This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Furman Update on Beast Wars The Ascending #2

Discuss anything about the Transformers cartoons and comics! You can discuss anything from G1 to Cybertron as well as the comics from Marvel, Dreamwave, IDW and more!

Furman Update on Beast Wars The Ascending #2

Postby Hotrod » Mon Jun 04, 2007 8:54 pm

Once again Simon Furman has updated his blog. In this latest entry Furman talks about the upcoming Beast Wars The Ascending #2 Here is what Furman posted:

"Almost caught up with myself. I’m mid-way through the Devastation #3 script and about to embark on Transformers (UK) #5, so I thought now would be a good time to wax retrospectively about Beast Wars The Ascending #2 (which I wrapped a week or so ago). As always, what follows is a series of teases rather than the exact content. This is a spoiler-free zone (more or less). For those of you who’ve read my earlier (more general/introductory) ‘In Ascending Order’ item, this is something of a more focused look at issue #2 of the four-issue series. Lots going on here. The strands culled from Beast Wars II and Beast Wars Neo are paramount in this issue, as we start to see exactly what (and who) is causing things to go so badly wrong on Cybertron and why Predacon General Magmatron is so desperate to stop it (even it means declaring a truce with his bitter enemy, Razorbeast). It’s been great fun trying to pull all these various story strands from the US and Japanese TV series together for this series (a process started back when Ben Yee and I collaborated on the upcoming Beast Wars Profiles series), not to mention bringing yet more characters into one, cohesive (I hope) Beast Wars universe. So, we have debuts for the likes of Drancron, Rartorata and Elephorca, plus the Magnaboss trio of Prowl, Ironhide and Silverbolt (the G1 characters). For those who enjoyed his fleeting appearance in The Gathering, there’s more of Big Convoy to savour. Oh, and on Earth, we continue a humungous battle between Razorbeast’s Maximals and Ravage’s Predacons (which ties directly into events in the US BW TV series), plus the arrival (in that era) of Lio Convoy and The Pack (Stampy’s fast becoming a favourite of mine). Grimlock’s in there too… of course! And, well, all I can say is, poor Razorbeast! Beast Wars The Ascending #2 hits stores in September."
Hotrod
City Commander
News Credits: 2024

Postby Liege Evilmus » Mon Jun 04, 2007 9:05 pm

I like that he can write them faster than they can make them.
It leaves you knowing that there's gonna be more in the future.

As for this topic, I love the Beast Wars. Like it's writen on the Golden Disc Set, it's a device that joins all continums together(if not in so many words).

And it's true in my collection as well. I've never seen more than a couple episodes of the Japanesse Beast Wars. But I have the toys.

It's through them in my own collectives tales that all Cybertronian Generations exist together in both war and harmony.

"The Seeds of the Future Lie Burried in the Past"

indeed

:-?
Last edited by Liege Evilmus on Mon Jun 04, 2007 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

My Collection, updated 4/21(sorta)... viewtopic.php?f=4&t=35550&p=627727#p627727
Liege Evilmus
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 8

Postby i_amtrunks » Mon Jun 04, 2007 9:11 pm

Post movie comics are looking gooooood!
I hope Furman hasn't bitten off more than he can chew with the Beast Wars comics, he already had so many characters, and he has listed another 20 or so...
Cant wait for the G1 Prowl/Ironhide/Silverbolt bits, they should be very interesting...considering 2 of them died in the movie.
Awesomesauce; Use it, you know you want to.
i_amtrunks
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 972

Re: Furman Update on Beast Wars The Ascending #2

Postby Darth Bombshell » Mon Jun 04, 2007 9:17 pm

Motto: "Insanity is a state of mind, and I have a home there."
Weapon: Cerebro-Shell Launcher
Hotrod wrote:So, we have debuts for the likes of Drancron, Rartorata and Elephorca

Ah, crap.

Hotrod wrote:plus the Magnaboss trio of Prowl, Ironhide and Silverbolt (the G1 characters).

And where in the hell did that guy's tech spec ever mention those three were the ones that form him? Especially since TM II Prowl has a better chance of being G1 Prowl than he does.

Hotrod wrote:For those who enjoyed his fleeting appearance in The Gathering, there’s more of Big Convoy to savour.

And what exactly are we going to be calling him? Big Prime? Mastadon Prime? Wooly Prime?

Hotrod wrote:Oh, and on Earth, we continue a humungous battle between Razorbeast’s Maximals and Ravage’s Predacons (which ties directly into events in the US BW TV series)

Oh, joy...

Hotrod wrote:Grimlock’s in there too… of course!

AH, ****! And just when I thought this book would redeem the mistakes of "The Gathering." Someone REALLY needs to tell Furman to stop whipping out his favorite plot device whenever the opportunity arises.
Darth Bombshell
Gestalt
News Credits: 487
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 5
Endurance: 6
Courage: 8
Firepower: 6
Skill: 7

Postby JazZeke » Mon Jun 04, 2007 9:26 pm

Motto: "Laugh hard. Run fast. Be kind."
Weapon: Shoulder Mounted Rocket Launcher
Not sure I'm too crazy about some of the things he said about this mini, but I still have high hopes for it. At the very least it should make for an interesting read.
JazZeke
Headmaster
News Credits: 10
Location: Arizona, where the glass is always greener.... on the other side of the state line!
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6
Endurance: 8
Courage: 9
Firepower: 7
Skill: 8

Postby Satanatron » Mon Jun 04, 2007 10:00 pm

Cool. Not so sure about Magnaboss being the G1 characters but whatever.

Who's going to do the artwork?
Satanatron
Minibot

Postby Dclone Soundwave » Mon Jun 04, 2007 10:35 pm

I don't fully understand Magnaboss being three recognizable G1 characters. Grimlock again though? I didn't really like his last BW appearance, maybe this'll be better. As for Big Convoy's name, I'm at a loss. It's gonna be "Somthing-Mus Prime" It's gotta be. There's still a Prime on Cybertron, so it's gonna be something other than Optimus.
Latest Acquisition(s):
BW Tigatron
BW II Flash Lio Convoy
BW Metals Rampage
BW Neo Big Convoy
BW Neo Magmatron
Dclone Soundwave
Godmaster

Postby Roboto750 » Mon Jun 04, 2007 11:03 pm

Motto: "Winners are losers who got up and gave it one more try."
Weapon: Electro Scrambler Gun
The first IDW BW series was the best thing they've done so far! I can't wait for this one to hit shelves! Kinda makes up for Beast Machines. Then again, perhaps Furman and IDW will pick up the ball where BM dropped it at some point.... :PRAY:
Roboto750
Headmaster
Buy from Roboto750 on eBay
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 10
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 10

Postby Dclone Soundwave » Mon Jun 04, 2007 11:12 pm

Roboto750 wrote:The first IDW BW series was the best thing they've done so far! I can't wait for this one to hit shelves! Kinda makes up for Beast Machines. Then again, perhaps Furman and IDW will pick up the ball where BM dropped it at some point.... :PRAY:

It would be interesting to see what Cheetor did w/the Maximals after the Great Reformation. What became of the Predacons (We see in Timelnes that the G1 Predacons were indeed alive after the events of BW & BM since they were chronicling the Godden Disc & BW Megatron. That may play no role though) There would need to be a new enemy. There always is. A post BM story would be intersting indeed........yeeessss.
Latest Acquisition(s):
BW Tigatron
BW II Flash Lio Convoy
BW Metals Rampage
BW Neo Big Convoy
BW Neo Magmatron
Dclone Soundwave
Godmaster

Postby Josh » Tue Jun 05, 2007 1:05 am

Satanatron wrote:Cool. Not so sure about Magnaboss being the G1 characters but whatever.

Who's going to do the artwork?

why Don Fig. of course ;)
Josh
Micromaster
News Credits: 30

Postby Satanatron » Tue Jun 05, 2007 2:13 am

Awesome. I love Don art.
Satanatron
Minibot

Postby Talon523 » Tue Jun 05, 2007 6:06 am

I love the Beast Wars comics. The first volume was great. I can't wait for this and Megs origin.
Talon523
Minibot

Postby Leonardo » Tue Jun 05, 2007 6:54 am

O no, not Grimlock again!

I agree with DB. I always considered TMII Prowl to be a reincarnation of G1 Prowl, given that his tech spec bio hints at it. This will be...interesting.
Leonardo
Faction Commander
News Credits: 1

Return to Transformers Cartoons and Comics Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES #3 Cvr F Dynamite Comics Disney DEC220624 3F (CA) Fleecs + Forstner"
GARGOYLES #3 Cvr F ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "FCBD 2022 TMNT IDW Comics JAN220006 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (CA) Campbell"
FCBD 2022 TMNT IDW ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES #2 Cvr G 1:10 Dynamite Comics 2023 Disney NOV220589 2G (CA) Kambadais"
GARGOYLES #2 Cvr G ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "FCBD 2023 MADBALLS vs GARBAGE PAIL KIDS #0 Dynamite Comics DEC220024 GPK"
FCBD 2023 MADBALLS ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT #130 Cvr A IDW Comics 2022 APR221587 130A Mutant Ninja Turtles (CA) Yurcaba"
TMNT #130 Cvr A ID ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT SPLINTERED FATE #1 Cvr A IDW Comics 2023 JUN231481 1A (CA) Verdugo"
TMNT SPLINTERED FA ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MMPR TMNT II #2 Cvr F 1:25 Boom Studios Comics NOV220378 2F Eastman + Williams"
MMPR TMNT II #2 Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT #140 Cvr C 1:10 IDW Comics APR231610 140C Ninja Turtles Ongoing (CA) Reis"
TMNT #140 Cvr C 1: ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES DARK AGES #5 Cvr L 1:15 Dynamite Comics 2024 SEP230254 5L (CA) Quah"
GARGOYLES DARK AGE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES #4 Cvr D Dynamite Comics 2023 Disney JAN230641 4D (CA) Leirix"
GARGOYLES #4 Cvr D ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Power Rangers UNLIMITED HYPERFORCE #1 Cvr A Boom Studios Comics MAY230338 1A"
Power Rangers UNLI ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MIGHTY MORPHIN POWER RANGERS #113 Cvr B Dark Grid Boom Studios Comics 2023 113B"
MIGHTY MORPHIN POW ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES #9 Cvr A Dynamite Comics 2023 Disney JUN230679 9A (CA) Nakayama"
GARGOYLES #9 Cvr A ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "POWER RANGERS DRAKKON NEW DAWN #3 (of 3) Cvr A Boom Studios Comics 2020 3A"
POWER RANGERS DRAK ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #346 - Gas Station Jamboree
Twincast / Podcast #346:
"Gas Station Jamboree"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, March 23rd, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Barricade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Toys Optimus Prime Cyberverse Ultimate Class Action Figure - Repeatable Matrix Mega Shot Action Attack Move - Toys for Kids 6 & Up, 11.5"" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Voyager Class Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Cutthroat" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Grimlock Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Speed Series Barricade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MV5 Turbo Changer Super Nova Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON