This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Transformers Mosaic: "Deserving."

Discuss anything about the Transformers cartoons and comics! You can discuss anything from G1 to Cybertron as well as the comics from Marvel, Dreamwave, IDW and more!

Transformers Mosaic: "Deserving."

Postby Richter » Fri Aug 27, 2010 12:13 am

The Universe of the Transformers is vast, and populated by many characters. Their universe is a large tapestry, made up of the stories and points of view of countless experiences that serve the larger whole.

These are some of those stories. This is:

It should be noted that while this project has been recognized by IDW Publishing and Hasbro, none of the works presented have been commissioned or solicited by either company. The stories are not official canon, except where noted. These stories are the result of Transformers enthusiasts taking the time out of their busy days to contribute to a universe they love. No one has been paid for the production of these stories.

For all Transformers news / updates / information, click here

Transformers Mosaic FAQ, click here

DESERVING

Story by;
Josh van Reyk http://josh-van-reyk.deviantart.com

Art by;
Ibai Canales http://canalus.deviantart.com/

Lettering by;
HdE http://hde2009.deviantart.com

Richter
Targetmaster
News Credits: 430

Re: Transformers Mosaic: "Deserving."

Postby Bobton03 » Fri Aug 27, 2010 5:08 am

Motto: "When Goldbug is to become a Prime, then his name shall be "Aurum Prime.""
Weapon: Particle Beam Rifle
Awesome Mosaic! Thank you for identifying who needs to, in my opinion, make a re-appearance in the Transformers universe -- Darkwing (and Dreadwind)!

- Bob
Bobton03
Minibot

Postby Predaprince » Fri Aug 27, 2010 2:55 pm

Motto: ""Destruction is the fate of all sentient beings.""
Weapon: Sonic Rifle
So, Razorclaw is campaigning for Darkwing?

Why?
Predaprince
God Of Transformers
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 9
Courage: 10
Firepower: ???
Skill: Infinity

Postby Stormwolf » Fri Aug 27, 2010 4:21 pm

Weapon: Particle Beam Cannon
Predaprince wrote:So, Razorclaw is campaigning for Darkwing?

Why?

Darkwing died...

This mosaic is actually better then the comic it references.
Stormwolf
Brainmaster
News Credits: 3
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 10
Endurance: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 10

Postby Bobton03 » Fri Aug 27, 2010 4:26 pm

Motto: "When Goldbug is to become a Prime, then his name shall be "Aurum Prime.""
Pardon my ignorance, but when did Darkwing die? Is it in the last 4 issues of AHM?

I am asking because the last I saw of him, Darkwing and Dreadwind were alive and kicking in "Transformers: Stormbringer."

- Bob
Bobton03
Minibot

Postby Predaprince » Fri Aug 27, 2010 4:50 pm

Motto: ""Destruction is the fate of all sentient beings.""
Weapon: Sonic Rifle
Stormwolf wrote:
Predaprince wrote:So, Razorclaw is campaigning for Darkwing?

Why?

Darkwing died...

This mosaic is actually better then the comic it references.

Okay. Thanks
Predaprince
God Of Transformers
Endurance: 9
Firepower: ???
Skill: Infinity

Postby jgilkinson » Fri Aug 27, 2010 7:33 pm

wow this puts this part of the comic in a whole new light. In the comic the way its done made me think Razorclaw was watching in approval. Good mosaic
jgilkinson
Pretender
News Credits: 1

Postby vaporretarder » Fri Aug 27, 2010 7:46 pm

Motto: "I smell the smell of something smelly,...I think it's blood."
Weapon: Semi Automatic Sonic Blaster Pistol
no no no,...you have it all wrong, it's not the decepticon Darkwing he is referencing,...it's ACTUALLY Darkwing Duck!!,....any person with a BIT of common sense would have put THAT together geeesh!

and you call yourselves geeks,...you make me sick!

heh

(please note the sarcasm ya jerks)
You're gonna live poor,...you're gonna die poor.
vaporretarder
Combiner
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 1
Endurance: 1
Courage: 1
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 1

Postby Bumblevivisector » Fri Aug 27, 2010 8:01 pm

But did we actually see Darkwing die? For that matter, was he actually called Darkwing in Stormbringer? Just before this scene, Dreadwind kept saying "my brother" and the TRU exclusive Silverbolt repaint is Darkwind (technically an alternate name for Dreadwing used in either Marvel #52 or 53, possibly because Hi-Test or Throttle couldn't remember it), I think Darkwing "died" at the hands of Disney lawyers.

They actually started a new Darkwing Duck comic last month, so I can't blame them, but it always seemed unfair to me since the REAL Darkwing debuted 3 years before that (admittedly great) cartoon.

I think the whole point of this Mosaic was to have Razorclaw do what couldn't be done in official canon, gouging his name into the rock in defiance of the great Mouse god that recently consumed their former universe, surpassing even Unicron.

I agree with whoever said this surpassed the issue it's based on. TF Ongoing hit the skids after the first arc ended, but this one really pissed me off because it treated characters from 1988, possibly my favorite year of the toyline, like gun fodder to be carelessly slaughtered just to create a feel of desperation.

The only reason I'm sticking with TFO is that the current arc, while horribly mischaracterizing Onslaught, seems to be based on 'Solar Adventure'...which horribly mischaracterized Reflector. Anyone planning a mosaic in the near future, please watch that title and 'Space Thunder Kids' for inspiration!
Bumblevivisector
Godmaster
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6
Endurance: 5
Courage: 7
Firepower: 9
Skill: 6

Postby King Henrik » Fri Aug 27, 2010 8:05 pm

Motto: ""It doesn't matter what you ask, it's who you're asking""
Weapon: Battle Blades
this is my favorite kind of mosaic, giving further insight into an otherwise forgettable scene from the main books. excellent work!

IDW please make this in continuity!
King Henrik
Fuzor
News Credits: 5
Strength: 3
Speed: 6
Endurance: 3
Firepower: 6
Skill: 9

Postby Richter » Fri Aug 27, 2010 8:36 pm

Thanks for all the kind words guys. I'm always nervous posting a mosaic that I have written and it's such a relief when it's received as well as this one is.

This quote in particular makes me very happy.

King Henrik wrote:this is my favorite kind of mosaic, giving further insight into an otherwise forgettable scene from the main books. excellent work!

IDW please make this in continuity!

What better response could I ask for? :)
Richter
Targetmaster

Postby Blozor » Fri Aug 27, 2010 9:30 pm

Motto: ""Distrust everything — you're bound to get something right."
Weapon: Double-Barreled Plasma Shell Shotgun
Bumblevivisector wrote:They actually started a new Darkwing Duck comic last month, so I can't blame them, but it always seemed unfair to me since the REAL Darkwing debuted 3 years before that (admittedly great) cartoon.

I need to get to the comic book store more often. I actually had no idea about this! Thank you for pointing it out to me! I must OWN these! That was my favorite cartoon from the Disney Afternoon block; one of my favorite cartoons of all time.
Blozor
Combiner
Strength: 5
Speed: 2
Endurance: 8
Firepower: 5
Skill: 9

Postby Sky-Quake » Fri Aug 27, 2010 9:39 pm

Motto: "I'll rip out your optics"
Weapon: Plasma Cannon
though not as good as the last mosiac this one is very dark and enjoyable though I would've liked to see Acid Storm as one of the background cons
I am in need of another missle for my energon Starscram and a wing for my Armada Terrorsaur the one with his name on it if anyone has spares of these items that they don't need please PM me
Sky-Quake
Fuzor
Speed: 5
Endurance: 6
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 9
Skill: 10+

Postby First-Aid » Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:46 pm

Motto: "This won't hurt me a bit."
Weapon: Laser Scalpel
Blozor wrote:
Bumblevivisector wrote:They actually started a new Darkwing Duck comic last month, so I can't blame them, but it always seemed unfair to me since the REAL Darkwing debuted 3 years before that (admittedly great) cartoon.

I need to get to the comic book store more often. I actually had no idea about this! Thank you for pointing it out to me! I must OWN these! That was my favorite cartoon from the Disney Afternoon block; one of my favorite cartoons of all time.

Darkwing Duck was the sh!t. I freaking LOVED that cartoon...

"I am the terror that flaps in the night! I am the gum stuck to the bottom of the shoes of evil! I am DARKWING DUCK!"
It finally happened. The Chicago Cubs won the World Series. Yes, I cried.

-Kanrabat- wrote:
TF-fan kev777 wrote:
First-Aid wrote:Okay, did anyone else notice that we all get a wonderful shot of Starscreams crotch anytime he sits in that throne? That's unnerving. Couldn't they have put n extra flap in there? It's....weird.

Its kind of like Basic Instinct, but not in a good way...

Goddammit, now I can't unsee it.
First-Aid
Faction Commander
News Credits: 2
Strength: 3
Endurance: 5
Firepower: 2

Postby zenosaurus_x » Thu Sep 02, 2010 5:06 pm

Weapon: Electron-Scimitars
O_O
DANG that was awesome.
zenosaurus_x
Headmaster
Strength: 10+
Speed: 4
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10

Postby Richter » Thu Sep 02, 2010 5:29 pm

zenosaurus_x wrote:O_O
DANG that was awesome.

Thanks!
Richter
Targetmaster

Postby Bobton03 » Mon Sep 06, 2010 3:09 pm

I saw in Issue #7 of TF: Ongoing that Dreadwind was a victim of cannabalism as a result of stealing energon. Darkwing, however, was mentioned as having escaped the Decepticons... Does "escaped" mean that he is actually alive and kicking, or was he but one of the first victims of Decepticon reprisals following their exodus from Earth in the wake of AHM?

- Bob
Bobton03
Minibot

Postby Richter » Mon Sep 06, 2010 7:38 pm

Bobton03 wrote:I saw in Issue #7 of TF: Ongoing that Dreadwind was a victim of cannabalism as a result of stealing energon. Darkwing, however, was mentioned as having escaped the Decepticons... Does "escaped" mean that he is actually alive and kicking, or was he but one of the first victims of Decepticon reprisals following their exodus from Earth in the wake of AHM?

- Bob

Yeah, Darkwing actually got away and is off hiding somewhere.
Richter
Targetmaster

Return to Transformers Cartoons and Comics Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SKULLGRIN Transformers Legacy Deluxe Class Hasbro 2022 New"
SKULLGRIN Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "CROSSCUT Transformers Legacy Evolution Deluxe Class Hasbro 2023 New"
CROSSCUT Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Armada HOT SHOT Transformers Legacy Evolution Deluxe Class Hasbro 2023 New"
Armada HOT SHOT Tr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K33 SLAMMER Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe Hasbro 2022 New"
NEW!
WFC-K33 SLAMMER Tr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TASMANIA KID Transformers Legacy United Core Class Hasbro 2024 New"
TASMANIA KID Trans ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "CLAMPDOWN Transformers Legacy Velocitron Speedia 500 Collection Deluxe 231208A"
CLAMPDOWN Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DEVCON Transformers Legacy Evolution TL-44 Deluxe Takara Tomy 2023 New"
NEW!
DEVCON Transformer ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DIRGE Transformers Legacy Evolution Voyager Class Conehead Hasbro 2023 New"
DIRGE Transformers ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SHADOWSTRIP Transformers Legacy Velocitron Speedia 500 Collection Deluxe G2 New"
SHADOWSTRIP Transf ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ROAD ROCKET Transformers Legacy Velocitron Speedia 500 G2 Deluxe 2022 New"
ROAD ROCKET Transf ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K13 MEGATRON Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Core Hasbro 2021 New"
WFC-K13 MEGATRON T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BURN OUT Transformers Legacy Velocitron Speedia 500 Diaclone Deluxe 2022"
BURN OUT Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SANDSTORM Transformers Legacy Deluxe Beast Wars Universe Hasbro 2022 New"
SANDSTORM Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSMETAL II MEGATRON Transformers Legacy Evolution Leader Beast Wars New"
TRANSMETAL II MEGA ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Toys Megatron Cyberverse Ultimate Class Action Figure - Repeatable Fusion Mega Shot Action Attack Move - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 11.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Snarl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 08 Leader Class Movie 1 Decepticon Blackout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Elita-1" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Class Jetfire Figure(Discontinued by manufacturer)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Platinum RID Grimlock and Bumblebee - Exclusive" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Bumblebee Evolution 3-Pack (Amazon Exclusive)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Platinum Edition Trypticon Figure" on AMAZON