This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

5 Years Later....Botcon 2005 Box Sets FINALLY Sell Out

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

5 Years Later....Botcon 2005 Box Sets FINALLY Sell Out

Postby Bed Bugs » Sun Apr 25, 2010 2:35 pm

Motto: "The Bigger The Buffet, The Better!"
Weapon: Black Magic
If you missed this boat, you can only blame yourself. After 5 long years of being available on the Transformers Club Store, the Botcon 2005 Decent Into Evil Box Sets are finally sold out. The TFCC Store still has bagged sets available for sale, but require that you have purchased a 2005 Box Set from them in order to buy them. To order a bagged set or have a friend who owns the 2005 Box Set order one for you, click here. If you are still on the fence about getting these figures, most of them have their own gallery right here on Seibertron.com!

Ironhide:

Chromia:

Buzzclaw:

Dirge:

There are also 3 other figures in the set. Deathsaurus is a remold of Robots In Disguise Megatron, Fallback is a repaint of Energon StrongArm, and Ricochet is a repaint of G2 Hooligan. All 3 figures do have galleries, but they seem to be missing due to a technical error. We at Seibertron.com will try to fix this error and update this story as soon as possible.
Botcon: The Legacy Collection
Bed Bugs
Gestalt
News Credits: 349
Alt Mode: A Bed Bug
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 10+

Re: 5 Years Later....Botcon 2005 Box Sets FINALLY Sell Out

Postby El Duque » Sun Apr 25, 2010 2:43 pm

Motto: "I ain't got time to bleed!"
Weapon: Gattling Gun
You would think at this point they would sell the bagged sets without the requirement of having previously purchased the boxed just to get rid of them. I would pull the trigger on that.
El Duque
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 5749

Postby The Legend » Sun Apr 25, 2010 2:48 pm

The clones looked cool but all else seems meh, not surprising they didn't sell.
The Legend
Headmaster Jr

Postby HighPrime » Sun Apr 25, 2010 2:56 pm

Motto: "Wake up with the King!"
Anyone remember how much this box set originally sold for?
HighPrime
Targetmaster
News Credits: 10
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 4
Endurance: 4
Courage: 10
Firepower: 5

Postby ShGarland_1383 » Sun Apr 25, 2010 3:03 pm

Motto: "Be brief of speech and long on action."
Weapon: Reciprocating Laser Cannon
Fender Bender wrote:The TFCC Store still has bagged sets available for sale, but require that you have purchased a 2005 Box Set from them in order to buy them. To order a bagged set or have a friend who owns the 2005 Box Set order one for you, click here.

This is why I haven't bought the set yet: you have to buy the box set in order to get the loose figures, which would be a better purchase for me personally if I buy this set. (That and I don't think I'd get instructions and bio cards, which I'd be willing to live without if someone were willing to scan the instructions.) I don't understand why I'd need to buy the box in order to get the loose figures, or have someone buy it for me. Why can't I just buy it myself without buying the box set?

HighPrime wrote:Anyone remember how much this box set originally sold for?

I'm pretty sure they were going for over $200, which is why I didn't want to buy the box to get the loose figures, which except for not getting the instructions and bio cards (I think) I would prefer getting.
My vote for the HOF goes to my favorite Transformer, Kup, to the Headmasters (who still need new figures that aren't just the characters without their master components) and to seibertron.com for for being the ultimate TF resource.
ShGarland_1383
Headmaster
News Credits: 3
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 4
Speed: 2
Endurance: 5
Courage: 5
Firepower: 3
Skill: 3

Postby HighPrime » Sun Apr 25, 2010 3:06 pm

ShGarland_1383 wrote:
Fender Bender wrote:The TFCC Store still has bagged sets available for sale, but require that you have purchased a 2005 Box Set from them in order to buy them. To order a bagged set or have a friend who owns the 2005 Box Set order one for you, click here.

HighPrime wrote:Anyone remember how much this box set originally sold for?

I'm pretty sure they were going for over $200, which is why I didn't want to buy the box to get the loose figures, which except for not getting the instructions and bio cards (I think) I would prefer getting.

Thanks. I thought it was something like $260, but just curious on a firm number. Can't remember anymore.
HighPrime
Targetmaster

Postby Lapse Of Reason » Sun Apr 25, 2010 3:11 pm

Weapon: Sword
I like the set. Deathsaurus and Ironhide are my favorite from the box.
Lapse Of Reason
Gestalt
Buy from Lapse Of Reason on eBay
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 7
Endurance: 10+
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: ???

Postby Zeds » Sun Apr 25, 2010 3:37 pm

Motto: "I once lost a battle. So long ago I can barely remember it."
Weapon: Thermal Melters
GAWD! Knew I should have picked up it over the last 5 years :P
BWOP: "Die-cast construction...It's a lost art!"

Longs for the days of G1 where we only had to worry about Megatron, Soundwave and Laserbeak wanting to be Autobots, Swoop calling himself Tracks and Slingshot calling himself Slingslot!
Zeds
Gestalt
News Credits: 9
Buy from Zeds on eBay
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Endurance: 8
Firepower: 6
Skill: 7

Postby ShGarland_1383 » Sun Apr 25, 2010 3:48 pm

Motto: "Be brief of speech and long on action."
Weapon: Reciprocating Laser Cannon
HighPrime wrote:Thanks. I thought it was something like $260, but just curious on a firm number. Can't remember anymore.

It might have been $260. I can't remember for sure, either, but I'm positive it was over 200, which is why I passed on the box. I know the loose figures have a member price of $140 and a non-member price of $165 (because I've just checked the TFCC store). If buying the box is required for buying the loose, though... that's the only thing really stopping me from buying the loose figures. Otherwise I don't have much problem with calling them to make the order...
My vote for the HOF goes to my favorite Transformer, Kup, to the Headmasters (who still need new figures that aren't just the characters without their master components) and to seibertron.com for for being the ultimate TF resource.
ShGarland_1383
Headmaster
News Credits: 3
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 4
Endurance: 5
Courage: 5
Firepower: 3
Skill: 3

Postby Poyguimogul » Sun Apr 25, 2010 3:49 pm

Oh! Snap...

If you bought a box set and willing to help a fellow fan get the loose set, send me a message.. <3
Poyguimogul
Vehicon

Postby Delicon » Sun Apr 25, 2010 4:15 pm

Motto: "Seibertron.com: Other sites lack the meat!"
Weapon: Battle Blades
I've been thinking about getting this one for a long time. If loose sets open up to the public I might finally bite.
Proud Seibertronian since 2008
Delicon
Gestalt
News Credits: 273
Buy from Delicon on eBay
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 2
Skill: 9

Postby Flux Convoy » Sun Apr 25, 2010 11:17 pm

Motto: "Chaos... is coming!..."
Crap! I actually would like Deszaras and his bugs. Hopefully I can pick em up cheapish at the con.
:BOT:
Flux Convoy
City Commander
News Credits: 20
Buy from Flux Convoy on eBay

Postby NebulanFree » Sun Apr 25, 2010 11:50 pm

Awesome. I got mine two months ago. Just in time, yes?
-NebulanFree
NebulanFree
Minibot
News Credits: 1

Postby alldarker » Mon Apr 26, 2010 4:11 am

Motto: "Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici"
Weapon: Vibro-Force Gun
NebulanFree wrote:Awesome. I got mine two months ago. Just in time, yes?

Hmmm... I still doubt these will be setting e-Bay on fire in the coming months.
I have this set, and it does contain some nice figures, although to be fair I've never even removed some of them from the box, so my judgement might be a bit off. However, it seems that it's the very lukewarm reception of most of these figures that was the cause for this set to still be available 5 years after the event they were produced for. I can't imagine people will get all weepy over these figures just because availability has become slightly less.
I'm so meta, even this acronym...
alldarker
Brainmaster
News Credits: 7
Buy from alldarker on eBay
Strength: 10+
Speed: 10
Endurance: 7
Firepower: 6

Postby shadowsfm » Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:52 am

The Unofficial Transformers Club and Convention Exclusive Data Sheet
http://mysite.verizon.net/NicodemusLegend/datasheet.htm
shadowsfm
Minibot

Postby HighPrime » Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:55 am

shadowsfm wrote:

The Unofficial Transformers Club and Convention Exclusive Data Sheet
http://mysite.verizon.net/NicodemusLegend/datasheet.htm

Awesome resource! I've added it to my favorites. Looks like I was off by $5. Many thanks for the link :D :D
HighPrime
Targetmaster

Postby Jelze Bunnycat » Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:06 am

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
At least the bagged sets are still available. Guess I'll wait for what happens, I'm pretty interested in them and the souvenir Ratchet and Flareup.

btw is there an easy way to fix Buzzsaw and Dirge's mandibles?
The resident Rewind... well, half of one :lol:

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3

Looking for:
- TR Furos (Hardhead's head) and Crashbash (lost him :()
- PotP Punch head
- TR Galvatron right arm (the gun one)
- CW Brake-Neck/UW Wildrider, CW Offroad
- TR Twinferno & Grotusque
- Greenlight, Lancer and PotP Elita-1 (plus repro Victorion hands and feet?)
Jelze Bunnycat
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 241
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Skill: 5

Postby Droptested Thrice » Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:57 pm

alldarker wrote:
NebulanFree wrote:Awesome. I got mine two months ago. Just in time, yes?

Hmmm... I still doubt these will be setting e-Bay on fire in the coming months.
I have this set, and it does contain some nice figures, although to be fair I've never even removed some of them from the box, so my judgement might be a bit off. However, it seems that it's the very lukewarm reception of most of these figures that was the cause for this set to still be available 5 years after the event they were produced for. I can't imagine people will get all weepy over these figures just because availability has become slightly less.

I remember this set as my introduction to the "exclusives!" side of Transformer toy collecting. I was intrigued at the time, but not enough to really burn money the set.
Droptested Thrice
Minibot

Postby Dagon » Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:12 pm

Motto: "Ain't nobody got time fo dat....."
Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
Flux Convoy wrote:Crap! I actually would like Deszaras and his bugs. Hopefully I can pick em up cheapish at the con.
:BOT:

They are the best part of the whole set. Deathsuarus is pretty awesome by his self too. The two bugs that came in the box are less excellent than the Virulent Clone-versions, but that's just my opinion. Good luck finding the Clones, btw. I looked forever and only found them a summer ago. Not like it's impossible, but they just don't seem to show up very often. I've come across the 06 BW Megatron more often than the Clones, but never had a billion dollars to spend on the Megatron....at least the Clones are affordable.
Dagon
Faction Commander
Buy from Dagon on eBay
Firepower: 10

Postby Razorclaw0000 » Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:02 pm

Motto: "Know that I am Razorclaw, that my reality is not yours, and while I share Tigerhawk's dual Spark and Vok heritage...
I am NOT he!"
Weapon: Ion Particle Blaster
I wonder where someone could buy one of these sets now that you can't buy them at the club store...hmmmm.

Anyway, I ended up stuck with a second set when I bought a lot to get Ratchet. I'm trying to off load them with no luck yet.
Razorclaw0000
Gestalt
News Credits: 609
Buy from Razorclaw0000 on eBay
Speed: 8
Firepower: 10

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS GENERATION 2 #5 Marvel Comics 1994 (W) Furman (CA) Yaniger 230915F"
TRANSFORMERS GENER ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #2 Cvr E 1:50 Image Comics 2023 0923IM460 2E (CA) Reilly (W)Johnson"
TRANSFORMERS #2 Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #9 1st ptg Marvel Comics 1985 (CA) Manley (W) Budiansky 230915B"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #6 Cvr D 1:25 Image Comics 2024 Skybound 0124IM322 6D (CA) Canete"
NEW!
TRANSFORMERS #6 Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #22 Marvel Comics 1986 (CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 230926S"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "COBRA COMMANDER #3 Cvr C 1:10 Image Comics 2024 3C 0124IM240 (CA) Burnham"
NEW!
COBRA COMMANDER #3 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers ONGOING #25 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2011 25RI (W) Costa (CA) Cahill"
Transformers ONGOI ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers WAR'S END #1 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2022 DEC210548 1RI (CA) Su"
Transformers WAR'S ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS #14 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2022 JAN220492 14RI (CA) Fortuna"
TRANSFORMERS BEAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DUKE #2 Cvr D 1:50 Image Comics 2024 2E GI JOE 1123IM276 (CA) Dragotta"
DUKE #2 Cvr D 1:50 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "COBRA COMMANDER #1 Cvr A Image Comics 2024 1A 0623IM807 (CA) Milana + Leoni"
COBRA COMMANDER #1 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers MOVIE ADAPTATION #3 RI 1:25 IDW Comics 2007 3RI (CA) photo 230323"
Transformers MOVIE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #32 Cvr A IDW Comics 2021 APR210678 32A (CA) Schoening (W) Ruckley"
TRANSFORMERS #32 C ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #7 Cvr E 1:50 Image Comics 2024 0124IM330 7E (CA) Walta (W) Kirkman"
NEW!
VOID RIVALS #7 Cvr ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #346 - Gas Station Jamboree
Twincast / Podcast #346:
"Gas Station Jamboree"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, March 23rd, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Battleslash" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Rippersnapper" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Swoop" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Outback" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series Number 14 Voyager Class Autobot Ironhide" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Mega 1-Step Turbo Changer Dragonstorm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Xort and Highbrow" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Deception Off Road Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Playskool Heroes Rescue Bots Optimus Prime Racing Trailer" on AMAZON