This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

New Images of G2 2010 Dreadwing and Smokescreen

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

New Images of G2 2010 Dreadwing and Smokescreen

Postby Blurrz » Sun Jul 18, 2010 5:05 pm

Motto: "scream drive faster"
Weapon: Electro-Laser Cannon
The International Tokyo Toy Show of 2010 was quite busy this week, so unfortunately the Generation Two Dreadwing and Smokescreen set was sold out! Fortunately though, Japanese resident and TFW2005 member Masabon was able to snag a set and has taken a nice gallery of the toys. Dreadwing is a repaint of ROTF Mindwipe, and Smokescreen is a repaint of ROTF Skystalker. They homage the Generation Two characters of the same name. Both even sport Generation Two logos! Check them out below.

Feel free to check out the rest of the gallery over at TFW2005.

Keep it at Seibertron.com for the latest Transformers toy news on the net!
Blurrz
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 1452
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 10
Endurance: 6
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 5

Re: New Images of G2 2010 Dreadwing and Smokescreen

Postby Skullcrunchberries » Sun Jul 18, 2010 5:43 pm

Motto: "It's time to pull up a groove and get fabulous."
Weapon: Twin Rocket Launchers
I hate the movie aesthetic and I think these are gorgeous. Could just be my love of G2 though...

So these three dyslexic men walk into a bra... oh HAHAHA I am so funny
Skullcrunchberries
Headmaster Jr
Speed: 5
Endurance: 10
Courage: 9
Firepower: 6

Postby Tigertrack » Sun Jul 18, 2010 7:14 pm

Motto: "A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination."
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
I wanted to be more impressed. I wasn't.

They are alright, but for the heavy import, and exclusive fees, I'm fine without them.

I know, I know, some will say your Redux G2 set is not complete without them. Oh well.
Tigertrack
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 1082
Strength: 6
Speed: 7
Endurance: 7
Firepower: 8
Skill: 10

Postby ShGarland_1383 » Sun Jul 18, 2010 9:17 pm

Motto: "Be brief of speech and long on action."
Weapon: Reciprocating Laser Cannon
I'd think about it if they get a US release. Otherwise, I'm happy with Prime, Megatron and BotCon Rapido. And Cindersaur, if he's a G2 Redux character...
My vote for the HOF goes to my favorite Transformer, Kup, to the Headmasters (who still need new figures that aren't just the characters without their master components) and to seibertron.com for for being the ultimate TF resource.
ShGarland_1383
Headmaster
News Credits: 3
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 4
Speed: 2
Endurance: 5
Courage: 5
Firepower: 3
Skill: 3

Postby Solrac333 » Sun Jul 18, 2010 9:23 pm

I love the movie aesthetic but hate G2. These are a pass.
Bah weep granah weep nini bon!
Solrac333
Gestalt
News Credits: 1
Watch Solrac333 on YouTube
Buy from Solrac333 on eBay
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 10+

Postby Flux Convoy » Mon Jul 19, 2010 6:37 am

Motto: "Chaos... is coming!..."
I don't understand this release. They barely resemble the source they're supposed to homage. No thanks. I skipped these guys for the movie line. I can certainly do it again.
:BOT:
Flux Convoy
City Commander
News Credits: 20
Buy from Flux Convoy on eBay

Postby Jelze Bunnycat » Mon Jul 19, 2010 6:44 am

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
Flux Convoy wrote:I don't understand this release. They barely resemble the source they're supposed to homage. No thanks. I skipped these guys for the movie line. I can certainly do it again.

It's the principle, dearie. The large plane + small plane combo was made famous by G2 Dreadwing and Smokescreen, and Mindwipe and Skystalker homage that princple. Nothing more.
The resident Rewind... well, half of one :lol:

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3

Looking for:
- TR Furos (Hardhead's head) and Crashbash (lost him :()
- PotP Punch head
- TR Galvatron right arm (the gun one)
- CW Brake-Neck/UW Wildrider, CW Offroad
- TR Twinferno & Grotusque
- Greenlight, Lancer and PotP Elita-1 (plus repro Victorion hands and feet?)
Jelze Bunnycat
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 241
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8

Postby Flux Convoy » Mon Jul 19, 2010 6:49 am

Motto: "Chaos... is coming!..."
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Flux Convoy wrote:I don't understand this release. They barely resemble the source they're supposed to homage. No thanks. I skipped these guys for the movie line. I can certainly do it again.

It's the principle, dearie. The large plane + small plane combo was made famous by G2 Dreadwing and Smokescreen, and Mindwipe and Skystalker homage that princple. Nothing more.

It was my understanding that we were both male. ;) Yeah I get the plane on a plane so they can fly while they fly thing. If that gimmick was enough to carry this though, I wouldn't have such a distaste for this release. Movie stuff as homages doesn't work IMO. It's just too, I dunno, technological. I know that doesn't really sound like it makes sense.
Flux Convoy
City Commander
News Credits: 20
Buy from Flux Convoy on eBay

Postby Tigertrack » Mon Jul 19, 2010 6:56 am

Motto: "A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination."
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
If it were just the big plane/tiny plane thing, well, it was already homaged in the regular line.

With this set it is supposed to be the colors too. The blues are nice, but I believe there are purple, black, and yellow missing? I haven't looked at my packaged set in ages.

But anyway, the color is supposed to be the kicker of this set, and that they are sold together. I think the G2 symbols are a nice touch though, but the color as the seller needed some work.
Tigertrack
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 1082
Speed: 7
Firepower: 8
Skill: 10

Postby Yzz » Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:54 am

I'll pick it up if it gets a US retail release. As a matter of fact, I was already planning to repaint some movie toys into G2 characters.

~~Yzz
All Glory and Honor and Praise be to God The Father, God The Son, and God The Holy Spirit, Amen.
Yzz
Mini-Con
Strength: ???
Intelligence: ???
Speed: ???
Endurance: ???
Courage: ???
Firepower: ???
Skill: ???

Postby Blurrz » Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:03 pm

Motto: "scream drive faster"
Weapon: Electro-Laser Cannon
Yzz wrote:I'll pick it up if it gets a US retail release. As a matter of fact, I was already planning to repaint some movie toys into G2 characters.

~~Yzz

Not happening, Japanese exclusives remain exclusives.
Blurrz
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 1452
Speed: 10
Endurance: 6
Firepower: 7

Postby Pretender Skywarp » Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:05 pm

It's great to see the G2 love this year, but all that exclusivness has priced me out of buying any :sad:

Shame, as it seems the designers have actually put some thought into these.
Pretender Skywarp
Headmaster
News Credits: 36

Postby Counterpunch » Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:59 pm

Motto: "Everything I do is divinely sanctioned."
Weapon: Jawbreaker Cannon
Blurrz wrote:
Yzz wrote:I'll pick it up if it gets a US retail release. As a matter of fact, I was already planning to repaint some movie toys into G2 characters.

~~Yzz

Lawson's Movie Premium Blackout and Galaxy Force DVD Excellion are paging you to the OR.

(and actually, the Movie Fallen Target/Wonderfest exclusive is a good indication that perhaps some of these exclusives that "make sense" are becoming shared exclusives.)
Counterpunch
Podcast Host
News Credits: 125
Speed: 6
Firepower: 4
Skill: 7

Postby Razorclaw0000 » Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:10 pm

Motto: "Know that I am Razorclaw, that my reality is not yours, and while I share Tigerhawk's dual Spark and Vok heritage...
I am NOT he!"
Weapon: Ion Particle Blaster
Counterpunch wrote:
Blurrz wrote:

~~Yzz

Lawson's Movie Premium Blackout and Galaxy Force DVD Excellion are paging you to the OR.

(and actually, the Movie Fallen Target/Wonderfest exclusive is a good indication that perhaps some of these exclusives that "make sense" are becoming shared exclusives.)

Although, DVD Exillion and Cybertron Excellion do share a similar paint scheme, there are also radical difference, like DVD's brown-red paint, the differences of clear colors, the hood decorations, and so on. But, I get what you're saying.

Now Lawson Blackout is just a straight up smack in the face to whomever shelled out for one.
Razorclaw0000
Gestalt
News Credits: 609
Buy from Razorclaw0000 on eBay
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 10+
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Postby Counterpunch » Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:17 pm

Motto: "Everything I do is divinely sanctioned."
Weapon: Jawbreaker Cannon
Razorclaw0000 wrote:
Counterpunch wrote:
Blurrz wrote:

~~Yzz

Although, DVD Exillion and Cybertron Excellion do share a similar paint scheme, there are also radical difference,

Perhaps..."radical" is a bit strong a word choice in this instance?

I know they're different but still...
Counterpunch
Podcast Host
News Credits: 125
Speed: 6
Firepower: 4
Skill: 7

Postby Razorclaw0000 » Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:22 pm

Motto: "Know that I am Razorclaw, that my reality is not yours, and while I share Tigerhawk's dual Spark and Vok heritage...
I am NOT he!"
Weapon: Ion Particle Blaster
Counterpunch wrote:
Razorclaw0000 wrote:
Counterpunch wrote:
Blurrz wrote:

~~Yzz

Although, DVD Exillion and Cybertron Excellion do share a similar paint scheme, there are also radical difference,

Perhaps..."radical" is a bit strong a word choice in this instance?

I know they're different but still...

Maybe, but my point is that the de-exclusiving of figures is rarely a perfect match, and often has noticeable paint differences. With the exception of them being red versions of the same mold, the E cars have only a few matching paint applications.
Razorclaw0000
Gestalt
News Credits: 609
Buy from Razorclaw0000 on eBay
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 10+
Skill: 9

Postby zenosaurus_x » Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:32 pm

Weapon: Electron-Scimitars
While it was a good use of the mold, they don't really strike me as DreadWing and SmokeScreen :/
Maybe if they had've changed MindWipe's head...
zenosaurus_x
Headmaster
Strength: 10+
Speed: 4
Endurance: 10+
Skill: 10+

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "INVINCIBLE RED SONJA #3 Cvr H 1:20 Dynamite Comics 2021 MAY210876 3H (CA)Cosplay"
INVINCIBLE RED SON ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WALKING DEAD DLX #83 Cvr B Image Comics 2024 1223IM332 83B (CA) Adlard + McCaig"
WALKING DEAD DLX # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "INVINCIBLE RED SONJA #9 Cvr A Dynamite Comics 2022 DEC210642 9A (CA) Conner"
INVINCIBLE RED SON ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WALKING DEAD DLX #15 Cvr D Image Comics 2021 MAR210244 15D (CA) Tedesco"
NEW!
WALKING DEAD DLX # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "INVINCIBLE RED SONJA #10 Cvr F 1:10 Dynamite Comics 2022 JAN220626 10F (CA)Cohen"
INVINCIBLE RED SON ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WALKING DEAD DLX #57 Cvr B Image Comics 2023 DEC220314 57B (CA) Adlard + McCaig"
WALKING DEAD DLX # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WALKING DEAD DLX #9 Cvr C Image Comics 2021 DEC200243 9C (CA) Tedesco"
WALKING DEAD DLX # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WALKING DEAD DLX #78 Cvr A Image Comics 2023 1023IM394 78A (CA) Finch + McCaig"
WALKING DEAD DLX # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "HOUSE OF SLAUGHTER #8 Cvr A Boom Comics 2022 MAY220321 8A (CA) Albuquerque"
HOUSE OF SLAUGHTER ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "INVINCIBLE RED SONJA #6 Cvr I 1:25 Dynamite Comics 2021 AUG210868 6I (CA)Linsner"
INVINCIBLE RED SON ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WALKING DEAD DLX #79 Cvr A Image Comics 2023 1023IM397 79A (CA) Finch + McCaig"
WALKING DEAD DLX # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "INVINCIBLE RED SONJA #5 Cvr H 1:20 Dynamite Comics 2021 JUL210982 5H (CA)Cosplay"
INVINCIBLE RED SON ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WALKING DEAD DLX #47 Cvr D Image Comics 2022 JUL220272 47D (CA) Tedesco"
WALKING DEAD DLX # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "INVINCIBLE RED SONJA #9 Cvr C Dynamite Comics 2022 DEC210644 9C (CA) Celina"
INVINCIBLE RED SON ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Grotusque and Scorponok Deluxe Action Figure Exclusive Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Barricade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Quintus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Toys Megatron Cyberverse Ultimate Class Action Figure - Repeatable Fusion Mega Shot Action Attack Move - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 11.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Titan Class Predaking" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Platinum Edition "Year of the Goat" Exclusive Masterpiece Soundwave by Hasbro" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Hyperfire and Blurr" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Slugslinger and Caliburst" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titan Class Metroplex with Autobot Scamper Figure" on AMAZON