This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Takara 2010 Campaign - Generation One Predaking Revealed

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Takara 2010 Campaign - Generation One Predaking Revealed

Postby It Is Him » Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:38 am

Counterpunch wrote:Good Lord, it's like he's got some kind of shiny infection all over him.

Between Animated and all this Predaking shininess, it's almost as if Takara-Tomy has been taken over by a bunch of crazy ass racoons.

Racoons!
Come join us at THE PUPPY THREAD

BeastProwl wrote:What the **** is wrong with you?
It Is Him
City Commander
News Credits: 16

Postby Jelze Bunnycat » Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:41 am

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
It Is Him wrote:
Counterpunch wrote:Good Lord, it's like he's got some kind of shiny infection all over him.

Between this and all of Animated, it's almost as if Takara-Tomy has been taken over by a bunch of crazy ass racoons.

Racoons!

No, Japan doesn't have raccons. They have Tanukis ;)

I'm on the fence with Predaking to be honest. As much as I'd like a shiny one I can't justify the price, even if it has die cast. Anybody know how much a complete all-plastic version runs for these days?
The resident Rewind... well, half of one :lol:

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3

Looking for:
- TR Furos (Hardhead's head) and Crashbash (lost him :()
- PotP Punch head
- TR Galvatron right arm (the gun one)
- CW Brake-Neck/UW Wildrider, CW Offroad
- TR Twinferno & Grotusque
- Greenlight, Lancer and PotP Elita-1 (plus repro Victorion hands and feet?)
Jelze Bunnycat
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 241
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Courage: 8
Skill: 5

Postby Blurrz » Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:44 am

Motto: "scream drive faster"
Weapon: Electro-Laser Cannon
Counterpunch wrote:
HollyW00d wrote:No one posted this pic yet?

Good Lord, it's like he's got some kind of shiny infection all over him.

Dude, it's about going big or going home. For a figure of that magnitude to be released in today's day and age, Takara's going to add the bling here and there. In all honesty, f**k cartoon accuracy, Generation One was 25 years ago and the fans in Japan, the majority probably don't give a freaking a** about whether it's shiny or not. You skip Sleep Convoy, that's understandable. Primus, yeah that too. But the #*&$^(#$*# Predacons transforming into the $*#O$&#*$# Predaking? Sir, where do you think you're from? Canada?

Mindmaster wrote:Shiny! :lol: But does it really have to be 180$? Couldn't they drop it down to at least 80$? :lol:

What? You want a Predaking made out of Q-Tips. You're going to learn, if you want something released by Takara, you're going to have a pay a premium
Blurrz
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 1452
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 10
Endurance: 6
Firepower: 7

Postby Forgotten » Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:03 am

Motto: ""Give me a piece of break" - my 3 year old son"
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
It Is Him wrote:

Between this and all of Animated, it's almost as if Takara-Tomy has been taken over by a bunch of crazy ass racoons.

Racoons!

I'm on the fence with Predaking to be honest. As much as I'd like a shiny one I can't justify the price, even if it has die cast. Anybody know how much a complete all-plastic version runs for these days?

The all plastic version is going for a little over $200 last time I looked.

I'm with you Blurrz, this thing looks great with the shiny & it is worth the $180 price point(would be a bargain to be honest if it is the diecast version too). Takara is getting LOTS of my money this year(mainly picking up reissues that I missed before).
Currently searching for Cybertron Supreme Starscream & G2 Go-Bots Megatron, Complete at good prices. PM if you can help please.
Forgotten
Transmetal Warrior
News Credits: 8
Watch Forgotten on YouTube
Buy from Forgotten on eBay

Postby kirbenvost » Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:14 am

Motto: "Deal with it."
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
Blurrz wrote:
Counterpunch wrote:

Dude, it's about going big or going home. For a figure of that magnitude to be released in today's day and age, Takara's going to add the bling here and there. In all honesty, f**k cartoon accuracy, Generation One was 25 years ago and the fans in Japan, the majority probably don't give a freaking a** about whether it's shiny or not. You skip Sleep Convoy, that's understandable. Primus, yeah that too. But the #*&$^(#$*# Predacons transforming into the $*#O$&#*$# Predaking? Sir, where do you think you're from? Canada?

What does Canada have to do with it? :lol:

Bling or no bling, I'm going to cry myself to sleep for the next few months thinking about how I can't afford this. If I could, I'd buy the damn Unicron and Primus too.
------------------------------
Old collection pics
------------------------------
For Sale/Trade
kirbenvost
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 11
Buy from kirbenvost on eBay
Strength: 6
Speed: 10+
Firepower: 9
Skill: 10

Postby Counterpunch » Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:30 am

Motto: "Everything I do is divinely sanctioned."
Weapon: Jawbreaker Cannon
Johnny Come Lately McDoesn'thaveaPredaking wrote:
Counterpunch wrote:

Excuse me? Come again? Japan doesn't like their G1 cartoon accuracy? Really?

Really?

There's a whole heap of G1 reissues that have started a collection of your words, mixed with a heaping helping of sushi rice, for you to eat. With the exception of Animated, where Takara seems to have come down with a case of "need to be different because our collectors all ready have this ****", the Japanese have been absolutely slavish to show accuracy not to mention G1 accuracy.

And as for Primus? That was pre-ordered like a month ago. Predaking? I caught this bus 5 years ago. WTH took you so long?
Counterpunch
Podcast Host
News Credits: 125
Strength: 6
Speed: 6
Endurance: 5
Courage: 9
Firepower: 4
Skill: 7

Postby MattimusPrime » Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:32 am

Motto: "The wheel weaves as the wheel wills"
Weapon: Atom-Smasher Cannon
MattimusPrime
Mini-Con
News Credits: 1
Buy from MattimusPrime on eBay
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 5
Endurance: 6
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 9

Postby 3.8TransAM » Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:36 am

I'm definitely getting this :-) :x

I missed out on the re issue because I lost my job and a 160$ Transformer wasnt in the cards.

Now I will get one to keep minty fresh and one sure as hell is getitng put together and displayed. :CON:
Watching since episode 1 aired in 84
Reading since #4 released in 84
GM for life.
If it's not G1 it's not canon
Da Bears
3.8TransAM
Combiner

Postby Razorclaw0000 » Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:46 am

Motto: "Know that I am Razorclaw, that my reality is not yours, and while I share Tigerhawk's dual Spark and Vok heritage...
I am NOT he!"
Weapon: Ion Particle Blaster
Site Sponsor BigBadToyStore has just opened a preorder for the new 2010 Campaign Predaking revealed at Toy Show 2010.

The preorder is slated to arrive in the 4th Quarter of 2010, with a retail price of $179.99.

Stick with Seibertron.com for our coverage of Toy Show 2010 and much more!
Razorclaw0000
Gestalt
News Credits: 609
Buy from Razorclaw0000 on eBay
Strength: 8
Firepower: 10

Postby It Is Him » Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:47 am

JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
It Is Him wrote:

Racoons!

Yeah, but Tanukis are too busy chasing women and flashing their gigantic nutsacks to care about shiny things. Besides, they're more closely related to dogs. And dogs wouldn't sell out their own mother to a meat market in exchange for a macaroni painting doused in glued-on sparkles from Michael's. Racoons are crazy like that.

A vintage plastic Predaking still runs about $250. The new one's $180 at BBTS. Why don't you just put a few bucks away now and save for the reissue?

It Is Him
City Commander

Postby Forgotten » Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:50 am

MattimusPrime wrote:It looks like BBTS has it up for pre-order

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=tak11131&mode=retail

That was quick. It says the shipping weight is 5.88 pounds. That doesn't seem heavy enough to be diecast version. Can anybody weigh theirs for me? :oops:
Currently searching for Cybertron Supreme Starscream & G2 Go-Bots Megatron, Complete at good prices. PM if you can help please.
Forgotten
Transmetal Warrior

Postby Razorclaw0000 » Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:03 pm

Motto: "Know that I am Razorclaw, that my reality is not yours, and while I share Tigerhawk's dual Spark and Vok heritage...
I am NOT he!"
Weapon: Ion Particle Blaster
Forgotten wrote:

That was quick. It says the shipping weight is 5.88 pounds. That doesn't seem heavy enough to be diecast version. Can anybody weigh theirs for me? :oops:

I assumed that weight was high enough to guarantee it's die-cast. Piranacon is only 1.4 lbs. TFWiki lists Predaking at 2.2 lbs.
Last edited by Razorclaw0000 on Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Razorclaw0000
Gestalt
News Credits: 609
Buy from Razorclaw0000 on eBay

Postby It Is Him » Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:05 pm

kirbenvost wrote:Bling or no bling, I'm going to cry myself to sleep for the next few months thinking about how I can't afford this.

Sell your plasma!

It Is Him
City Commander

Postby ShGarland_1383 » Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:08 pm

Motto: "Be brief of speech and long on action."
Weapon: Reciprocating Laser Cannon
It Is Him wrote:A vintage plastic Predaking still runs about $250. The new one's $180 at BBTS. Why don't you just put a few bucks away now and save for the reissue?

Because I don't have a few bucks to put away. I've got 4 payments left on the newest computer yet, and if I'm not gonna make those 4 payments...

Let's just say good chunk of that payment would happily go to Predaking, if I didn't wanna pay off my computer.
My vote for the HOF goes to my favorite Transformer, Kup, to the Headmasters (who still need new figures that aren't just the characters without their master components) and to seibertron.com for for being the ultimate TF resource.
ShGarland_1383
Headmaster
News Credits: 3
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 4
Speed: 2
Courage: 5
Firepower: 3
Skill: 3

Postby Dagon » Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:11 pm

Motto: "Ain't nobody got time fo dat....."
Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
For the plastic Predaking are you guys talking about the KO one from a year or three back? With the white Headstrong (I think) and the clear blue guns? That's going for $200??? (He assumes you're talking about that one and not the/a plastic Takara reissue and/or Hasbro original)

Anyhow, I like the gold lion head, and the gold-looking Headstrong body is neat too. I picked up the Takara reissue set a few years back, so I'm good on Predaking for the present time, but if I had the funds, I might try for this one. All told, for me it's the same as the Seacon reissue. If I had the money, I'd order them. But I have them, so I don't feel too bad about not being able to order them. But, I'm very, very happy to see them both being re-released.
Dagon
Faction Commander
Buy from Dagon on eBay
Courage: 10
Skill: 10+

Postby joevill » Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:23 pm

Motto: "For Seibertron!"
Weapon: Sword
Counterpunch wrote:

I think that's why I'm so attracted to it! :x
joevill
Transmetal Warrior
News Credits: 11
Watch joevill on YouTube
Intelligence: 5
Courage: 5
Firepower: 5

Postby Jelze Bunnycat » Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:30 pm

Dagon wrote:For the plastic Predaking are you guys talking about the KO one from a year or three back? With the white Headstrong (I think) and the clear blue guns? That's going for $200??? (He assumes you're talking about that one and not the/a plastic Takara reissue and/or Hasbro original)

Now why would I want a plastic KO? Of course I was asking about the all plastic variety. Just for the record:

1) Predaking was originally released with die-cast metal pieces, but those were soon phased out, similarly to other figures in 1986.
2) Japan only had the all-plastic version, but the reissue still had die cast metal parts.

Looking for:
- PotP Punch head
Jelze Bunnycat
God Of Transformers

Postby Dagon » Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:39 pm

Motto: "Ain't nobody got time fo dat....."
Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Dagon wrote:For the plastic Predaking are you guys talking about the KO one from a year or three back? With the white Headstrong (I think) and the clear blue guns? That's going for $200??? (He assumes you're talking about that one and not the/a plastic Takara reissue and/or Hasbro original)

Now why would I want a plastic KO? Of course I was asking about the all plastic variety.

Well, outside of the fact that I was just asking for to clarify my own confusion, I seem to remember that when that KO came out there was a small amount of buzz on the boards about it. I also had thought about getting one of those myself when they were on eBay, but thought they were too expensive. So, in my feeble minded confusion, I apparently thought that perhaps that white plastic KO may have increased in value. Oh, silly me! I sure feel stupid for asking.

JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:Just for the record:

1) Predaking was originally released with die-cast metal pieces, but those were soon phased out, similarly to other figures in 1986.
2) Japan only had the all-plastic version, but the reissue still had die cast metal parts.

I know. I had a few of the metal ones in the 80s, and I currently own the Takara reiusse with die cast. Again, my apologies for asking.
Dagon
Faction Commander
Buy from Dagon on eBay
Courage: 10
Skill: 10+

Postby Jelze Bunnycat » Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:55 pm

Dagon wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:

Now why would I want a plastic KO? Of course I was asking about the all plastic variety.

Well, outside of the fact that I was just asking for to clarify my own confusion, I seem to remember that when that KO came out there was a small amount of buzz on the boards about it. I also had thought about getting one of those myself when they were on eBay, but thought they were too expensive. So, in my feeble minded confusion, I apparently thought that perhaps that white plastic KO may have increased in value. Oh, silly me! I sure feel stupid for asking.

JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:Just for the record:

I know. I had a few of the metal ones in the 80s, and I currently own the Takara reiusse with die cast. Again, my apologies for asking.

Nah, I'm sorry for seeming a bit snappy. I may need to set my standards for common knowledge a tad lower :P

Looking for:
- PotP Punch head
Jelze Bunnycat
God Of Transformers

Postby Chupacabra Convoy » Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:32 pm

Motto: "Wait, we're supposed to save all humans? Are you sure?"
Weapon: Energo-Sword
I'm glad that I got this guy years ago, but I never let him out of the box, so if I had the money to spare I would pick up another one, but I don't.

As for the shiny, it's to blind all of his prey.

Crazy Dev planed their release at the right time.
Formerly Nova-Ting Ranger (That's right, I'm back! And in Pog form!)
Chupacabra Convoy
Vehicon
Courage: 7
Firepower: 5

Postby Forgotten » Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:53 pm

Razorclaw0000 wrote:
Forgotten wrote:

I assumed that weight was high enough to guarantee it's die-cast. Piranacon is only 1.4 lbs. TFWiki lists Predaking at 2.2 lbs.

Thanks man. Off to sell organs on the black market to get my preorder in!!! :KREMZEEK:
Forgotten
Transmetal Warrior

Postby Joetx » Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:06 pm

How much was Predaking when he was released a few years ago? I remember him being expensive, but not this expensive.

I realize Piranacon isn't Predaking's equal, but I don't think this justifies Predaking costing 3 times as much.
Joetx
Fuzor

Postby Jelze Bunnycat » Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:12 pm

txex97 wrote:How much was Predaking when he was released a few years ago? I remember him being expensive, but not this expensive.

I realize Piranacon isn't Predaking's equal, but I don't think this justifies Predaking costing 3 times as much.

You have to keep in mind that Piranacon, by today's standards, consists of 5 Scout-sized toys and 1 Deluxe. Predaking on the other hand is slightly bigger, 5 Deluxes altogether. With 2 Scouts making a Deluxe (roughly) Piranacon is still a Deluxe and a Scout short of Predaking. Add the metal and his popularity, and there's the difference in price.

Price-wise we do get jipped in Europe. I've seen the original reissue (oxymoron anyone?) sell for around the €200 or $250 mark in import stores.

Looking for:
- PotP Punch head
Jelze Bunnycat
God Of Transformers

Postby 3.8TransAM » Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:17 pm

Best deal I found on the last reissue was 165$ or so

So 5 yrs later and only $15 more bucks? I won't miss out on Predacons again.

That's why I don't understand why everyone is complaining about price?

They were 15$ a piece figures when they came out originally so like all the other reissues they are $30 figures now.

$30 * 5figures = 180$

It could be worse, we could never get a complete new in box Predaking ever.
Watching since episode 1 aired in 84
Reading since #4 released in 84
GM for life.
If it's not G1 it's not canon
Da Bears
3.8TransAM
Combiner

Postby HollyW00d » Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:40 pm

3.8TransAM wrote:Best deal I found on the last reissue was 165$ or so

So 5 yrs later and only $15 more bucks? I won't miss out on Predacons again.

That's why I don't understand why everyone is complaining about price?

They were 15$ a piece figures when they came out originally so like all the other reissues they are $30 figures now.

$30 * 5figures = 180$

It could be worse, we could never get a complete new in box Predaking ever.

$165? As in dollars? Now way. New in the box they sell for $300-500 on Ebay, opened but mint in box around $250-$350. 100% complete Vintage out of box goes for around $180-$250
HollyW00d
Minibot
News Credits: 2

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K17 ARCEE Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe 2021 New"
WFC-K17 ARCEE Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WINDBLADE Transformers Legacy United Deluxe Class Cyberverse Hasbro 2024 New"
WINDBLADE Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Megatron Transformers Legacy Core Class G2 Universe Hasbro 2022 New"
Megatron Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "STRONGARM Transformers Legacy Evolution Deluxe Robots In Disguise 2023 New"
STRONGARM Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K32 PIPES Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe Hasbro 2022 New"
WFC-K32 PIPES Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K23 PREDACON SCORPONOK Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe 2021 New"
WFC-K23 PREDACON S ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K27 RHINOX Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Voyager Hasbro 2021 New"
WFC-K27 RHINOX Tra ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K26 TRACKS Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe 2021 New"
WFC-K26 TRACKS Tra ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Armada POWERINX HOT SHOT + JOLT Transformers Legacy Evolution Deluxe 2023 New"
NEW!
Armada POWERINX HO ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "IGUANUS Transformers Legacy Core Class G1 Hasbro 2022 New"
IGUANUS Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "LEO PRIME Transformers Legacy Evolution Voyager Maximal Hasbro 2023 New/IN STOCK"
LEO PRIME Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "CRANKCASE Transformers Legacy Deluxe Class Hasbro 2022 New **IN-STOCK**"
CRANKCASE Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SCOURGE Transformers Legacy Velocitron Speedia 500 RID Leader Hasbro 2022 New"
SCOURGE Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BWVS-05 RATTRAP + TERRORSAUR Transformers Beast Wars Again Kingdom Hasbro 2024"
NEW!
BWVS-05 RATTRAP + ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Snarl" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Class Ultra Magnus Figure(Discontinued by manufacturer)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Legends Class Laserbeak" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Dead End Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Clobber" on AMAZON