This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Images from Transformers 3 Filming in Detroit

Discuss anything and everything related to the Transformers Live Action Films franchise, which are directed by Michael Bay. Join us to discuss the movies and stuff up to date with news for the 2017 release of Transformers 5. Check out our Live Action Film section here.

Images from Transformers 3 Filming in Detroit

Postby Nekoman » Fri Aug 27, 2010 6:33 pm

Motto: "Think for yourself, and think hard."
Weapon: Star Saber Sword
The filming crew of "TF3" has now been spotted in Detroit AKA Motor City. Detroit is coincidentally a primary location in Transformers Animated.

The filming took place at an abandon auto plant, where as Jalopnik points out various forms of wreckage lie about. To view said images at Jalopnik, click here.

What could have happened there we don't know, but you wanna speculate? Do it in our forums here.
Nekoman
Gestalt
News Credits: 387
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: ???
Speed: 1
Endurance: 1
Courage: N/A
Firepower: 10
Skill: N/A

Re: Images from Transformers 3 Filming in Detroit

Postby Bumblevivisector » Fri Aug 27, 2010 6:44 pm

So now that Animated is no more, the Motor City connection is all just a coincidence, huh?

Yeah, I know you mean there's no continuity, but it meant...something. If only to Michigan Transfans. Moreso before the bailouts (sigh)

Is Jalopnik supposed to sound like the name of a Junkion? I can't recall if I'd read that before or not.
Bumblevivisector
Godmaster
News Credits: 1
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6
Endurance: 5
Courage: 7
Firepower: 9
Skill: 6

Postby 5150 Cruiser » Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:34 pm

Motto: "If it first you don't succeed,.. Sky diving is not for you!"
Weapon: Double-Barreled Self-Propelled Rocket Launcher
Interesting.....Image

Almost seems like somthing out of Cybertron.
Decepticons... Com in get yo ice cream!.... And then get yo ass whop'in!!

Suck my popsicle!! :p

Shadowman wrote:I will put forth the theory that it was the internet itself trying to punch him in the face.
5150 Cruiser
Headmaster
News Credits: 5
Strength: 8
Speed: 7
Endurance: 7
Courage: 7
Firepower: 6
Skill: 9

Postby First-Aid » Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:55 pm

Motto: "This won't hurt me a bit."
Weapon: Laser Scalpel
5150 Cruiser wrote:Interesting.....Image

Almost seems like somthing out of Cybertron.

That was my impression as well. Interesting indeed.
It finally happened. The Chicago Cubs won the World Series. Yes, I cried.

-Kanrabat- wrote:
TF-fan kev777 wrote:
First-Aid wrote:Okay, did anyone else notice that we all get a wonderful shot of Starscreams crotch anytime he sits in that throne? That's unnerving. Couldn't they have put n extra flap in there? It's....weird.

Its kind of like Basic Instinct, but not in a good way...

Goddammit, now I can't unsee it.
First-Aid
Faction Commander
News Credits: 2
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Courage: 10
Firepower: 2
Skill: 10+

Postby NatsumeRyu » Sat Aug 28, 2010 7:48 am

Motto: ""'Camshaft' See, they said my name!""
Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
"Stationed outside the abandoned behemoth are giant guns, plane wreckage and phony jet engines."

I'm with Jalopnik...the nozzles and what they're attached to in that photo just look like jet engines (so, not Cybertronian to me). Albeit larger than the ones we saw in the race cars. Leftovers of Jetfire maybe?

Wouldn't it be ironic if the movies pulled a leaf out'a Animated's book and had the Autobots chilling in that abondoned building in Detroit....maybe because of the anti-Autobots sentiments? :P Hey, it could happen! XD
I take commissions!
2014-Officer Vi-Senketsu & Junketsu-Silver Knight-Origami Cyclone
13-Terminus Armor-Megaman-Lord Death-Tali
12-WfC Brawl-Gurren Lagann-Doc
11-Reaper Conduit-Rampage
<10-Brawl-Camshaft-Jazz-Blackout-Starscream-Bumblebee
NatsumeRyu
Combiner
News Credits: 3
Buy from NatsumeRyu on eBay
Strength: 4
Speed: 2
Endurance: 3
Courage: 10
Firepower: 6
Skill: 7

Postby Red 50 » Sat Aug 28, 2010 2:05 pm

Motto: "Never send an army to do a dinobot's job"
Weapon: Twin Sonic Cannons
NatsumeRyu wrote:"Stationed outside the abandoned behemoth are giant guns, plane wreckage and phony jet engines."

I'm with Jalopnik...the nozzles and what they're attached to in that photo just look like jet engines (so, not Cybertronian to me). Albeit larger than the ones we saw in the race cars. Leftovers of Jetfire maybe?

Wouldn't it be ironic if the movies pulled a leaf out'a Animated's book and had the Autobots chilling in that abondoned building in Detroit....maybe because of the anti-Autobots sentiments? :P Hey, it could happen! XD

That's what I was thinking: It's probably their Earth-base while stationed in a certain place.

They might have some of these around the world. Like when the're on missions, then these might operate as their local operation-bases for lenghtier stays.
Red 50
Gestalt Team Leader
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 8
Courage: 6
Firepower: 5
Skill: 6

Postby Scaleface » Sun Aug 29, 2010 3:59 pm

That's about 40 minutes due south of me. If I had the time and gas, I'd go check it out.
Scaleface
Gestalt
News Credits: 49

Postby TF3source » Mon Aug 30, 2010 12:34 pm

umm...im hoping this helps...i found a pic that might be a transformers 3 title logo.
Attachments
tf3 TITLE.png
tf3 logo
TF3source
Mini-Con

Postby JetOptimus23 » Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:50 pm

Motto: "I hecked up"
Weapon: Dirge Gun
fakey. you were decived.
PROFESSIONAL ARMADA APOLOGIST

Currently on a quest to collect as many Unicron Trilogy toys as possible...maybe even complete the collection...
JetOptimus23
Godmaster
Strength: 1
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 1
Endurance: 1
Courage: 1
Firepower: 1
Skill: 1

Postby Rodimus Prime » Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:55 pm

Motto: "Individual freedom above all else."
Yeah, that's easy to tell on the first look.
........Image
Rodimus Prime
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 22

Return to Transformers Live Action Film Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "KING IN BLACK AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #1 Marvel Comics 2021 JAN210532 (CA) Gomez"
KING IN BLACK AMAZ ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BLACK PANTHER #5 var Spider-Man Marvel Comics 2022 FEB220989 (CA) Bosslogic"
BLACK PANTHER #5 v ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #25 var 1:100 Marvel Comics 2023 MAR230725 (CA) Romita Jr"
AMAZING SPIDER-MAN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Batman BRAVE AND BOLD #4 Cvr B DC Comics 2023 0623DC169 4B (CA) Ngu"
Batman BRAVE AND B ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "IMMORTAL HULK #48 var homage Marvel Comics 2021 MAY210660 (W) Ewing (CA) Bennett"
IMMORTAL HULK #48 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SHE-HULK #15 var 1:100 Marvel Comics 2023 MAY230921 (CA) Perez (W) Rowell"
SHE-HULK #15 var 1 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MILES MORALES SPIDER-MAN #39 var Marvel Comics 2022 APR220955 (CA) Medina"
MILES MORALES SPID ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SENSATIONAL SHE-HULK #1 var homage Marvel Comics 2023 AUG230646 (CA) Granov"
SENSATIONAL SHE-HU ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "HULK #3 2nd ptg Marvel Comics 2022 DEC218857 (A/CA) Ottley (W) Cates"
HULK #3 2nd ptg Ma ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DETECTIVE COMICS #799 DC Comics 2004 (CA) Jock (W) Gabrych + McCarthy 230915A"
DETECTIVE COMICS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATMAN #140 Cvr F 1:25 DC Comics 2023 0923DC080 140F (W) Zdarsky (CA) Mattina"
BATMAN #140 Cvr F ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #86 var Marvel Comics 2022 NOV210833 (CA) McKone (W) Ziglar"
AMAZING SPIDER-MAN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SHE-HULK #2 var X-Gwen Marvel Comics 2022 NOV210850 (CA) Nakayama 240415D"
NEW!
SHE-HULK #2 var X- ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATMAN & SCOOBY-DOO MYSTERIES #4 DC Comics 2024 0224DC158 (A/CA) Huang"
NEW!
BATMAN & SCOOBY-DO ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Cutthroat" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Power of the Primes Punch-Counterpunch and Prima Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Elita-1" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Toys Megatron Cyberverse Ultimate Class Action Figure - Repeatable Fusion Mega Shot Action Attack Move - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 11.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Unicronus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Mirage Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Generations Legends Class Windcharger Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Titans Return Legends Class Autobot Cosmos" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Optimus Prime Voice Changer Helmet" on AMAZON