This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Hasbro reveals 5 nominees for "Hall-of-Fame" from "Fan's Choice" slot

There is more to Transformers than movies, cartoons, comics and toys. Discuss anything else Transformers here.

Re: Hasbro reveals 5 nominees for "Hall-of-Fame" from "Fan's Choice" slot

Postby RK_Striker_JK_5 » Wed May 05, 2010 10:45 am

Motto: "'Til All are One!"
Weapon: Electron Gun
And the nominees just got an infusion of funk. 8)
Not caring about scale since 1984. Just like Hasbro.
RK_Striker_JK_5
Faction Commander
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 10
Courage: 9
Firepower: 4
Skill: 6

Postby Tigertrack » Wed May 05, 2010 11:38 am

Motto: "A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination."
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
So the fans pick the bots, but the stories are for the kids...

Soundwave has minicons...
Jazz was Prime's BFF...

Did we know that thing about GRimlock's vocal processor glitch caused by Scorponok? Or is this a retcon like the others?
Tigertrack
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 1082
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 7
Endurance: 7
Firepower: 8
Skill: 10

Postby Jetstorm92210 » Wed May 05, 2010 1:15 pm

Weapon: Dual-Sonic Disrupter Gun
tigertracks 24 wrote:So the fans pick the bots, but the stories are for the kids...

Soundwave has minicons...
Jazz was Prime's BFF...

Did we know that thing about GRimlock's vocal processor glitch caused by Scorponok? Or is this a retcon like the others?

It's a retcon, but nobody knows for which continuity. It doesn't matter because all the characters are a composite of most of their previous incarnations, except for Grimlock who is mostly his Marvel Comics self.
Jetstorm92210
Fuzor
Endurance: 9
Firepower: 7
Skill: 8

Postby optimalprime2170 » Wed May 05, 2010 4:46 pm

Weapon: Diffraction Sword
I am glad jazz made it in there :APPLAUSE:
SUBSCRIBE TO ME ON YOUTUBE AT www.youtube.com/user/optimalprime2170
optimalprime2170
Mini-Con
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Postby Blurrz » Wed May 05, 2010 6:40 pm

Motto: "scream drive faster"
Weapon: Electro-Laser Cannon
Seibertron's 3 for 3 so far :)
Blurrz
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 1452
Strength: 7
Speed: 10
Endurance: 6
Courage: 8
Skill: 5

Postby UltraPrimal » Wed May 05, 2010 7:40 pm

Motto: "Vote for Beast Wars!"
Weapon: Sword
COME ON DINOBOT! Give me some Beast Wars love, Hasbro!
UltraPrimal
Gestalt
News Credits: 32

Postby Mach » Thu May 06, 2010 6:35 am

Motto: ""I am a Prime. I do not take orders from you!""
Today Hasbro Inc has revealed the 4th nominee for Fan’s Choice finalists for TRANSFORMERS HALL OF FAME. Together with Soundwave, he is another Megatron loyalist - Shockwave.

Check out Hasbro description on this fan's choice:

"Fan’s choice nominee #4 is: SHOCKWAVE
“Clarity of thought is the key to deciding your actions.”

The cold and calculating mind of SHOCKWAVE makes most DECEPTICONS question and fear his true intensions. SHOCKWAVE has always secretly sought control over the DECEPTICONS, but believes all of CYBERTRON will benefit from his scientific and logical approach to rule. Perhaps as powerful as MEGATRON, SHOCKWAVE will loyally serve the DECEPTICON leader until the time inevitably comes when logic dictates that MEGATRON must be retired permanently. In the meantime, SHOCKWAVE uses his vast knowledge to plan military assaults on AUTOBOT forces and to perform gruesome experiments on other TRANSFORMERS. Perhaps his only weakness is letting his emotions get the better of him, leading to spontaneous and irrational actions.

You can view original post here: http://www.hasbro.com/transformers/en_U ... inee-4.cfm
Mach
Gestalt
News Credits: 905
Strength: ???
Intelligence: ???
Speed: ???
Endurance: ???
Courage: ???
Firepower: ???
Skill: ???

Postby RiddlerJ » Thu May 06, 2010 6:51 am

OH YEAHHHHH!

Shockwave was always one of my favorates but I honestly didn't think he would make the list.

The whole letting his emotions get the better of him is a little confounding. Didn't he only do then once in his spotlight?
RiddlerJ
Godmaster

Postby RK_Striker_JK_5 » Thu May 06, 2010 6:54 am

Shockwave, the 'logical' choice. ;)

Well, four down and one to go.
RK_Striker_JK_5
Faction Commander

Postby First-Aid » Thu May 06, 2010 8:14 am

Motto: "This won't hurt me a bit."
Weapon: Laser Scalpel
I can't agree with this choice and here's why:

Shockwave really has not been as pervasive in the TF universe as some of the others. I believe he was in Energon and Animated, besides G1, but that's it. His role in the cartoon was rare compared to the other nominees and very bland at that- a couple lines here and there. There are much better choices...Prowl, Ironhide,Rumble, Devastator (who has been in FAR more toy lines, btw), Ultra Magnus. The only canon he was ever a regular in was the comic book.
It finally happened. The Chicago Cubs won the World Series. Yes, I cried.

-Kanrabat- wrote:
TF-fan kev777 wrote:
First-Aid wrote:Okay, did anyone else notice that we all get a wonderful shot of Starscreams crotch anytime he sits in that throne? That's unnerving. Couldn't they have put n extra flap in there? It's....weird.

Its kind of like Basic Instinct, but not in a good way...

Goddammit, now I can't unsee it.
First-Aid
Faction Commander
News Credits: 2
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 10
Endurance: 5
Courage: 10
Firepower: 2
Skill: 10+

Postby DreadwindsGhost » Thu May 06, 2010 8:28 am

Motto: "Hail Decepticons! Hail Cobra!"
Weapon: Double Venom Lasers
Amelie wrote:I think Soundwave thoroughly deserves his position in the Hall-of-Fame. His toy is excellent, the gimmick works wonderfully, and if you've read the marvel US\UK comics from the 80s, he's a sinister, power-grabbing bastard to boot.

If Shockwave wins next year, I'll be a very happy bunny.

Agreed, on all counts.
Click on my sig for Youtubey goodness - it has the power to surprise!

DreadwindsGhost
Mini-Con
Strength: 7
Speed: 4
Firepower: 10

Postby RiddlerJ » Thu May 06, 2010 8:57 am

First-Aid wrote:I can't agree with this choice and here's why:

Shockwave really has not been as pervasive in the TF universe as some of the others. I believe he was in Energon and Animated, besides G1, but that's it. His role in the cartoon was rare compared to the other nominees and very bland at that- a couple lines here and there. There are much better choices...Prowl, Ironhide,Rumble, Devastator (who has been in FAR more toy lines, btw), Ultra Magnus. The only canon he was ever a regular in was the comic book.

Rumble? Really?

Actually, I'd like to contend that. He still was pretty well known from the cartoon and was and continues to be a large presence in all the comics. Prowl appeared less in the cartoon and comics until Furman established him as basically a foil to make Grimlock look cool. Ironhide,I could see as a good choice, since he'sretty prevailant, I would also see Ratchet who has had a lot of time in a lot of continuites, and Devestator as the first Gesalt and one of the most popular would be good too.

But Shockwave is a good choice.
RiddlerJ
Godmaster

Postby Cliffjumper Prime » Thu May 06, 2010 9:06 am

Weapon: Big Cannon
anyone else think it's funny that 3 out of the 4 voted to be the most popular still don't have classics/universe/generations toys? :-?
Cliffjumper Prime
Minibot
Endurance: 4
Firepower: 9
Skill: 8

Postby First-Aid » Thu May 06, 2010 1:57 pm

Motto: "This won't hurt me a bit."
Weapon: Laser Scalpel
OK, maybe Rumble was a bad example. But lets face it...Rumble got a ton more air time in the G1 cartoon than Shockwave ever did. Ironhide was a better example. I would even go with Jetfire over Shockwave. I don't know if there has been a Transformers toy line that HASN'T had a Jetfire of some type in it. And his story is deeply involved in the mythos of the TF origins.
It finally happened. The Chicago Cubs won the World Series. Yes, I cried.

-Kanrabat- wrote:
TF-fan kev777 wrote:
First-Aid wrote:Okay, did anyone else notice that we all get a wonderful shot of Starscreams crotch anytime he sits in that throne? That's unnerving. Couldn't they have put n extra flap in there? It's....weird.

Its kind of like Basic Instinct, but not in a good way...

Goddammit, now I can't unsee it.
First-Aid
Faction Commander
Strength: 3
Endurance: 5
Firepower: 2

Postby Pyrostrata » Thu May 06, 2010 2:27 pm

Motto: "Autobots just BORE me!"
Weapon: Flamethrower Cannons
Mach wrote:Today Hasbro Inc has revealed the 4th nominee for Fan’s Choice finalists for TRANSFORMERS HALL OF FAME. Together with Soundwave, he is another Megatron loyalist - Shockwave.

Check out Hasbro description on this fan's choice:

"Fan’s choice nominee #4 is: SHOCKWAVE

HURRAY! I just LOVE the Mighty One-Eyed Freak! :lol: He may have been a mewling do-next-to-nothing on the G1 cartoon (what he did do was merely implied....as if holding Cybertron for the Decepticon cause for millions of years while Megatron was indisposed isn't epic enough!), but the comics just polished that up and made him one of the biggest baddest Decepticons ever!
Cannabis Prime wrote:I didn't know a super-sonic jet could park on the grass like that!

Caboose wrote:Time is not made out of lines! Time is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round!

The First Lady of Rage on the Twincast Podcast! http://www.seibertron.com/podcast/

Desperately seeking: Individual weapons (flash included) and missiles for G1 Reflector! PM me if ya got em!
Pyrostrata
Podcast Staff
Strength: 8
Speed: 9
Firepower: 6
Skill: 9

Postby Razorclaw0000 » Fri May 07, 2010 10:45 am

Motto: "Know that I am Razorclaw, that my reality is not yours, and while I share Tigerhawk's dual Spark and Vok heritage...
I am NOT he!"
Weapon: Ion Particle Blaster
Hasbro has revealed the fifth and final nominee for the Fan's Choice slot in the Transformers Hall of Fame: Beast Wars Dinobot!

Hasbro wrote:Fan’s choice nominee #5 is: DINOBOT
"Let me be judged accordingly. The rest is silence.”

Once feared as a PREDACON, DINOBOT found himself stranded alongside MEGATRON in the distant past. There, his code of honor led him to make a choice between following MEGATRON or standing against him. Eventually, DINOBOT joined the heroic MAXIMALS and fought in the BEAST WARS over control of ENERGON, the fate of the human species and CYBERTRON itself. Having sacrificed his life in an honorable stance against the PREDACONS, DINOBOT was cloned by MEGATRON and reborn into Transmetal 2 DINOBOT. By splitting in half the spark in PREDACON RAMPAGE™, MEGATRON was able to control this clone and wield him as a weapon. With the destruction of RAMPAGE, Transmetal 2 DINOBOT’s spark became whole again, along with the consciousness of the warrior that once took hold of this new form and helped save the day.

You can see the entry in its entirety here. You can also check out galleries of Dinobot's original toy form, 10th Anniversary Version, Universe 2.0 Version and many more.
Razorclaw0000
Gestalt
News Credits: 609
Buy from Razorclaw0000 on eBay
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 8

Postby Seibertron » Fri May 07, 2010 10:50 am

Motto: "'Til All Are One!"
Weapon: Twin Shock-Concussion Missiles
Man I almost want to vote for Dinobot simply because he's not G1 and he'd symbolize what Beast Wars did for this hobby. I doubt many of you'd be here right now if it wasn't for the Beast Wars series bringing life back into this franchise.

Dinobot, Shockwave, or Soundwave? Hm.
Seibertron
Site Owner
News Credits: 3554
Watch Seibertron on YouTube
Buy from Seibertron on eBay
Alt Mode: Supersonic Cybertronian Jet
Strength: 10
Firepower: 5

Postby Chaoslock » Fri May 07, 2010 10:52 am

Weapon: Reciprocating Laser Cannon
OLD CHOPPERFACE!
GENERATION 1: THE EPIC ORIGINS! -Hasbro

"Autobots, Buster Witwicky killed Primus. Kill on sight!" - broadcast from Urban Dead

Psychout wrote:Never, ever take the internet seriously, especially not when its on a website dedicated to giant cartoon robots from outer space.
Chaoslock
Faction Commander
News Credits: 7
Endurance: 8
Skill: 7

Postby HighPrime » Fri May 07, 2010 11:10 am

Motto: "Wake up with the King!"
Seibertron wrote:Man I almost want to vote for Dinobot simply because he's not G1 and he'd symbolize what Beast Wars did for this hobby. I doubt many of you'd be here right now if it wasn't for the Beast Wars series bringing life back into this franchise.

Not me. It was stumbling upon RiD Optimus Prime completely by accident in a Wal-mart that brought me back. "When did they start making Transformers again?" was my first thought. Little did I know they had never really stopped making them.

I had caught Beast Wars a few times in the past, but eh... didn't care. Wasn't until many years later that I really appreciated it. Great series, and I'm glad Dinobot got a nomination. There's no way he's making it in this year, though, however hopeful any of us are.
HighPrime
Targetmaster
News Credits: 10

Postby Seibertron » Fri May 07, 2010 11:17 am

Motto: "'Til All Are One!"
Weapon: Twin Shock-Concussion Missiles
HighPrime wrote:
Seibertron wrote:Man I almost want to vote for Dinobot simply because he's not G1 and he'd symbolize what Beast Wars did for this hobby. I doubt many of you'd be here right now if it wasn't for the Beast Wars series bringing life back into this franchise.

Not me. It was stumbling upon RiD Optimus Prime completely by accident in a Wal-mart that brought me back. "When did they start making Transformers again?" was my first thought. Little did I know they had never really stopped making them.

I had caught Beast Wars a few times in the past, but eh... didn't care. Wasn't until many years later that I really appreciated it. Great series, and I'm glad Dinobot got a nomination. There's no way he's making it in this year, though, however hopeful any of us are.

That wasn't what I meant. I meant that everything that came after Beast Wars theoretically owes its existence to Beast Wars, Car Robots / RID included.
Seibertron
Site Owner
News Credits: 3554
Watch Seibertron on YouTube
Buy from Seibertron on eBay
Alt Mode: Supersonic Cybertronian Jet
Strength: 10

Postby UltraPrimal » Fri May 07, 2010 11:18 am

Motto: "Vote for Beast Wars!"
Weapon: Sword
YES! There is a god and his name is Dinobot!!! :KREMZEEK: :DANCE:

Dinobot! Vote Dinobot! Vote Beast Wars! Beast Wars saved the Transformers franchise just like how Dinobot saved humanity(Code of Hero), not to mention all the GeeWun fossils on board the Ark(Nemesis Part 2).

Optimus Primal: "Well fought, my friend. You saved the valley. You saved the lives of those who live here... and of those who are still to come."
Dinobot: "Then... there is nothing to regret."
Rattrap: "Like I said, you're just a blasted, slag-spouting saurian, but... it's nice to know where you stand."
Dinobot:"Upwind of you, for preference, vermin. ...Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly, the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly. The rest... is silence."

Optimus:"He lived a warrior... and died a hero. Let his spark join the Matrix, the greatest of Cybertron."

Optimus:"'In the Spark of an enemy, there will be salvation; and in the darkest hour, there will be a light.'"
Rattrap:"Yeah, from a very unexpected source – Ol' Chopperface's clone. Who'da thunk it?"
Optimus:"And let us never forget those other brave bots, whose sacrifice safeguarded past, present and future."
UltraPrimal
Gestalt
News Credits: 32

Postby Razorclaw0000 » Fri May 07, 2010 11:33 am

Motto: "Know that I am Razorclaw, that my reality is not yours, and while I share Tigerhawk's dual Spark and Vok heritage...
I am NOT he!"
Weapon: Ion Particle Blaster
UltraPrimal wrote:YES! There is a god and his name is Dinobot!!! :KREMZEEK: :DANCE:

Dinobot! Vote Dinobot! Vote Beast Wars! Beast Wars saved the Transformers franchise just like how Dinobot saved humanity(Code of Hero), not to mention all the GeeWun fossils on board the Ark(Nemesis Part 2).

Optimus Primal: "Well fought, my friend. You saved the valley. You saved the lives of those who live here... and of those who are still to come."
Dinobot: "Then... there is nothing to regret."
Rattrap: "Like I said, you're just a blasted, slag-spouting saurian, but... it's nice to know where you stand."
Dinobot:"Upwind of you, for preference, vermin. ...Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly, the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly. The rest... is silence."

Optimus:"He lived a warrior... and died a hero. Let his spark join the Matrix, the greatest of Cybertron."

Optimus:"'In the Spark of an enemy, there will be salvation; and in the darkest hour, there will be a light.'"
Rattrap:"Yeah, from a very unexpected source – Ol' Chopperface's clone. Who'da thunk it?"
Optimus:"And let us never forget those other brave bots, whose sacrifice safeguarded past, present and future."

36 Minutes after I posted....Tsk Tsk. I was expecting sooner ;-)
Razorclaw0000
Gestalt
News Credits: 609
Buy from Razorclaw0000 on eBay
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 8

Postby HighPrime » Fri May 07, 2010 11:43 am

Motto: "Wake up with the King!"
Seibertron wrote:
HighPrime wrote:

That wasn't what I meant. I meant that everything that came after Beast Wars theoretically owes its existence to Beast Wars, Car Robots / RID included.

By that logic, you can point to every series except the one that finally fails as owing it's existence/success to the previous incarnations ;)

I get your point, though. Transformers was on the brink of being lost forever (at least in the US), until Beast Wars came long. The brand was at the closest it's ever been to failure. Even still, though, I'm certain it wouldn't have been lost forever, Beast Wars or not. :)
HighPrime
Targetmaster
News Credits: 10

Postby RK_Striker_JK_5 » Fri May 07, 2010 12:13 pm

If it had come back, it probably would never have been as big as it is now. Beast Wars was and is one of the best things to happen in TF, bar none.

And DInobot... one of the most complex and well-written characters in TF. Again, not just Beast Wars, but the franchise. Code of Hero is in the top... four moments of TF as well. His ultimate redemption... and ultimate sacrifice.

He's got my vote.
RK_Striker_JK_5
Faction Commander

Postby ALEXD4398 » Fri May 07, 2010 12:56 pm

no one will agree but go fortress maximus, god ginrai and/or sixshot! :BOT: :CON:
ALEXD4398
Mini-Con
News Credits: 1

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers General Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #9 Cover A IDW Comic 2019 BOLD NEW ERA SIEGE 9A (CA) Miyao"
TRANSFORMERS #9 Co ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-S33 POWERTRAIN + HIGHJUMP Transformers Siege Micromasters Off-Road Patrol"
WFC-S33 POWERTRAIN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WHEELIE Transformers Studio Series 86 Core Class Hasbro 2022 New"
WHEELIE Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "KUP Transformers Buzzworthy Bumblebee Studio Series 86-02 Hasbro 2022 New"
KUP Transformers B ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K28 GALVATRON fixed shoulders Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Leader 2021"
WFC-K28 GALVATRON ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K2 RATTRAP Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Core Hasbro 2020 New"
WFC-K2 RATTRAP Tra ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-E10 GRAPPLE Transformers War for Cybertron Earthrise Voyager Hasbro 2020 New"
NEW!
WFC-E10 GRAPPLE Tr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K13 MEGATRON Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Core Hasbro 2021 New"
WFC-K13 MEGATRON T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "IRONHIDE Transformers Studio Series 86 Core Class Hasbro 2023 New"
IRONHIDE Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #9 Cover B IDW Comic 2019 BOLD NEW ERA SIEGE 9B (CA) Tramontano"
TRANSFORMERS #9 Co ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-S16 PTERAXADON Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Battle Master 2019 New"
WFC-S16 PTERAXADON ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K32 PIPES Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe Hasbro 2022 New"
WFC-K32 PIPES Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K17 ARCEE Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe 2021 New"
WFC-K17 ARCEE Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BWVS-01 OPTIMUS PRIMAL + MEGATRON Transformers Beast Wars Again Kingdom 2023 New"
BWVS-01 OPTIMUS PR ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Roadtrap" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Toys Megatron Cyberverse Ultimate Class Action Figure - Repeatable Fusion Mega Shot Action Attack Move - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 11.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Windblade and Scorchfire" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Quintus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Bumblebee Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Decepticon Vortex(Discontinued by manufacturer)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight -- Knight Armor Turbo Changer Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Voyager Class Broadside and Blunderbuss" on AMAZON