This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

New Images of Headrobots Gyro and Blood

Do you love your new Hercules set? Can't get enough of FansProject's items? Upset that you bought a knock off when you thought you were getting an original? Use this forum to tell everyone your thoughts about unlicensed and knock off TF products.

New Images of Headrobots Gyro and Blood

Postby DevastaTTor » Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:29 pm

Third party toy maker Headrobots has updated their website with new images of their upcoming upgrade set for the ROTF Masters of Metalikato two pack featuring Bludgeon and Whirl, repaints of Wreckage and Blackout respectively. These new pictures give us a detailed look at both the new heads and the weapons for each figure. The Bludgeon head features a flip around gimmick similar to Masterpiece Starscream's giving collectors the ability to choose between the classic or comic look. The figure's weapons turn into a cannon add-on for the armored vehicle. For Whirl, the Gyro head upgrade gives the figure an instant G1 makeover and his weapons convert to side mounted guns for the helicopter mode.

To see all the images on Headrobot's site, click: http://headrobots.com/?p=369
Check out my BST Sales Thread HERE!

Equal Opportunity Transforming Robot Collector
DevastaTTor
Gestalt
News Credits: 198

Re: New Images of Headrobots Gyro and Blood

Postby Swiftpaw » Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:43 pm

Wonder if they'll be selling these seperately and/or in a set... More interested in the Whirl stuff than Bludgeon's since I got his voyager version.
Recent Aquisitions:
RTS Special Ops Jazz
RTS Wreck-Gar
FP Warbot Defender
Generations Blurr
Swiftpaw
Vehicon

Postby Mkall » Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:36 pm

Weapon: Twin Sonic Cannons
Swiftpaw wrote:Wonder if they'll be selling these seperately and/or in a set... More interested in the Whirl stuff than Bludgeon's since I got his voyager version.

Me too, though I may get the Bludgeon set for that cannon.

Discord: Mkall#0376

My Collection! Updated Oct 21, 2022
Mkall
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 402
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6
Endurance: 6
Courage: 8
Firepower: 6
Skill: 10

Postby DevastaTTor » Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:44 pm

TRU had this set on sale last week. Maybe I need to pick it up. Worst case, I could sell if if I decide not to buy these. That Bludgeon upgrade is pretty cool though.

DevastaTTor
Gestalt

Postby zer0das » Sat Jul 24, 2010 12:28 am

By far, HeadRobots trumps the ROTF "Bugeyes" Bludgeon.

This is too cool. :CON:
Ebay: audreyandscottltd
zer0das
Mini-Con

Postby --B-- » Sat Jul 24, 2010 4:41 am

Motto: "Doing things my own way and never giving up!"
I picked up the Masters of Metallako set at TRU during the sale, he was already on clearance so I got the set for 9 bucks.

all three look awesome, hopefully the quality will be worth the price.
Check out my sales thread, plenty of Generations, and Reveal the Shield figures for sale!!

generations-rts-deluxes-scouts-and-legends-along-with-voyager-lugnut-for-sale-t78434.php
--B--
Gestalt
News Credits: 5
Buy from --B-- on eBay

Postby Scaleface » Sat Jul 24, 2010 5:59 am

Problem is this version of Bludgeon is supposed to look like the INNER robot, not the shell. He already has an inner robot accurate head! The weapons are a good add on, but the head is not right. I'd buy the set without the head.

I mean compare G1 Bludgeon's head with that of the Deluxe movie toys. It's pretty close.

G1 Bludgeon's head:

Movie Deluxe Bludgeon's head:
Last edited by Scaleface on Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Scaleface
Gestalt
News Credits: 49

Postby cannonfodder4000 » Sat Jul 24, 2010 6:26 am

Motto: "Dey are fools! and dey will dai, like foods!"
Weapon: Right Laser
woah whirl looks like something out of armored core now :lol:
cannonfodder4000
Gestalt Team Leader
News Credits: 17
Watch cannonfodder4000 on YouTube
Strength: 2
Intelligence: 4
Speed: 1
Endurance: 2
Courage: 3
Firepower: 1
Skill: 2

Postby Covenant » Sat Jul 24, 2010 9:18 am

Motto: "Just keep going.."
Weapon: Fusion Cannon
YES! YES! YES! Now THERE'S a Bludgeon I can back! w00t!

And hell, that Whirl ain't bad either. Good thing I picked up that set for the helluva it. Was planning on selling it, but not now. Wonder how high the ebay prices will soar now. :D
Covenant
Combiner
Buy from Covenant on eBay
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 10+
Firepower: 9

Postby Swiftpaw » Sat Jul 24, 2010 10:56 am

DevastaTTor wrote:TRU had this set on sale last week. Maybe I need to pick it up. Worst case, I could sell if if I decide not to buy these. That Bludgeon upgrade is pretty cool though.

I'd picked this pack up on clearance a while back, mainly because I didn't have the remold version of Blackout that was used for Whirl, and the Wreckage mold is pretty neat on its own (and does look better in not-Arctic-Cameo I admit).. Hmm.. good point, that cannon would look nice on it even if you didn't change the heads.

I guess which head you like depends on which one you want to see, that's a good point that Wreckage's head does look more like the 'inner robot' head, while others are designed like the 'undead samurai' head of his pretender shell.
Recent Aquisitions:
RTS Special Ops Jazz
RTS Wreck-Gar
FP Warbot Defender
Generations Blurr
Swiftpaw
Vehicon

Postby Doctor McGrath » Sat Jul 24, 2010 11:39 am

Motto: "This is quick but not quite painless.."
Weapon: Semi-Automatic Glue Gun
Really liking these guys. I'll be picking up Gyro, Blood, and Hothead. Bludgeon looks fantastic. I like Whirl, but giving him guns kind of kills the Metallako story.
El Duque wrote:Quite a firestorm I started here :michaelbay:
Doctor McGrath
Gestalt
News Credits: 5
Buy from Doctor McGrath on eBay
Endurance: 7
Courage: 7
Firepower: 7
Skill: 8

Postby REGIFISHY » Sat Jul 24, 2010 12:08 pm

Weapon: Energy Blades
Kinda makes me wish I had the Master of metallikato set. #-o
REGIFISHY
Micromaster
Watch REGIFISHY on YouTube
Strength: 2
Intelligence: 3
Speed: 4
Courage: 7
Firepower: 3
Skill: 1

Postby Blurrz » Sat Jul 24, 2010 12:15 pm

Motto: "scream drive faster"
Weapon: Electro-Laser Cannon
I knew these would be turning out to be cool, didn't think Blood would be so freaking awesome!
Blurrz
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 1452
Speed: 10
Firepower: 7
Skill: 5

Postby El Duque » Sat Jul 24, 2010 12:32 pm

Motto: "I ain't got time to bleed!"
Weapon: Gattling Gun
This convinces me go pick up one of those clearance Whirl/Bludgeon sets.
El Duque
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 5749

Postby Covenant » Sat Jul 24, 2010 12:38 pm

REGIFISHY wrote:Kinda makes me wish I had the Master of metallikato set. #-o

Find one while you can! Locally or online!

Seriously, with an upgrade kit like this you can expect that two-pack to disappear from bins & shelves, and online prices to jump shortly.
Covenant
Combiner

Postby DevastaTTor » Sat Jul 24, 2010 1:14 pm

Blurrz wrote:I knew these would be turning out to be cool, didn't think Blood would be so freaking awesome!

Agreed. I may pack up the ROTF version and put this one on the shelf instead.

DevastaTTor
Gestalt

Postby Tirade » Sat Jul 24, 2010 1:40 pm

Weapon: Diffraction Sword
Scaleface wrote:Problem is this version of Bludgeon is supposed to look like the INNER robot, not the shell. He alreadt has an inner robot accurate head! The weapons are a good add on, but the head is not right. I'd buy the set without the head.

I mean compare G1 Bludgeon's head with that of the Deluxe movie toys. It's pretty close.

G1 Bludgeon's head:

Movie Bludgeon's head:

I think the HeadRobots upgrade for Bludgeon gives him the best of both worlds. You can have him look like his Pretender Shell for robot mode, but can still keep the tank alternate mode.

Overall, I like the Blood upgrade parts. Unfortunately, I have ZERO interest in the Gyro side of the kit. That movie mold is awful. I'll bet they are only releasing parts for Whirl simply because he is packaged with that Bludgeon. They want to give customers more bang for their buck. Admirable, but utterly pointless.

As for a potential price jump, I don't ever see this 2-pack going for more than $35 on the secondary market. The upgrade kit is nice, but almost every TRU is currently clogged with the set. Even if they do become more scarce, I just don't see the demand. The kit is nice, but rather unnecessary IMO. Most people will pass for a few reasons:

A) He or she already has the Voyager Bludgeon.
B) Whirl's mold doesn't fit with the Classics style like Deluxe Bludgeon. A new head won't change the fact that Whirl uses a bad movie mold.
C) The price for the kit itself. I'm sure it will be reasonable, but I'll bet the kit will go for around $20. Some fans don't want to pay that for a few accessories and a couple of new heads.

EDIT: I wish HeadRobots would focus more on that Iguana HM or another HM related project. I'm far more interested in projects like that. Just look at the Hothead upgrade kit. Fans can't wait to get more info/pictures on that upgrade.
Tirade
Minibot
Buy from Tirade on eBay
Strength: 6
Speed: 7
Courage: 9
Firepower: 5

Postby Covenant » Sat Jul 24, 2010 2:31 pm

Tirade wrote:As for a potential price jump, I don't ever see this 2-pack going for more than $35 on the secondary market. The upgrade kit is nice, but almost every TRU is currently clogged with the set. Even if they do become more scarce, I just don't see the demand. The kit is nice, but rather unnecessary IMO. Most people will pass for a few reasons:

B) Whirl's mold doesn't fit with the Classics style like Deluxe Bludgeon. A new head won't change the fact that Whirl uses a bad movie mold.
C) The price for the kit itself. I'm sure it will be reasonable, but I'll bet the kit will go for around $20. Some fans don't want to pay that for a few accessories and a couple of new heads.

I said the same thing for the Energon-styled combiner set of RotF Bruticus. Sat on my local shelves for who knows how long. Fansprojects announces, next thing you know you can't find find the set within the DFW area. I got stuck paying a very inflated secondary price on that, so did many others. Prior to the Bruticus upgrade I had no interest in the set at all, something I wasn't alone in.

Other than that, let me offer that Voyager Bludgeon isn't some be-all. I rode the hype-train myself only to be severely disappointed, especially with the head mold of the toy. Probably going to be selling it off for whatever I can get next go around on ebay. Hell, Bludgeon's one of the shelfwarmers where I am nowadays. As to Whirl, the original Whirl was an oddball of design in the TF line so to speak, so I don't see the trouble with this take on the character. I know I dig the new look, and I'm more into the Classics/Universe/Generations than the movie items.

Just my two cents.
Covenant
Combiner

Postby Tirade » Sat Jul 24, 2010 2:40 pm

Covenant wrote:
Tirade wrote:As for a potential price jump, I don't ever see this 2-pack going for more than $35 on the secondary market. The upgrade kit is nice, but almost every TRU is currently clogged with the set. Even if they do become more scarce, I just don't see the demand. The kit is nice, but rather unnecessary IMO. Most people will pass for a few reasons:

I said the same thing for the Energon-styled combiner set of RotF Bruticus. Sat on my local shelves for who knows how long. Fansprojects announces, next thing you know you can't find find the set within the DFW area. I got stuck paying a very inflated secondary price on that, so did many others. Prior to the Bruticus upgrade I had no interest in the set at all, something I wasn't alone in.

Other than that, let me offer that Voyager Bludgeon isn't some be-all. I rode the hype-train myself only to be severely disappointed, especially with the head mold of the toy. Probably going to be selling it off for whatever I can get next go around on ebay. Hell, Bludgeon's one of the shelfwarmers where I am nowadays. As to Whirl, the original Whirl was an oddball of design in the TF line so to speak, so I don't see the trouble with this take on the character. I know I dig the new look, and I'm more into the Classics/Universe/Generations than the movie items.

Just my two cents.

Comparing this to RotF Bruticus is a bad comparison. FansProject has created 2 new transforming robots for the set. We aren't just talking about a couple of heads and a few accessories. Heck, I'd argue Bruticus is more iconic than either Whirl or Bludgeon. There is more of a following. To go even further, I think there is a huge following for combiners in general.

As for Voyager Bludgeon, I still think it fills the void for a Samurai Bludgeon. The Deluxe version (combined with this kit) is trying to fill an niche that is already full. Now if HeadRobots decided to release a new, G1 type head for the Voyager mold, the kit might sell somewhat better.

Also, if you are more into the CHUG stuff, then you will probably not like Whirl. He uses Movie Blackout's mold. That is the definition of a movie styled TF. There are not many Classic aspects to him. Giving him a new head and weapons doesn't alter a bad mold.

These kits are nice, but will never rival the demand for FP's Bruticus upgrade, FP's Ultra Magnus upgrade or FP's upcoming Protector set. There justn't isn't that much to this Gryo and Blood upgrade.
Tirade
Minibot
Buy from Tirade on eBay

Postby Scaleface » Sat Jul 24, 2010 3:08 pm

Tirade wrote:
I think the HeadRobots upgrade for Bludgeon gives him the best of both worlds. You can have him look like his Pretender Shell for robot mode, but can still keep the tank alternate mode.

Why would I want a custom that looks like half of one toy, and half of another?

I just need to figure out how to combine the two toys (Deluxer and Voyager) into one big robot now!

BTW - The inner Bludgeon robot had a handgun. Where is that?

Scaleface
Gestalt
News Credits: 49

Postby Tirade » Sat Jul 24, 2010 3:13 pm

Scaleface wrote:
Tirade wrote:

Why would I want a custom that looks like half of one toy, and half of another?

I just need to figure out how to combine the two toys (Deluxer and Voyager) into one big robot now!

BTW - The inner Bludgeon robot had a handgun. Where is that?

If you want to get technical, Voyager Bludgeon is half of one toy and half of another as well. The shell itself never had an alt mode. Just saying.

As for the hand gun, I could not care less. I'd rather have him with swords and daggers. Guns don't seem to fit his character.

EDIT: I don't see the problem in meshing the inner robot look with his shell look. Bludgeon fans recognize his outer shell look. Might as well keep those aesthetics.
Tirade
Minibot
Buy from Tirade on eBay

Postby El Duque » Sat Jul 24, 2010 3:32 pm

Motto: "I ain't got time to bleed!"
Weapon: Gattling Gun
Went by TRU and got the last set they had. It was on clearance and I had a coupon so I ended up getting it for about 15.00.
El Duque
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 5749

Postby Covenant » Sat Jul 24, 2010 3:56 pm

Tirade wrote:Comparing this to RotF Bruticus is a bad comparison. FansProject has created 2 new transforming robots for the set. We aren't just talking about a couple of heads and a few accessories. Heck, I'd argue Bruticus is more iconic than either Whirl or Bludgeon. There is more of a following. To go even further, I think there is a huge following for combiners in general.

Now that's a matter of personal opinion entirely. I still speak to events that happened. True, it's a lesser scale of upgrade, but a fan-catering upgrade none the less.

Tirade wrote:As for Voyager Bludgeon, I still think it fills the void for a Samurai Bludgeon. The Deluxe version (combined with this kit) is trying to fill an niche that is already full.

Okay, it fills it for you, not for myself. And while I won't come close to claiming RotF Bludgeon some FAIL for all, I know I'm not the only one that was disappointed. As for 'a niche that is already full', how do you figure, even if you personally dig Voyager Bludgeon? That's, what, two figures (one requiring an upgrade) released around the same time after how many years of no Bludgeon releases? Best to save that claim for the usual suspects like Megs, Prime, Screamers, etc.

Tirade wrote:Also, if you are more into the CHUG stuff, then you will probably not like Whirl. He uses Movie Blackout's mold. That is the definition of a movie styled TF. There are not many Classic aspects to him. Giving him a new head and weapons doesn't alter a bad mold.

And yet I have both Blackout & Grindor, and just said a couple of times I'm diggin' this Whirl.

Go figure.
Covenant
Combiner

Postby Covenant » Sat Jul 24, 2010 3:56 pm

El Duque wrote:Went by TRU and got the last set they had. It was on clearance and I had a coupon so I ended up getting it for about 15.00.

SCORE! :APPLAUSE:
Covenant
Combiner

Postby Tirade » Sat Jul 24, 2010 4:08 pm

@Covenant

I'm glad you are happy with all aspects of this upgrade. I still think this upgrade kit is a far cry from some of the upgrades offered by FansProject. Heck, I don't even think this upgrade kit can even compare to some of HeadRobots previous or curent work. I think the Cobra and Hothead are far more popular (especially Hothead).

As for the Bruticus upgrade, I think the facts speak for themselves. That upgrade includes 2 new transforming robots that are classics styled (Swindle and Blastoff). This Gyro and Blood one does not. Doesn't even include a transformable headmaster. That's a huge difference in my book. Also, I'd like to know whom this upgrade is catering to. Before this was announced, I didn't exactly hear a rallying cry for another Samurai Bludgeon or Classics Whirl. Fans of the Energon combiners have wanted more stable combiners ever since they were released. There has been a clear demand for a long time now. Can't say that for the Gyro and Blood upgrade.

In regards to your dislike for Voyager Bludgeon, I sympathize. There are aspects I don't like about that mold. However, a majority of people seem to be very satisfied with him. Heck, after the news of this Gyro/Blood kit was announced, the one big question was this: does the kit come with a new head for Voyager Bludgeon? That's all I have read regarding the kit over at TFW2005.

EDIT: In the end, I just don't see the market for this upgrade. I'd argue there's more of a demand for Venksta's Skyfall kit.
Tirade
Minibot
Buy from Tirade on eBay

Next

Return to Unlicensed and KO Transformers Toys

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATMAN #130 Cvr E 1:25 DC Comics 2022 OCT223307 130E (W) Zdarsky (CA) Braga"
BATMAN #130 Cvr E ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Batman BRAVE AND BOLD #2 Cvr D 1:25 DC Comics 2023 0423DC018 2D (CA) Schmidt"
Batman BRAVE AND B ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DETECTIVE COMICS #1067 Cvr B DC Comics 2022 OCT223310 1067B (CA) Lee + More"
DETECTIVE COMICS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SUPERMAN #3 Cvr F DC Comics 2023 0223DC024 3F (W) Williamson (CA) Rude"
SUPERMAN #3 Cvr F ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Superman MAN OF STEEL #44 DC Comics 1995 (A/CA) Bogdanove (W) Simonson 200610A"
Superman MAN OF ST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DEATHBLOW #1 DC Comics 2006 (CA) Platt (W) Azzarello (A) D'Anda 240317A"
NEW!
DEATHBLOW #1 DC Co ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DETECTIVE COMICS #411 Facsimile Cvr A DC Comics 2024 ptg 0124DC161 (CA) Adams"
NEW!
DETECTIVE COMICS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATMAN #133 Cvr A DC Comics 2023 JAN233263 133A (W) Zdarsky (CA) Jimenez"
BATMAN #133 Cvr A ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATMAN #5 Facsimile Cvr A DC Comics 2023 ptg 0923DC268 5A (CA) Kane (W) Finger"
BATMAN #5 Facsimil ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATMAN #143 Cvr F DC Comics 2024 1223DC011 143F (CA) Subic (W) Zdarsky"
BATMAN #143 Cvr F ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SUPERMAN #5 Cvr C DC Comics 2023 0423DC044 5C (W) Williamson (CA) Fornes"
SUPERMAN #5 Cvr C ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ACTION COMICS #1054 Cvr C Superman DC Comics 2023 0223DC030 1054C (CA) Talaski"
ACTION COMICS #105 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SUPERMAN #2 Cvr D DC Comics 2023 JAN233227 2D (W) Williamson (CA) Meyers"
SUPERMAN #2 Cvr D ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SUPERMAN #3 Cvr C DC Comics 2023 0223DC021 3C (W) Williamson (CA) Mattina"
SUPERMAN #3 Cvr C ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Battleslash" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Moonracer" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Legends Class Laserbeak" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Robots in Disguise Combiner Force Legion Autobot Twinferno" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Protectobot Blades Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Robots in Disguise Combiner Force 1-Step Changer Soundwave" on AMAZON