This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Hasbro's Official Transformers Movie Merchandise Press Release

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Hasbro's Official Transformers Movie Merchandise Press Release

Postby Raymond T. » Thu May 31, 2007 4:18 pm

Hasbro has given their official Press Release for the Transformers Movie merchandise about to be released world wide. The following has been taken directly from the Press Release.

"MORE THAN MEETS THE EYE" Merchandise Invades Stores Worldwide in Anticipation of This Summer's Live-Action TRANSFORMERS Movie

Wide range of TRANSFORMERS toys, games and consumer products arrive at retail on June 2, 2007

PAWTUCKET, R.I.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--May 31, 2007--This summer, Hasbro (NYSE: HAS) Inc.'s legendary TRANSFORMERS robots "star" in their first-ever live-action feature film, produced by DreamWorks Pictures and Paramount Pictures. While TRANSFORMERS fans will have to wait until July 4 to see the movie, they can start to experience the expanded world of TRANSFORMERS on Saturday, June 2 when Hasbro and its more than 225 licensees launch hundreds of new TRANSFORMERS toys, games, and consumer products at stores nationwide.

The TRANSFORMERS movie line, which can currently be previewed at http://www.transformers.com, includes, of course, a legion of new action figures featuring the robots from the movies and an awesome voice changer helmet, in addition to products from leading companies such as Activision, HarperCollins, Random House and Extreme Concepts.

"Together with our licensees, Hasbro has created a wide range of innovative toys, games and consumer products that truly deliver on the brand's 'MORE THAN MEETS THE EYE' essence, " said Brian Goldner, Hasbro's Chief Operating Officer and Executive Producer on the film. "The full line of merchandise will be enjoyed by both our long-time fans who have loved TRANSFORMERS for more than 20 years as well as the new fans who are just now discovering the franchise through this summer's most anticipated movie."

TRANSFORMERS is directed by Michael Bay (Armageddon, The Rock, Bad Boys I and II) and executive produced by Steven Spielberg. In their efforts to help the humans, the AUTOBOTS meet up with an unsuspecting teen, played by Shia LaBeouf (Disturbia, Holes and Even Stevens), who finds himself in the middle of an intergalactic war being waged on our planet. The movie also stars Josh Duhamel (Las Vegas), Tyrese Gibson (Annapolis, 2 Fast 2 Furious), Megan Fox (Confessions of a Teenage Drama Queen), John Turturro and Jon Voight.

Descriptions of some of the TRANSFORMERS toys, games and other products are listed below, all of which will go on sale June 2, 2007.

TRANSFORMERS OPTIMUS PRIME VOICE CHANGER HELMET
(Approximate Retail Price: $29.99; Ages: 5 & Up)

The OPTIMUS PRIME VOICE CHANGER HELMET, authentically detailed to look like the character in the movie, allows kids to imitate OPTIMUS PRIME and sound like a TRANSFORMERS robot for the first time! The OPTIMUS PRIME VOICE CHANGER HELMET features 3 modes:

VOICE CHANGER: Make your voice sound like a robot!
BATTLE PHRASES: OPTIMUS PRIME speaks iconic phrases
CONVERSION SOUNDS: Hear OPTIMUS PRIME change from a truck to a robot and back!

TRANSFORMERS ARM BLASTER assortment
(Approximate retail Price: $29.99; Ages: 5 & up)

Quickly changing from either STARSCREAM'S jet or OPTIMUS PRIME'S truck, these powerful TRANSFORMERS ARM BLASTERS offer kids the unique opportunity to role-play the galactic battle which AUTOBOTS and DECEPTICONS have waged for centuries! One pull changes the toy from vehicle mode to blaster mode, unleashing the power of a NERF dart blaster. OPTIMUS PRIME comes with 3 Nerf darts and STARSCREAM comes with 4 Nerf darts.

TRANSFORMERS MOVIE LEADER assortment
(Approximate Retail Price: $39.99; Ages: 5 & up)

It's Prime time! OPTIMUS PRIME and MEGATRON figures feature lights and sounds in vehicle and robot modes. Additionally, the figures feature new "Automorph Technology", a gearing mechanism that allows some parts to move automatically. The Leader scale includes OPTIMUS PRIME and MEGATRON figures.

TRANSFORMERS MOVIE DELUXE and VOYAGER assortments
(Approximate Retail Price: $9.99 - $19.99; Ages: 5 & up)

The fun and excitement of 2007's live-action film is placed in kids' hands with the all-new TRANSFORMERS MOVIE action figures. Not only do the figures feature the authentic TRANSFORMERS action that enables all figures to change from vehicle mode to robot mode, but they also feature new "Automorph Technology." Movie-styled figures in the Deluxe and Voyager scales include: OPTIMUS PRIME, MEGATRON, SCORPONOCK, BARRICADE, AUTOBOT JAZZ and BUMBLEBEE figures.

MR. POTATO HEAD OPTIMASH PRIME
(Approximate retail price: $9.99; Ages: 2 & up)

MR. POTATO HEAD, the iconic face-changing potato friend for kids, takes on the role of a lifetime as the spud-ly leader of the AUTOBOTS, OPTIMASH PRIME. Kids will be able to have all kinds of mix 'n match fun with this wacky spud dressed as OPTIMUS PRIME. The OPTIMASH PRIME figure comes with fun parts, including shoes, ears, eyes and helmet.

TRANSFORMERS Robot Fighters Game - MEGATRON vs. OPTIMUS PRIME
(Approximate retail price $ 19.99; Ages: 7 & up; Players: 2)

Battle head-to-head as MEGATRON or OPTIMUS PRIME robots! Each player takes control of a hand held robot, knocking your opponent off its base to win a battle. Be the first player to win five battles and you win the game.

TRANSFORMERS 3D Battle-Card Game
(Approximate retail price: $3.99: Ages: 8 & up)

Build 'em! Battle 'em! The TRANSFORMERS 3D battle-card game lets you take total control of your favorite AUTOBOT and DECEPTICON characters. Crack open a pack and start building your 'bots -- or build them in vehicle form, using the same set of pieces. Then, battle away because even though they're fun to put together, they're even more fun to play with. Each pack comes with four randomly inserted constructible cards (enough to build two characters), two stats cards, and token card.

LICENSED PRODUCTS

Hasbro's licensing division, HPG, has inked more than 225 deals in 70 countries resulting in a tremendous lineup of goods that truly embrace the "MORE THAN MEETS THE EYE" theme of the brand. Beginning on June 2, fans of all ages will find a wide range of highly innovative, hip and fun TRANSFORMERS-licensed products ranging from apparel to publishing, digital media, home decor, food and beverage, health and beauty, automotive, and cards/stationery.

First introduced in 1984 by Hasbro and Takara as a toy line, TRANSFORMERS has become a global phenomenon inspiring comic books, video games, animated series, films and a convention dedicated to TRANSFORMERS collectors.

For more information on Hasbro's TRANSFORMERS toy line and the live-action feature film, please visit http://www.transformers.com and http://www.transformersmovie.com.

HPG, the licensing division of Hasbro, Inc. (NYSE: HAS), translates one of the industry's richest portfolios of brands into a world of fun and excitement for children and adults globally. Through a host of publishing, digital media, lifestyle and entertainment platforms, HPG is able to surround consumers of all ages worldwide with consumer products that expand Hasbro's core brands, such as TRANSFORMERS, LITTLEST PET SHOP, MY LITTLE PONY, MONOPOLY, G.I. JOE, TONKA and PLAYSKOOL.

Hasbro (NYSE: HAS) is a worldwide leader in children's and family leisure time entertainment products and services, including the design, manufacture and marketing of games and toys ranging from traditional to high-tech. Both internationally and in the U.S., its PLAYSKOOL, TONKA, MILTON BRADLEY, PARKER BROTHERS, TIGER and WIZARDS OF THE COAST brands and products provide the highest quality and most recognizable play experiences in the world.

Hunter PR
Mark Newman, 212-679-6600 ext 213
mnewman@hunterpr.com
or
Hasbro
Audrey DeSimone, 401-727-5857

SOURCE: Hasbro, Inc.
Raymond T.
Brainmaster
News Credits: 730
Location: Amsterdam, Northern Holland, The Netherlands, Europe, Earth (Sol III), The Sol Solar System.

Postby XEN0 » Thu May 31, 2007 4:28 pm

wow they are pushing it a little with all the transformers stuff thats unrelated to the line except for bearing the tf label but the reasl gear and leader class prime are sweet!
XEN0
Mini-Con

Postby Vorpal » Thu May 31, 2007 4:36 pm

So..Ironhide DOES hit Saturday too? Or not?? No mention here! Augh!
Vorpal
Mini-Con

Postby Roboto750 » Thu May 31, 2007 5:25 pm

Motto: "Winners are losers who got up and gave it one more try."
Weapon: Electro Scrambler Gun
Can't wait for Saturday! I've got most of the line already, but I still just can't wait! :grin:
Roboto750
Headmaster
Buy from Roboto750 on eBay
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 10
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 10

Postby Phenotype » Thu May 31, 2007 5:27 pm

Vorpal wrote:So..Ironhide DOES hit Saturday too? Or not?? No mention here! Augh!

Ironhide's not as cool as he looks in photos, I kinda wish I hadn't bought him...don't get too excited for that figure, you might be disappointed.
Phenotype
Vehicon

Postby Spooner » Thu May 31, 2007 5:32 pm

Saturday is taking forever to get here...and I'm all about the Target exclusive Prime...
Spooner
Minibot

Postby featofstrength » Thu May 31, 2007 6:11 pm

Phenotype wrote:
Vorpal wrote:So..Ironhide DOES hit Saturday too? Or not?? No mention here! Augh!

Ironhide's not as cool as he looks in photos, I kinda wish I hadn't bought him...don't get too excited for that figure, you might be disappointed.

Wha?! I love my Ironhide
featofstrength
Vehicon

Postby featofstrength » Thu May 31, 2007 6:14 pm

Spooner wrote:Saturday is taking forever to get here...and I'm all about the Target exclusive Prime...

I hear that about the Target Prime...i havent been by my usual Target in a bit, I hope they havent already put em out
featofstrength
Vehicon

Postby Autobot032 » Thu May 31, 2007 6:19 pm

Weapon: Switch Blade Tail
Good thing Hasbro put Megatron in the press release. I might actually be able to get him then. I *HATE* waiting. With a passion.
NOTE: Realize that I am not a perfect Christian, nor do I profess to be. I apologize if anyone's ever offended by me, I'm not perfect. Don't hold my posts and opinions against other Christians.
Autobot032
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 668
Buy from Autobot032 on eBay

Postby Roboto750 » Thu May 31, 2007 7:11 pm

Autobot032 wrote:Good thing Hasbro put Megatron in the press release. I might actually be able to get him then. I *HATE* waiting. With a passion.

You and me both!
Roboto750
Headmaster

Postby Liege Evilmus » Thu May 31, 2007 7:25 pm

That all became a blurr after a while, but can anyone tell me if they mentioned the G1 changing pillows?

I know I got the names wrong.
Attachments
softimus1.jpg
softimus1.jpg (9.96 KiB) Viewed 4269 times
softimus2.jpg
softimus2.jpg (14.51 KiB) Viewed 4269 times
slumberbee2.jpg
slumberbee2.jpg (11.9 KiB) Viewed 4269 times
slumberbee.jpg
slumberbee.jpg (9.32 KiB) Viewed 4268 times

My Collection, updated 4/21(sorta)... viewtopic.php?f=4&t=35550&p=627727#p627727
Liege Evilmus
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 8

Postby Phenotype » Thu May 31, 2007 7:40 pm

featofstrength wrote:
Phenotype wrote:

Wha?! I love my Ironhide

Sorry, I felt the figure was a bit of a disappointment, I like the deluxe's a lot better. The chest pieces won't stay lined up right and the shoulder joints are much too stiff, on top of that his head looks like it's sinking into his body. I should say that the automorph feature in his legs was very well executed. Overall it's not a bad figure but my least favorite thus far.
Phenotype
Vehicon

Postby Roboto750 » Thu May 31, 2007 8:47 pm

Liege Evilmus wrote:That all became a blurr after a while, but can anyone tell me if they mentioned the G1 changing pillows?

Softimus Prime and Slumblebee. I got a set from K-Mart. They'll be out everywhere soon. I suggest getting a set, they're pretty fun just to have around! 8)
Last edited by Roboto750 on Fri Jun 01, 2007 8:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Roboto750
Headmaster

Postby Liege Evilmus » Fri Jun 01, 2007 6:23 am

Roboto750 wrote:
Liege Evilmus wrote:That all became a blurr after a while, but can anyone tell me if they mentioned the G1 changing pillows?

Softimus Prime and Slumblebee. I got a set from K-Mart. They'll be out everywhere soon. I suggest getting I set, they're pretty fun just to have around! 8)

They look that way, I saw these on a site about 2 months ago, and have been wanting them ever since!

My Collection, updated 4/21(sorta)... viewtopic.php?f=4&t=35550&p=627727#p627727
Liege Evilmus
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 8

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SILVERSTREAK Transformers Buzzworthy Bumblebee Legacy Hasbro 2022 New"
SILVERSTREAK Trans ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SHADOW STRIKER Transformers Legacy Evolution Deluxe Cyberverse Hasbro 2023 New"
SHADOW STRIKER Tra ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SHOCKWAVE Transformers Legacy Core Class G1 Hasbro 2022 New"
SHOCKWAVE Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "LASER OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Legacy United Leader G2 Universe 2024 New"
LASER OPTIMUS PRIM ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K26 TRACKS Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe 2021 New"
WFC-K26 TRACKS Tra ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K33 SLAMMER Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe Hasbro 2022 New"
NEW!
WFC-K33 SLAMMER Tr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K7 PALEOTREX Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe Hasbro 2020 New"
WFC-K7 PALEOTREX T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "CHEETOR Transformers Legacy United Core Beast Machines Hasbro 2024 New"
NEW!
CHEETOR Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "LEO PRIME Transformers Legacy Evolution Voyager Maximal Hasbro 2023 New/IN STOCK"
LEO PRIME Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WINDBLADE Transformers Legacy United Deluxe Class Cyberverse Hasbro 2024 New"
WINDBLADE Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "INFERNO Transformers Legacy Voyager Beast Wars Predacon 2022 New **IN-STOCK**"
INFERNO Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ENERGON MEGATRON Transformers Legacy United Core Class Hasbro 2024 New"
ENERGON MEGATRON T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DREADWING Transformers Legacy Evolution TL-57 Leader Prime Takara Tomy 2023 New"
NEW!
DREADWING Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K22 DRACODON Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Core Hasbro 2021 New"
NEW!
WFC-K22 DRACODON T ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee Movie Toys, Power Charge Bumblebee Action Figure - Spinning Core, Lights and Sounds - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 10.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Terrorcon Blot" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 12 Voyager Class Movie 1 Decepticon Brawl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Sludge" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Titans Return Legends Class Autobot Cosmos" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations, Platinum Edition, One Shall Stand, One Shall Fall" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Legends Class Brawn" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Autobot Sovereign and Alpha Trion" on AMAZON