This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

WFC Multiplayer Demo confirmed before release!

This is the forum to discuss all of those video games you love playing or that are coming out. From Transformers video games to Fighting games to Sports games ... whatever makes you a happy Seibertronian. Just keep it the topics and conversations game and console related.

Postby craggy » Sun Jun 06, 2010 8:03 am

http://www.thebitbag.com/2010/06/05/tra ... new-level/

it's really late in (around the 22-23 minute mark), but the video has a lot of footage from the game also, without there being anything too spoilery.
assembling a Neo-G1/TF:TM cast. Please PM if you have (or know of) the following at a reasonable price: Classics or Henkei Astrotrain, Sunstreaker, Sideswipe, or 3rd Party iGear Ratchet and Ironhide.
Also looking for Universe Repugnus and Overbite, Frostbite and Longhorn and any Webdiver toys.
craggy
Faction Commander
News Credits: 4

Re: WFC Multiplayer Demo confirmed before release!

Postby Varia31 » Sun Jun 06, 2010 7:38 pm

Motto: "So long as a noble warrior lives, he must never give up the fight until his final breath."
Weapon: Energo-Sword
Great! Sounds like it'll be great! :D I'll definitely download that demo the minute I see it released!
Varia31
Vehicon
News Credits: 3
Watch Varia31 on YouTube
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 9
Skill: 9

Postby SlyTF1 » Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:13 am

Motto: "If my first sacrifice wasn't enough, maybe you would prefer to pay with your funky blood."
Weapon: Sword
Is it true that its exclusive to the 360? If so, thats bullshit! I got a PS f*kn 3 over the 360 for a reason, and if this is true, us TF fans who got a PS3 over the 360 are being punished for buying a more expensive system. I bet the 360 would barely even handle the awesomeness of the PS3 version of WFC. Because the PS3 has more memory!
I Am.
SlyTF1
Faction Commander
News Credits: 37
Watch SlyTF1 on YouTube
Alt Mode: The entire universe
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 10+

Postby Dead Metal » Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:17 am

Motto: "Don't do drugs, beer's cheaper anyway!"
SlyTF1 wrote:Is it true that its exclusive to the 360? If so, thats bullshit! I got a PS f*kn 3 over the 360 for a reason, and if this is true, us TF fans who got a PS3 over the 360 are being punished for buying a more expensive system. I bet the 360 would barely even handle the awesomeness of the PS3 version of WFC. Because the PS3 has more memory!

Don't worry the game is also available on PS3.

Jeep! wrote:Why do I imagine Dead Metal sounding exactly like Arnie?
Intah-wib-buls?

Blurrz wrote:10/10

Leave it to Dead Metal to have the word 'Pronz' in his signature.
Dead Metal
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 767

Postby SlyTF1 » Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:29 am

Motto: "If my first sacrifice wasn't enough, maybe you would prefer to pay with your funky blood."
Dead Metal wrote:
SlyTF1 wrote:Is it true that its exclusive to the 360? If so, thats bullshit! I got a PS f*kn 3 over the 360 for a reason, and if this is true, us TF fans who got a PS3 over the 360 are being punished for buying a more expensive system. I bet the 360 would barely even handle the awesomeness of the PS3 version of WFC. Because the PS3 has more memory!

I mean the demo.
I Am.
SlyTF1
Faction Commander
Watch SlyTF1 on YouTube

Postby Dead Metal » Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:39 am

Seibertron.com member craggy has come across a very interesting video concerning Transformers War For Cybertron (WFC for short).
The Bitbag has done an interview with The makers of WFC, the video contains a lot of game footage and information, one piece of information is that Highmoon will release a demo of the games Multiplayer exclusively for the XBox 360 before it hits stores.

You can watch the video by clicking here but be wary of spoilers.

Stay tuned to seibertron.com for all your Transformers related news!

Intah-wib-buls?

Dead Metal
God Of Transformers

Postby Dead Metal » Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:42 am

SlyTF1 wrote:
Dead Metal wrote:

I mean the demo.

Screw the demo, just wait a couple of days and you'll get the full game, plus to use that demo the 360 players need to have gold membership which costs them extra money just to use it.
You're not missing out on anything.

Intah-wib-buls?

Dead Metal
God Of Transformers

Postby Shadowstream » Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:26 am

Weapon: No Weapon
Foregoing the console debate, I still think the exclusive nature of said demo to be pretty unfair. I'm not sold on the game yet, and the local rental dealer here is pretty asinine in regards to which systems they get in new releases for... ****ing Xbox elitists!!!
MightyMagnus78 wrote:Nothing Hasbro does surprises me anymore, their ineptitude is legendary!

Burn wrote:
Shadowstream wrote:It's quite clear they dun dropped the ball, but did they have to drop it so far and so hard?

It's FunPub. It's their specialty.

I'm a killjoy, and proud of it!
don't take that to mean I'm a killjoy just because I can be, though...
Shadowstream
Headmaster

Postby Ravenous Nightwind » Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:10 am

Motto: "By the cloak of darkness I will enter your very sacred of places seen but unnoticeable!"
Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
That would be so cool to play as a giant city transformer. O_O Not sure bout the whole demo thing though..I mean people can wait for that even though we're all pretty gitty about it lol.
We are so much more then mere machines, intelligent robots who think and feel. Yet, we have fell to greed and destruction by our own causes! From this moment I stand my own ground, on my own faction to achieve true unity! :CON:
Ravenous Nightwind
Fuzor
Watch Ravenous Nightwind on YouTube
Strength: 10+
Endurance: 6
Firepower: 10+

Postby SlyTF1 » Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:38 am

Dead Metal wrote:
SlyTF1 wrote:
Dead Metal wrote:

I mean the demo.

Screw the demo, just wait a couple of days and you'll get the full game, plus to use that demo the 360 players need to have gold membership which costs them extra money just to use it.

And do what while I wait a few days? Go on Youtube and watch that Developer Walkthrough all day, every day like I do now? :BANG_HEAD: Oh well, I thought up a project to save my boredom and anxiety in the last 10 days of the wait for WFC.
I Am.
SlyTF1
Faction Commander
Watch SlyTF1 on YouTube

Postby Dead Metal » Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:41 am

SlyTF1 wrote:
Dead Metal wrote:
SlyTF1 wrote:
Dead Metal wrote:

I mean the demo.

And do what while I wait a few days? Go on Youtube and watch that Developer Walkthrough all day, every day like I do now? :BANG_HEAD: Oh well, I thought up a project to save my boredom and anxiety in the last 10 days of the wait for WFC.

Do what i do, start a webcomic :P

Intah-wib-buls?

Dead Metal
God Of Transformers

Postby Shadowman » Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:21 am

Motto: "May God have mercy on my enemies, because I sure as hell won't."
SlyTF1 wrote:I bet the 360 would barely even handle the awesomeness of the PS3 version of WFC. Because the PS3 has more memory!

Not necessarily. Both systems have 512 MB of RAM (Or something close, a lot of technical jargon is involved) however, the PS3 splits that memory in half, 256 for the system, and 256 for video. I recall hearing that most game developers find it harder to develop for the PS3 because of it. Valve in particular (The people who are keeping the PC gaming market alive almost single-handed) despise the PS3, they've actually admitted the Mac is easier to work with.

Of course, you just said memory, not differences in CPU or GPU.
Sidekick= Saiya_Maximal
Steam Nickname: Big Chief Devil Hawk Fireball
Shadowman's awesome site for cool people.
Shadowman's awesome comic for cool people.
"Falling is really just flying downward and out of control."
Wigglez wrote:Just remember. The sword is an extension of your arm. Use it as if you're going to karate chop someone with your really long sharp ass hand.
Shadowman
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 2

Postby Doctor McGrath » Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:26 am

Motto: "This is quick but not quite painless.."
Weapon: Semi-Automatic Glue Gun
This is excellent news :) :APPLAUSE:
El Duque wrote:Quite a firestorm I started here :michaelbay:
Doctor McGrath
Gestalt
News Credits: 5
Buy from Doctor McGrath on eBay
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Courage: 7
Firepower: 7
Skill: 8

Postby craggy » Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:53 am

just read the rumours that the demo is xbox only. :( I mean, I have an xbox, but I've been on the other side of this for other things and it sucks. we'll just have to keep you ps3 gamers fully updated on the awesome.

and woo hoo, my first news contribution! :-B
assembling a Neo-G1/TF:TM cast. Please PM if you have (or know of) the following at a reasonable price: Classics or Henkei Astrotrain, Sunstreaker, Sideswipe, or 3rd Party iGear Ratchet and Ironhide.
Also looking for Universe Repugnus and Overbite, Frostbite and Longhorn and any Webdiver toys.
craggy
Faction Commander
News Credits: 4

Postby Megatron Wolf » Mon Jun 07, 2010 12:02 pm

Motto: "Cry havoc and let slip the Wolves of War, Vae Victus!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
And once again us sony owners get the shaft. Im getting really tired of this bullshit man. You know what fine, you want your demo you can have it, im not gonna go get my failbox back from my father, turn the piece of **** on and buy gold just to play a demo of a game i wont be able to get when it comes out anyway. Show how much they care about their fans doesnt it, already they're screwing over half of them and the game isnt even out yet. **** xbox and exclusive DLC & demos. Xbox needs to accept that they are no longer the best selling console out there and stop stealing crap from every one else to try and save there ass'.
Current TF count: 2042

Megatron Wolf
Faction Commander
News Credits: 8
Intelligence: 9
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10
Firepower: 7
Skill: 10

Postby Jenus » Mon Jun 07, 2010 12:09 pm

Motto: ""Advice is a privilege not a right.""
Weapon: Neptune Sword
Too bad I am a thousand miles away from my PS3. :-(

Opps! guess I should have read more than the title, nothing to worry about now though I still won't get to play it till after the 4th of July. :-(
Last edited by Jenus on Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Credit goes to Samsonator for this awesome sig"
Jenus
Vehicon
News Credits: 6
Buy from Jenus on eBay
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 5
Courage: 6
Firepower: 8
Skill: 8

Postby Shadowman » Mon Jun 07, 2010 12:25 pm

Motto: "May God have mercy on my enemies, because I sure as hell won't."
Megatron Wolf wrote:And once again us sony owners get the shaft. Im getting really tired of this bullshit man. You know what fine, you want your demo you can have it, im not gonna go get my failbox back from my father, turn the piece of **** on and buy gold just to play a demo of a game i wont be able to get when it comes out anyway. Show how much they care about their fans doesnt it, already they're screwing over half of them and the game isnt even out yet. **** xbox and exclusive DLC & demos. Xbox needs to accept that they are no longer the best selling console out there and stop stealing crap from every one else to try and save there ass'.

Dude, take a chill pill. Look at how upset you're getting over a demo to a video game. There's no reason to get this angry.

And the anger seems to be seriously effecting your reasoning abilities. Microsoft didn't "steal" anything. The decision to allow or disallow demos or DLC to appear on one console or another rests entirely in the hands of the developers.

If you're really getting this mad over a demo to a game that's coming out a few days later, you need to take a deep breath, and ask yourself "is it really worth it."
Sidekick= Saiya_Maximal
Steam Nickname: Big Chief Devil Hawk Fireball
Shadowman's awesome site for cool people.
Shadowman's awesome comic for cool people.
"Falling is really just flying downward and out of control."
Wigglez wrote:Just remember. The sword is an extension of your arm. Use it as if you're going to karate chop someone with your really long sharp ass hand.
Shadowman
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 2

Postby Varia31 » Mon Jun 07, 2010 1:55 pm

Motto: "So long as a noble warrior lives, he must never give up the fight until his final breath."
Weapon: Energo-Sword
Only for the XBox 360?! #-o

Oh well, not too big of a deal. The game comes out in less than twenty days anyway, and I can be patient. I've gotta wait 'till August to get Metroid: Other M since it was delayed don't I? This makes no difference, I'm getting the two most anticipated games on my "games to get" list, no doubt about it, and that's what matters. It'll be worth the wait, of this, I am sure. :)
Varia31
Vehicon
News Credits: 3
Watch Varia31 on YouTube
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 10
Firepower: 9

Postby Vicalliose » Mon Jun 07, 2010 2:19 pm

Motto: "Focus on one thing at a time? Are you crazy!? WHO DO YOU THINK I AM!!!"
Weapon: Semi-Automatic Sonic Boomer Gun
Shadowman wrote:
Megatron Wolf wrote:And once again us sony owners get the shaft. Im getting really tired of this bullshit man. You know what fine, you want your demo you can have it, im not gonna go get my failbox back from my father, turn the piece of **** on and buy gold just to play a demo of a game i wont be able to get when it comes out anyway. Show how much they care about their fans doesnt it, already they're screwing over half of them and the game isnt even out yet. **** xbox and exclusive DLC & demos. Xbox needs to accept that they are no longer the best selling console out there and stop stealing crap from every one else to try and save there ass'.

Dude, take a chill pill. Look at how upset you're getting over a demo to a video game. There's no reason to get this angry.

And the anger seems to be seriously effecting your reasoning abilities. Microsoft didn't "steal" anything. The decision to allow or disallow demos or DLC to appear on one console or another rests entirely in the hands of the developers.

If you're really getting this mad over a demo to a game that's coming out a few days later, you need to take a deep breath, and ask yourself "is it really worth it."

Well yes, it isn't anything that he should get that worked up about...

Although he's not necessarily wrong about the whole "stealing" "buying out" thing.
Microsoft has pulled BS like this before. I just hope this doesn't mean that any DLC will be cut from PS3 as well. :-?
"Government, even in it's best state, is but a necessary evil; in it's worst state, an intolerable one." -Thomas Paine
Vicalliose
Targetmaster
Watch Vicalliose on YouTube
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 4
Endurance: 3
Courage: 3
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 1

Postby cool8man » Mon Jun 07, 2010 2:40 pm

That interview was pure torture. :BANG_HEAD: Not even worth seeing that WFC footage to listen to that man attempt to speak. #-o

The PS3 does not have more memory than the Xbox 360. The 360 and the PS3 both have 512MB of memory. The 360's memory is unified while the PS3 is split into 2 blocks meaning it has more limitations since certain file sizes may not fit in one of the 256MB blocks. Also the PS3 operating system uses more more memory than the 360 so technically the Xbox 360 has more available memory than the PS3 at any given time.

Also most multiplatform games like Ghostbusters, Red Dead Redemption, GTA 4, etc. tend to look better on the Xbox 360. Third party PS3 games usually run at a lower resolution than Xbox 360 -- usually below HD resolutions on PS3. You can make better looking games for the PS3 if you target that system only and play to it's unique strengths alone, but with few exceptions the typical process of making multiplatform games results in better looking games on the Xbox 360.

As far as Xbox 360 getting an exclusive demo. There are more 360 owners in the U.S., and there are way more 360 owners who play online shooters. Also this suggests yet again that Xbox 360 was the primary development platform for High Moon, which makes sense due to the larger userbase and potential for sales on the Xbox 360 versus PS3. Not that the PS3 version is going to be crap at all, but don't be surprised if comparisons show that the 360 version is superior (ie. higher resolution, better texture quality, and lighting effects) once again.
cool8man
Mini-Con
Buy from cool8man on eBay

Postby SlyTF1 » Mon Jun 07, 2010 3:07 pm

Truth! Truth! Truth! Truth! :APPLAUSE: :APPLAUSE: :APPLAUSE: :APPLAUSE:
I Am.
SlyTF1
Faction Commander
Watch SlyTF1 on YouTube

Postby Raphael Prime » Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:51 pm

Weapon: Energy Shurikens
My bet, is this will be an Xbox Live Gold exclusive for a week or a few days, then it'll be available for Silver and PSN, like pretty much all demos end up being. That's what it sounds like to me going by that video, because i heard nothing about the demo being 'exclusive'. My guess, is by next Tuesday it'll be PSN and XBL Gold, and by friday or monday(the day before release) it'll be XBL Silver.
"And i can't be happier having a seasoned law enforcement official working the case for me. Just attack it. Like you're hungry. Like the wolf"
Raphael Prime
Targetmaster

Return to Video Games and Mobile Apps Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #3 Cvr R 1:25 Foil Dynamite Comics 2024 FEB240205 3R (CA) Shalvey"
NEW!
THUNDERCATS #3 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MASTERS UNIVERSE REVELATION #1 Cvr B Dark Horse Comics 2021 MAY210226 1B MOTU"
MASTERS UNIVERSE R ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Masters Universe FORGE DESTINY #3 Cvr B Dark Horse Comics JUL239634 3B (CA) Mhan"
Masters Universe F ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MASTERS UNIVERSE REVELATION #4 Cvr A Dark Horse Comics 2021 AUG210312 4A MOTU"
MASTERS UNIVERSE R ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #3 Cvr X 1:10 Foil Dynamite Comics 2024 JAN249140 3X (CA) Tao"
NEW!
THUNDERCATS #3 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #3 Cvr U 1:40 Virgin Dynamite Comics 2024 FEB240208 3U (CA) Tao"
NEW!
THUNDERCATS #3 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #2 Cvr Q 1:20 foil Dynamite Comics 2024 JAN240121 2Q Nakayama"
NEW!
THUNDERCATS #2 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr ZH FOC 1:10 VIRGIN Dynamite Comics DEC237144 1ZH (CA) Liefeld"
THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr E Dynamite Comics 2024 DEC230208 1E (CA) Tao (W) Shalvey"
THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #2 Cvr U 1:40 virgin Dynamite Comics 2024 JAN240125 2U (CA) Tao"
NEW!
THUNDERCATS #2 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #2 Cvr ZF FOC 1:15 virgin Dynamite Comics JAN247376 2ZF (CA) Liefeld"
NEW!
THUNDERCATS #2 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr F Dynamite Comics 2024 DEC230209 1F (CA) Action Figure"
THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Masters Universe FORGE DESTINY #4 Cvr A Dark Horse Comics OCT231205 4A (CA)Nunez"
Masters Universe F ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #3 Cvr M 1:15 line art Dynamite Comics 2024 FEB240200 3M (CA)Shalvey"
NEW!
THUNDERCATS #3 Cvr ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Power of the Primes Punch-Counterpunch and Prima Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Terrorcon Blot" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 09 Voyager Class Movie 2 Thundercracker" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Swoop" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Air Raid Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warriors Class Autobot Jazz Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe protectobot Groove" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Swindle" on AMAZON