This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Prototype Images of Supreme Tactical Commander-Grand Patriot (Rolling Thunder Optimus Prime)

Do you love your new Hercules set? Can't get enough of FansProject's items? Upset that you bought a knock off when you thought you were getting an original? Use this forum to tell everyone your thoughts about unlicensed and knock off TF products.

Prototype Images of Supreme Tactical Commander-Grand Patriot (Rolling Thunder Optimus Prime)

Postby Mach » Tue Aug 03, 2010 8:27 pm

Motto: ""I am a Prime. I do not take orders from you!""
Previously we reported that 3rd party company - Xovergen Production is planning to produce the toy for Supreme Tactical Commander-Grand Patriot, based on Rolling Thunder Optimus Prime.

Today Xovergen Production (http://blogs.yahoo.co.jp/xovergen) has just updated their webpage with the new prototype images of the toy, albeit mainly on the vehicle mode.

Xovergen Production has also created a English website to cater for English reading viewers here: http://xovergen.com/
Mach
Gestalt
News Credits: 905
Strength: ???
Intelligence: ???
Speed: ???
Endurance: ???
Courage: ???
Firepower: ???
Skill: ???

Re: Prototype Images of Supreme Tactical Commander-Grand Patriot (Rolling Thunder Optimus Prime)

Postby Samurai Bludgeon » Tue Aug 03, 2010 8:48 pm

Motto: "Current Collection Count: 2250~"
Weapon: Sword
Will it be in scale with GI Joes? If so I might be all over this. Would be interesting to see what else the trailer does-looks like some other panels can move around there...
Samurai Bludgeon
Minibot
Buy from Samurai Bludgeon on eBay

Re: Prototype Images of Supreme Tactical Commander-Grand Patriot (Rolling Thunder Optimus Prime)

Postby Seibertron » Tue Aug 03, 2010 8:58 pm

Motto: "'Til All Are One!"
Weapon: Twin Shock-Concussion Missiles
Rolling thunder down under. Apparently I've been to Vegas too many times and seen too many advertisements.
Seibertron
Site Owner
News Credits: 3554
Watch Seibertron on YouTube
Buy from Seibertron on eBay
Alt Mode: Supersonic Cybertronian Jet
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10+

Postby LOST Cybertronian » Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:03 pm

Motto: "I've looked into the eye of this island and what I saw was...beautiful"
Weapon: Double-Barreled, Armor-Piercing Particle Beam Cann...
Vehicle mode looking promising, damn blurred bot mode.
-Kanrabat- wrote:YEah, too many Transformers are in a serious need of a good rim job.

Blast Cannon wrote:This thread is brilliant. Duragrip you are a gloriously weird sexual deviant and I love it.
LOST Cybertronian
Faction Commander
News Credits: 1235
Buy from LOST Cybertronian on eBay

Postby LiKwid » Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:07 pm

Motto: "When In doubt..Invert polarities!!!!"
Weapon: V-Lock Rifle, V-Lock Cannon
oOo snap... I've never heard of this compnay before..What's their track record? If any...
Counterpunch wrote:FP sure does provide some F'd up head.

Sell me your Beast wars stuff!!!!
Transformers Earth wars-SiNxBruticus
LiKwid
Gestalt
News Credits: 8
Buy from LiKwid on eBay
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 5
Endurance: 10
Courage: 10
Firepower: 6
Skill: 10

Postby NuclearConvoy » Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:12 pm

I love that all these "side" companies are making cool stuff like this, but the cost is always so immensely prohibitive that I can never justify the purchase. I really wsih Hasbro would just jump all over making a collector-targetted line of slightly more expensive middle-range (i.e. not basic toy, not masterpiece) to fill in the niche for things like Rolling Thunder or Hearts of Steel Optimus Prime etc. I was sort of hoping the Titanium line could have evolved into that, but clearly there were far too many flaws with that line for it to have merited that specific kind of treatment. I like that in Generations we are getting the WFC toys, but I'm fairly certain that if there wasn't a huge budget video game we wouldn't have those toys. The line, however, does provide us with a golden opportunity to have official Hasbro product of some continuingly obscure characters (I mean, we have an official STraxus toy, how far off can Train Prime be?).
NuclearConvoy
Godmaster

Postby SrikanthPrime » Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:16 pm

What size class do you think this is close to? I wonder if the trailer will serve a purpose for the robot as well...
"I won't run away anymore... I won't go back on my word... that is my ninja way!"
=Naruto Uzumaki=

SrikanthPrime
Mini-Con
News Credits: 1

Postby Mkall » Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:20 pm

Weapon: Twin Sonic Cannons
I sense great potential here. Quality, as always, will proove to be the deciding factor

Discord: Mkall#0376

My Collection! Updated Oct 21, 2022
Mkall
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 402
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6
Endurance: 6
Firepower: 6
Skill: 10

Postby Autobot032 » Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:21 pm

Weapon: Switch Blade Tail
They had me until the blurred robot photo. There's no sensible reason why a person or group trying to make a sale, would do such a stupid thing. If you want us to buy the product, show it to us.

I'll wait until I see better pics. I was impressed, but the last picture ruined it for me.

They're going to have to impress me to get my cash.

And yes, I know that FansProject did the same thing with City Commander, but at least you could make out what he looked like. This was just terribly blurry.
NOTE: Realize that I am not a perfect Christian, nor do I profess to be. I apologize if anyone's ever offended by me, I'm not perfect. Don't hold my posts and opinions against other Christians.
Autobot032
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 668
Buy from Autobot032 on eBay

Postby Poyguimogul » Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:28 pm

You can see his legs clearly when the trailer is removed.
They look like classic primes legs,feet and knees.
have guns on shin like g1 fortress maximus.
legs extend out from pelvis like masterpiece.
guns on the front of the truck are on his shoulders kind-of-like Star Convoy.
the blurry robot mode is just of the cab...
..so whats up with the trizzaler~!?
Poyguimogul
Vehicon

Postby Blurrz » Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:33 pm

Motto: "scream drive faster"
Weapon: Electro-Laser Cannon
I've seen the robot mode, it looks legit.
Blurrz
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 1452
Strength: 7
Speed: 10
Firepower: 7
Skill: 5

Postby Prime Evil » Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:58 pm

Motto: "No Good Deed Goes Unpunished"
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
Gotta say, I'm definitely looking forward to seeing the final product. Would be nice to have a green Prime in my collection. Hope these guys can make this at an affordable price.
facebook
PSN:Kalibr3Fyre
Transfandom's resident Junglist
Botcon Twitter re: Botcon 2012, "This set is not TFA" :D

Fans Project- Highly Recommend any and all products
Hasbro- Need more Generations toys peas
HeadRobots- Awesome, looking fwd to more good products
Perfect Effect- OK, looking fwd to more lil bots.
Prime Evil
Godmaster
News Credits: 23
Speed: 8
Endurance: 8
Skill: 7

Postby Dead Metal » Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:23 pm

Motto: "Don't do drugs, beer's cheaper anyway!"
Autobot032 wrote:They had me until the blurred robot photo. There's no sensible reason why a person or group trying to make a sale, would do such a stupid thing. If you want us to buy the product, show it to us.

I'll wait until I see better pics. I was impressed, but the last picture ruined it for me.

They're going to have to impress me to get my cash.

And yes, I know that FansProject did the same thing with City Commander, but at least you could make out what he looked like. This was just terribly blurry.

It's a cheap trick to fuel interest in the figure, at least they don't go overboard with the teasing like CrazyDevy and show nothing of the actual product for months while already selling pre-orders for it.

I think I'm not interested I never really cared for the design from the start.

Jeep! wrote:Why do I imagine Dead Metal sounding exactly like Arnie?
Intah-wib-buls?

Blurrz wrote:10/10

Leave it to Dead Metal to have the word 'Pronz' in his signature.
Dead Metal
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 767

Postby Editor » Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:40 am

Motto: ""I'm not even supposed to be here today!""
Weapon: Shotgun
Samurai Bludgeon wrote:Will it be in scale with GI Joes?

Unlikely, Encine's custom was in scale and was beyond huge. I'd be surprised if it was larger than Animated Ultra Magnus.
http://www.seibertron.com/heavymetalwar/team_view.php?id=27919
Once I ran an Anime festival with over 6,000 attendees. Now... not so much.
Editor
City Commander
News Credits: 9
Watch Editor on YouTube
Buy from Editor on eBay
Strength: 6
Speed: 7
Courage: 7
Firepower: 4
Skill: 6

Postby gema » Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:40 am

Motto: "Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes"
Weapon: "Claw" Flame-Throwers
will it be around voyager class (like classic Optimus Prime) since the screw hole was about the same size. if that thing is ultra class or bigger, the screw they used must be freaking big :grin:
http://blackplasticlife.blogspot.com/
Part of TransMY Reviewers Community

gema
Transmetal Warrior
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 10+
Courage: 9
Firepower: 5

Postby tarZen » Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:43 am

Autobot032 wrote:There's no sensible reason why a person or group trying to make a sale, would do such a stupid thing.

When you sell a product you don't want to reveal it completely until it is very near the release date. This is so competitors can't steal and copy your designs until your product already has a headstart. You also want to reveal some bits now and then to keep interest alive.
tarZen
Mini-Con

Postby Prime Evil » Wed Aug 04, 2010 5:40 am

Motto: "No Good Deed Goes Unpunished"
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
Makes me wonder if they are considerin Dominator Megatron! Now that I would love to see more the RT Prime!!
facebook
PSN:Kalibr3Fyre
Transfandom's resident Junglist
Botcon Twitter re: Botcon 2012, "This set is not TFA" :D

Fans Project- Highly Recommend any and all products
Hasbro- Need more Generations toys peas
HeadRobots- Awesome, looking fwd to more good products
Perfect Effect- OK, looking fwd to more lil bots.
Prime Evil
Godmaster
News Credits: 23
Speed: 8

Postby dragons » Wed Aug 04, 2010 6:06 am

looks about deluxe or voyager class looks promising if they give it to online retailers might get it
dragons
Gestalt
News Credits: 21

Postby DevastaTTor » Wed Aug 04, 2010 6:20 am

Looks no bigger than voyager size based on the size of the wheels and screws which is fine with me. Any bigger and I could afford or display it.

I agree that the blurred photo is pretty pointless given how far along the prototype is.
Check out my BST Sales Thread HERE!

Equal Opportunity Transforming Robot Collector
DevastaTTor
Gestalt
News Credits: 198

Postby Jesterhead » Wed Aug 04, 2010 6:59 am

Motto: "We'll die just as we lived: In midnight clad. Ave dominus nox."
Weapon: Gyro-Inhibitor Shell Launcher
Very excited to see more...

Grey prototype molds always look better than color molds to me for some reason lol!
Jesterhead
Gestalt Team Leader
News Credits: 1
Watch Jesterhead on YouTube
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 9
Courage: 1
Firepower: 8
Skill: 5

Postby autobot-jolt » Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:10 am

Motto: "Actions speak louder than words!"
Weapon: Gattling Gun
Blurrz wrote:I've seen the robot mode, it looks legit.

You have?! You should probably post it if you can before every Seibertronian freaks out. ;)
AUTOBOT-JOLT
Image[/i]
autobot-jolt
Fuzor
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 9
Courage: 9
Skill: 9

Postby Rated X » Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:47 am

Motto: ""Assumption is the mother of all screw ups.""
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
What happened to the camera focus when he took pictures of the robot mode ??? Did his camera break ???
Rated X
Banned
Strength: 5
Speed: 2
Endurance: 10
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 8

Postby Dead Metal » Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:51 am

Motto: "Don't do drugs, beer's cheaper anyway!"
Rated X wrote:What happened to the camera focus when he took pictures of the robot mode ??? Did his camera break ???

It's done on purpose to tease us.

Jeep! wrote:Why do I imagine Dead Metal sounding exactly like Arnie?
Intah-wib-buls?

Blurrz wrote:10/10

Leave it to Dead Metal to have the word 'Pronz' in his signature.
Dead Metal
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 767

Postby ImperiaxPrime » Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:22 am

Motto: "Do not consider the wars of the future, instead consider a future without war."
Weapon: Twin Shock-Concussion Missiles
I want this. They can have my money. I think the only way I could love it more is if the trailer became an Apex upgrade. As it is, it looks like just a super cool rocket laucher instead. I'm okay with this.

Personally I think if Super Military Optimus Prime were going to bring it, he would bring it all.
( \ / ) The Bunny
(O.o) Add him to your signature
(> <) Help him rule the world
/_||_\ Prosper at his side
ImperiaxPrime
Minibot
Strength: 5
Endurance: 7
Skill: 8

Postby craggy » Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:37 am

tarZen wrote:
Autobot032 wrote:There's no sensible reason why a person or group trying to make a sale, would do such a stupid thing.

When you sell a product you don't want to reveal it completely until it is very near the release date. This is so competitors can't steal and copy your designs until your product already has a headstart. You also want to reveal some bits now and then to keep interest alive.

oh yeah, these guys must be totally against stealing ideas. and have a license from hasbro to pilfer likenesses from 2 of their lines. that said, it looks pretty snazzy. wonder if we'll get a HISS Megatron or any other GI JOE/COBRA TFs if this does well?
assembling a Neo-G1/TF:TM cast. Please PM if you have (or know of) the following at a reasonable price: Classics or Henkei Astrotrain, Sunstreaker, Sideswipe, or 3rd Party iGear Ratchet and Ironhide.
Also looking for Universe Repugnus and Overbite, Frostbite and Longhorn and any Webdiver toys.
craggy
Faction Commander
News Credits: 4

Next

Return to Unlicensed and KO Transformers Toys

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Cyberverse Tiny Turbo Changers Series 1 2019 New"
OPTIMUS PRIME Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ROOTWING Transformers BotBots Series 1 Shed Heads 2018 Hasbro plant dragon"
ROOTWING Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "NOPE SOAP Transformers BotBots Series 2 Toilet Troop 2019 used bar soap"
NOPE SOAP Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BotBots Series 6 Set of 24 Single Packs Transformers 2022 New"
BotBots Series 6 S ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GRANDMA CRINKLES Transformers BotBots Series 4 Sugar Shocks Hasbro 2020"
GRANDMA CRINKLES T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DINGLEDEEDOO Transformers BotBots Series 3 Music Mob Hasbro 2019 Bell Plunger"
DINGLEDEEDOO Trans ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SPOTS THE ROCK Transformers BotBots Series 2 Shed Heads 2019 zen massage rock"
SPOTS THE ROCK Tra ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SUPER BUBS Transformers BotBots Series 5 Hibotchi Heats bubble tea Hasbro 2020"
SUPER BUBS Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "PUCKSIE Transformers BotBots Series 1 Jock Squad Hasbro 2018"
PUCKSIE Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "HOUND Transformers Kre-o Battle Changer Building Toy Hasbro 2015 New"
HOUND Transformers ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GOOB TOOB Transformers BotBots Series 1 Techie Team 2018 Hasbro tv television"
GOOB TOOB Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "CHIEF CHERRY 3.14 Transformers BotBots Series 1.5 Bakery Bytes PIE import 2019"
CHIEF CHERRY 3.14 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "AXWELL Transformers BotBots Series 3 Music Mob Hasbro 2019 Electric Guitar"
AXWELL Transformer ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "CALAMITY KEYS Transformers BotBots Series 3 Music Mob 2019 Piano"
CALAMITY KEYS Tran ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Grotusque and Scorponok Deluxe Action Figure Exclusive Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Cutthroat" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of the Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Novastar" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Power of the Primes Punch-Counterpunch and Prima Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Quintus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Repugnus, Dastard, and Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Robots in Disguise Combiner Force 1-Step Changer Soundwave" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Autobot Infinitus and Sentinel Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "TRANSFORMERS PLATINUM EDITION HOT ROD JUNKION SCRAPHEAP WRECK GAR SET" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Skrapnel" on AMAZON