This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Transformers: Exodus - First 4 Chapters at Hasbro.com

Discuss anything about the Transformers cartoons and comics! You can discuss anything from G1 to Cybertron as well as the comics from Marvel, Dreamwave, IDW and more!

Transformers: Exodus - First 4 Chapters at Hasbro.com

Postby Blurrz » Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:23 pm

Motto: "scream drive faster"
Weapon: Electro-Laser Cannon

Telling one of the most important stories in the TRANSFORMERS canon, this novel explores and expands upon the origins of the super villain MEGATRON, leader of the evil DECEPTICONS, and the rise of OPTIMUS PRIME to leadership of the heroic AUTOBOTS.

TRANSFORMERS: EXODUS written by Alex Irvine takes fans deep into the secret lore of the TRANSFORMERS universe, charting the creation of the DECEPTICONS and the AUTOBOTS—and chronicling the civil war that divided them. At the center of this thrilling history are OPTIMUS PRIME and MEGATRON, the ultimate hero and the ultimate villain, whose destinies are entwined with that of their home planet, CYBERTRON. Developed in close partnership with Hasbro, this is a canonical TRANSFORMERS tale that also relates to, and expands on, the story being told in the newly released video game, TRANSFORMERS: War for Cybertron, from Activision. Fans will not want to miss all of the details that can only be told in novel form, the moment OPTIMUS gains “PRIME” status, MEGATRON becomes his arch enemy and leader of the DECEPTICONS and their great civil war begins.

Read the first 4 chapters of the book here

Seibertron.com - The Ultimate Transformers Resource!
Blurrz
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 1452
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 10
Endurance: 6
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 5

Re: Transformers: Exodus - First 4 Chapters at Hasbro.com

Postby ChrisRiss » Wed Jun 23, 2010 2:39 pm

Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
I had this pre-ordered from borders a while ago. I was looking forward to going to pick it up yesterday when they said it hadn't come in yet. So, I see it this way, pre-ordering is supposed to guarantee me a copy, then why did they say on the release date that it was back ordered and they could not ship out my copy and that I would have to wait. Other than that little set back, I am still looking forward to this book.
ChrisRiss
Minibot
News Credits: 1
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 5
Endurance: 4
Courage: 7
Firepower: ???
Skill: 8

Postby Windsweeper » Wed Jun 23, 2010 5:03 pm

Just read those first 4 chapters. Have to admit to reallt enjoying them.
Windsweeper
Godmaster

Postby Abraxsis » Wed Jun 23, 2010 6:36 pm

Sweet, just ordered this for $12.99 shipped. Can't wait to read it.
Abraxsis
Minibot

Postby MYoung23 » Wed Jun 23, 2010 7:22 pm

It reads like fan fiction.

Six Lasers over Cybertron amusement park? Really? :roll:
MYoung23
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 3

Postby Thinktank » Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:21 pm

MYoung23 wrote:It reads like fan fiction.

Six Lasers over Cybertron amusement park? Really? :roll:

Fan fiction that goes by the name of "Beast Wars" that
is...

RE:Six Lasers over Cybertron
Cheetor makes mention of it at one point while discussing
returning home.

I too have read the sample, and while it has a significant
vein of solid lactate running through it, I was fairly
pleased at how the subject has been handled thus far.
Thinktank
Micromaster
News Credits: 2

Postby typh0id » Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:50 am

I preordered this book months ago and it actually came in the day before its release date.

I've read about halfway through it and though it does have its weaker moments (though it's not like the whole 'Six Lasers' thing is really too far out there from stuff they did in G1), all in all it's actually pretty well thought out. It incorporates many elements from previous versions of the story (such as War Within, and bits and pieces from G1) while expanding and adding its own spin. The relationship between Orion Pax and Megatron is really interesting and a bit surprising. In fact, their take on Megatron in general is fairly new and somewhat refreshing.

My only real issue thus far, is that it doesn't seem to match up with the story in the game in many ways. Now granted, I've neither finished the book nor the game at this point, but I'm seeing several discrepencies that I really hope get ironed out before it's all done.

I would definately recommend the book though if you're interested in this story and War for Cybertron, in genereal.
"Reality doesn't care if you believe it..."
----------
"You bitches!" ~Shockwave
typh0id
Brainmaster
News Credits: 4
Buy from typh0id on eBay

Postby JBPrime » Thu Jun 24, 2010 8:39 am

Motto: "I'll take you all on!"
Weapon: Seven-Year Sword
ChrisRiss wrote:I had this pre-ordered from borders a while ago. I was looking forward to going to pick it up yesterday when they said it hadn't come in yet. So, I see it this way, pre-ordering is supposed to guarantee me a copy, then why did they say on the release date that it was back ordered and they could not ship out my copy and that I would have to wait. Other than that little set back, I am still looking forward to this book.

That sucks. I was able to walk into Borders yesterday and pick it up right off of the new releases table. And opposed to pre-ordering, doing it that way allowed me to use a Borders Rewards coupon and get it for under $20.

Although, I did order the guide for WFC off Borders.com and am still waiting for it.

Anyway, I'm about two chapters in, which isn't much but really won't have time to dive in until the weekend. (My Saturday is dedicated to playing WFC and reading Exodus.)
JBPrime
Fuzor
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 4
Endurance: 10
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 4
Skill: 6

Postby DeathBlast » Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:35 pm

I picked my copy of Transformers:Exodus up at walmart for around $20. Even though I just started to read this book I admit for once I actually enjoy reading.

I also find it interesting that on page 12. Megatron states.. I have never had a name,but now I take the name Megatronus,naming myself for the greatest of the thirteen,the One who refused to bow before any of the others.

Then on page 32, Megatron say's "I assume the name of one of the Thirteen because-although only one of them ever called himself the Fallen-

page 33.."It doesn't matter to me," Megatron said. "Megatronus has been gone for along time.I am here.You are here.What we do is not up to Megatronus,or Liege Maximo,or any other myth.What we do is up to us."

Due to these remarks made by Megatron. I am starting to believe that the Fallen's true name before betraying his brothers/sisters was Megatronous.
DeathBlast
Minibot
News Credits: 4

Postby tacticrucian » Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:09 pm

Yeah, The Fallen's name was/is Megatronus Prime. That sounds kind of ridiculous to me, but hey. That's canon. Besides, it's not as if we have any other information that would conflict with that.
tacticrucian
Mini-Con

Postby RoguePrime » Thu Jul 08, 2010 5:49 am

typh0id wrote:My only real issue thus far, is that it doesn't seem to match up with the story in the game in many ways. Now granted, I've neither finished the book nor the game at this point, but I'm seeing several discrepencies that I really hope get ironed out before it's all done.

I'm roughly halfway through, and I'm really enjoying it, but I was thinking the same thing. I know this was advertised as a tie-in to War for Cybertron, but the more I read, the more it feels like it's part of the movie continuity.

SPOILERS!

It's mentioned that Optimus ejects the AllSpark from Cybertron, and that Bumblebee loses his ability to speak. This points directly at the films, not the WFC game. And so far, there has been no mention of Zeta Prime whatsoever! Although, I just reached the point where they're starting to talk about Dark Energon, pointing at the game again, so I'm getting really confused about where this story fits.
RoguePrime
Mini-Con

Return to Transformers Cartoons and Comics Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K23 PREDACON SCORPONOK Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe 2021 New"
WFC-K23 PREDACON S ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BULKHEAD Transformers Legacy Voyager Class Prime Universe Hasbro 2022 New"
BULKHEAD Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ENERGON MEGATRON Transformers Legacy United Core Class Hasbro 2024 New"
ENERGON MEGATRON T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "LEO PRIME Transformers Legacy Evolution Voyager Maximal Hasbro 2023 New/IN STOCK"
LEO PRIME Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "JHIAXUS Transformers Legacy Voyager Class G2 Hasbro 2022 New **IN-STOCK NOW**"
JHIAXUS Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K22 DRACODON Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Core Hasbro 2021 New"
NEW!
WFC-K22 DRACODON T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BWVS-03 CHEETOR + WASPINATOR Transformers Beast Wars Again Kingdom Hasbro 2024"
BWVS-03 CHEETOR + ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K35 TIGATRON Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Voyager Hasbro 2021 New"
WFC-K35 TIGATRON T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "CLOUDCOVER Transformers Legacy Evolution Voyager G2 Universe Hasbro 2023 New"
CLOUDCOVER Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OPTIMUS PRIME + BUMBLEBEE Transformers Legacy Core Class G1 Trailer 2023 New"
OPTIMUS PRIME + BU ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ARMADA STARSCREAM Transformers Legacy Voyager Class Hasbro 2022 New **IN-STOCK**"
ARMADA STARSCREAM ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "METALHAWK Transformers Legacy Evolution Voyager Hasbro 2023 New"
METALHAWK Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BUZZSAW Transformers Legacy Deluxe Beast Wars Universe Hasbro 2022 New"
BUZZSAW Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K21 SOUNDWAVE Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Core Hasbro 2021 New"
WFC-K21 SOUNDWAVE ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Nemesis Prime (Amazon Exclusive)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Toys Megatron Cyberverse Ultimate Class Action Figure - Repeatable Fusion Mega Shot Action Attack Move - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 11.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Terrorcon Blot" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 12 Voyager Class Movie 1 Decepticon Brawl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Unicronus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Costanza Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class Wreck-Gar" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Alpha Bravo Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Powermaster Optimus Prime Action Figure (Discontinued by manufacturer)" on AMAZON