This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Possible new pics of Headrobots Hothead

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Possible new pics of Headrobots Hothead

Postby El Duque » Tue Aug 31, 2010 12:54 pm

Motto: "I ain't got time to bleed!"
Weapon: Gattling Gun
http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/prod ... ode=retail

I think these are new pics. I've never seen them before and I check the news on here daily. Anyway, if they aren't new my apologies.

edit: Guess I should have posted this in the 3rd party fourm.
El Duque
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 5749

New Image of HeadRobots Hothead

Postby Blurrz » Tue Aug 31, 2010 1:15 pm

Motto: "scream drive faster"
Weapon: Electro-Laser Cannon
Nothing's better than some new head. And when that new head happens to be a Headmaster for both Generation One Hardhead and Universe Hardhead, you can't help but admire. We've seen this project start from renders to prototype pictures, and now we finally get pre-production photos of HeadRobot's Hothead thanks to site sponsors BigBadToyStore, TFsource and Seibertron.com member El Duque. This kit not only features a brand new Headmaster, but also enough weapons to turn Decepticons into swiss cheese. Check out the awesome below, and if you like it, you'll find pre-orders for it at our various site sponsors!

Keep it at Seibertron.com for the fastest Transformers news on the net!
Blurrz
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 1452
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 10
Endurance: 6
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 5

Re: Possible new pics of Headrobots Hothead

Postby Doctor McGrath » Tue Aug 31, 2010 2:58 pm

Motto: "This is quick but not quite painless.."
Weapon: Semi-Automatic Glue Gun
Hmm, slightly underimpressed but still a solid add-in. I'll take it!
El Duque wrote:Quite a firestorm I started here :michaelbay:
Doctor McGrath
Gestalt
News Credits: 5
Buy from Doctor McGrath on eBay
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Courage: 7
Skill: 8

Postby whacko » Tue Aug 31, 2010 3:04 pm

Weapon: Proton Rifle
Hmm it is odd to spend so much R&D time on such a minor character. I would say that this add-on looks relatively decent on the G1 toy, but much less so on the Universe toy. Also the guns look like cheap dollar store accessories the way they are unfilled on the bottom.
whacko
Minibot
News Credits: 2
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 6
Endurance: 9
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Postby El Duque » Tue Aug 31, 2010 3:52 pm

Motto: "I ain't got time to bleed!"
Weapon: Gattling Gun
Looks pretty impressive to me. Glad I was able land a Universe Hardhead.
El Duque
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 5749

Postby RK_Striker_JK_5 » Tue Aug 31, 2010 3:58 pm

Motto: "'Til All are One!"
Weapon: Electron Gun
El Duque wrote:Looks pretty impressive to me. Glad I was able land a Universe Hardhead.

Same here. :) It looks rather nice. Low-key, too. Sometimes smaller is better.
Not caring about scale since 1984. Just like Hasbro.
RK_Striker_JK_5
Faction Commander
Strength: 4
Endurance: 10
Courage: 9
Firepower: 4
Skill: 6

Postby LOST Cybertronian » Tue Aug 31, 2010 4:21 pm

Motto: "I've looked into the eye of this island and what I saw was...beautiful"
Weapon: Double-Barreled, Armor-Piercing Particle Beam Cann...
Looks pretty impressive, my universe hardhead is waiting for his head.
-Kanrabat- wrote:YEah, too many Transformers are in a serious need of a good rim job.

Blast Cannon wrote:This thread is brilliant. Duragrip you are a gloriously weird sexual deviant and I love it.
LOST Cybertronian
Faction Commander
News Credits: 1235
Buy from LOST Cybertronian on eBay

Postby Mindmaster » Tue Aug 31, 2010 4:49 pm

Motto: "For I have dipped my hands in muddied waters, and, withdrawing them, find 'tis better to be a commander than a common man!"
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
I still want this guy. :sad: Other than that, reeeeeeeaaaaaaaalllllllllyyyyyyy awesome. Can't wait for Peaugh to review it. :lol:
They call me “Tanker Chungus”!

Va'al wrote:I keep track of everyone. Backwards.
There are atandarfs to maintain.

LOST Cybertronian wrote:Hey, If Mindmaster survived then you should do just fine.
Mindmaster
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 251
Watch Mindmaster on YouTube
Alt Mode: Cybertronian Jet
Strength: 8
Intelligence: Infinity
Firepower: 6

Postby Mkall » Tue Aug 31, 2010 5:14 pm

Weapon: Twin Sonic Cannons
Never having played with the head of universe hardhead, I'm interested to see how they'll pull it off. Either way, I cannot wait.

Discord: Mkall#0376

My Collection! Updated Oct 21, 2022
Mkall
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 402
Endurance: 6
Firepower: 6
Skill: 10

Postby Crisdecal » Tue Aug 31, 2010 5:59 pm

Motto: "Pimps up, hoes down!"
I have the G1 Hardhead & also Headrobots blue and regular snake heads but I'll have to pass this one up due to monetary issues.

The set is cool but hopefully Headrobots gets back to churning out more of the Japanese design Headmaster heads.
Check out my store for various Transformers items: www.crisdecal.ioffer.com
Crisdecal
Micromaster
News Credits: 1
Buy from Crisdecal on eBay

Postby AutobotMR2 » Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:18 pm

Motto: "That sound you hear is the roar of a Mach 5 engine speeding your way!"
Oh if only I had the funds to afford this and a Universe Hardhead...my Autobot faction is being overrun by Decepticons and requires reinforcements!!!! But I digress, 2 thumbs up just for having it work with the original headmaster toys.
Looking to acquire a complete set of the G1 Insecticons (Bombshell, Kickback, and Shrapnel). They dont have to be MISB, have the cards. The TRU re-issues are fine too. The only person that can verify my buying status is CounterPunch as he is the only person I have purchased from.
AutobotMR2
Vehicon
Speed: 10
Firepower: 8

Postby --B-- » Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:33 pm

Motto: "Doing things my own way and never giving up!"
I was really hoping for an update to the release, since "August 2010" is probably not gonna happen.

I just shipped my POL, so they can take their time!
Check out my sales thread, plenty of Generations, and Reveal the Shield figures for sale!!

generations-rts-deluxes-scouts-and-legends-along-with-voyager-lugnut-for-sale-t78434.php
--B--
Gestalt
Buy from --B-- on eBay

Postby LOST Cybertronian » Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:35 pm

I guess if we are just now seeing preproduction pics, then the delay until december that someone mentioned looks to be true.
-Kanrabat- wrote:YEah, too many Transformers are in a serious need of a good rim job.

Blast Cannon wrote:This thread is brilliant. Duragrip you are a gloriously weird sexual deviant and I love it.
LOST Cybertronian
Faction Commander

Postby Doctor McGrath » Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:38 pm

Motto: "This is quick but not quite painless.."
Weapon: Semi-Automatic Glue Gun
Don't get me wrong. I am still excited for this set, just was hoping for some more paint apps on the weapons. Hothead looks really cool though.
El Duque wrote:Quite a firestorm I started here :michaelbay:
Doctor McGrath
Gestalt
Buy from Doctor McGrath on eBay

Postby Hairball178 » Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:54 pm

I was able to snag Hardhead not too long ago at Wal-Mart (on "clearance" for his full price...but still, it was the first time I'd see one since they were clearanced in March), so I'm not gonna complain.

Now I need to plunk down money for this & the Whirl and Bludgeon upgrades, and set aside some cash for the Fans Project Protector upgrade.
Hairball178
Combiner

Postby Bumblevivisector » Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:00 pm

I'll be getting 2 of this set for sure, but I'm disappointed by one major flaw: the head looks too much like the original toy. Considering the point of most 3rd party upgrades is to produce something more media-accurate than Has/Tak, I really hoped the face would be accurate to Hardhead's show model head that I was so used to from the G1 comics, and which persisted through his spotlight in IDW. That head has a distinct mouth, connected visor, and a domed forehead with 2 crests. This looks like a hybrid of the toy and model designs, but still leaning too far towards the former

I guess this will satisfy Hardhead fans who lost the official head, but it's not like those are impossible to find. Sure they're expensive, but they're still a tad more attainable than a head that never even existed outside of drawings. Way to go HeadRobots.

Yes, I'm still going to end up buying multiples of everything you put out, because you're more likely to someday produce US/UK comic-accurate heads for Nightbeat and Siren than any other company (whoever did the models swapped them, but you can't just repaint them because the helmet guns aren't interchangeable between their vehicle hoods). You clearly did your homework on all those awesome animal heads Takara drew up back in the day, so I'm sure we can expect better from you in the future. And we're all impressed by a Duros that can kick Lego-ass. But someone had to raise this issue.
Bumblevivisector
Godmaster
Endurance: 5
Firepower: 9
Skill: 6

Postby TimPilot » Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:25 pm

Preordered two sets of this as soon as it was announced. Hope I'll get them soon. My G1 Hardhead is waiting to be pimped with new stickers from Reprolabels and this sweet-@$$ set. Untill then it's got the tan and green Headcobra attached. Still looking nice, but will be alot better with this set.
TimPilot
Micromaster

Postby Stockade » Wed Sep 01, 2010 3:25 am

Motto: ""Underwater, no one can hear Autobots scream!""
Weapon: Sunami Blaster
I bought Hardhead without knowing this set was coming out, but when i heard about it i was ecstatic!! So i cant wait for this to come out soon, i just hope it doesn't disappoint me and other collectors. Hell, i just got the new head for Skyfall from Venksta (sorry if i misspelled it) and im damn happy with it, its like a brand new figure and he fits in nicely and love the way everything looks!

Seacons: Hunt to live, Live to Hunt!
Stockade
Gestalt
News Credits: 2
Strength: 10
Speed: 5
Endurance: 10
Courage: 10
Skill: 7

Postby Blackstreak » Wed Sep 01, 2010 4:42 am

Motto: ""I'm stronger than I look, but not as strong as I think I am.""
Weapon: Laser Rifle
Hothead? I thought his name was Hardhead. Oh, I get it. Name change to avoid copyright infringement. It's early morning and I'm not awake yet. :P
Regardless, seeing this makes me wanna go out and buy one.

# of Transformers in collection: 332
Looking for 1985 Action Cards
Blackstreak
Godmaster
Watch Blackstreak on YouTube
Buy from Blackstreak on eBay
Alt Mode: Datsun 280 ZX or Dodge Viper
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 5
Speed: 9
Courage: 9

Postby LOST Cybertronian » Wed Sep 01, 2010 4:30 pm

Blackstreak wrote:Hothead? I thought his name was Hardhead. Oh, I get it. Name change to avoid copyright infringement. It's early morning and I'm not awake yet. :P
Regardless, seeing this makes me wanna go out and buy one.

Hothead is the name of the headmaster (head only) robot made by headrobots. Hardhead (both g1 and universe) is the name of the Hasbro Transformer that hothead was made for.

LOST Cybertronian
Faction Commander

Postby Kibble » Wed Sep 01, 2010 4:50 pm

Motto: "Life is like a triple-X choose your own adventure..."
Weapon: No Weapon
--B-- wrote:I was really hoping for an update to the release, since "August 2010" is probably not gonna happen.

From TFsource Facebook yesterday:
"We received an update that Headrobots Hot Head is now close to being ready to ship out, and we should have them instock in the next 1-2 weeks!"

I assume BBTS wouldn't be too far behind...
Kibble
City Commander
News Credits: 3

Postby --B-- » Thu Sep 02, 2010 5:36 am

Motto: "Doing things my own way and never giving up!"
Kibble wrote:
--B-- wrote:I was really hoping for an update to the release, since "August 2010" is probably not gonna happen.

From TFsource Facebook yesterday:
"We received an update that Headrobots Hot Head is now close to being ready to ship out, and we should have them instock in the next 1-2 weeks!"

I assume BBTS wouldn't be too far behind...

Yeah, I saw that last night, oh well. Live and learn. He's the last thing Ihave on pre-order from BBTS, so he ships all alone!
Check out my sales thread, plenty of Generations, and Reveal the Shield figures for sale!!

generations-rts-deluxes-scouts-and-legends-along-with-voyager-lugnut-for-sale-t78434.php
--B--
Gestalt
Buy from --B-- on eBay

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "LASERBEAK Transformers Studio Series Core Class Pink Bumblebee Hasbro 2022 New"
LASERBEAK Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WHEELJACK Transformers Studio Series 81 Deluxe Bumblebee Hasbro 2022 New"
WHEELJACK Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BARRICADE Transformers Studio Series Gamer Edition +02 Deluxe WFC 2023 New"
BARRICADE Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "JOLT Transformers Studio Series 75 Deluxe ROTF Hasbro 2021 New"
JOLT Transformers ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BRAWN Transformers Studio Series 80 Deluxe Bumblebee Hasbro 2022 New"
BRAWN Transformers ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WHEELIE Transformers Studio Series 86 Core Class Hasbro 2022 New"
WHEELIE Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE FALLEN Transformers Studio Series 91 Revenge of ROTF Leader Hasbro 2022 New"
THE FALLEN Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "STARSCREAM Transformers Studio Series Gamer Edition +06 Voyager WFC 2024 New"
NEW!
STARSCREAM Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MEGATRON Transformers Studio Series Gamer Edition +04 Voyager WFC IN-STOCK 08/08"
MEGATRON Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "AIRAZOR Transformers Studio Series 97 Deluxe Rise Beasts ROTB Hasbro 2023 New"
AIRAZOR Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SCRAPHEAP Transformers Studio Series 86-24 Animated Movie Voyager 2024 New"
SCRAPHEAP Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DINOBOT SLUDGE Transformers Studio Series 86-15 Movie Leader Hasbro 2022 New"
DINOBOT SLUDGE Tra ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BLURR Transformers Studio Series 86-03 Animated Movie Deluxe Hasbro 2021 New"
BLURR Transformers ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "EXO-SUIT SPIKE WITWICKY Transformers Studio Series 86 Core Class 2022 230131A"
EXO-SUIT SPIKE WIT ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #346 - Gas Station Jamboree
Twincast / Podcast #346:
"Gas Station Jamboree"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, March 23rd, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Slug" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Terrorcon Hun-Gurrr" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Sinnertwin" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Nemesis Prime (Amazon Exclusive)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Swoop" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 08 Leader Class Movie 1 Decepticon Blackout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class Huffer Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Potato Head Transformers Mixable Mashable Heroes as Optimus Prime and Grimlock Figures" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Playskool Heroes Rescue Bots Optimus Prime Racing Trailer" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Chaos on Velocitron 5-Figure Pack" on AMAZON