This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

2 Movie Sequels in the pipeline - An article from Digital Spy

Discuss anything and everything related to the Transformers Live Action Films franchise, which are directed by Michael Bay. Join us to discuss the movies and stuff up to date with news for the 2017 release of Transformers 5. Check out our Live Action Film section here.

2 Movie Sequels in the pipeline - An article from Digital Spy

Postby Ravage XK » Fri Jun 01, 2007 10:08 am

Motto: "Are those my feet?"
Weapon: 20 Megavolt Stun Rifle
Studio bosses have given early approval for two sequels to the Transformers remake due out in July.

Full article here: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/a584 ... eline.html

TF COUNT: Lost count!
Latest Additions: Haslab Unicron, Siege Jetifre, SS Blitzwing
Ravage XK
Gestalt
News Credits: 15
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 4
Speed: 9
Endurance: 7
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 10+

Postby primalVICTORY » Fri Jun 01, 2007 2:22 pm

niiice, cant wait for those to get started
primalVICTORY
Headmaster

Postby Salazaar » Fri Jun 01, 2007 2:55 pm

I hope Nemesis Prime shows up in the sequels. Just a thought.
Salazaar

Postby primalVICTORY » Fri Jun 01, 2007 2:59 pm

that'd be cool, but i have a feeling that wont happen, i dont know why, but i just got a feeling. galvatron may be in one..
primalVICTORY
Headmaster

Postby Shadowman » Fri Jun 01, 2007 4:10 pm

Motto: "May God have mercy on my enemies, because I sure as hell won't."
primalVICTORY wrote:that'd be cool, but i have a feeling that wont happen, i dont know why, but i just got a feeling. galvatron may be in one..

I'm going to post this again, in my Patented Spoiler Box:

SPOILERZ wrote:I haven't read the script, but I'm fairly certain that Megatron dies. If that is the case, a good villain for the sequel would be Galvatron. Rather than just a palette swap of Megatron, or even the same being, it could be Megs' old protegé from Cybertron.

Exceptionall pissed that his friend, mentor, and father-figure is now gone, he is enraged at the Autobots (Especially whoever kills Megs, I think it's Sam) and, not suprisingly, Starscream. Have him Transform into a Cybertronian Weapons Platform, and, in reference to TF:TM, blast Screamer to High Hell.

I also had one about Acree being a love interest to Bumblebee, but that wasn't as good.

Bay, Kurtzman, Orci, I know you're reading this.
Sidekick= Saiya_Maximal
Steam Nickname: Big Chief Devil Hawk Fireball
Shadowman's awesome site for cool people.
Shadowman's awesome comic for cool people.
"Falling is really just flying downward and out of control."
Wigglez wrote:Just remember. The sword is an extension of your arm. Use it as if you're going to karate chop someone with your really long sharp ass hand.
Shadowman
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 2

Postby primalVICTORY » Fri Jun 01, 2007 4:41 pm

Shadowman wrote:
primalVICTORY wrote:that'd be cool, but i have a feeling that wont happen, i dont know why, but i just got a feeling. galvatron may be in one..

SPOILERZ wrote:I haven't read the script, but I'm fairly certain that Megatron dies. If that is the case, a good villain for the sequel would be Galvatron. Rather than just a palette swap of Megatron, or even the same being, it could be Megs' old protegé from Cybertron.

Exceptionall pissed that his friend, mentor, and father-figure is now gone, he is enraged at the Autobots (Especially whoever kills Megs, I think it's Sam) and, not suprisingly, Starscream. Have him Transform into a Cybertronian Weapons Platform, and, in reference to TF:TM, blast Screamer to High Hell.

I also had one about Acree being a love interest to Bumblebee, but that wasn't as good.

yee, ive read that before. i actually kinda liked the arcee idea, but it would seem kinda wierd, and the fact that it'd be hard to disguise the motorcycle having no driver.
primalVICTORY
Headmaster

Postby Bottom Out » Fri Jun 01, 2007 5:37 pm

any villian besides the same megatron from this movie would suck
Bottom Out
Vehicon
News Credits: 1

Postby Shadowman » Fri Jun 01, 2007 9:53 pm

primalVICTORY wrote:
Shadowman wrote:

yee, ive read that before. i actually kinda liked the arcee idea, but it would seem kinda wierd, and the fact that it'd be hard to disguise the motorcycle having no driver.

She would've been better as a "Girl Car," like a PT Cruiser or something. If they didn't make her a motorcycle, they probably could've used her.

She could be Mikaela's "Buddy' Transformer, like Bumblebee is to Sam. It would make so much sense!
Sidekick= Saiya_Maximal
Wigglez wrote:Just remember. The sword is an extension of your arm. Use it as if you're going to karate chop someone with your really long sharp ass hand.
Shadowman
God Of Transformers

Postby Hotrod » Fri Jun 01, 2007 10:26 pm

Front paged and credited.
Hotrod
City Commander
News Credits: 2024

Postby Roboto750 » Sat Jun 02, 2007 12:07 am

Motto: "Winners are losers who got up and gave it one more try."
Weapon: Electro Scrambler Gun
Glad to hear about the sequels! I do believe that Peter Cullen is already under contract for 3 films.
Roboto750
Headmaster
Buy from Roboto750 on eBay
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 10
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 10

Postby bobpiecheese » Sat Jun 02, 2007 12:10 am

Oh, not that old Galvatron crack. That old bad twist is in every series sace for Beast Wars/Machines. Keep it away from the movie.

Characters I would like to see in either of the sequels:

-Wheeljack
-Grimmy
-Soundwave (already a potential)
-Shockwave (same there)
-Brawl's fellow Combaticons! At least that'll give the fanboys a better Swindle.
bobpiecheese
Micromaster

Postby cellshock » Sat Jun 02, 2007 12:42 am

I seriously doubt they hired Weaving instead of Welker to voice a main character with only 10-15 minutes of footage before killing him off entirely. It may appear that Megs is dead at the end of this movie, but there's no way he will be. He's probably physically destroyed, which of course will make sense for him to take an Earth mode in Part 2.

In fact, I anticipate ALL the characters that aren't killed off in this movie getting revisions & tweaks for each of the sequals. If they didn't, it would be awefully hard to sell toys that everyone already has from this movie.

As for new characters, I bet it will be a small handful of recognizable names mixed with entirely new ones. And considering the direction they took with this movie in terms of character selection & design, I think people who somehow still believe they're going to introduce new leaders like Galvatron, Ultra Magnus and/or Rodimus Prime are seriously deluded or being intentionally clueless for the sake of fandom. These guys aren't following G1 at all - I don't know how much more obvious it needs to be. And things like a Nemesis Prime or Dinobots, etc.? You have got to be kidding.
cellshock
Minibot

Postby Saya » Sat Jun 02, 2007 1:16 am

Why can't Arcee have a holographic driver too?
Saya

Postby SoooTrypticon » Sat Jun 02, 2007 1:17 am

Motto: "If it can't transform into a dinosaur, burn it with lasers."
Weapon: Laser Cannon
But I don't want any more of these "movies." I don't even want this one. What happened to all the people not wanting this film? Or realizing how under (and somehow over) designed the characters are? Did we forget about the football routine that defeats Megatron? What about Bumble-pee? What about "A story about a boy and his car?"

I like Transformers. This is not Transformers. This isn't even Go-bots.

This is Rocklords.

Can't we talk about how cool Music Label Soundwave is? He's pretty darn cool.
I'm not angry... I just hate most things.
SoooTrypticon
Fuzor
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 8
Endurance: 10
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 8

Postby dabattousai » Sat Jun 02, 2007 2:30 am

If they do two sequals, there better not be any Prime killing. If they do kill Prime, it better be like Jack Sparrow and just have him die, but be brought back.

Sequal will also have to have Unicron. Seriously, how sweet will it be to see Unicron just hovering close by to Earth. It would be pretty sweet.
dabattousai
Combiner

Postby Rodimus2006 » Sat Jun 02, 2007 2:31 am

Motto: "We Live for the One, We Die for the One, But we dont Die Stupidly."
Weapon: Twin Swords
I got some ideas for sequels how about throwing in Alpha Q and Rodimus from Energon and doing that Unicron deal put some more humans from the cartoons in in like Micschea, Kicker, Alexis, Rad, Carlos, Bud, Coby and Lori in it. Or how about a thing on the mini-cons or the start of construction on Autobot City but do it like Star Wars Episode III style. Also throw in Metroplex and Trypticon the Sweeps have Megatron get upgraded to Galvatron and do the Combining thing like in Energon. What bugged me most about the cartoon series is why is it none of the Decipticons cant combine or is that they dont choose to or need to.

Omega Supreme
Scourge
Ravage
Hot Shot
Red Alert
Hound
Cliffjumper
Gears
Hoist
Grappler
Jetfire
Skyfire
Ultramagnus
Buzzsaw
Ratbat
Rumble
Shockblast
Elita-1
Thundercracker
Arcee
Hot Rod
Rodimus
Devestator
The Dinobots
The Aerieal Bots
The Technobots
Computron
Ramjet
Dirge
Thrust
Blitzwing
Astrotrain
Shockwave
Reflector
Soundwave
Blaster
Sideswipe
Sunstreaker
Mirage
Trailbreaker
Wheeljack
Cosmos
Rodimus2006
Headmaster
News Credits: 5
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Courage: 6
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 8

Postby City Commander » Sat Jun 02, 2007 3:09 am

Weapon: Air Rifle
meh

Let's just watch this one first, okay ;)
Electron wrote:sledge your comments are like a fat chick raping a hot dog, its unpleasent to watch but in the end its gonna happen

Mr O wrote:I'm part Irish, part Scottish, very Welsh, mostly drunk, somewhat Transformers nerd and all bastard.
City Commander
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 6
Buy from City Commander on eBay
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 7
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby Nemesis Cyberplex » Sat Jun 02, 2007 4:12 am

I hope they put in some Dinobots.....& to be perfectly honest, I think I might have figured out a believable way they could handle creating them.....if they can make a transformer out of anything just by giving some electronic or mechanical object a "spark".... give some to some anamatronic Dinosaurs. Don't know if people would think it's silly or not, but my guess is if they went from there & just had them being somewhat terrifying & then start playing enforcer beating the sh*t out of the decepticons, nobody will think it to be too cornball.
Nemesis Cyberplex
Headmaster

Postby Ericus Prime » Sat Jun 02, 2007 5:00 am

I think we should see the first movie before making any speculation on what the sequels should be like.
Ericus Prime
Fuzor

Postby OptimusShr » Sat Jun 02, 2007 9:16 am

While it has been approved, the sequels will depend on how well this one does.
OptimusShr
Fuzor

Postby Shadowman » Sat Jun 02, 2007 9:27 am

SoooTrypticon wrote:What happened to all the people not wanting this film? Or realizing how under (and somehow over) designed the characters are?

People got over it.

SoooTrypticon wrote:Did we forget about the football routine that defeats Megatron? What about Bumble-pee? What about "A story about a boy and his car?"

Spoilers from the Script wrote:Football doesn't defeat Megatron. It gets him out of the way. Megatron is defeated by having a lethal beam shot at his spark, by Sam, from the Allspark.

SoooTrypticon wrote:I like Transformers. This is not Transformers. This isn't even Go-bots.

This is Rocklords.

Well, let's look at the title...

It says "Transformers," but how do we know it's legit?

Oh, 'cause it's liscenced by Hasbro.

SoooTrypticon wrote:Can't we talk about how cool Music Label Soundwave is? He's pretty darn cool.

Sure, just not in the movie forum.
Sidekick= Saiya_Maximal
Shadowman
God Of Transformers

Postby Retardicon » Sat Jun 02, 2007 11:05 am

I hate and love when old-schoolers have (not want) to shut up this new breed that worked its way into the mix.

I absolutely abhor (look it up, kids) people that use material objects to imply there narrow minded views on others...

funny punch line edited to not offend the people that were raised on RID.
Last edited by Retardicon on Sat Jun 02, 2007 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Retardicon
Minibot

Postby Raymon » Sat Jun 02, 2007 11:07 am

The Transformers Trilogy;

BB to Megs: 'Optimus told me you murdered my father (alphatrion)'
Megs to BB: 'No....I am your father'

there's your emotional storyline.... :gasp:
Raymon
Mini-Con
News Credits: 23

Postby Liege Evilmus » Sat Jun 02, 2007 12:31 pm

Who want to bet that 3 will go straight to DVD.

My Collection, updated 4/21(sorta)... viewtopic.php?f=4&t=35550&p=627727#p627727
Liege Evilmus
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 8

Postby Nemesis Cyberplex » Sat Jun 02, 2007 2:45 pm

Liege Evilmus wrote:Who want to bet that 3 will go straight to DVD.
Hey you can't forget the Sci-Fi channel TV Series.....you know that one will probably happen if the other 2 movies flop.

....just like Robocop.....
Nemesis Cyberplex
Headmaster

Next

Return to Transformers Live Action Film Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SHE-HULK #8 var Marvel Comics 2022 SEP221038 (CA) Dowling (W) Rowell (A)Miyazawa"
SHE-HULK #8 var Ma ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ACTION COMICS #1056 Cvr H 1:50 foil Superman DC Comics 0423DC055 1056H (CA)Beach"
ACTION COMICS #105 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "HULK #9 var Predator Marvel Comics 2022 AUG220930 (CA) Keown (A) Ottley (W)Cates"
HULK #9 var Predat ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ACTION COMICS #1055 Cvr A Superman DC Comics 2023 0323DC079 1055A (CA) Fiumara"
ACTION COMICS #105 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATMAN #136 Cvr A DC Comics 2023 0423DC001 136A (W) Zdarsky (CA) Jimenez"
BATMAN #136 Cvr A ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Immortal Hulk THRESHING PLACE #1 Marvel Comics 2020 210621A (A/CA) Del Mundo"
Immortal Hulk THRE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MARVEL ACTION SPIDER-MAN #2 RI variant IDW Comics 2020 DEC190699 (CA) Greene"
MARVEL ACTION SPID ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SUPERMAN #5 Cvr F 1:50 DC Comics 2023 0423DC047 5F (W) Williamson (CA) Cassaday"
SUPERMAN #5 Cvr F ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Batman BRAVE AND BOLD #3 Cvr A DC Comics 2023 0523DC173 3A (CA) Di Meo"
Batman BRAVE AND B ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATMAN 12 CENT ADVENTURE #1 DC Comics 2004 (CA) Pearson (W) Grayson 230915A"
BATMAN 12 CENT ADV ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATMAN #428 Robin Lives 2nd ptg Cvr A DC Comics 2024 1023DC997 (CA) Mignola"
BATMAN #428 Robin ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #25 var 1:100 Marvel Comics 2023 MAR230725 (CA) Romita Jr"
AMAZING SPIDER-MAN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Spider-Man 2099 EXODUS ALPHA #1 Marvel Comics 2022 MAR220897 (CA) Yu (W) Orlando"
Spider-Man 2099 EX ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #92 Marvel Comics 2022 JAN220885 (CA) Adams (W) MacKay"
AMAZING SPIDER-MAN ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Tailgate" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Slug" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Optimal Optimus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of the Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Novastar" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Cutthroat" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Megatron and Doomshot" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Deluxe Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 01 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Sunstreaker Figure" on AMAZON