This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

First In-Package Image of Challenge at Cybertron Set

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

First In-Package Image of Challenge at Cybertron Set

Postby Nekoman » Sun Jul 25, 2010 8:19 pm

Motto: "Think for yourself, and think hard."
Weapon: Star Saber Sword
The Rodimus, Cyclonus, and Galvatron we'd seen earlier have been confirmed as apart of a three-pack dubbed "Challenge at Cybertron". This set is also apart of the old Universe toy line from 2008, perhaps implying it is to be sold as a foreign market exclusive (as Hasbro has done with older labels in the past). To view the image from HK-TF scroll down:

Nekoman
Gestalt
News Credits: 387
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: ???
Speed: 1
Endurance: 1
Courage: N/A
Firepower: 10
Skill: N/A

Re: First In-Package Image of Challenge at Cybertron Set

Postby Overcracker » Sun Jul 25, 2010 8:25 pm

Motto: "Collecting little transforming action figures is the right of all sentient Geeks."
Weapon: Indepentently Targetable Particle Beam Cannons
Hmm interesting. If it is indeed for a Non U.S. market , I can see this being a Sam's or Costco deal. Usually 3 packs like this are.

Last 3 pack I saw was 2 Universe Deluxe figures plus one ROTF Scout. I got Cyclonus, Dinobot, and ROTF Toaster boy: Ejector.
Check the Collection Manager Updates at the thread in the General discussion forum.
TF Search Website First Beta is now up. Click this link!
Beast Wars complete, Beast Machines almost done.
Last Update: March 14, 2024:
Now holding 1000!!! figures and 2310 releases of figures. Please check forum post above
Overcracker
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 5
Watch Overcracker on YouTube
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 9
Courage: 9
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 10

Postby gigazarak » Sun Jul 25, 2010 8:44 pm

Motto: "Bear witness!"
Cyclonus and Rodimus in this set are great toys, but Galvatron is just a real disappointment, lots of promise wasted if you ask me. If I didn't have them all separately already, this would be a good set to buy. As it is...
gigazarak
Minibot
News Credits: 1
Intelligence: 7
Courage: 7
Firepower: 2
Skill: 6

Postby Trikeboy » Sun Jul 25, 2010 8:45 pm

Does the box art amuse anyone else? Galvatron is towering over Cyclonus on the box art while, in reality, Cyclonus is the taller figure. I still can't get passed the painted windows on Rodimus and now I see his gun has a painted flame. This guy will be going straight into the Protector armor while my Classics Rodimus stays as Hot Rod.
Watch the first of my youtube series, Friends Transform.

Trikeboy
Brainmaster
News Credits: 10

Postby Loki God Of Mischief » Sun Jul 25, 2010 8:53 pm

Trikeboy wrote:Does the box art amuse anyone else? Galvatron is towering over Cyclonus on the box art while, in reality, Cyclonus is the taller figure. I still can't get passed the painted windows on Rodimus and now I see his gun has a painted flame. This guy will be going straight into the Protector armor while my Classics Rodimus stays as Hot Rod.

Cyclonus is taller in the fiction too. He's meant to be tall and imposing.

It's best to assume every link I post is NSFW, and every post I make is just me taking the piss.
Loki God Of Mischief
Brainmaster

Postby gigazarak » Sun Jul 25, 2010 8:55 pm

Motto: "Bear witness!"
Trikeboy wrote:Does the box art amuse anyone else? Galvatron is towering over Cyclonus on the box art while, in reality, Cyclonus is the taller figure. I still can't get passed the painted windows on Rodimus and now I see his gun has a painted flame. This guy will be going straight into the Protector armor while my Classics Rodimus stays as Hot Rod.

Yeah it is weird about the box art... it's also the wrong way around (or the position of the toys in the box is wrong...)

The protector armour is actually a good reason to buy this! Oh no... now I HAVE to buy it!

How awesome does the Protector armour look!?

Damn thats cool...

If the set came with the armour... Why don't Hasbro do this? It's surely not THAT expensive to do what FansProject are doing? Or just license the thing from them already!

Anyone know if any of the third party companies have done this before? Tried to make thier products officially licensed by Hasbro? Just curious...
gigazarak
Minibot
Firepower: 2

Postby DaiShanPrime » Sun Jul 25, 2010 8:56 pm

Motto: ""Baa weep grahna weep ninny bong?""
Weapon: Energon Crossbow
This being released here in the U.S.? If so, when?
Sari Sumdac telling Optimus Prime what human reproduction is.
DaiShanPrime
Minibot
Buy from DaiShanPrime on eBay
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 5
Endurance: 8
Courage: 10
Firepower: 7

Postby grimdragon2001 » Sun Jul 25, 2010 9:12 pm

Motto: "Battle is my addiction."
Weapon: Particle Beam Cannon
already preordered this set. ill be sad if i do see it at Sam's Club tho since i know it'll be cheaper than what i paid for it
grimdragon2001
Godmaster
News Credits: 13
Watch grimdragon2001 on YouTube
Buy from grimdragon2001 on eBay

Postby Naked Magnus » Sun Jul 25, 2010 9:15 pm

Finally! They got the colors on Cyclonus right!!! :APPLAUSE:
Naked Magnus
Headmaster Jr

Postby Naked Magnus » Sun Jul 25, 2010 9:21 pm

grimdragon2001 wrote:already preordered this set. ill be sad if i do see it at Sam's Club tho since i know it'll be cheaper than what i paid for it

Where did you pre-order?

I am thinking this will not be released in the US, as Cyclonus' gun is chrome and Hasbro tends not to do that.
Naked Magnus
Headmaster Jr

Postby Bumblevivisector » Sun Jul 25, 2010 9:23 pm

The last universe 3-pack I saw was in a 'Family Dollar' store; Scattorshot, Undermine, and Ransack IIRC. They still had some Energon gestallt leaders in deluxe universe packaging and the same 4-packs of insect-bots and double-combiner aircraft that Big Lots carries alongside them; all gone now, but this was just a couple months ago. They still have those Laser Cycle and Cyberjet KOs in RM Victory Saber packaging though.

But even those 3 Cybertron scouts in 1 box seemed a bit rich for a dollar store, so this set likely won't end up there. Still, in 1999 I found Machine Wars Optimus Prime in a 'SAV-A-LOT FOOD' for $10.00, so stranger things have happened. The Universe label is basically a license for legit TFs to turn up ANYWHERE, even the realm of KOs, so everyone keep your eyes peeled!

I'll go on record as saying I actually like Hot Rod's stab at a 'toon look, but a more Henkei-esque Cyclonus is reason enough to hunt this down! The real H-Cyc has gotten even pricier than SG Cyclonus or Credit-Card Strafe!

(Off topic, but to see Henkei Strafe get animated, search for "Transformers Chile" on Youtube to see him help Megatron attack Op's shipment of TF tennis shoes - seriously!)
Bumblevivisector
Godmaster
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Endurance: 5
Firepower: 9

Postby Trikeboy » Sun Jul 25, 2010 9:44 pm

Bumblevivisector wrote:The last universe 3-pack I saw was in a 'Family Dollar' store; Scattorshot, Undermine, and Ransack IIRC. They still had some Energon gestallt leaders in deluxe universe packaging and the same 4-packs of insect-bots and double-combiner aircraft that Big Lots carries alongside them; all gone now, but this was just a couple months ago. They still have those Laser Cycle and Cyberjet KOs in RM Victory Saber packaging though.

But even those 3 Cybertron scouts in 1 box seemed a bit rich for a dollar store, so this set likely won't end up there. Still, in 1999 I found Machine Wars Optimus Prime in a 'SAV-A-LOT FOOD' for $10.00, so stranger things have happened. The Universe label is basically a license for legit TFs to turn up ANYWHERE, even the realm of KOs, so everyone keep your eyes peeled!

I'll go on record as saying I actually like Hot Rod's stab at a 'toon look, but a more Henkei-esque Cyclonus is reason enough to hunt this down! The real H-Cyc has gotten even pricier than SG Cyclonus or Credit-Card Strafe!

(Off topic, but to see Henkei Strafe get animated, search for "Transformers Chile" on Youtube to see him help Megatron attack Op's shipment of TF tennis shoes - seriously!)

Off topic, I saw the Cybertron scouts but they were £30 for the set. A bit too expensive for the set in my opinion. I found an Alternator's Jaguar Ravage (beast mode) for £5 at retail, about two years after the toys were officially off the shelves. That was a happy day :D

Trikeboy
Brainmaster

Postby grimdragon2001 » Sun Jul 25, 2010 9:50 pm

revengeofstarscream wrote:
grimdragon2001 wrote:already preordered this set. ill be sad if i do see it at Sam's Club tho since i know it'll be cheaper than what i paid for it

Where did you pre-order?

I am thinking this will not be released in the US, as Cyclonus' gun is chrome and Hasbro tends not to do that.

I pre-ordered from robotkingdom.com, but you can also pre-order at BBTS and TFSource
grimdragon2001
Godmaster

Postby Mindmaster » Sun Jul 25, 2010 9:54 pm

Motto: "For I have dipped my hands in muddied waters, and, withdrawing them, find 'tis better to be a commander than a common man!"
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
Please be a Wal-Mart or Toys "R" Us exclusive... Please be be a Wal-Mart or Toys "R" Us exclusive... Please be a Wal-Mart or Toys "R" Us exclusive... :PRAY: :PRAY: :PRAY:

The reason why I say this is because when the Superion and Bruticus 5-packs were released at Target, I never found the Bruticus. I did see a couple of Superions, but I already had the complete Energon version. Shame on you, Target. Shame on you......
They call me “Tanker Chungus”!

Va'al wrote:I keep track of everyone. Backwards.
There are atandarfs to maintain.

LOST Cybertronian wrote:Hey, If Mindmaster survived then you should do just fine.
Mindmaster
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 251
Watch Mindmaster on YouTube
Alt Mode: Cybertronian Jet
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Courage: 8
Firepower: 6
Skill: 9

Postby Mindmaster » Sun Jul 25, 2010 9:56 pm

Motto: "For I have dipped my hands in muddied waters, and, withdrawing them, find 'tis better to be a commander than a common man!"
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword

Where did you pre-order?

It's been stated a lot of times that it will have an American release. Again, please be either Wal-Mart or Toys "R" Us.......
They call me “Tanker Chungus”!

Va'al wrote:I keep track of everyone. Backwards.
There are atandarfs to maintain.

LOST Cybertronian wrote:Hey, If Mindmaster survived then you should do just fine.
Mindmaster
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 251
Watch Mindmaster on YouTube
Alt Mode: Cybertronian Jet

Postby grimdragon2001 » Sun Jul 25, 2010 10:08 pm

Mindmaster wrote:

Where did you pre-order?

It's been stated a lot of times that it will have an American release. Again, please be either Wal-Mart or Toys "R" Us.......

if it is, the store it would be exclusive to has yet to put thier "only at" sticker on it. so odds are if it is coming to the US, its a warehouse (Sam's Club, Costco, Bjs) exclusive
grimdragon2001
Godmaster

Postby Mkall » Sun Jul 25, 2010 10:23 pm

Weapon: Twin Sonic Cannons
Mindmaster wrote:

Where did you pre-order?

People keep saying that, but I've never seen anyone "in the know" actually stake their rep on it, always using the word rumour or something similar when referring to a US release.

Now that I see that they're using the old Universe-style packaging, I'm not so sure anymore...

Discord: Mkall#0376

My Collection! Updated Oct 21, 2022
Mkall
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 402
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Endurance: 6
Skill: 10

Postby Dead Metal » Sun Jul 25, 2010 10:55 pm

Motto: "Don't do drugs, beer's cheaper anyway!"
F**k it's an asian market exclusive luckily there is robotkingdom.

Jeep! wrote:Why do I imagine Dead Metal sounding exactly like Arnie?
Intah-wib-buls?

Blurrz wrote:10/10

Leave it to Dead Metal to have the word 'Pronz' in his signature.
Dead Metal
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 767

Postby DinoMight90 » Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:34 pm

Motto: "Might is right."
Weapon: Battle Blades
The only things I'm wondering about are 1) is Rodimus gonna be too light of a red for the Protector armor? - since the classics version seems like more a dark red. and 2) does Rodimus have flames on his chestplate or not? Because it looks like he does, but at the same time it doesn't. Just saying.
:BOT:
DinoMight90
Mini-Con
Strength: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Courage: 6
Firepower: 8

Postby Pretender Skywarp » Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:07 am

In regards to a US release, Hasbro were still putting Universe branded stuff out thru ROTF as exclusives, so there may be hope yet. Failing that they *might* change the packaging in the same vein as ROTF-Superion & Bruticus.

The last "International" multipacks I can recall were the Classics Op & Magnus along with the Jetfire & Grimlock, but they had no deco changes.

If would seem an awful lot of trouble to repaint these figures if they don't.
Pretender Skywarp
Headmaster
News Credits: 36

Postby Chaoslock » Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:13 am

Weapon: Reciprocating Laser Cannon
gigazarak wrote:

Yeah it is weird about the box art... it's also the wrong way around (or the position of the toys in the box is wrong...)

The protector armour is actually a good reason to buy this! Oh no... now I HAVE to buy it!

Damn thats cool...

If the set came with the armour... Why don't Hasbro do this? It's surely not THAT expensive to do what FansProject are doing? Or just license the thing from them already!

Anyone know if any of the third party companies have done this before? Tried to make thier products officially licensed by Hasbro? Just curious...

The protector armour will be pointless once Takara reveals MP Rodimus.
GENERATION 1: THE EPIC ORIGINS! -Hasbro

"Autobots, Buster Witwicky killed Primus. Kill on sight!" - broadcast from Urban Dead

Psychout wrote:Never, ever take the internet seriously, especially not when its on a website dedicated to giant cartoon robots from outer space.
Chaoslock
Faction Commander
News Credits: 7
Strength: Infinity
Speed: 7
Courage: 9
Firepower: 7
Skill: 7

Postby Trikeboy » Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:24 am

Chaoslock wrote:
gigazarak wrote:

Damn thats cool...

The protector armour will be pointless once Takara reveals MP Rodimus.

Why, will the Masterpiece trailer be compatible with Classics Rodimus? Will it fit in, size wise, with the rest of the Classics/Universe/Generations toys?

Trikeboy
Brainmaster

Postby Valandar » Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:42 am

Motto: "It doesn't matter if the glass is half full or half empty, only that you work to make it full."
All I know is, if I see it in a US store, I'm getting it, because:

1 ) Toon color Cyclonus

2 ) The canopy to my Rodimus is no longer attached thanks to a botched attempt at the mod that lets said canopy open. It will hang on in static or forward-leaning poses, or in car mode, but the hinge is noticeably partially melted and any really dynamic pose it won't stay on for anything.
Valandar
Gestalt
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 10
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 9

Postby Razorclaw0000 » Mon Jul 26, 2010 6:30 am

Motto: "Know that I am Razorclaw, that my reality is not yours, and while I share Tigerhawk's dual Spark and Vok heritage...
I am NOT he!"
Weapon: Ion Particle Blaster
I'm fairly certain this will see a US release. Remember, Target had a Universe figure (white Leo Prime) well after Universe was dead. It's happened before with exclusives.
Razorclaw0000
Gestalt
News Credits: 609
Buy from Razorclaw0000 on eBay
Intelligence: 10+
Firepower: 10

Postby dragons » Mon Jul 26, 2010 7:07 am

already preordered this set. ill be sad if i do see it at Sam's Club tho since i know it'll be cheaper than what i paid for it
Where did you pre-order?

yeah god question momenti got email from bbts they had preorder on this set i hopped on over there preorder is sold out i had to go to tfsource to preorder this set

i will keep cyclonus, rdoimus, glavatron im not sure of im not keen on hte white on him white & purple is out place
dragons
Gestalt
News Credits: 21

Next

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #39 Marvel Comics 1988 (W) Budiansky (A/CA) Delbo 231222V"
NEW!
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #22 Cvr A IDW Comics 2020 BOLD NEW ERA 22A APR200729 (CA) Malkova"
TRANSFORMERS #22 C ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers LAST BOT STANDING #3 Cvr C IDW Comics 2022 MAY221567 3C (CA) Gauntt"
Transformers LAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS vs TERMINATOR #4 Cvr B IDW Comics 2020 APR200727 4B (CA) Montfort"
TRANSFORMERS vs TE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #39 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2022 NOV210457 39RI (CA) Shepherd"
TRANSFORMERS #39 R ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers WARS END #4 Cvr A IDW Comics 2022 MAR220508 War's End 4A Lawrence"
Transformers WARS ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS ESCAPE #2 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2021 NOV200371 2RI (CA) Goux"
TRANSFORMERS ESCAP ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #3 Cvr B Image Comics 2023 1023IM386 3B (CA) Clarke (W) Johnson"
TRANSFORMERS #3 Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #33 Marvel Comics 1987 (W) Parkhouse (CA) Vess 231222S"
NEW!
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #31 Marvel Comics 1987 (W/A) Budiansky (A) Perlin 231222I"
NEW!
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers WARS END #2 Cvr A IDW Comics 2022 JAN220494 War's End 2A (CA) Panda"
Transformers WARS ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers REIGN STARSCREAM #5 Cvr B IDW Comics 2008 Movie Sequel 5B 210411B"
Transformers REIGN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #3 3rd ptg Image Comics 2024 0124IM893 (CA) Parel + Pham Chuong"
NEW!
TRANSFORMERS #3 3r ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #24 Cvr B IDW Comics 2020 AUG200534 24B (CA) Powell 221205"
TRANSFORMERS #24 C ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Battleslash" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Sludge" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Elita-1" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Terrorcon Hun-Gurrr" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Slug" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Sawback" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Legends Class Skrapnel and Reflector Figures" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Wheeljack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Skywarp Action Figure" on AMAZON