This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

SDCC 2010 IDW Comics Presentation

Discuss anything about the Transformers cartoons and comics! You can discuss anything from G1 to Cybertron as well as the comics from Marvel, Dreamwave, IDW and more!

SDCC 2010 IDW Comics Presentation

Postby Tigertrack » Sat Jul 24, 2010 6:56 am

Motto: "A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination."
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
Seibertron.com's staff member Supreme Convoy was up close and personal, sitting in the front row of IDW's comic's panel at SDCC 2010. He sent us some highlights that pertain to the company's Transformers comics plans in the near future.

**Expect some spoilers!!!**

"TRANSFORMERS ONGOING #13 is a stand alone story starring Hot Rod. "Hot Rod in spaaaaaaaace!" Drawn by Nick Roche.

#14 through #18 is a Decepticon arc with Don Fig on art. Mike Costa says, "It should be good. The Decepticons do a lot of damage." Yay!

DRIFT
In addition to Drift's origin, Lockdown will be introduced. IDW wants to introduce characters that have never appeared in books before like Dai Atlas.

WRECKERS
The upcoming paperback collection will have bonus materials like a prose short story.

MOVIE UNIVERSE
Sector 7 book will cover the simmons family."

Some new tidbits there, compared to what we heard at the Botcon panel.

Andy Schmidt- TF Editor IDW- SDCC 2010

IDW Creators SDCC 2010

Seibertron.com for all of your Transformers news and resource needs.

Vector Sigma Database
Comprehensive Photo Galleries
Most Recent Transformers News
Tigertrack
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 1082
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 7
Endurance: 7
Courage: 9
Firepower: 8
Skill: 10

Re: SDCC 2010 IDW Comics Presentation

Postby Tigertrack » Sat Jul 24, 2010 8:57 am

Oh, a little FYI for you guys that some of us will be happy to see:

- Andy Schmidt (IDW Editor) mentioned that they will try to keep a more steady art style for the ongoing series. Not mention as to which art style that might be, but apparently Don Figueroa will be toning down certain elements of his current style due to fan dislike
Tigertrack
Matrix Keeper

Postby Zeonic_Miko » Sat Jul 24, 2010 9:10 am

Weapon: Slingshot
tigertracks 24 wrote:Oh, a little FYI for you guys that some of us will be happy to see:

- Andy Schmidt (IDW Editor) mentioned that they will try to keep a more steady art style for the ongoing series. Not mention as to which art style that might be, but apparently Don Figueroa will be toning down certain elements of his current style due to fan dislike

Personally I sincerely hope the skeleton faces are a thing of the past, no one seemed to be able to convey emotion it was rather off-putting to me.

On a positive note Decepticons doing what they do best? Heck yes! :CON:
Zeonic_Miko
Mini-Con
Strength: 3
Endurance: 5
Courage: 8
Firepower: 6
Skill: 8

Postby Blurrz » Sat Jul 24, 2010 12:17 pm

Motto: "scream drive faster"
Weapon: Electro-Laser Cannon
I'm guessing the Wreckers TPB will have this Prose in it..

http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/ ... ots/18968/
Blurrz
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 1452
Strength: 7
Speed: 10
Endurance: 6
Firepower: 7
Skill: 5

Postby Darth Bombshell » Sat Jul 24, 2010 1:01 pm

Motto: "Insanity is a state of mind, and I have a home there."
Weapon: Cerebro-Shell Launcher
tigertracks 24 wrote:Oh, a little FYI for you guys that some of us will be happy to see:

That's nice and all, but if they really wanted to appease the fans, they'd kick Costa off the writing duties and put someone in who can actually, you know, write.

Till they do that, they aren't really listening to the fans at all.

Blurrz wrote:I'm guessing the Wreckers TPB will have this Prose in it..

http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/ ... ots/18968/

I said it before. I will say it again. If that is in the TPB, Roche and Roberts owe me $20.

tigertracks 24 wrote:
"TRANSFORMERS ONGOING #13 is a stand alone story starring Hot Rod. "Hot Rod in spaaaaaaaace!" Drawn by Nick Roche.

Just what we needed. More Twilight-esque angst from Hot Rod. (Boy, I hope my sarcasm is coming through...)

tigertracks 24 wrote:DRIFT
In addition to Drift's origin, Lockdown will be introduced. IDW wants to introduce characters that have never appeared in books before like Dai Atlas.

So, not content with defecating all over the G1 'verse, Costa seems intent on destroying one of the few good things to have come out of TF lately. [i]Terrific.

Oh, and Dai Atlas has appeared in comic form before, so not only is he a no-talent, he's also a liar.
Darth Bombshell
Gestalt
News Credits: 487
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 5
Skill: 7

Postby sabrigami » Sat Jul 24, 2010 4:24 pm

Weapon: Semi-Automatic Rifle
tigertracks 24 wrote:Seibertron.com's staff member Supreme Convoy was up close and personal, sitting in the front row of IDW's comic's panel at SDCC 2010. He sent us some highlights that pertain to the company's Transformers comics plans in the near future.

**Expect some spoilers!!!**

[i]"TRANSFORMERS ONGOING #13 is a stand alone story starring Hot Rod. "Hot Rod in spaaaaaaaace!" Drawn by Nick Roche.

#14 through #18 is a Decepticon arc with Don Fig on art. Mike Costa says, "It should be good. The Decepticons do a lot of damage." Yay!

DRIFT

WRECKERS
The upcoming paperback collection will have bonus materials like a prose short story.

Vector Sigma Database
Comprehensive Photo Galleries
Most Recent Transformers News

So, #14-18 is going to be like issue #9? All action-ey? Great, just when I though the comics couldn't get any more sparse :BANG_HEAD: I have to chime in and agree with the crowd and pray that Costa will be re-assigned. These prospects fill me with little hope that they will be worth my time or money, which is sad cause I'm easy to please. Call me when Roche or Roberts come back.

As for the Drift mini, I guess it could be alright. McCarthy at least fills an issue a little bit more than Costa does. I'm still not very fond of him though after what he did to Sunny. His total disregard for the chars or the continuity kinda makes me put him on par with Costa.

At least I still have the Marvel/UK stuff to go through. Now those were comics :x
sabrigami
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 2
Strength: 4
Speed: 8
Endurance: 9

Postby Tigertrack » Sat Jul 24, 2010 5:02 pm

Costa does a swell job on GI JOE: Cobra.
Tigertrack
Matrix Keeper

Postby sabrigami » Sat Jul 24, 2010 7:23 pm

Weapon: Semi-Automatic Rifle
tigertracks 24 wrote:Costa does a swell job on GI JOE: Cobra.

So I've heard. I wonder why he does such a poor job on TF though :???:
sabrigami
Headmaster Jr
Strength: 4
Endurance: 9

Postby Darth Bombshell » Sun Jul 25, 2010 9:38 am

And that's revelant to his work on TF how?

sabrigami wrote:I wonder why he does such a poor job on TF though :???:

Same reason McCarthy did: didn't know about the franchise before he worked on it; didn't care enough to learn about the franchise before he worked on it; just decided to do whatever the hell he flippin' felt like, with no one apparently editing the thing being able to say "No, don't."
Darth Bombshell
Gestalt

Postby Tigertrack » Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:18 am

Darth Bombshell wrote:

And that's revelant to his work on TF how?

Because he can write, does know how to set up a series, mini or otherwise, and can deal with multiple characters, both good and bad, both new and old. Characters that have a long recognizable and accepted history.

Wake up on the wrong side of the bed? ;)
Tigertrack
Matrix Keeper

Postby Doctor McGrath » Sun Jul 25, 2010 4:42 pm

Motto: "This is quick but not quite painless.."
Weapon: Semi-Automatic Glue Gun
I'm looking forward to seeing where they go with Hot Rod and what the significance of him leaving Earth will be.

The Decepticon arc...ehh.

I have to say, I don't know much about Drift, so i don't love him or hate him. But, after getting the toy, I do want to give this Spotlight a chance.

The Wreckers paperback is a must have.
El Duque wrote:Quite a firestorm I started here :michaelbay:
Doctor McGrath
Gestalt
News Credits: 5
Buy from Doctor McGrath on eBay
Intelligence: 9
Courage: 7

Postby Darth Bombshell » Sun Jul 25, 2010 5:22 pm

tigertracks 24 wrote:Wake up on the wrong side of the bed? ;)

No, I just have a presistent irk about how Costa is mucking up the IDW G1 'verse.
Darth Bombshell
Gestalt

Postby Cyberstrike » Sun Jul 25, 2010 7:18 pm

Motto: "I don't lose, I CONQUER!"
Weapon: Electro-Sword
Darth Bombshell wrote:
tigertracks 24 wrote:Wake up on the wrong side of the bed? ;)

No, I just have a presistent irk about how Costa is mucking up the IDW G1 'verse.

*yawn*

I'm too tired right now to get into another debate/flamewar over this subject.

So how about this: now we can go round and around on this subject again, but what's the point? We both know that no one here is going to change your mind, just like no one here is going to change my mind on this.

But I do have some great advice for you DB and anyone else here that doesn't like the any of the comics, if you don't like it then do yourself a big favor and don't buy it.

For example: I don't like anything from DC right now so I buy anything from them. I don't waste my money, time, and energy (i.e. my life) on crap that I don't enjoy. If and when IDW reboots the series again, (and chances are they will) try it again and maybe that will be more to your liking, but man stop wasting your life on something you don't enjoy that is IMHO just plain stupid.
Cyberstrike
Headmaster
Watch Cyberstrike on YouTube
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 9
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Courage: 10+
Skill: 5

Postby partholon » Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:39 am

is it just me or does it feel like IDW dont give a monkeys about the TF universe anymore ?

i cant help thinking its not been a priorty to them since chris has taken a back seat. certainly editorial is all over the place.

it almost feels like theyre TRYING to lose the liscence.

i mean this is the san deigo comicon and we get what ?

practically a big fat nothing.
partholon
Headmaster Jr

Postby Loki God Of Mischief » Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:11 pm

I think the reason I hate Shane so much as a writer is that not only does he not give a **** about previous canon or continuity, but someone once defended him by saying that "The Drift mini should be good because Shane finally gets to write something he enjoys." That's where I stopped reading their arguement. I'm sorry, but if you don't enjoy what you write and it's just a paycheck to you then my hack radar goes off. Of course he likes writing Drift, he helped to create that terrible cashcow.

It's best to assume every link I post is NSFW, and every post I make is just me taking the piss.
Loki God Of Mischief
Brainmaster

Postby Darth Bombshell » Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:00 am

Loki God Of Mischief wrote:I think the reason I hate Shane so much as a writer is that not only does he not give a **** about previous canon or continuity, but someone once defended him by saying that "The Drift mini should be good because Shane finally gets to write something he enjoys." That's where I stopped reading their arguement. I'm sorry, but if you don't enjoy what you write and it's just a paycheck to you then my hack radar goes off. Of course he likes writing Drift, he helped to create that terrible cashcow.

This. Absolutely this.
Darth Bombshell
Gestalt

Return to Transformers Cartoons and Comics Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATGIRL #56 DC Comics 2004 (CA) Jean (W) Horrocks (A) Huddleston 230915A"
BATGIRL #56 DC Com ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATMAN #137 Cvr E Hispanic Heritage DC Comics 2023 0723DC020 137E (CA)Villalobos"
BATMAN #137 Cvr E ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ACTION COMICS #1054 Cvr A Superman DC Comics 2023 0223DC028 1054A (CA) Beach"
ACTION COMICS #105 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Batman Santa Claus SILENT KNIGHT #1 Cvr F 1:50 DC Comics 0923DC051 1F (CA) Ra"
Batman Santa Claus ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DETECTIVE COMICS #609 DC Comics 1989 (A/CA) Breyfogle (W) Grant 230915A"
DETECTIVE COMICS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ACTION COMICS #1053 Cvr C Superman DC Comics 2023 JAN233234 1053C (CA) Weeks"
ACTION COMICS #105 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATMAN #131 Cvr A DC Comics 2023 NOV223375 131A (W) Zdarsky (CA) Jimenez 231117A"
BATMAN #131 Cvr A ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATMAN #136 Cvr C DC Comics 2023 0423DC003 136C (W) Zdarsky (CA) Dell'Otto"
BATMAN #136 Cvr C ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DOOM PATROL #99 Facsimile DC Comics 2023 0923DC271 (W) Drake (A/CA) Brown"
DOOM PATROL #99 Fa ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BAT-MAN FIRST KNIGHT #1 Cvr D 1:25 DC Comics 1223DC179 1D (CA) Phillips"
NEW!
BAT-MAN FIRST KNIG ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATMAN #136 Cvr G 1:50 foil DC Comics 0423DC007 136G (CA) Artgerm (W) Zdarsky"
BATMAN #136 Cvr G ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DETECTIVE COMICS #1070 Cvr D DC Comics 2023 0123DC059 1070D (CA) Moore"
DETECTIVE COMICS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATMAN #131 2nd ptg DC Comics 2023 DEC228303 (W) Zdarsky (CA) Jimenez"
BATMAN #131 2nd pt ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DETECTIVE COMICS #687 DC Comics 1995 (A/CA) Nolan (W) Dixon 230915A"
DETECTIVE COMICS # ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #346 - Gas Station Jamboree
Twincast / Podcast #346:
"Gas Station Jamboree"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, March 23rd, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Roadtrap" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Unicronus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 09 Voyager Class Movie 2 Thundercracker" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Rippersnapper" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Sludge" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Soundwave Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Dead End Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Optimus Prime Voice Changer Helmet" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Deluxe Titans Return Autobots Throttle and Breakaway Action Figure" on AMAZON