This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

TFCon Nightbird!

Do you love your new Hercules set? Can't get enough of FansProject's items? Upset that you bought a knock off when you thought you were getting an original? Use this forum to tell everyone your thoughts about unlicensed and knock off TF products.

TFCon Nightbird!

Postby UltraPrimal » Sat May 01, 2010 11:04 pm

Motto: "Vote for Beast Wars!"
Weapon: Sword
TFCon pre-registration is now up. Not only that, but we have a glimpse of what the convention exclusive will be: Nightbird, which looks to be based off Impossible Toys' Arcee figure with a new head and sword.
So if you're tired of waiting for BotCon, why not come up to the Great White North, eh? We might not be as big and expensive, but we're a heck of a lot cooler! 8)
UltraPrimal
Gestalt
News Credits: 32
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

TFCon exclusive: Nightbird!

Postby Dead Metal » Sat May 01, 2010 11:27 pm

Motto: "Don't do drugs, beer's cheaper anyway!"
Seibertron.com member UltraPrimal has informed us that the Canadian Transformers fan convention TFCon will have an exclusive this year. Just like the previous year this year's exclusive is made by an unofficial 3rd party company.
The figure will be Nightbird the female Ninja robot from the G1 episode "enter the Nightbird".

As you can see it appears to be based of Impossible toys long awaited T.R.N.S.-01, or in other words Arcee with a new head and sword.

TFCon will also offer a non attendee pack for any one interested in the exclusive who might not be able to make it to the event.

Click here to see the original posting.

Stay tuned to seibertron.com for all your Transformers related news!

Jeep! wrote:Why do I imagine Dead Metal sounding exactly like Arnie?
Intah-wib-buls?

Blurrz wrote:10/10

Leave it to Dead Metal to have the word 'Pronz' in his signature.
Dead Metal
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 767

Re: TFCon Nightbird!

Postby Bumblevivisector » Sat May 01, 2010 11:53 pm

Looks cool, but I hope this doesn't mean Itoys has scrapped their 100% accurate Nightbirds and used their heads for this. How many pieces have their past exclusives been limited to?
Bumblevivisector
Godmaster
News Credits: 1
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6
Endurance: 5
Courage: 7
Firepower: 9
Skill: 6

Postby NassaDane » Sun May 02, 2010 12:35 am

Motto: ""I didn't join because of ROTF, i hated that movie, my love is for Transformers of old""
"And Definitely Don't Shake Her Hands!"
"Hold on to your dreams Chip. The Future is built on Dreams." -Optimus Prime
NassaDane
Micromaster

Postby Heckfire » Sun May 02, 2010 1:37 am

Motto: "Nothing is impossible, just improbable."
Weapon: "Claw" Flame-Throwers
...yep. I want it. Better start saving up...
"Grab a shovel, I'm one skull away from a Mouseketeer reunion." - Bender
"I've never seen anything this beautiful in the entire galaxy...all right, give me the bomb." —Ultra Magnus
You got WRECK-ROLLED!
Heckfire
Vehicon
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 5
Endurance: 4
Courage: 7
Firepower: 6
Skill: 8

Postby Mkall » Sun May 02, 2010 1:53 am

Weapon: Twin Sonic Cannons
Well, looks like I'm going to TFCon too this year.

Discord: Mkall#0376

My Collection! Updated Oct 21, 2022
Mkall
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 402
Endurance: 6
Courage: 8
Skill: 10

Postby vegetacron » Sun May 02, 2010 2:04 am

Weapon: Spinning Augers
This news makes me ponder: What if Hasbro had approved a Transfomers aimed at teenage girls with all-girl TFers as the characters??
vegetacron
Vehicon
News Credits: 1
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 5
Speed: 4
Endurance: 9
Courage: 6
Firepower: 1
Skill: 7

Postby Torneira » Sun May 02, 2010 3:50 am

Nightbird?

This looks more like crossover. Darth Arcee with a lightsaber? :-?
Torneira
Fuzor
News Credits: 3

Postby Mykltron » Sun May 02, 2010 4:15 am

Motto: "If I win again I'm still the champion. If you win HAH! that's just impossible.

Weapon: tea cup."
But Nightbird didn't transform, nor did she have a backpack.

Why not take a look at My TF Repaints? Updated 23rd January 2015
Mykltron
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 9

Postby craggy » Sun May 02, 2010 4:31 am

Mykltron wrote:But Nightbird didn't transform, nor did she have a backpack.

Springer was a helicopter and Arcee wasn't ever a spider. Con exclusives don't always give the most cartoon-accurate representation of characters.
assembling a Neo-G1/TF:TM cast. Please PM if you have (or know of) the following at a reasonable price: Classics or Henkei Astrotrain, Sunstreaker, Sideswipe, or 3rd Party iGear Ratchet and Ironhide.
Also looking for Universe Repugnus and Overbite, Frostbite and Longhorn and any Webdiver toys.
craggy
Faction Commander
News Credits: 4

Postby Mindmaster » Sun May 02, 2010 5:28 am

Motto: "For I have dipped my hands in muddied waters, and, withdrawing them, find 'tis better to be a commander than a common man!"
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
Is it just me, or does her back thingies and chest look like another feminine Transformers tahat we've come to love/hate? That's right, I'm talking about..... Optimus Prime. Ha, you thought I'd say something different, didn't you?! Alright, I'll tell you who it is. I'm pretty sure its a repaint of Impossible Toy's Arcee :lol:
Last edited by Mindmaster on Sun May 02, 2010 5:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
They call me “Tanker Chungus”!

Va'al wrote:I keep track of everyone. Backwards.
There are atandarfs to maintain.

LOST Cybertronian wrote:Hey, If Mindmaster survived then you should do just fine.
Mindmaster
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 251
Watch Mindmaster on YouTube
Alt Mode: Cybertronian Jet
Strength: 8
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Skill: 9

Postby HighPrime » Sun May 02, 2010 5:30 am

Motto: "Wake up with the King!"
Dammit.. looks like more money magically disappearing from me wallet. If this didn't transform, Nightbird would be a big fat pass for me... :BANG_HEAD:

I hope Impossible toys doesn't turn around and announce an "Asian Market" exclusive Nightbird with a slight repaint (and no TFcon sticker...whoopee) like FansProject did last year. #-o
HighPrime
Targetmaster
News Credits: 10
Intelligence: 10
Courage: 10
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10+

Postby Zeds » Sun May 02, 2010 8:47 am

Motto: "I once lost a battle. So long ago I can barely remember it."
Weapon: Thermal Melters
Want to see some pics but I will more than likely get her! Love exclusives.
BWOP: "Die-cast construction...It's a lost art!"

Longs for the days of G1 where we only had to worry about Megatron, Soundwave and Laserbeak wanting to be Autobots, Swoop calling himself Tracks and Slingshot calling himself Slingslot!
Zeds
Gestalt
News Credits: 9
Buy from Zeds on eBay
Strength: 6
Endurance: 8
Skill: 7

Postby wolverinetodd » Sun May 02, 2010 9:27 am

Motto: "Shoot multiple times first... ask questions NEVER!"
Weapon: Double-Shot Missile Launcher
I must be the only person in the world that didn't think she was all that when she appeared in the cartoon series. I think it's because she didn't transform. I always figured that if she did transform, she'd be a Ninja Motorcycle that were so hot at the time.
wolverinetodd
Vehicon
Speed: 9
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 5

Postby Dr. Richtofen » Sun May 02, 2010 9:55 am

Motto: ""Man, I sure wish the Burger Tank was open."
"I could go for a BBQ bacon burger."
"And a large order of fries, and..."
"...an orange soda with no ice, and a..."
"...piece of hot apple pie.""
Weapon: Slingshot
if someone can tell me why i need a non accurate, 200 dollar arcee repaint when i already got the cartoon accurate, platic model one for 20 dollars at a local hobbyshop, i will use my magic to personally shake their hand through the internet.
Military: "Bridge, are you immune?"
Coach: "We are NOT infected."
Military: "Negative Bridge, are you IMMUNE? Have you encountered the Infected?"
Coach: "Encountered? Boy, I am covered in zombie blood and puke and eyeballs and twenty other parts I don't even recognize. We are immune as SH-T!"
Dr. Richtofen
Minibot
Strength: 9
Endurance: 9
Firepower: 8

Postby zodconvoy » Sun May 02, 2010 10:44 am

Motto: "Freedom is the right to KNEEL BEFORE ZOD!"
So far I haven't seen anything from Botcon that's worth buying so this is a must have!
Now for Sale!

NOW ON eBAY:

Visit My Store!
zodconvoy
City Commander
News Credits: 5
Buy from zodconvoy on eBay

Postby Mechastrike » Sun May 02, 2010 1:07 pm

has anybody heard of asadj venterss?
Mechastrike
Combiner

Postby Mindmaster » Sun May 02, 2010 3:50 pm

Motto: "For I have dipped my hands in muddied waters, and, withdrawing them, find 'tis better to be a commander than a common man!"
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
Mechastrike wrote:has anybody heard of asadj venterss?

Star Wars : Clone Wars Animated, right? Why do you ask? Don't even dare say Nightbird reminds you of her... I'll send the East Cybertron Trading Co. to assassinate you if you say yes! :lol:
They call me “Tanker Chungus”!

Va'al wrote:I keep track of everyone. Backwards.
There are atandarfs to maintain.

LOST Cybertronian wrote:Hey, If Mindmaster survived then you should do just fine.
Mindmaster
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 251
Watch Mindmaster on YouTube
Alt Mode: Cybertronian Jet
Skill: 9

Postby Leviathan » Sun May 02, 2010 4:46 pm

Motto: "Destuction to all who walk, swim, and fly."
Weapon: Fusion-Powered Particle Blaster
I can tell by the pic that its a retool of TFA Arcee :CON:
Leviathan
Micromaster
Strength: ???
Intelligence: ???
Speed: ???
Endurance: ???
Courage: ???
Firepower: ???
Skill: ???

Postby Rated X » Mon May 03, 2010 6:20 am

Motto: ""Assumption is the mother of all screw ups.""
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
If I remember correct, Nightbird didnt transform into anything. Why use an Arcee body ??? Just make a accurate figure like they did the Quints and Kremzeek. No need to be lazy...
Rated X
Banned
Strength: 5
Speed: 2
Endurance: 10
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+

Postby Jelze Bunnycat » Mon May 03, 2010 6:24 am

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
TM2Leviathan wrote:I can tell by the pic that its a retool of TFA Arcee :CON:

No it isn't. TFCon is not sponsored or licensed by Hasbro, so using their toys is out of the question.
The resident Rewind... well, half of one :lol:

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3

Looking for:
- TR Furos (Hardhead's head) and Crashbash (lost him :()
- PotP Punch head
- TR Galvatron right arm (the gun one)
- CW Brake-Neck/UW Wildrider, CW Offroad
- TR Twinferno & Grotusque
- Greenlight, Lancer and PotP Elita-1 (plus repro Victorion hands and feet?)
Jelze Bunnycat
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 241
Strength: 5
Skill: 5

Postby HighPrime » Mon May 03, 2010 6:25 am

Rated X wrote:If I remember correct, Nightbird didnt transform into anything. Why use an Arcee body ??? Just make a accurate figure like they did the Quints and Kremzeek. No need to be lazy...

1 - Because they already have plans for an accurate version. You can preorder it here. http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/prod ... ode=retail It's been on endless delay, though.

2 - I suspect to increase returns on their 'Arcee' mold investment.

I'm sure there are other reasons as as well :-)
HighPrime
Targetmaster

Postby joesaysso » Mon May 03, 2010 6:37 am

Weapon: Plasma Beam Rifle

Nor was she even that cool. I fail to see the appeal of making a convention exclusive character from a one-off episode who didn't transform or talk or pretty much do anything. Quite frankly, I hated the Nightbird back when I was a kid because I thought that she was a dumb character. And now, 25 years later, and I'm older and able to think things through for myself, I dislike her even more because she doesn't make sense in the grand scheme of things. Say what you want about G1 but it was downright awful with continuity (as were most 80's cartoons) and I get that. But here are these Transformers, who crashed landed on Earth millions of years ago and they are supposed to be these super advanced robots from out space, well beyond our realm of capabilities. Yet, some Earthling makes a remote controlled ninja robot who absolutely takes all of the Autobots to school without blinking an optic sensor.

And again, she was in one freakin episode, unless I'm mistaken. I don't recall any appearances after "Enter the Nightbird". Convention exclusives should be something worth wanting. And anybody who really wants this figure really needs to break away from the machine just a tad. Seriously, if she had more than one appearance and some sort of significance of the TF universe then maybe I could understand people actually wanting this. Sadly though, I know that many people will actually want this and I wonder if those people will just happily accept anything that Hasbro and the conventions will spoon feed them. There has got to be a thousand figures that deserve to be made before the Nightbird. Literally. A thousand.
One man's two cents
joesaysso
Vehicon
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 7
Firepower: 8
Skill: 10

Postby craggy » Mon May 03, 2010 7:31 am

JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
TM2Leviathan wrote:I can tell by the pic that its a retool of TFA Arcee :CON:

No it isn't. TFCon is not sponsored or licensed by Hasbro, so using their toys is out of the question.

The fact that there's a pic of the Animated Arcee toy on the top of the page, and eyes should tell most people that it's not TFA Arcee retooled. Unless retool now includes 2 totally different toys that might have a screw in them that are the same size or are both made out plastic.
assembling a Neo-G1/TF:TM cast. Please PM if you have (or know of) the following at a reasonable price: Classics or Henkei Astrotrain, Sunstreaker, Sideswipe, or 3rd Party iGear Ratchet and Ironhide.
Also looking for Universe Repugnus and Overbite, Frostbite and Longhorn and any Webdiver toys.
craggy
Faction Commander
News Credits: 4

Postby HighPrime » Mon May 03, 2010 8:12 am

joesaysso wrote:

Nor was she even that cool. I fail to see the appeal of making a convention exclusive character from a one-off episode who didn't transform or talk or pretty much do anything. Quite frankly, I hated the Nightbird back when I was a kid because I thought that she was a dumb character. And now, 25 years later, and I'm older and able to think things through for myself, I dislike her even more because she doesn't make sense in the grand scheme of things. Say what you want about G1 but it was downright awful with continuity (as were most 80's cartoons) and I get that. But here are these Transformers, who crashed landed on Earth millions of years ago and they are supposed to be these super advanced robots from out space, well beyond our realm of capabilities. Yet, some Earthling makes a remote controlled ninja robot who absolutely takes all of the Autobots to school without blinking an optic sensor.

And again, she was in one freakin episode, unless I'm mistaken. I don't recall any appearances after "Enter the Nightbird". Convention exclusives should be something worth wanting. And anybody who really wants this figure really needs to break away from the machine just a tad. Seriously, if she had more than one appearance and some sort of significance of the TF universe then maybe I could understand people actually wanting this. Sadly though, I know that many people will actually want this and I wonder if those people will just happily accept anything that Hasbro and the conventions will spoon feed them. There has got to be a thousand figures that deserve to be made before the Nightbird. Literally. A thousand.

Without getting all geeky, it was those advanced robots, the decepticons (Bombshell, in particular) who had a huge hand in making 'nightbird' a can of 'whoop-ass' for the Autobots. Further, the 'bots were asked by the humans not to damage nightbird, so they had their hands tied.

Anyway, not arguing with your points or how seriously the cartoon is taken, just providing some background.
HighPrime
Targetmaster

Next

Return to Unlicensed and KO Transformers Toys

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "KING TOOTS Transformers BotBots Series 1 Toilet Troop 2018 Hasbro Toilet Paper"
KING TOOTS Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GRAVE RAVE Transformers BotBots Series 3 Lost Bots deodorant Hasbro 2019"
GRAVE RAVE Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "HOT ROD Transformers Cyberverse Tiny Turbo Changers Series 1 Hasbro 2019 New"
HOT ROD Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Series 1 GRIMLOCK Transformers Tiny Turbo Changers Last Knight Movie AOE 230118A"
Series 1 GRIMLOCK ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ZANZABAR Transformers BotBots Series 4 Magic Tricksters Hasbro 2020 crystal ball"
ZANZABAR Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "JET SETTER Transformers BotBots Series 5 Frequent Flyers passport Hasbro 2020"
JET SETTER Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GREED FEED Transformers BotBots Series 3 Arcade Renegades roll of tickets 2019"
GREED FEED Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ROOTWING Transformers BotBots Series 1 Shed Heads 2018 Hasbro plant dragon"
ROOTWING Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BEMYNE Transformers BotBots Series 4 Season Greeters Hasbro 2020"
BEMYNE Transformer ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "FROHAWK Transformers BotBots Series 1 Toilet Troop 2018 (Hair Color Spray Can)"
FROHAWK Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WASABI BREATH Transformers BotBots Series 5 Hibotchi Heats sushi Hasbro 2020"
WASABI BREATH Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SLIPSTREAM Transformers Cyberverse Tiny Turbo Changers Series 5 Hasbro 2021 New"
SLIPSTREAM Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GRANDMA CRINKLES Transformers BotBots Series 4 Sugar Shocks Hasbro 2020"
GRANDMA CRINKLES T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "CALAMITY KEYS Transformers BotBots Series 3 Music Mob 2019 Piano"
CALAMITY KEYS Tran ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Toys Optimus Prime Cyberverse Ultimate Class Action Figure - Repeatable Matrix Mega Shot Action Attack Move - Toys for Kids 6 & Up, 11.5"" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Swoop" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Terrorcon Hun-Gurrr" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Legends Class Laserbeak" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Deluxe Barricade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Sawback" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Autobot Blaster and Twin Cast (Discontinued by manufacturer)" on AMAZON