This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

War for Cybertron, What You'll Need for PC

This is the forum to discuss all of those video games you love playing or that are coming out. From Transformers video games to Fighting games to Sports games ... whatever makes you a happy Seibertronian. Just keep it the topics and conversations game and console related.

War for Cybertron, What You'll Need for PC

Postby Nekoman » Tue May 25, 2010 10:00 am

Motto: "Think for yourself, and think hard."
Weapon: Star Saber Sword
Details coming from Best Buy's order page provides the requirements for Transformers: War for Cybertron on the PC. The system requirements are as follows:

PC Processor Type
Intel® Core™ 2 Duo E4300 processor, AMD Athlon™ 64 x2 Dual Core 4000 processor

PC Processor Speed
2GHz

PC Operating System
Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7

PC System Memory
2GB RAM

PC Hard Drive Space
9GB

PC Video
256MB DirectX 9.0c-compatible NVIDIA GeForce 7900 GT or ATI Radeon X1900 video cards (excluding NVIDIA 8400 and Radeon HD2400, HD2600 and HD3450 video cards)

PC Sound Card
16-bit DirectX 9.0c-compatible sound cards

PC Drive Type and Speed
DVD-ROM 6x

To view Best Buy's order page, click here.

Transformers: War for Cybertron comes out on most major consoles June 22nd.
Nekoman
Gestalt
News Credits: 387
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: ???
Speed: 1
Endurance: 1
Courage: N/A
Firepower: 10
Skill: N/A

Re: War for Cybertron, What You'll Need for PC

Postby Shadowman » Tue May 25, 2010 10:09 am

Motto: "May God have mercy on my enemies, because I sure as hell won't."
Ugh, I always meet all the requirements except the processor. Oh well, I intended to get the console version anyway, apologies for betraying my PC-playing brethren.
Sidekick= Saiya_Maximal
Steam Nickname: Big Chief Devil Hawk Fireball
Shadowman's awesome site for cool people.
Shadowman's awesome comic for cool people.
"Falling is really just flying downward and out of control."
Wigglez wrote:Just remember. The sword is an extension of your arm. Use it as if you're going to karate chop someone with your really long sharp ass hand.
Shadowman
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 2

Postby Autobot032 » Tue May 25, 2010 10:33 am

Weapon: Switch Blade Tail
Woo hoo!

And I should be able to max it out at 720p (my TV's resolution).

I'd like to see what the recommended requirements are, but eh.
NOTE: Realize that I am not a perfect Christian, nor do I profess to be. I apologize if anyone's ever offended by me, I'm not perfect. Don't hold my posts and opinions against other Christians.
Autobot032
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 668
Buy from Autobot032 on eBay

Postby MrMunkeepants » Tue May 25, 2010 11:33 am

finally! but why is my video card always on the "excluding..." list? well, now I know what to upgrade to.
seeing the recommended specs would have been nice, but at least now we have a baseline.
selling all my Alternators, like new in boxes; PM me for info! I have LNIB RTS Grapple, leader Starscream, Windcharger, legends Megatron! Also: TF07 Allspark leaders
MrMunkeepants
Minibot
News Credits: 1

Postby Blackstreak » Tue May 25, 2010 12:19 pm

Motto: ""I'm stronger than I look, but not as strong as I think I am.""
Weapon: Laser Rifle
Building me a new computer. :APPLAUSE: Already got it paid for too. :grin:

:KREMZEEK:

# of Transformers in collection: 332
Looking for 1985 Action Cards
Blackstreak
Godmaster
News Credits: 1
Watch Blackstreak on YouTube
Buy from Blackstreak on eBay
Alt Mode: Datsun 280 ZX or Dodge Viper
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 5
Speed: 9
Endurance: 7
Courage: 9
Firepower: 9
Skill: 8

Postby Autobot032 » Tue May 25, 2010 2:15 pm

MrMunkeepants wrote:finally! but why is my video card always on the "excluding..." list? well, now I know what to upgrade to.
seeing the recommended specs would have been nice, but at least now we have a baseline.

I have used ATi for the longest time, both integrated (X1200 in the laptop) and cards (Radeon X1300 PRO 256MB in a Dell desktop), and I decided to give Nvidia a chance in my new desktop.

Glad I did. I got quite a bit of power for the money. If you do go with Nvidia, I'd go with the GT series as your starting point and work your way up.

A 1 GB GT220 (the card I have) can be found for anywhere between $50-75.00 and it plays Batman Arkham Asylum quite well, with no lag. Left 4 Dead (and 2) can be maxed out without breaking a sweat, and doesn't require a huge power supply upgrade. (If at all. The stock PSU in my Compaq runs it just fine.)

So, it's not always an expensive endeavor to upgrade. It's a pain, but not always expensive. Some cards were going for $300-500!

I'm assuming the recommended settings for WFC shouldn't be extreme. It looks impressive, but I just don't think it's going to require a powerhouse to run it.

EDIT: BTW. Don't use integrated audio, if possible. Get a soundcard, because it will take a great deal of stress off of the memory and processor, which will help boost the power going to the game.

Also, check out GameBooster. It's a free download and it works.
NOTE: Realize that I am not a perfect Christian, nor do I profess to be. I apologize if anyone's ever offended by me, I'm not perfect. Don't hold my posts and opinions against other Christians.
Autobot032
Matrix Keeper

Postby Fires_Of_Inferno » Tue May 25, 2010 4:35 pm

Motto: "Small things aren't worth being mad over."
Weapon: Venom Blaster
Hmm, looks like I JUST meet those requirements. Eh, I prefer the consol versions anyhow.
TheLocalBard! My Twitter account: https://twitter.com/TheLocalBard

Groovy
Fires_Of_Inferno
City Commander
News Credits: 18
Alt Mode: Transmetal Insect and Helicopter
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 3
Endurance: 9
Courage: 7
Firepower: 3
Skill: 7

Postby Blurrz » Tue May 25, 2010 4:54 pm

Motto: "scream drive faster"
Weapon: Electro-Laser Cannon
And... who's going to miss out playing this on a 50" Flat Screen with a Xbox 360?

Not me.
Blurrz
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 1452
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 10
Endurance: 6
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 5

Postby Autobot032 » Tue May 25, 2010 4:58 pm

Blurrz wrote:And... who's going to miss out playing this on a 50" Flat Screen with a Xbox 360?

Not me.

Computers can do the same. Now all I need is the 50" flat screen. lol
Autobot032
Matrix Keeper

Postby Hom C. Tarkas » Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:46 pm

Should an Intel Pentium 4 2.00 GHz work for this?
Hom C. Tarkas
Mini-Con

Postby Autobot032 » Wed Jun 16, 2010 5:18 pm

Hom C. Tarkas wrote:Should an Intel Pentium 4 2.00 GHz work for this?

Go to this link: http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri in IE 7 or 8 (doesn't work well with Firefox or Palemoon) and install the Java applet (it won't harm your computer, it's not malware or anything like that)

It will tell you whether or not your system is capable of running the game.

Now just because your computer's speeds match what they require, doesn't mean the specs of the components do.

There's SDRAM, DDR, DDR2, etc.

You must match not only the speeds, but the tech specs to make it run. This site will tell you.
Autobot032
Matrix Keeper

Postby Shadowman » Wed Jun 16, 2010 5:52 pm

Motto: "May God have mercy on my enemies, because I sure as hell won't."

It depends, is your processor single-core or dual-core? (There were dual-cores in the Pentium 4 line if I'm not mistaken) If it's single-core, you don't meet the requirement. If it's dual-core, you MIGHT meet the requirement, but I wouldn't bet on it.
Sidekick= Saiya_Maximal
Steam Nickname: Big Chief Devil Hawk Fireball
Shadowman's awesome site for cool people.
Shadowman's awesome comic for cool people.
"Falling is really just flying downward and out of control."
Wigglez wrote:Just remember. The sword is an extension of your arm. Use it as if you're going to karate chop someone with your really long sharp ass hand.
Shadowman
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 2

Postby SlyTF1 » Wed Jun 16, 2010 5:59 pm

Motto: "If my first sacrifice wasn't enough, maybe you would prefer to pay with your funky blood."
Weapon: Sword
I have one minor off topic question, but Ive always wanted to know this.

For PC games do you use your keyboard or do you use a controller that connects to the computer?
I Am.
SlyTF1
Faction Commander
News Credits: 37
Watch SlyTF1 on YouTube
Alt Mode: The entire universe
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 10+

Postby Autobot032 » Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:34 pm

SlyTF1 wrote:I have one minor off topic question, but Ive always wanted to know this.

For PC games do you use your keyboard or do you use a controller that connects to the computer?

It depends on the person, really. Although, some games aren't made with controllers in mind.

Things like Left4Dead, Call Of Duty (I.E. first person shooters or FPS) they recommend WASD + Mouse and some people are really great at it.

I'm not one of them. I have to use the XBox 360 controller or I can't play the games. I've never been good with WASD.

Rocket Knight Adventures (available on Steam, and I recommend it, btw) says "For best results, a controller is recommended" or something to that effect.

If you're used to controllers like I am, then I recommend you stick with that. If you can work your way around the WASD + Mouse thing, go for it.
Autobot032
Matrix Keeper

Postby Hom C. Tarkas » Thu Jun 17, 2010 5:42 am

Shadowman wrote:

It depends, is your processor single-core or dual-core? (There were dual-cores in the Pentium 4 line if I'm not mistaken) If it's single-core, you don't meet the requirement. If it's dual-core, you MIGHT meet the requirement, but I wouldn't bet on it.

Thanks. My CPU is single core, guess I'm going to have to save up.
:BANG_HEAD: :BANG_HEAD: :BANG_HEAD: :BANG_HEAD: :BANG_HEAD: :BOOM:
Hom C. Tarkas
Mini-Con

Postby sparty2304 » Thu Jun 17, 2010 5:52 am

Does anyone understand the "excluding NVIDIA 8400"???? I have a 8400GS(its more then enough) WHY CANT I USE IT!
sparty2304
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 6

Postby Autobot032 » Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:39 am

sparty2304 wrote:Does anyone understand the "excluding NVIDIA 8400"???? I have a 8400GS(its more then enough) WHY CANT I USE IT!

Click the link I posted earlier. If it passes you, then there's a good chance it'll run on your system. You need hardware lighting, shading, textures, etc. Most games require 2.0-3.0 If you have 3.0, and 512 mb of ram on the card, or more, it should work just fine.

Some of the cards they say no to, are budget or oem cards which have features stripped to make them affordable.
Autobot032
Matrix Keeper

Postby sparty2304 » Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:29 am

Autobot032 wrote:
sparty2304 wrote:Does anyone understand the "excluding NVIDIA 8400"???? I have a 8400GS(its more then enough) WHY CANT I USE IT!

Click the link I posted earlier. If it passes you, then there's a good chance it'll run on your system. You need hardware lighting, shading, textures, etc. Most games require 2.0-3.0 If you have 3.0, and 512 mb of ram on the card, or more, it should work just fine.

Some of the cards they say no to, are budget or oem cards which have features stripped to make them affordable.

I did go to the link(thanks BTW) and everything Checks green then it says FAIL since its a 8400GS...I assume its due to the Shading, Textures, ect...since it did come with the PC...I just cant afford to upgrade and buy the game right now...
sparty2304
Headmaster Jr

Postby Autobot032 » Thu Jun 17, 2010 3:41 pm

sparty2304 wrote:
Autobot032 wrote:

I did go to the link(thanks BTW) and everything Checks green then it says FAIL since its a 8400GS...I assume its due to the Shading, Textures, ect...since it did come with the PC...I just cant afford to upgrade and buy the game right now...

Sorry to hear that man. :( Yeah, the shaders and the pixels are a huge problem.

People say "Well why not stick with console gaming then?" and to a certain extent, they're right.

But there is a huge upside to PC gaming.

1.) Online servers can remain online almost indefinitely, while I've heard some console games no longer have internet connectivity.

2.) One video card upgrade of $100-150.00 can last you a good, long while. (You might not always be able to max out the newest games, but you should be able to play them with respectable graphics)

3.) Downloadable content, homebrew levels, things of that nature. (Console games might let you download a special character or a special level that's officially made, but that's it. Some of the homebrew stuff is really top notch. For example: Left4Dead has a new fanmade campaign called "I Hate Mountains" and it looks just as professional as any of Valve's levels. In some ways, more so.)

PC gaming can be expensive, I won't lie. Plus, it's easier to just turn on your TV and your console and just play, but there are so many things you can do with the PC, and we usually end up needing an upgrade in about 2-3 years anyhow, so it kinda helps to keep you current too.

I've done both console and PC gaming, and I still own a Wii, and I can honestly say that I'm glad I made the switch to PC.
Autobot032
Matrix Keeper

Postby sparty2304 » Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:25 pm

I have a 360 and a Wii but I really wanted this for the PC for just the reasons you stated...plus I have a few friends I play with on the PC who are not Transformers fans but were willing to let me try it and see if it were worth adding to our list of games we play...they dont all have 360s.
sparty2304
Headmaster Jr

Postby Autobot032 » Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:32 pm

sparty2304 wrote:I have a 360 and a Wii but I really wanted this for the PC for just the reasons you stated...plus I have a few friends I play with on the PC who are not Transformers fans but were willing to let me try it and see if it were worth adding to our list of games we play...they dont all have 360s.

Speaking of 360s, that reminds me...

Unlike a console (I'm looking at you, 360), when one component goes, it doesn't automatically mean the entire unit goes with it, on a PC.

You can replace the processor, the memory, video card, all at separate times, instead of your entire computer "taking the piss" as they say.

A 360 just wills itself to death. It's just a matter of time.
Autobot032
Matrix Keeper

Postby sparty2304 » Fri Jun 18, 2010 12:39 am

Thank you for making that point...I forgot the other reason is my 360 is starting to freeze during game play....I think its my HDD but I dont want to buy a new one to find out...STOP MAKING A POINT FOR ME TO BUY A NEW VIDEO CARD!
sparty2304
Headmaster Jr

Return to Video Games and Mobile Apps Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ACTION COMICS #1056 Cvr E Superman DC Comics 2023 0423DC052 1056E (CA) Schmidt"
ACTION COMICS #105 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATMAN AND ROBIN AND HOWARD #1 DC Comics 2024 0124DC157 (W/A/CA) Brown"
NEW!
BATMAN AND ROBIN A ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ACTION COMICS #1053 Cvr C Superman DC Comics 2023 JAN233234 1053C (CA) Weeks"
ACTION COMICS #105 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "FLASH #794 Cvr C card stock DC Comics 2023 JAN233296 794C (CA) Kambadais"
FLASH #794 Cvr C c ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SUPERMAN #1 Facsimile DC Comics 2022 ptg 0822DC186 (A/CA) Shuster (W) Siegel"
SUPERMAN #1 Facsim ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SUPERMAN #3 Cvr I 1:100 DC Comics 2023 0223DC027 3I (W) Williamson (CA) Campbell"
SUPERMAN #3 Cvr I ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATMAN #140 Cvr A DC Comics 2023 0923DC075 140A (W) Zdarsky (A/CA) Jimenez"
BATMAN #140 Cvr A ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATMAN #1 Facsimile Edition Cvr C blank DC Comics 2023 ptg 0723DC203 1C (CA)Kane"
BATMAN #1 Facsimil ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Batman BRAVE AND BOLD #3 Cvr B -DC Comics 2023 0523DC174 3B (CA) Gerads"
Batman BRAVE AND B ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Batman Santa Claus SILENT KNIGHT #1 Cvr C DC Comics 2023 0923DC048 1C (CA)Chmidt"
Batman Santa Claus ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATMAN #141 Cvr A DC Comics 2024 1023DC048 141A (W) Zdarsky (A/CA) Jimenez"
BATMAN #141 Cvr A ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ACTION COMICS #1056 Cvr H 1:50 foil Superman DC Comics 0423DC055 1056H (CA)Beach"
ACTION COMICS #105 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATMAN #146 Cvr B DC Comics 2024 0224DC002 146B (CA) Putri (W) Zdarsky"
NEW!
BATMAN #146 Cvr B ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WORLDS FINEST #6 DC Comics 1999 (CA) Taylor (W) Kesel (A) Doherty 230915A"
WORLDS FINEST #6 D ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Grotusque and Scorponok Deluxe Action Figure Exclusive Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Cutthroat" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of the Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Novastar" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Autobot Sovereign and Alpha Trion" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Deluxe Barricade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Bumblebee Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Sky Shadow and  Ominus" on AMAZON