This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

New War For Cybertron Video: 7 Things You Should Know About War for Cybertron

This is the forum to discuss all of those video games you love playing or that are coming out. From Transformers video games to Fighting games to Sports games ... whatever makes you a happy Seibertronian. Just keep it the topics and conversations game and console related.

New War For Cybertron Video: 7 Things You Should Know About War for Cybertron

Postby Diem » Sun May 30, 2010 5:36 pm

WatchMojo.com have posted a new video for War for Cybertron that gives us a whole lot of new information and lets us get a peek at characters we haven't seen before and a longer look at those we've only had a glimpse of. The video contains some storyline elements so be careful if you want to avoid spoilers. You can see the video here or embedded below:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DIKskrlmpOk[/youtube]

For the latest in Transformers game news, stick with Seibertron.com!
Diem
City Commander
News Credits: 217

Re: New War For Cybertron Video: 7 Things You Should Know About War for Cybertron

Postby Icicle » Sun May 30, 2010 5:46 pm

Motto: "Have a nIce Day!"
Weapon: Double-Barreled Crystalizer Cannon
I am so looking forward to this game! I hope this opens the door for a Transformers MMO. :BOT:
Icicle
Micromaster
Buy from Icicle on eBay
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Courage: 10
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Re: New War For Cybertron Video: 7 Things You Should Know About War for Cybertron

Postby Name_Violation » Sun May 30, 2010 6:04 pm

Motto: "It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue."
Weapon: Multi-Function Sword
NERDGASM!!!!!!!!
Fun Toy Banned Because Of Three Stupid Dead Kids :KREMZEEK:
People wrote:zombybunnie: N_V scares me...I no longer wish that my pants transformed
Burn:Anyone notice how much of a boring party pooper N_V is? He doesn't join in the fun, he's spent the last few years with dodgy builds feeding XP to the Autobots, and he sure as heck doesn't spam.
disruptor96: I forgot how insane you were.
Name_Violation
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 3
Intelligence: ???
Skill: ???

Postby Mindmaster » Sun May 30, 2010 6:17 pm

Motto: "For I have dipped my hands in muddied waters, and, withdrawing them, find 'tis better to be a commander than a common man!"
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
Now I'm REALLY wishing for an XBox after I saw this. :sad:
They call me “Tanker Chungus”!

Va'al wrote:I keep track of everyone. Backwards.
There are atandarfs to maintain.

LOST Cybertronian wrote:Hey, If Mindmaster survived then you should do just fine.
Mindmaster
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 251
Watch Mindmaster on YouTube
Alt Mode: Cybertronian Jet
Strength: 8
Intelligence: Infinity
Courage: 8
Firepower: 6

Postby NassaDane » Sun May 30, 2010 6:19 pm

Motto: ""I didn't join because of ROTF, i hated that movie, my love is for Transformers of old""
The Video lost me at #5. Gameplay and on look pretty bad. Everything before looks great. It seems with each new information the game looks less and less good.
"Hold on to your dreams Chip. The Future is built on Dreams." -Optimus Prime
NassaDane
Micromaster

Postby DangerousFat » Sun May 30, 2010 7:16 pm

NassaDane wrote:The Video lost me at #5. Gameplay and on look pretty bad. Everything before looks great. It seems with each new information the game looks less and less good.

Huh? No offense intended, but are you mental? lol THis looks to be the best Transformers game ever made and a definite boon to the non-movie fictions and toy-lines. I'm impressed by everything I've seen so far and praying it's as good as it looks.
DangerousFat
Mini-Con

Postby SLUGSLINGER81 » Sun May 30, 2010 7:56 pm

Motto: ""If you can't find a way, make a way""
Weapon: Slingshot
Here are 7 things you should also know about this game:
1. I'm phyched about this game
2. I will get this Game
3. I will religiously and obsessively play this game
4. I will lose all contact with the outside world because of this game
5. I will lose my job because of this game
6. My girlfriend will probably leave me because of this game
7. HOLY CRAP I CANT WAIT FOR THIS GAME!!!

wait...know that I read #4-6, may be I should hold off on getting this game...YEAH RIGHT!!! BRING ON THE FRAGGIN HEADSHOTS!!! :KREMZEEK: :KREMZEEK: :KREMZEEK:
SLUGSLINGER81
Minibot
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 10
Courage: 9
Firepower: 8
Skill: 10

Postby Mindmaster » Sun May 30, 2010 8:12 pm

Motto: "For I have dipped my hands in muddied waters, and, withdrawing them, find 'tis better to be a commander than a common man!"
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
SLUGSLINGER81 wrote:Here are 7 things you should also know about this game:
2. I will get this Game

wait...know that I read #4-6, may be I should hold off on getting this game...YEAH RIGHT!!! BRING ON THE FRAGGIN HEADSHOTS!!! :KREMZEEK: :KREMZEEK: :KREMZEEK:

Sounds like me kinda, except the girlfriend and job part
They call me “Tanker Chungus”!

Va'al wrote:I keep track of everyone. Backwards.
There are atandarfs to maintain.

LOST Cybertronian wrote:Hey, If Mindmaster survived then you should do just fine.
Mindmaster
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 251
Watch Mindmaster on YouTube
Alt Mode: Cybertronian Jet
Intelligence: Infinity
Firepower: 6

Postby Duke of Luns » Sun May 30, 2010 8:33 pm

From the 00:38 mark:

Once a soldier, he has been forced to lead a desperate bid to prevent THE MEGATRON and his Decepticons from finding the legendary Dark Energon power source.

The Megatron? THE MEGATRON? I can't believe he said that....
Duke of Luns
Gestalt
News Credits: 1

Postby NassaDane » Sun May 30, 2010 8:48 pm

Motto: ""I didn't join because of ROTF, i hated that movie, my love is for Transformers of old""
Oh yeah and Mega Spoilers if i ever decide to play this. The whole Dark Energon thing! No Spoiler warnings either.
NassaDane
Micromaster

Postby Fires_Of_Inferno » Sun May 30, 2010 9:38 pm

Motto: "I wish I could hate you to death."
Weapon: Venom Blaster
I kinda don't like the idea of the levels being seperated into flying levels and ground levels. However, that does not take away from the game enough for me to not say that it will be epic to BURN all you Autobots to cinders and scrap. :CON:

Duke of Luns wrote:From the 00:38 mark:

Once a soldier, he has been forced to lead a desperate bid to prevent THE MEGATRON and his Decepticons from finding the legendary Dark Energon power source.

No, no. Not "The Megatron", *THE* Megatron!

NassaDane wrote:Oh yeah and Mega Spoilers if i ever decide to play this. The whole Dark Energon thing! No Spoiler warnings either.

I'm pretty sure that the point of the plot comes up pretty quick in the game anyway. Besides, it was in a previous trailer/interview.
TheLocalBard! My Twitter account: https://twitter.com/TheLocalBard

Groovy
Fires_Of_Inferno
City Commander
News Credits: 18
Alt Mode: Transmetal Insect and Helicopter
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 3
Endurance: 9
Courage: 7
Firepower: 3
Skill: 7

Postby Shadowman » Sun May 30, 2010 10:06 pm

Motto: "May God have mercy on my enemies, because I sure as hell won't."
Duke of Luns wrote:From the 00:38 mark:

I caught that. You could argue that he meant "The one and only Megatron" but the way he said it sounded more like "The Fallen" like his name is supposed to start that way.

The poor fact-checking aside, this looks like a slice of fried gold. A better way to watch this video is without sound.

NassaDane wrote:Oh yeah and Mega Spoilers if i ever decide to play this. The whole Dark Energon thing! No Spoiler warnings either.

That's not a spoiler, that's the plot.
Sidekick= Saiya_Maximal
Steam Nickname: Big Chief Devil Hawk Fireball
Shadowman's awesome site for cool people.
Shadowman's awesome comic for cool people.
"Falling is really just flying downward and out of control."
Wigglez wrote:Just remember. The sword is an extension of your arm. Use it as if you're going to karate chop someone with your really long sharp ass hand.
Shadowman
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 2

Postby NassaDane » Sun May 30, 2010 10:37 pm

If I didn't know it, its a Spoiler. The main guy in psycho is his mother, thats not a spoiler its the plot.
NassaDane
Micromaster

Postby steve2275 » Mon May 31, 2010 2:44 am

Motto: "it may not get better
but it wont get any worse"
Mindmaster wrote:
2. I will get this Game

Sounds like me kinda, except the girlfriend and job part

you only need 1 of those
and it's not the girl
i come and go more than a hmw programmer
or a karma chameleon
BEAT L.A.
im content
WWWYKI!!!
steve2275
City Commander
Watch steve2275 on YouTube
Strength: 2
Intelligence: 2
Speed: 2
Endurance: 2
Courage: 2
Firepower: 1
Skill: 2

Postby Mykltron » Mon May 31, 2010 3:17 am

Motto: "If I win again I'm still the champion. If you win HAH! that's just impossible.

Weapon: tea cup."
What platforms is this available on? I don't have any, only computers.

Why not take a look at My TF Repaints? Updated 23rd January 2015
Mykltron
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 9

Postby Blurrz » Mon May 31, 2010 3:39 am

Motto: "scream drive faster"
Weapon: Electro-Laser Cannon
Mykltron wrote:What platforms is this available on? I don't have any, only computers.

It's available on all the current platforms, and PC too.
Blurrz
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 1452
Strength: 7
Speed: 10
Endurance: 6
Skill: 5

Postby craggy » Mon May 31, 2010 3:45 am

7 things I already knew about War for Cybertron?

Oh well, nice to see some more of the game. Not long now!
assembling a Neo-G1/TF:TM cast. Please PM if you have (or know of) the following at a reasonable price: Classics or Henkei Astrotrain, Sunstreaker, Sideswipe, or 3rd Party iGear Ratchet and Ironhide.
Also looking for Universe Repugnus and Overbite, Frostbite and Longhorn and any Webdiver toys.
craggy
Faction Commander
News Credits: 4

Postby Diem » Mon May 31, 2010 3:57 am

Diem wrote: The video contains some storyline elements so be careful if you want to avoid spoilers.

Ahem.
Diem
City Commander
News Credits: 217

Postby DTR69 » Mon May 31, 2010 6:26 am

Mindmaster wrote:Now I'm REALLY wishing for an XBox after I saw this. :sad:

I haven't invested yet, so can you tell me why, is it becuase the xBox has better online capabilities ie; being able to comunicate with others?
DTR69
Fuzor

Postby OmegaPrime98 » Mon May 31, 2010 6:47 am

Motto: "FIGHT TILL THE DEATH!!!"
Weapon: Double-Barreled Plasma Shell Shotgun
2. I will get this Game

XD dude i TOTALLY agree with you......except the girlfriend and job part -_- anyway THIS LOOKS LIKE THE BEST GAME IN THE HISTORY OF GAMES!!! but if theres any halo geeks out there reading this halo also kicks skid plate and W00T!!! HEADSHOT!!! >:D
Image XBL GT: Captslayer21
OmegaPrime98
Minibot
Speed: 7
Endurance: 9
Courage: Infinity

Postby Cyberstrike » Mon May 31, 2010 9:55 am

Motto: "I don't lose, I CONQUER!"
Weapon: Electro-Sword
DTR69 wrote:
Mindmaster wrote:Now I'm REALLY wishing for an XBox after I saw this. :sad:

I haven't invested yet, so can you tell me why, is it becuase the xBox has better online capabilities ie; being able to comunicate with others?

The Xbox 360 has Xbox Live (or XBL) which allows gamers to communicate with other gamers with both a keypad, headset(both wired you plug it into the controller and wireless), and a video camera, you can also chat on Twitter and Facebook. You can also watch exclusive videos, download games, DLC, videos, music, movies, news, (it's clips from NBC and MSNBC shows only). You can buy classic and new games from the Xbox Marketplace with Microsoft points which you get buying "cards" at any major store for $20 for 1600 Points or $50 for 4000 Points or through XBL (it will cost you more than the cards though).

The PS3 has the PlayStation Network (or PSN) which allows gamers to communicate with a keypad that plugs into controller and a video camera (I don't know if there are headsets I haven't seen them) you can chat via Facebook. You do gain full internet access with a PS3 so you're not limited to the PSN, you can post a message here on PSN you CAN'T do that on XBL. You also get a Blu-Ray player as well.
You can also download videos, games, DLC, and buy PS1 games from it as well, from the PlayStation store for American currency (at least here in the USA in other countries I don't know) which you can get buying cards for $20 or $50.

I just got a PS3 about 2 months ago and have Xbox 360 for over 2 years and been on XBL for about 18 months so maybe I haven't figured out the PS3 and PSN yet.
But IMHO XBL is better organized than the PSN (and maybe it's just me but XBL downloads stuff faster than PSN) while the PSN has the added advantage of an internet browser (wonder why Microsoft hasn't thought of that) it feels a a bit weird for me to navigate through sites on my TV and with the PS3 controller though. I can't say that the PSN is awful but it feels like it's still in beta and needs to redesigned to be more user-friendly.

Finally thoughts: I would go with the Xbox 360 and XBL.
Cyberstrike
Headmaster
Watch Cyberstrike on YouTube
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 9
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Courage: 10+
Skill: 5

Postby Shadowman » Mon May 31, 2010 12:20 pm

Motto: "May God have mercy on my enemies, because I sure as hell won't."
NassaDane wrote:If I didn't know it, its a Spoiler. The main guy in psycho is his mother, thats not a spoiler its the plot.

So, if you're ignorant to it, that makes it a spoiler? It's not their fault you haven't been following news.

And that's a terrible example. "Luke has to train to fight Darth Vader" is the plot of Empire Strikes Back, "Darth Vader is Luke's father" is a spoiler. "Autobots and Decepticons are searching for the All Spark" is the plot to the 07 movie, "Sam uses the All Spark to kill Megatron" is a spoiler. You see what I mean? The basic plot of something isn't a spoiler. Who lives, who ides, how they die, is a spoiler.

"Megatron attempts to weaponize Energon through the use of Dark Energon in a bid to win the war" is the main plot of War for Cybertron. It's not a spoiler, you just haven't been paying attention.
Sidekick= Saiya_Maximal
Steam Nickname: Big Chief Devil Hawk Fireball
Shadowman's awesome site for cool people.
Shadowman's awesome comic for cool people.
"Falling is really just flying downward and out of control."
Wigglez wrote:Just remember. The sword is an extension of your arm. Use it as if you're going to karate chop someone with your really long sharp ass hand.
Shadowman
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 2

Postby Ungie » Mon May 31, 2010 3:49 pm

Motto: "Hoo-hah! Cherry Soda!"
Weapon: Quasar Cannon
Ok... ok. here needs to be a spoiler warning. At 1:06 or so it shows THE MEGATRON smashing Optimus's head in his fist. What?!
Ungie
Fuzor
Watch Ungie on YouTube
Buy from Ungie on eBay
Strength: 5
Intelligence: ???
Speed: 4
Skill: 8

Postby esclavo » Mon May 31, 2010 4:46 pm

Weapon: 20 Megavolt Stun Rifle
Excuse while I go change my trousers! :oops:
esclavo
Minibot
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 6
Endurance: 10
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 10+

Postby NassaDane » Mon May 31, 2010 5:28 pm

ah, i did miss that spoiler warming in the info for the video, i read it i guess just not closely enough. That was my bad.

And yeah that still is a spoiler. Luke fighting the dark side is still a spoiler if you don't know much about the series at all (but thats a bad example cause its very very hard to even find someone who doesn't know even a little on Star Wars, even people who hate it will know stuff like that) But if you had never heard about this game you wouldn't know about the Dark Energon. You can't argue about soilers, if it spoils something it is a spoiler, you can't change that.
NassaDane
Micromaster

Next

Return to Video Games and Mobile Apps Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS #3 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2021 FEB210484 3RI (CA) Perez"
TRANSFORMERS BEAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS #5 Cvr A IDW Comics 2021 APR210675 5A (A/CA) Burcham"
TRANSFORMERS BEAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS GALAXIES #3 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2019 3RI 210213A (CA) Hernandez"
TRANSFORMERS GALAX ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "HUMAN TORCH Transformers Marvel Crossovers complete Hasbro 2008 230830A"
HUMAN TORCH Transf ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS #7 Cvr B IDW Comics 2021 JUN210501 7B (CA) Pirrie"
TRANSFORMERS BEAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers ARMADA #1 Dreamwave Comics DW 2002 (W) Sarracini (A/CA) Raiz"
Transformers ARMAD ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #1 Cvr H 1:100 foil Image Comics 2023 0823IM293 1H Bertram 231207B"
TRANSFORMERS #1 Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers WINDBLADE #6 sub Vol 2 IDW Comics 2015 (CA) Coller 210819A"
Transformers WINDB ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #1 2nd ptg Cvr D Image Comics 2023 0923IM827 (CA) LaRosa"
TRANSFORMERS #1 2n ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #19 Marvel Comics 1986 (CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 231010S"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS #12 Cvr B IDW Comics 2022 NOV210459 12B (CA) Murphy"
TRANSFORMERS BEAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS #14 Cvr B IDW Comics 2022 JAN220491 14B (CA) Chi"
TRANSFORMERS BEAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers VALENTINE'S DAY SPECIAL RI 1:10 IDW Comics DEC190657 230124A"
Transformers VALEN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers MOVIE PREQUEL #1 Cvr A B&W IDW Comics 2007 1A (CA) Figeruoa 230323A"
Transformers MOVIE ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #346 - Gas Station Jamboree
Twincast / Podcast #346:
"Gas Station Jamboree"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, March 23rd, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Voyager Class Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Toys Megatron Cyberverse Ultimate Class Action Figure - Repeatable Fusion Mega Shot Action Attack Move - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 11.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Swoop" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Slug" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Snarl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Outback" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Hasbro Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Deluxe Cogman" on AMAZON
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe protectobot Groove" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations 30th Anniversary Voyager Class Autobot Whirl Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Leader Dragonstorm Combiner" on AMAZON