This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Seibertron on Facebok - 2,500 Fans Can't Be Wrong!

There is more to Transformers than movies, cartoons, comics and toys. Discuss anything else Transformers here.

Seibertron on Facebok - 2,500 Fans Can't Be Wrong!

Postby Razorclaw0000 » Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:45 am

Motto: "Know that I am Razorclaw, that my reality is not yours, and while I share Tigerhawk's dual Spark and Vok heritage...
I am NOT he!"
Weapon: Ion Particle Blaster
The staff of Seibertron.com would like to extend a warm "Thank You" to our 2,504 (at the time of this writing) fans on Facebook!

Are you a fan of the site on Facebook?

If not, you're missing out on some great benefits!

Ready to become a fan? Head on over to our page on Facebook now!
Razorclaw0000
Gestalt
News Credits: 609
Buy from Razorclaw0000 on eBay
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: Seibertron on Facebok - 2,500 Fans Can't Be Wrong!

Postby HighPrime » Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:56 am

Motto: "Wake up with the King!"
I don't use facebook. If I did, I would definitely be a fan, though :grin:
HighPrime
Targetmaster
News Credits: 10
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 4
Endurance: 4
Courage: 10
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10+

Postby Editor » Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:08 pm

Motto: ""I'm not even supposed to be here today!""
Weapon: Shotgun
I would, but I refuse to use failbook, and seeing a good number of friends who have are deleting their accounts I doubt I'll be changing my mind anytime soon.

Heaven forbid we need information from seibertron.com that we just use seibertron.com. FB (and whatever will replace it, as FB replaced myspace) is a middle-man that simply isn't required.
http://www.seibertron.com/heavymetalwar/team_view.php?id=27919
Once I ran an Anime festival with over 6,000 attendees. Now... not so much.
Editor
City Commander
News Credits: 9
Watch Editor on YouTube
Buy from Editor on eBay
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 7
Firepower: 4
Skill: 6

Postby joevill » Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:15 pm

Motto: "For Seibertron!"
Weapon: Sword
I like this
joevill
Transmetal Warrior
News Credits: 11
Watch joevill on YouTube
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 5
Speed: 5
Endurance: 5
Courage: 5
Skill: 5

Postby Seibertron » Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:34 pm

Motto: "'Til All Are One!"
Weapon: Twin Shock-Concussion Missiles
Editor wrote:I would, but I refuse to use failbook, and seeing a good number of friends who have are deleting their accounts I doubt I'll be changing my mind anytime soon.

Heaven forbid we need information from seibertron.com that we just use seibertron.com. FB (and whatever will replace it, as FB replaced myspace) is a middle-man that simply isn't required.

I appreciate your support of the site, though I'd disagree about the usage of Facebook. It's tool that allows people to access Seibertron.com through other manners when they aren't accessing or can't access Seibertron.com traditionally. People can easily access our news on their cell phones or on Twitter or a variety of means so that we can keep them informed of all of the things going on with the Transformers.
Seibertron
Site Owner
News Credits: 3552
Watch Seibertron on YouTube
Buy from Seibertron on eBay
Alt Mode: Supersonic Cybertronian Jet
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 9
Endurance: 9

Postby Bristleback » Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:38 pm

Motto: "Success didn't spoil me, I've always been a smart arse."
Weapon: Rust Rifle
Damn you and your Facebooktitude, I won't give in, I'll never join one of those sites NEVER!!!!! *runs off into the distance* 8-}
The Autocruds won't know what the slag happen... awww scrap me another rust spot!
Bristleback
Vehicon
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 3
Endurance: 10
Courage: 5
Firepower: 6
Skill: 9

Postby Stormer » Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:50 pm

Motto: "I just want to teleport in, destroy some monsters, damage some property and teleport out."
Having it on Facebook makes it easier for me to check out what's going on when I'm away from my home computer. Trying to navigate the site on my phone is not pretty...
Stormer
Vehicon
Courage: 10+
Skill: 10

Postby Forgotten » Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:00 pm

Motto: ""Give me a piece of break" - my 3 year old son"
Stormer wrote:Having it on Facebook makes it easier for me to check out what's going on when I'm away from my home computer. Trying to navigate the site on my phone is not pretty...

Agreed. I'll continue to use Facebook & Twitter when i'm on the road until we get a Seibertron iApp. HINT HINT (insert gentle nudge) :P
Currently searching for Cybertron Supreme Starscream & G2 Go-Bots Megatron, Complete at good prices. PM if you can help please.
Forgotten
Transmetal Warrior
News Credits: 8
Watch Forgotten on YouTube
Buy from Forgotten on eBay

Postby PROWLERZ » Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:18 pm

:KREMZEEK:
haaaaaaaa...veneva i c an update of seibertron on facebook...i check out seibertron.com 1st and den facebook...

great way of knowin an update...coz dats ver i go 1st ven i log on :grin:

:CON:
PROWLERZ
Mini-Con

Postby Stormer » Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:01 pm

Motto: "I just want to teleport in, destroy some monsters, damage some property and teleport out."
Forgotten wrote:Agreed. I'll continue to use Facebook & Twitter when i'm on the road until we get a Seibertron iApp. HINT HINT (insert gentle nudge) :P

I vote YES!!!!
Stormer
Vehicon

Postby Editor » Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:24 pm

Seibertron wrote:I appreciate your support of the site, though I'd disagree about the usage of Facebook. It's tool that allows people to access Seibertron.com through other manners when they aren't accessing or can't access Seibertron.com traditionally. People can easily access our news on their cell phones or on Twitter or a variety of means so that we can keep them informed of all of the things going on with the Transformers.

Despite a number of issues around here that have occurred over the last few years, Ryan, I have sticked with you, this site, and your plans for expanding into a network of related sites, and I am very proud to be a member of this community and a HMW player.

I don't "disagree" with your view of FB in regards to Seibertron, but I don't "agree" either.

I personally have a large disliking of Facebook and other "social networking" sites with the exception of Twitter for it's basic simplicity. (yes I do follow the twitter feed.) I also, while recognizing that some users do use it for the tool that FB is, that it shouldn't be a replacement for developing a mobile solution for the future of this site. As more people are reaching into mobile internet usage due the growth of iPhones, smart phones and other wifi equipped devices, FB may be good for some aspects but I would rather have an app that would allow for forum and HMW functionality (which I can somewhat use my Motorola DEXT for, but the android browser is overwhelmed by the HMW Mission pages.)

I just feel it would be better for the site to be the one in control of it's mobile future rather than to be at the mercy of FB or another website who's future plans may or may not be compatible with your future plans.
Editor
City Commander
Watch Editor on YouTube
Buy from Editor on eBay

Postby Seibertron » Mon Jul 19, 2010 4:45 pm

Editor wrote:it shouldn't be a replacement for developing a mobile solution for the future of this site

I just feel it would be better for the site to be the one in control of it's mobile future rather than to be at the mercy of FB or another website who's future plans may or may not be compatible with your future plans.

This should make you happy then ...

http://www.seibertron.com/mobile.php

Check out the link on your computer and then on your cell phone. ;)
Seibertron
Site Owner

Postby Editor » Mon Jul 19, 2010 5:11 pm

Seibertron wrote:
http://www.seibertron.com/mobile.php

Check out the link on your computer and then on your cell phone. ;)

I can confirm that the message does show correctly on each of my devices, but I will reserve judgment on happiness, once it is developed beyond that text.

But I am quite glad to see that the steps are indeed being taken. :grin:

[soapbox]now if the HMW mods had access to the game controls once more, I'd have even less to complain about....[/soapbox]
Editor
City Commander
Watch Editor on YouTube
Buy from Editor on eBay

Postby Abraxsis » Mon Jul 19, 2010 7:30 pm

Meh...I'm another one who actually uses his cell phone for what it was intended. Making Calls, and only making calls. Facebook, Twitter, etc is so Fail it's not funny. Do people Really need to see what news is posted when they're out? If the answer is yes, then you need to get an actual life outside of Breaking TF News!
Abraxsis
Minibot

Postby Stormer » Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:49 pm

Abraxsis wrote:Meh...I'm another one who actually uses his cell phone for what it was intended. Making Calls, and only making calls. Facebook, Twitter, etc is so Fail it's not funny. Do people Really need to see what news is posted when they're out? If the answer is yes, then you need to get an actual life outside of Breaking TF News!

Awwwww....I've got a life! I just enjoy playing on the phone once in a while!
Stormer
Vehicon

Postby Editor » Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:02 pm

Abraxsis wrote:Meh...I'm another one who actually uses his cell phone for what it was intended. Making Calls, and only making calls. Facebook, Twitter, etc is so Fail it's not funny.

Technology and society changes and evolves that is just how things work. Heck look at this site it's changed a few times over the last few years.

Abraxsis wrote:Do people Really need to see what news is posted when they're out? If the answer is yes, then you need to get an actual life outside of Breaking TF News!

As for the question of using a phone for more than calls and "actual life". Some of us have quite active lives actually so we can't spend all day in front of a computer living them, but are still wanting to keep apprised of news and other information. I may not like FB or those sites but don't confuse people wanting to keep up to date on their sites (whatever their interests are), with not having lives.
Editor
City Commander
Watch Editor on YouTube
Buy from Editor on eBay

Postby Abraxsis » Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:10 pm

Editor wrote:Technology and society changes and evolves that is just how things work. Heck look at this site it's changed a few times over the last few years.

Abraxsis wrote:Do people Really need to see what news is posted when they're out? If the answer is yes, then you need to get an actual life outside of Breaking TF News!

As for the question of using a phone for more than calls and "actual life". Some of us have quite active lives actually so we can't spend all day in front of a computer living them, but are still wanting to keep apprised of news and other information. I may not like FB or those sites but don't confuse people wanting to keep up to date on their sites (whatever their interests are), with not having lives.

I haven't noticed any real changes over the past few years. But then again I don't pay close attention.

Who said anything about spending all day in front of the pc? I just think it's really ridiculous that if someone is active and busy that they NEED to take the time while outside their homes to check on TF news on a phone. That tells me that they're either way too into TF's and TF news that they can't actually wait to get home to check it out on their pc's. It's not like there's ever going to be something so earth shattering TF news wise that it has to be known immediatly, while in line at the bank or at a restaurant. :BANG_HEAD:
Abraxsis
Minibot

Postby Editor » Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:43 pm

You said you haven't paid attention, but I highly doubt you are not aware that almost all the new models of mobile phones are now so-called "Smart Phones" and proliferation of "netbooks" and "iPads" designed to give people as much constant access to the web and everything else.

Things have changed, just because you may not have noticed (or have cared to notice) doesn't change the facts that cel phones and the ways people use them has altered, and the generalization of "NEED" is wrong if you only belief anyone would "ONLY" use them for TF information.

It's also for most with these devices, not about having to spend every minute regardless of where you are checking every for every tidbit of information to feed a habit. (while for some it might be) Some people have demanding schedules, for which these help.

I personally have had multiple days in a row when I have been up and out the door quite early, working a job where most sites are blocked so even if you have free time you can't check many of them, followed by various meetings or other activities (working out, gaming, shopping, whatever) and just not interested in spending the odd spare hour at home before going to bed to repeat the cycle again the next day, sitting once more at a screen and keyboard.

In cases like that, the technology to review news or whatever article (again not necessarily TF related) while sitting on the bus or train while commuting is quite useful.
Editor
City Commander
Watch Editor on YouTube
Buy from Editor on eBay

Postby Seibertron » Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:52 pm

Abraxsis wrote:
Editor wrote:Technology and society changes and evolves that is just how things work. Heck look at this site it's changed a few times over the last few years.

I haven't noticed any real changes over the past few years. But then again I don't pay close attention.

Who said anything about spending all day in front of the pc? I just think it's really ridiculous that if someone is active and busy that they NEED to take the time while outside their homes to check on TF news on a phone. That tells me that they're either way too into TF's and TF news that they can't actually wait to get home to check it out on their pc's. It's not like there's ever going to be something so earth shattering TF news wise that it has to be known immediatly, while in line at the bank or at a restaurant. :BANG_HEAD:

That's a matter of opinion. Tell that to the people that didn't get into the customizing class at BotCon this year because they didn't see the news immediately. Or the people that tried to buy Counterpunch but missed out. Or plenty of other things that require your immediate attention.

Posting this topic wasn't about having a debate about whether or not you guys think things like Facebook are pointless or not. We gained 237 new Facebook fans in the past 24 hours. Obviously people like having that kind of access to their Transformers information from Seibertron.com.
Seibertron
Site Owner

Postby vectorA3 » Tue Jul 20, 2010 3:33 am

Motto: ""You must journey back farther into the matrix for the answer...""
Weapon: Energo-Sword
Facebok?? Must be a new TF villain.... :P :lol:
"So who needs you spineless plasm-heads anyway?!!" -Astrotrain
vectorA3
Brainmaster
News Credits: 1
Speed: 6
Endurance: 10+
Firepower: 8

Postby Forgotten » Tue Jul 20, 2010 4:59 am

Motto: ""Give me a piece of break" - my 3 year old son"
Uhhm, there's quite a few exclusives that sell out within a matter of hours of going up. I would have missed out on a few that I really wanted had I not been checking Seibertron on my phone. I believe that in itself is more than enough reason to "not have a life & be unable to wait until i'm home to check news." Plus I spend most of my day on the road.
Currently searching for Cybertron Supreme Starscream & G2 Go-Bots Megatron, Complete at good prices. PM if you can help please.
Forgotten
Transmetal Warrior
News Credits: 8
Watch Forgotten on YouTube
Buy from Forgotten on eBay

Postby Counterpunch » Tue Jul 20, 2010 5:59 am

Motto: "Everything I do is divinely sanctioned."
Weapon: Jawbreaker Cannon
Abraxsis wrote:I just think it's really ridiculous that if someone is active and busy that they NEED to take the time while outside their homes to check on TF news on a phone.

Sounds like somebody doesn't have Staff meetings at their job...
Counterpunch
Podcast Host
News Credits: 125
Courage: 9
Skill: 7

Postby Stormer » Tue Jul 20, 2010 6:33 am

Abraxsis wrote:I just think it's really ridiculous that if someone is active and busy that they NEED to take the time while outside their homes to check on TF news on a phone.

AND...(because I've had all night to stew about this) I get plenty done throughout my day, I still lead an active life - hiking, jeeping, motorcycle riding - over and above my regular job and all the other regular stuff I do. So, if I want to know what's going on with TF's when I'm away from my computer at home, well, that's just my business, now isn't it! My phone does a lot more than just makes phone calls - some of it is usefull, some not so much.

You're entitled to your opinion, for sure. If it doesn't fit into your busy lifestyle, that's fine. But don't make attacks on those of us who do enjoy the cheesiness of knowing what's going on with TF's at any given momont - or anything else for that matter.

I like that fact that I can look this stuff up on FB from my phone.

Thank you, and good day!
Stormer
Vehicon

Postby Counterpunch » Wed Jul 21, 2010 6:31 am

Motto: "Everything I do is divinely sanctioned."
Weapon: Jawbreaker Cannon
Stormer wrote:

AND...(because I've had all night to stew about this) I get plenty done throughout my day, I still lead an active life - hiking, jeeping, motorcycle riding - over and above my regular job and all the other regular stuff I do. So, if I want to know what's going on with TF's when I'm away from my computer at home, well, that's just my business, now isn't it! My phone does a lot more than just makes phone calls - some of it is usefull, some not so much.

You're entitled to your opinion, for sure. If it doesn't fit into your busy lifestyle, that's fine. But don't make attacks on those of us who do enjoy the cheesiness of knowing what's going on with TF's at any given momont - or anything else for that matter.

I like that fact that I can look this stuff up on FB from my phone.

Thank you, and good day!

Word up.
Counterpunch
Podcast Host
News Credits: 125
Courage: 9
Skill: 7

Postby Dagon » Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:23 pm

Motto: "Ain't nobody got time fo dat....."
Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
So, we're arguing on a website about getting information from a different website? Lol.

Fan on Facebook, by the way.
Dagon
Faction Commander
Buy from Dagon on eBay
Speed: 2
Endurance: 7

Next

Return to Transformers General Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "STRONGARM Transformers Energon Class + instructions + comic Hasbro 2004 230427B"
STRONGARM Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #28 Marvel Comics 1987 (CA) Akin (W) Budiansky 231010E"
NEW!
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers GENERATION ONE #4 Dreamwave Comics 2004 G1 Ongoing (CA) Figueroa"
Transformers GENER ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers KING GRIMLOCK #3 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2021 AUG210588 3RI (CA) Milne"
Transformers KING ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers WINDBLADE #7 RI 1:10 Vol 2 IDW Comics 2015 (CA) Zama"
Transformers WINDB ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers REIGN STARSCREAM #2 RI-A 1:10 IDW Comics 2008 Movie Sequel 2RIA"
Transformers REIGN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #32 Cvr B IDW Comics 2021 APR210679 32B (CA) Burcham (W) Ruckley"
TRANSFORMERS #32 C ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #9 1st ptg Marvel Comics 1985 (CA) Manley (W) Budiansky 230915B"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #35 Marvel Comics 1987 (W) Budiansky (CA) Springer 231010P"
NEW!
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #39 Cvr A IDW Comics 2022 NOV210455 39A (CA) Milne"
TRANSFORMERS #39 C ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #18 Marvel Comics 1986 (CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 231222F"
NEW!
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers ART TREVOR HUTCHISON #0 All Hail Megatron IDW Comics 2009"
Transformers ART T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS GENERATION 2 #1 Marvel Comics 1993 (W) Furman (CA) Yaniger 230915D"
TRANSFORMERS GENER ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #2 2nd ptg Cvr C Cliffjumper Image Comics 2023 1123IM825 (CA)Howard"
TRANSFORMERS #2 2n ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #346 - Gas Station Jamboree
Twincast / Podcast #346:
"Gas Station Jamboree"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, March 23rd, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Roadtrap" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Barricade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Elita-1" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Repugnus, Dastard, and Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Movie Anniversary Edition Optimus Prime (Amazon Exclusive)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Platinum RID Grimlock and Bumblebee - Exclusive" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Class Motormaster Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Hasbro Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Deluxe Cogman" on AMAZON