This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

SPOILER ALERT: Has Shockwave Been Spotted In Chicago!?!

Discuss anything and everything related to the Transformers Live Action Films franchise, which are directed by Michael Bay. Join us to discuss the movies and stuff up to date with news for the 2017 release of Transformers 5. Check out our Live Action Film section here.

SPOILER ALERT: Has Shockwave Been Spotted In Chicago!?!

Postby DevastaTTor » Mon Jul 19, 2010 7:06 pm

Amongst the carnage that is TF3 filming in Chicago, uruseiranma, a member of the TFW2005 site, has posted an image of what appears to be Shockwave's head several stories in the air. If this is actually our first look at him, we have a lot to look forward to!

Check out the image from TFW2005 and uruseiranma and judge for yourself...

Last edited by DevastaTTor on Mon Jul 19, 2010 7:22 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Check out my BST Sales Thread HERE!

Equal Opportunity Transforming Robot Collector
DevastaTTor
Gestalt
News Credits: 198

Re: SPOILER ALERT: Has Shockwave Been Spotted In Chicago!?!

Postby DevastaTTor » Mon Jul 19, 2010 7:08 pm

Not sure how I double posted this. Disregard.
Check out my BST Sales Thread HERE!

Equal Opportunity Transforming Robot Collector
DevastaTTor
Gestalt
News Credits: 198

Postby zenosaurus_x » Mon Jul 19, 2010 7:26 pm

Weapon: Electron-Scimitars
Looks pretty cool from what I can tell, kinda funny how they just use cardboard heads on sticks to represent TransFormers in the filming scenes...
zenosaurus_x
Headmaster
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 4
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 10+

Postby Roadbuster » Mon Jul 19, 2010 7:50 pm

Liking the cycloptic head. Can't wait to see the body.
Roadbuster
Gestalt Team Leader
News Credits: 6

Postby SlyTF1 » Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:33 pm

Motto: "If my first sacrifice wasn't enough, maybe you would prefer to pay with your funky blood."
Weapon: Sword
Christ, that is awesome! Put THAT up your ass all you peple who said Shockwave would look nothing like G1! Im sorry, but this is too awesome! No one can complain about this!

PS: My neighbor/sister's friend's mom went to chicago for hr job and saw some TF 3 stuff!
Last edited by SlyTF1 on Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I Am.
SlyTF1
Faction Commander
News Credits: 37
Watch SlyTF1 on YouTube
Alt Mode: The entire universe
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 9
Firepower: Infinity

Postby Dclone Soundwave » Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:35 pm

If that's Shockwave, then meh for now. I'd much rather see him have a yellow eye than a red one.
Latest Acquisition(s):
BW Tigatron
BW II Flash Lio Convoy
BW Metals Rampage
BW Neo Big Convoy
BW Neo Magmatron
Dclone Soundwave
Godmaster

Postby CybertronHotShot » Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:39 pm

Motto: ""Keep yours eyes on the enemy to stay ahead of him."-Stormjet,Transformers R.I.D."
Weapon: Ionic Displacer Rifle
Several stories over the ground? Man, he will look huge. I don`t think he transform into a car. :D
Image "Soundwave not so superior."
CybertronHotShot
Minibot
Strength: 6
Speed: 8
Endurance: 6
Courage: 9
Firepower: 6
Skill: 7

Postby Mkall » Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:43 pm

Weapon: Twin Sonic Cannons
You know it'll be bad ass when even the face prop lights up

Discord: Mkall#0376

My Collection! Updated Oct 21, 2022
Mkall
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 402
Strength: 7
Speed: 6
Firepower: 6
Skill: 10

Postby Wheeljack35 » Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:46 pm

Wow at least they got his face somewhat right
Wheeljack35
City Commander
News Credits: 26
Watch Wheeljack35 on YouTube

Postby sabrigami » Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:51 pm

Weapon: Semi-Automatic Rifle
I didn't like the last placeholder head guy's design, but I am digging Shockwave. He's looking kinda boss, and it's just his face! =P~ Can't wait to see the rest of him.
sabrigami
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 2
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 7
Firepower: 7
Skill: 8

Postby Leviathan » Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:53 pm

Motto: "Destuction to all who walk, swim, and fly."
Weapon: Fusion-Powered Particle Blaster
Hope the rest of him looks as good as the head
Leviathan
Micromaster
Strength: ???
Intelligence: ???
Speed: ???
Endurance: ???
Courage: ???
Firepower: ???
Skill: ???

Postby Just Negare » Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:06 pm

Motto: "Who ate all the pies?"
Weapon: Laser Scalpel
Now that is cool.

I hope if it is him, he has teh G1 comic personality not the cartoon, baby-sitting-Cybertron personality.
Something memorable here.
Just Negare
Targetmaster
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 3
Endurance: 8
Firepower: 4
Skill: 9

Postby zenosaurus_x » Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:08 pm

Decepticlone Soundwave wrote:If that's Shockwave, then meh for now. I'd much rather see him have a yellow eye than a red one.

Well, while I do think the design is overall great, the yellow eye would've been cooler and more ShockWavey and more unique overall...
zenosaurus_x
Headmaster

Postby Rated X » Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:15 pm

Motto: ""Assumption is the mother of all screw ups.""
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
Gotta see the body first before complaining about the eye color. It might not be G1, but it might compliment his body color nicely. When did Bay ever care about G1 accuracy ???
Rated X
Banned
Strength: 5
Speed: 2
Endurance: 10
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+

Postby T-Macksimus » Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:46 pm

Ummm...yeah, ok...so, don't you think several of you folks are jumping the gun by a whole lot? How many of the TF's in these movies have heads that look remotely like their G1 counterparts? Yup, none sounds like the same answer I got too. Hell, that could be Sunstreaker or Silverbolt or Ramjet for all we know. Just entirely too soon for any of us to get remotely excited about 1 particular character. And if it is Shockwave, I really can't get into that head design and think everyone else is only seeing what they want to see and not what is actually there. Sorry, but I honestly hope it's not "Old One Eye". He's too darn awesome of a character for them to not pay better tribute to his G1 incarnation.
"That which does not kill me...had better run pretty damn fast!"
T-Macksimus
Gestalt
News Credits: 1

Postby SlyTF1 » Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:52 pm

Motto: "If my first sacrifice wasn't enough, maybe you would prefer to pay with your funky blood."
Weapon: Sword
T-Macksimus wrote:Ummm...yeah, ok...so, don't you think several of you folks are jumping the gun by a whole lot? How many of the TF's in these movies have heads that look remotely like their G1 counterparts? Yup, none sounds like the same answer I got too.

Uhh...Optimus, ROTF Megatron (a more pointy version), Jazz (somewhat with the visors and everything), and Soundwave still has the Decepicon symbol head.

T-Macksimus wrote: And if it is Shockwave, I really can't get into that head design and think everyone else is only seeing what they want to see and not what is actually there. Sorry, but I honestly hope it's not "Old One Eye". He's too darn awesome of a character for them to not pay better tribute to his G1 incarnation.

And how is it possible to pay a better tribute to his G1 incarnation!? Its basically G1 Shockwave with a read eye, you cant get closer than that! I swear to **** you have nothing better to do than to complain.
Last edited by SlyTF1 on Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I Am.
SlyTF1
Faction Commander
News Credits: 37
Watch SlyTF1 on YouTube
Alt Mode: The entire universe
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 10+
Firepower: Infinity

Postby Noideaforaname » Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:55 pm

How'd it get up there? No poles or wires or anything...
"He may end up destroying a nearby planet or two, but such is life."
My Art Website -- Redbubble Shop
Noideaforaname
City Commander
News Credits: 7

Postby Oilspill » Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:15 pm

Noideaforaname wrote:How'd it get up there? No poles or wires or anything...

It's kinda hard to see but there is a pole there.

This is the first interesting piece of news regarding TF3 that I've seen. Looking forward to seeing more of Shockwave.
Oilspill
Transmetal Warrior
News Credits: 5

Postby Desmobot » Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:30 pm

Motto: "Strike hard and without delay, but not without conscience or direction."
Weapon: Battle Blades
GUYS GUYS GUYS! Bay is obviously running low on budget and the only thing he can afford is cardboard cutouts. You will be required to recognize every 'con and 'bot by their head alone. The only catch is that all of their heads are switched with another from the opposite faction. This is clearly the only logical explanation.

But seriously...Soundwave kicks ass. I don't mind a little variation. I think it is important to make different versions of characters over the years to keep things fresh. using G1 designs for 20 years would, does, and has gotten old. Let's mix it up a little but still pay homage to the originals. I like the red eye. While yellow would be a kick ass throw back to the G1, I think the red and purple theme fits the current setting, not to mention Red is a much more eye-catching color than yellow, in my opinion.
Does being an aircraft mechanic make me better at Transforming these things? Sadly, no.

Desmobot
Mini-Con
Buy from Desmobot on eBay
Strength: 5
Firepower: 4

Postby zenosaurus_x » Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:32 pm

SlyTF1 wrote:
T-Macksimus wrote:Ummm...yeah, ok...so, don't you think several of you folks are jumping the gun by a whole lot? How many of the TF's in these movies have heads that look remotely like their G1 counterparts? Yup, none sounds like the same answer I got too.

Uhh...Optimus, ROTF Megatron (a more pointy version), Jazz (somewhat with the visors and everything), and Soundwave still has the Decepicon symbol head.

T-Macksimus wrote: And if it is Shockwave, I really can't get into that head design and think everyone else is only seeing what they want to see and not what is actually there. Sorry, but I honestly hope it's not "Old One Eye". He's too darn awesome of a character for them to not pay better tribute to his G1 incarnation.

And how is it possible to pay a better tribute to his G1 incarnation!? Its basically G1 Shockwave with a read eye, you cant get closer than that! I swear to **** you have nothing better to do than to complain.

Movie one Megatron had a few references as well, well just one, the Flail, but I far preferred his look to the bulky blob look of ROTF...
And yeah, how does it not look like him, they even made him PURPLE! I thought they wouldn't to be "realistic."
zenosaurus_x
Headmaster

Postby Fires_Of_Inferno » Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:41 pm

Motto: "I wish I could hate you to death."
Weapon: Venom Blaster
T-Macksimus wrote:Ummm...yeah, ok...so, don't you think several of you folks are jumping the gun by a whole lot?

I'd agree. While it would be awesome for this to be Shockwave, it could as easily be like a probe, or the head of another character, or a drone Decepticon, or just something thrown up on the set randomly or to jerk us around with mis-information. Still though, it's a pretty sweet design if it is a Shockwave head.

Rated X wrote:When did Bay ever care about G1 accuracy ???

Probably when Hasbro said "Oi, if the fans aren't happy with our franchise, we loose money. We got some new notes here for you explosion boy."

and then Bay said "Explosion boy? That's a little unfair, couldn't you call me something else?"

and then Hasbro said "How about Pearl Harbor?"

Yeah... totally how it went down.
TheLocalBard! My Twitter account: https://twitter.com/TheLocalBard

Groovy
Fires_Of_Inferno
City Commander
News Credits: 18
Alt Mode: Transmetal Insect and Helicopter
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 3
Courage: 7
Firepower: 3

Postby MasterOmegaSupreme89 » Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:38 pm

I would have loved to see if this is in fact Shockwave with the Yellow eye, but instead we get the Motorola Droid look...however Shockwave is probably my favorite Transformer so as long as Bay doesn't completely f my favorite Decepticon up I'll go along with it
MasterOmegaSupreme89
Mini-Con
Buy from MasterOmegaSupreme89 on eBay

Postby Dead Metal » Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:32 am

Motto: "Don't do drugs, beer's cheaper anyway!"
Ether they got the main inspiration from his Animated self as this seems to have a chin and antlers or this might actually be Soundwave as it kinda looks like him. But who ever it is he looks awesome!

Jeep! wrote:Why do I imagine Dead Metal sounding exactly like Arnie?
Intah-wib-buls?

Blurrz wrote:10/10

Leave it to Dead Metal to have the word 'Pronz' in his signature.
Dead Metal
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 767

Postby stealth prime » Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:25 am

Aww i wanted shockwave to have a body not be a floating head well is bays movie he can do what he wants with it.
stealth prime
Mini-Con

Postby SoooTrypticon » Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:44 am

Motto: "If it can't transform into a dinosaur, burn it with lasers."
Weapon: Laser Cannon
Ah, he loooks cool now- but wait.

He will have a total of five lines, much like Megatron, Starscream, Soundwave, or the Fallen. These lines will be written in a style that really has nothing to do with the "character" and could be interchanged with any generic bad-guy, save a few "illogical this" or "illogical that."

Remember how cool Devastator seemed like he could be? Then we got a pile of kibble (and bits) that got blowed up by a military laser gun thing.

I guarantee his body design will be a hot mess. He'll be in only a few minutes of the movie. He will spend that time stomping around growling. He'll probably chase Sam around. And then he will die in a most unspectacular fashion with zero emotional payoff.

I can say this with certainty- because that's how it's all gone down with the other two films, (The Fallen fight, really?), and I can't see them changing up a winning formula now. After all, millions of ticket buyers can't be wrong...
I'm not angry... I just hate most things.
SoooTrypticon
Fuzor
Strength: 10
Endurance: 10
Courage: 10

Next

Return to Transformers Live Action Film Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Rescan OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Rescue Bots Academy Playskool Racing Truck New"
Rescan OPTIMUS PRI ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ARCEE Transformers Bumblebee Plastic Model Kit 73 pcs Trumpeter 2022 New"
ARCEE Transformers ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers Bumblebee 40 ADHESIVE BANDAGES lot w/ 2 packs of 20 Aso Hasbro New"
Transformers Bumbl ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Armada McDonald's Happy Meal Fast Food 2002 230719B"
NEW!
OPTIMUS PRIME Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BUMBLEBEE Transformers Robots In Disguise Warrior Class complete 2015 230615A"
BUMBLEBEE Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Legends of Cybertron complete 2005 Hasbro 211006A"
OPTIMUS PRIME Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BUMBLEBEE A.W.E. STRIKER + STALKER Transformers Collaborative GI Joe 2022 New"
BUMBLEBEE A.W.E. S ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Energize OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Rescue Bots PVC figure 2013 Playskool"
Energize OPTIMUS P ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Happy Meal OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Animated McDonald's Hasbro 2008 211103A"
Happy Meal OPTIMUS ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "FALLEN LEADER OPTIMUS PRIME W/ MATRIX Transformers Super7 Reaction Series 4 New"
FALLEN LEADER OPTI ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Rescan OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Rescue Bots Academy 2020 Racing Truck 2020"
Rescan OPTIMUS PRI ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Cybertron Legends of Cybertron complete 2005 220813A"
OPTIMUS PRIME Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "IRONHIDE Transformers Studio Series 84 Deluxe Bumblebee Hasbro 2022 New"
IRONHIDE Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BUMBLEBEE Transformers ROTF Burger King Fast Food Premium 2011 210930A"
BUMBLEBEE Transfor ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #346 - Gas Station Jamboree
Twincast / Podcast #346:
"Gas Station Jamboree"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, March 23rd, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Misfire and Aimless" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 09 Voyager Class Movie 2 Thundercracker" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Sinnertwin" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Repugnus, Dastard, and Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Snarl" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Titans Return Legends Class Seaspray" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Autobot Ratchet" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Series PK Bruticus Action Figure	B3899" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Autobot Sovereign and Alpha Trion" on AMAZON