This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

More Info on Transformers 3 Filming in Chicago

Discuss anything and everything related to the Transformers Live Action Films franchise, which are directed by Michael Bay. Join us to discuss the movies and stuff up to date with news for the 2017 release of Transformers 5. Check out our Live Action Film section here.

More Info on Transformers 3 Filming in Chicago

Postby Nekoman » Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:17 am

Motto: "Think for yourself, and think hard."
Weapon: Star Saber Sword
The Chicago Tribune has an article online talking about Transformers 3. The article talks a lot about the film, and local trafic concerns in Chicago. Read the whole thing at the Chicago Tribune, click here.

The “Transformers 3” news conference held Wednesday at the Office of Emergency Management and Communications wasn't meant to stir up interest in the film, which will shoot in Chicago from July 10-Aug. 19, but to prepare the general public.

For what? Jets flying by Willis Tower? Cars plummeting into the Chicago River? Shia LaBeouf's awkward return to the Walgreens on North Michigan Avenue?

Nope. Traffic.

OEMC Executive Director Jose Santiago said the closures on LaSalle Street (8 p.m. July 9 to 5 a.m. July 12), the Michigan Avenue bridge (8 p.m. July 16 to 5 a.m. July 19) and Upper Wacker Drive (9 p.m. July 18 to 5 a.m. July 22) will have the most impact on traffic. He added that most of the movie's filming in Chicago will take place during daylight.

“It's an ambitious production … but we and the producers are committed to mitigating the disruptions and addressing community concerns,” said Chicago Film Office Director Rich Moskal.

What can Chicagoans expect from filming — besides traffic?

Moskal said recently a few “scenes they're planning could match if not exceed the spectacular stuff ‘The Dark Knight' production pulled off.”

Follow Seibertron.com for up-to-date Transformers news from this year's Botcon!
Nekoman
Gestalt
News Credits: 387
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: ???
Speed: 1
Endurance: 1
Courage: N/A
Firepower: 10
Skill: N/A

Re: More Info on Transformers 3 Filming in Chicago

Postby Swiftknife24 » Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:49 pm

Motto: "With a blade, one gets close, personal and feels the kill."
Weapon: Diffraction Sword
Where I live, there are traffic disruptions in the city centre and there have been for months and will be there for months to come! We didn't get any conference!

(Oh yeah, of course, because film-makers outside the UK haven't heard of anywhere over here apart from London...)

Sorry, just a silly rant, resulting of many things that annoy me about stuff!

Anyway, the fact that he's adamant about the action matching 'The Dark Knight' seems interesting...Though, since 'The Dark Knight' had a relatively small amount of actual action sequences might make the comment valid! :lol: (Unless quality comes into the question...After all, we could see what was actually going on with Nolan's camera-work! Hehe)

I've been compiling a scale list (largest to smallest) of the Film Transformers based on; vehicle/alternate modes (with the best dimension data possible), as many official charts I could find & most crucially, the figures I actually own & desire! If anyone would like a bit of assistance in scale or would simply like a peek at the list, do say so! ^^

(Also been working on something big; I'm a writer, so that's a clue... ;))
Swiftknife24
Vehicon
News Credits: 4
Watch Swiftknife24 on YouTube
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 10
Endurance: 7
Courage: 7
Firepower: 10
Skill: 10

Postby Blackstreak » Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:09 am

Motto: ""I'm stronger than I look, but not as strong as I think I am.""
Weapon: Laser Rifle
For as often as Hollywood films in Chicago you'd think they are use to it by now. It's not like traffic ISN'T clogged there anyways.

On a personal note, I'll never drive around Chicago, too hectic for my nerves without a movie being filmed there.

# of Transformers in collection: 332
Looking for 1985 Action Cards
Blackstreak
Godmaster
News Credits: 1
Watch Blackstreak on YouTube
Buy from Blackstreak on eBay
Alt Mode: Datsun 280 ZX or Dodge Viper
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 5
Speed: 9
Endurance: 7
Courage: 9
Firepower: 9
Skill: 8

Postby JBPrime » Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:31 am

Motto: "I'll take you all on!"
Weapon: Seven-Year Sword
Where they are filming isn't too far from where I work, but I really don't want to be up around 8pm-5am downtown. Outside of seeing alt-modes, is there anything that would be worth trying to see?
JBPrime
Fuzor
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 4
Endurance: 10
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 4
Skill: 6

Return to Transformers Live Action Film Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WALKING DEAD DLX #81 Cvr C Image Comics 2024 1123IM356 81C (CA) Santolouco"
WALKING DEAD DLX # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "INVINCIBLE RED SONJA #6 Cvr G 1:15 Dynamite Comics 2021 AUG210866 6G (CA) Conner"
INVINCIBLE RED SON ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WALKING DEAD DLX #87 Cvr C Image Comics 2024 0224IM330 87C (CA) Wu"
NEW!
WALKING DEAD DLX # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WALKING DEAD DLX #52 Cvr B Image Comics 2022 OCT220247 52B (CA) Adlard + McCaig"
WALKING DEAD DLX # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "HOUSE OF SLAUGHTER #7 Cvr D 1:25 Boom Comics 2022 APR220683 7D (CA) Dell'Edera"
HOUSE OF SLAUGHTER ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WALKING DEAD DLX #36 Cvr C Image Comics 2022 FEB220264 36C (CA) Del Mundo"
WALKING DEAD DLX # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "INVINCIBLE RED SONJA #10 Cvr D Dynamite Comics 2022 JAN220624 10D (CA) Cho"
INVINCIBLE RED SON ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "INVINCIBLE RED SONJA #7 Cvr A Dynamite Comics 2022 OCT210546 7A (CA) Conner"
INVINCIBLE RED SON ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WALKING DEAD DLX #42 Cvr D Image Comics 2022 MAY220287 42D (CA) Tedesco"
WALKING DEAD DLX # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WALKING DEAD DLX #67 Cvr D Image Comics 2023 MAY230298 67D (CA) Tedesco"
WALKING DEAD DLX # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WALKING DEAD #193 1st ptg Farm House Image Comics 2019 (CA) Adlard + Stewart"
WALKING DEAD #193 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WALKING DEAD DLX #79 Cvr A Image Comics 2023 1023IM397 79A (CA) Finch + McCaig"
WALKING DEAD DLX # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WALKING DEAD DLX #72 Cvr C Image Comics 2023 0823IM314 72C (CA) Hughes"
WALKING DEAD DLX # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #5 Cvr F Walking Dead 20th Image Comics 0823IM481 5F Hughes 240330"
NEW!
VOID RIVALS #5 Cvr ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Elita-1" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee Movie Toys, Power Charge Bumblebee Action Figure - Spinning Core, Lights and Sounds - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 10.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Swoop" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Outback" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Protectobot Rook Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Terri-Bull" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Peterman Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Speed Series Bumblebee  (Chevrolet Camaro)" on AMAZON