This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Comparison of Transformers HFTD Voyager Optimus Prime & Movie 1 Voyager Optimus Prime

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Comparison of Transformers HFTD Voyager Optimus Prime & Movie 1 Voyager Optimus Prime

Postby Mach » Mon Jun 21, 2010 12:09 am

Motto: ""I am a Prime. I do not take orders from you!""
The Arker has posted a gallery to compare the differences between the upcoming Transformers Hunt For The Decepticons Voyager Class Optimus Prime & the first Voyager Class Movie Optimus Prime.
The Hunt For The Decepticons Voyager Class Optimus Prime is more screen accurate but it is slightly smaller than the first mold.

You can view the remaining images here: http://www.the-arker.com/news_show.asp?Info_id=4585
Mach
Gestalt
News Credits: 905
Strength: ???
Intelligence: ???
Speed: ???
Endurance: ???
Courage: ???
Firepower: ???
Skill: ???

Re: Comparison of Transformers HFTD Voyager Optimus Prime & Movie 1 Voyager Optimus Prime

Postby LiKwid » Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:04 am

Motto: "When In doubt..Invert polarities!!!!"
Weapon: V-Lock Rifle, V-Lock Cannon
Oh wow the HFTD version FTW..Like a mini leader prime..I actually wouldn'y mind the subsequent 20 repaints of that mold, it actually retains the awesomeness of it's leader counterpart..
Counterpunch wrote:FP sure does provide some F'd up head.

Sell me your Beast wars stuff!!!!
Transformers Earth wars-SiNxBruticus
LiKwid
Gestalt
News Credits: 8
Buy from LiKwid on eBay
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 5
Endurance: 10
Courage: 10
Firepower: 6
Skill: 10

Re: Comparison of Transformers HFTD Voyager Optimus Prime & Movie 1 Voyager Optimus Prime

Postby Warbreaker » Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:13 am

Motto: "Lines must be drawn. Limits must be defined."
Weapon: Air Concussion Cannon
Smaller than the first voyager mold?

I've never had any interest in this mold, and that little caveat means I'm definitely not getting this. I'll just stick to preordering the Takara 'Unite for the World' version.

IMO, barring the price, Buster Prime is the best-looking version of movie Prime.
Warbreaker
Fuzor
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 6
Endurance: 7
Courage: 8
Skill: 6

Postby Mykltron » Mon Jun 21, 2010 2:53 am

Motto: "If I win again I'm still the champion. If you win HAH! that's just impossible.

Weapon: tea cup."
Warbreaker wrote:Smaller than the first voyager mold?

I'm actually a bit disappointed because he's taller than I thought. I want a Prime that's in scale with voyager Megatron. The original towers above him.

Why not take a look at My TF Repaints? Updated 23rd January 2015
Mykltron
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 9

Postby Stockade » Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:07 am

Motto: ""Underwater, no one can hear Autobots scream!""
Weapon: Sunami Blaster
Not too bad, and at least this mold dont have that damn backpack attached to him...

Seacons: Hunt to live, Live to Hunt!
Stockade
Gestalt
News Credits: 2
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 8
Courage: 10
Firepower: 9
Skill: 7

Postby Pascal » Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:11 am

I posted a review and several pics with Movie 1 Voyager Prime last week on Cybertron.ca. I posted the link the original thread here for Battle Blades Prime but I guess no one noticed.

http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=23728
Pascal
Minibot
News Credits: 6

Postby GuyIncognito » Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:43 am

The new one is definitely more screen-accurate, and the reduction of the kibble on his back is a big improvement.

On the other hand, I actually like the original better. I like my OPs to have big chunky legs; I don't like the slim legs of the movie design.
GuyIncognito
Faction Commander
News Credits: 12
Buy from GuyIncognito on eBay

Postby Requiem Prime » Mon Jun 21, 2010 6:12 am

Motto: "You take care of your team and stay out of my way, so I can take care of mine."
Weapon: Hypersonic Concussion Blasters
More compact from using the format better,
more accurate appearance,
more possible,
better contained kibble.

So it's just like the movie-to-ROTF changes in leader Prime and Voyager Starscream.
Requiem Prime
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 2
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 10
Endurance: 6
Courage: 9
Firepower: 7

Postby SwindleBot462 » Mon Jun 21, 2010 6:43 am

Motto: ""Bite my glorious golden ass!""
Weapon: Shatterblasters
The paint apps are kinda sloppy on BB Prime. The headlights are the same color as the grill. Not a big complaint, I'm still gonna pick him up.
Seibertron's Resident Futurama Fan!
Recently Bought:
Gen. Thrust
WFC Bumblebee
Titanium Series Cliffjumper + Dead End
SwindleBot462
Micromaster
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 10
Endurance: 9
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 10+

Postby aps1977 » Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:25 am

The new mold addresses my #1 pet peeve which is "fake transformations" a.k.a. having secondary alt mode bits on the robot, in this case, the fake windshield on the original mold's chest.
aps1977
Mini-Con
News Credits: 1

Postby kirbenvost » Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:38 am

Motto: "Deal with it."
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
Pretty decent design, but the colors look really cheap. That's especially apparent, seeing them side by side.
------------------------------
Old collection pics
------------------------------
For Sale/Trade
kirbenvost
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 11
Buy from kirbenvost on eBay
Strength: 6
Speed: 10+
Firepower: 9

Postby SlyTF1 » Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:46 am

Motto: "If my first sacrifice wasn't enough, maybe you would prefer to pay with your funky blood."
Weapon: Sword
Mykltron wrote:

I'm actually a bit disappointed because he's taller than I thought. I want a Prime that's in scale with voyager Megatron. The original towers above him.

Mee too. Oh well, Ill just mis transform Megatron to make him look taller.
I Am.
SlyTF1
Faction Commander
News Credits: 37
Watch SlyTF1 on YouTube
Alt Mode: The entire universe
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 9
Firepower: Infinity

Postby JBPrime » Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:58 am

Motto: "I'll take you all on!"
Weapon: Seven-Year Sword
Don't mind that he's smaller, and glad the giant backpack is gone too, I'll buy it.
JBPrime
Fuzor
Strength: 7
Speed: 4
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 4

Postby Pascal » Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:36 am

kirbenvost wrote:Pretty decent design, but the colors look really cheap.

The Voyager is missing a few flames and some paint apps in robot mode. But the colors themselves don't look cheap in person, I can assure you. Looks a lot like the original ROTF Leader Prime.
Pascal
Minibot
News Credits: 6

Postby Warbreaker » Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:09 am

Motto: "Lines must be drawn. Limits must be defined."
Weapon: Air Concussion Cannon
Mykltron wrote:

They make him any smaller, and you might as well be paying for the air in the box as well :P

Anyways, if you ask me, an in-scale Prime to voyager Megs would be a rather large deluxe. Ah well, maybe for TF3?
Warbreaker
Fuzor
Intelligence: 6

Postby Doctor McGrath » Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:26 pm

Motto: "This is quick but not quite painless.."
Weapon: Semi-Automatic Glue Gun
I like the fact that there is no backpack now, I like the matrix...but i have to agree, the light gray plastic and the off color red just make this figure look cheap.
El Duque wrote:Quite a firestorm I started here :michaelbay:
Doctor McGrath
Gestalt
News Credits: 5
Buy from Doctor McGrath on eBay
Speed: 8
Courage: 7
Skill: 8

Postby astig » Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:38 pm

i like that the new prime is smaller. aside from being more movie accurate, this actually makes him in scale with the deluxe autobots and voyager decepticons blackout, SS and megs
"BUMBLEBEE, STOP LUBRICATING THE MAN!"

http://3niteam.deviantart.com/
astig
Minibot
News Credits: 1

Postby zenosaurus_x » Mon Jun 21, 2010 2:28 pm

Weapon: Electron-Scimitars
The new version looks infinitely better in my opinion, though the only reason I want him is for that Matrix...

Hey wait, wasn't the Matrix IN the Solar Harvester? Doesn't that mean Prime blew it up?
zenosaurus_x
Headmaster
Strength: 10+
Speed: 4
Endurance: 10+
Firepower: 10

Postby Doctor McGrath » Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:13 pm

Motto: "This is quick but not quite painless.."
Weapon: Semi-Automatic Glue Gun
zenosaurus_x wrote:The new version looks infinitely better in my opinion, though the only reason I want him is for that Matrix...

Hey wait, wasn't the Matrix IN the Solar Harvester? Doesn't that mean Prime blew it up?

Yeah, I believe you're right. But it doesn't really matter. The movie-verse matrix served a completely purpose than the one in G1. The fact that it fits in this voyager primes chest wasn't even portrayed in the movie.
El Duque wrote:Quite a firestorm I started here :michaelbay:
Doctor McGrath
Gestalt
News Credits: 5
Buy from Doctor McGrath on eBay
Speed: 8
Courage: 7

Postby Mykltron » Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:48 am

Motto: "If I win again I'm still the champion. If you win HAH! that's just impossible.

Weapon: tea cup."
Warbreaker wrote:
Mykltron wrote:

They make him any smaller, and you might as well be paying for the air in the box as well :P

Anyways, if you ask me, an in-scale Prime to voyager Megs would be a rather large deluxe.

For the first film, yes but Megatron is shorter in ROTF.

Why not take a look at My TF Repaints? Updated 23rd January 2015
Mykltron
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 9

Postby PROWLERZ » Tue Jun 22, 2010 7:08 am

i think i would rather wait 4 TF3 2 come out...and wait 4 TF3 movie toys...better 2 wait dan 2 pick dese up...8)
:CON:
PROWLERZ
Mini-Con

Postby Autobot Strider » Tue Jun 22, 2010 5:33 pm

Motto: "Fortune favors the bold!"
Weapon: Railgun
GuyIncognito wrote:The new one is definitely more screen-accurate, and the reduction of the kibble on his back is a big improvement.

On the other hand, I actually like the original better. I like my OPs to have big chunky legs; I don't like the slim legs of the movie design.

I agree on both points. Also, I like the size of the original Voyager Mold better... so the reduction is a big negative for me. I think that the BBOP's size in Robot mode is just fine, but beside the old VG mold, his alt-mode just looks too puny.

I don't even really mind the older versions back kibble, as it kinda reminds me of a Space Marine from Warhammer 40k. However, it's worth noting that in the above pictures, the back is mis-transformed, which makes it look much worse than necessary.

However, the new one does look A LOT more poseable... it's just too bad the paint job is lacking (as it is so often of late on TF toys). If this guy got a Takara sprucing up (like Buster Prime, with the chrome) then he would be a MUST BUY for me.
"I can't deal with my lack of a signature right now!"
Autobot Strider
Combiner
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 9
Firepower: 8

Postby tf_oracle » Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:52 pm

These is my Picture.
I add more picture now!
Show Matrix

I like this Voyager Optimus Prime.

Normal status

Open !!!
show Matrix.

Matrix can be removed .

Matrix!!!

legacy:
Old Version:Light our darkness hour,till all are one !!!

Kick

fist

shoot

I can fly

也可以这样
tf_oracle
Mini-Con

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MIGHTY MORPHIN POWER RANGERS #109 Cvr A Boom Studios Comics 2023 APR230358 109A"
MIGHTY MORPHIN POW ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MIGHTY MORPHIN POWER RANGERS #115 Cvr F 1:50 Boom Studios Comics OCT230079 115F"
MIGHTY MORPHIN POW ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MIGHTY MORPHIN POWER RANGERS #110 Cvr G unlockable Boom Studios Comics 2023 110G"
MIGHTY MORPHIN POW ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES #3 Cvr ZD 1:15 FOC Dynamite Comics DEC228480 3ZD (CA) Lee"
GARGOYLES #3 Cvr Z ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES #6 Cvr P LTD Dynamite Comics 2023 Disney MAR230508 6P (CA) Nakayama"
NEW!
GARGOYLES #6 Cvr P ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES #2 Cvr I 1:15 Dynamite Comics 2023 Disney NOV220591 2I (CA) Nakayama"
GARGOYLES #2 Cvr I ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES DARK AGES #3 Cvr J 1:20 Dynamite Comics JUL230287 3J (CA) Moss 231222R"
GARGOYLES DARK AGE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MMPR 30TH ANNV SPECIAL #1 Cvr I 1:30 Boom Studios Comics JUN230423 (CA) Montes"
MMPR 30TH ANNV SPE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES #9 Cvr J 1:15 Dynamite Comics 2023 Disney JUN230688 9J (CA) Kambadais"
GARGOYLES #9 Cvr J ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MMPR TMNT II #1 Cvr N 1:100 Boom Studios Comics OCT220282 1N (CA) Fancavilla"
MMPR TMNT II #1 Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES #8 Cvr F Dynamite Comics 2023 MAY230548 8F (CA) Fleecs + Forstner"
GARGOYLES #8 Cvr F ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES #3 Cvr U LTD Dynamite Comics 2023 Disney DEC220639 3U (CA) Conner"
NEW!
GARGOYLES #3 Cvr U ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES #9 Cvr C Dynamite Comics 2023 Disney JUN230681 9C (CA) Leirix"
GARGOYLES #9 Cvr C ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES #8 Cvr D Dynamite Comics 2023 Disney MAY230546 8D (CA) Leirix"
GARGOYLES #8 Cvr D ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Battleslash" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Unicronus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Cindersaur" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Sinnertwin" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Titan Class Predaking" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Brawn" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Legends Class Brawn" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class Decepticon Viper Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight -- Knight Armor Turbo Changer Grimlock" on AMAZON