...

Thanks, Mindmaster! Glad you like it. I was pretty happy with how this one turned out. And there's no shame in knowing so much about Transformers. :)
polystyleneman
Mini-Con

Postby Autobot032 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:09 pm

Darth Bombshell wrote:I have a question for anyone who has the set already. At about the four minute mark during the episode "The Killing Jar", the picture freezes for a few moments before starting up again. Is anyone else encountering this problem? Is it because of a layer change?

I don't have the set, but it does sound as though it's the layer change. It depends on the player (software or hardware), but players usually do have a slight catch/slow down when shifting. I've seen tabletop players do the same thing, sometimes worse than a computer.
Autobot032
Matrix Keeper

Postby Ultra Markus » Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:59 am

Motto: "“You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain.” - Harvey Dent in The Dark Knight"
Weapon: 16 Cannons
I paid 86.99 for the matrix edition from amazon back in February
so i got more for my money than getting the individual sets
Ultra Markus
Gestalt
Alt Mode: the biggest baddest thing ever
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 10
Endurance: 10
Firepower: 10

Postby Dagon » Wed Apr 21, 2010 7:09 pm

Motto: "Ain't nobody got time fo dat....."
Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
Autobot032 wrote:
Darth Bombshell wrote:I have a question for anyone who has the set already. At about the four minute mark during the episode "The Killing Jar", the picture freezes for a few moments before starting up again. Is anyone else encountering this problem? Is it because of a layer change?

I don't have the set, but it does sound as though it's the layer change. It depends on the player (software or hardware), but players usually do have a slight catch/slow down when shifting. I've seen tabletop players do the same thing, sometimes worse than a computer.

Maybe it's your player getting old? I've had that happen to literally every single DVD I own, but my player's a few years old and gets quite a lot of useage.
Dagon
Faction Commander
Buy from Dagon on eBay
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 2
Skill: 10+

Postby Darth Bombshell » Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:20 pm

Dagon wrote:Maybe it's your player getting old? I've had that happen to literally every single DVD I own, but my player's a few years old and gets quite a lot of useage.

I don't think it's that old, as it plays a lot of other discs perfectly. In any case, I've already decided to take it back to the store tomorrow. (I gotta pick up Avatar, anyway.)
Darth Bombshell
Gestalt

Postby Dagon » Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:16 pm

Motto: "Ain't nobody got time fo dat....."
Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
Darth Bombshell wrote:
Dagon wrote:Maybe it's your player getting old? I've had that happen to literally every single DVD I own, but my player's a few years old and gets quite a lot of useage.

I don't think it's that old, as it plays a lot of other discs perfectly. In any case, I've already decided to take it back to the store tomorrow. (I gotta pick up Avatar, anyway.)

Well, good luck with a different set of discs I guess. I just bought the set half an hour ago (and I am very, very excited!) so I'll watch most of it tonight out of excitement. I'll call it 'research' to see if we can figure out what's wrong with your player. :D
Dagon
Faction Commander
Buy from Dagon on eBay
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 2
Skill: 10+

Postby Darth Bombshell » Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:01 pm

Dagon wrote:Well, good luck with a different set of discs I guess. I just bought the set half an hour ago (and I am very, very excited!) so I'll watch most of it tonight out of excitement. I'll call it 'research' to see if we can figure out what's wrong with your player. :D

Well, I guess it must be the player, since my replacement set has the same exact problem with the same exact episode at the same exact places.

Ah, well. I can just skip that episode until I can pick up a new DVD player.
Darth Bombshell
Gestalt

Postby Ratbat » Sat Apr 24, 2010 11:12 pm

Motto: "The road is my dinner plate."
Weapon: Shoulder-Mounted Mega-Blast Missile Cannons
My copy of Transformers Seasons 3 and 4 arrived yesterday morning. (I ordered it via Amazon.com in December.)
Ratbat
Micromaster
News Credits: 1
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 9
Endurance: 3
Courage: 7
Firepower: 2
Skill: 9

Return to Transformers Cartoons and Comics Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "INFERNO Transformers Legacy Voyager Beast Wars Predacon 2022 New **IN-STOCK**"
INFERNO Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K31 SHADOW PANTHER Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe 2021 New"
WFC-K31 SHADOW PAN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K43 HOT ROD Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Core 2022 New 220329"
WFC-K43 HOT ROD Tr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ANTAGONY Transformers Legacy Generations Selects Voyager 2023 New"
ANTAGONY Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SILVERSTREAK Transformers Buzzworthy Bumblebee Legacy Hasbro 2022 New"
SILVERSTREAK Trans ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BWVS-04 TIGATRON + BLACKARACHNIA Transformers Beast Wars Again Kingdom Hasbro"
BWVS-04 TIGATRON + ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Megatron Transformers Legacy Core Class G2 Universe Hasbro 2022 New"
Megatron Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "IGUANUS Transformers Legacy Core Class G1 Hasbro 2022 New"
IGUANUS Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OPTIMUS PRIME + BUMBLEBEE Transformers Legacy Core Class G1 Trailer 2023 New"
OPTIMUS PRIME + BU ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ROAD ROCKET Transformers Legacy Velocitron Speedia 500 G2 Deluxe 2022 New"
ROAD ROCKET Transf ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ARMADA STARSCREAM Transformers Legacy Voyager Class Hasbro 2022 New **IN-STOCK**"
ARMADA STARSCREAM ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K33 SLAMMER Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe Hasbro 2022 New"
WFC-K33 SLAMMER Tr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "METROPLEX Transformers Legacy Cybertron Universe Titan Class Hasbro 2022 New"
METROPLEX Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K27 RHINOX Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Voyager Hasbro 2021 New"
WFC-K27 RHINOX Tra ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #345 - The Roast
Twincast / Podcast #345:
"The Roast"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, March 9th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 08 Leader Class Movie 1 Decepticon Blackout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee Movie Toys, Power Charge Bumblebee Action Figure - Spinning Core, Lights and Sounds - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 10.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Snarl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Platinum Edition "Year of the Goat" Exclusive Masterpiece Soundwave by Hasbro" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Class Cyclonus Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Decepticon Dragstrip Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MV5 Titan Changer Megatron Action Figure" on AMAZON