This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Bay Dispells Rumors; Confirms TF3 Will Be In 3D

Discuss anything and everything related to the Transformers Live Action Films franchise, which are directed by Michael Bay. Join us to discuss the movies and stuff up to date with news for the 2017 release of Transformers 5. Check out our Live Action Film section here.

Bay Dispells Rumors; Confirms TF3 Will Be In 3D

Postby DevastaTTor » Fri Sep 10, 2010 4:21 am

After some recent internet speculation that Transformers 3 is not being shot in 3D which included rumors on the forum of Michael Bay's own site ShootfortheEdit.com, Bay has posted the following heated responsed:

"Who is this moron posting about what I'm shooting with??? People have no idea how hard we have worked to bring 3D filming into live action shooting. We have invented rigs and systems to place 3d cameras like no other live action movie has done before. The proof will be noticed on the final product.

Michael"

To check out the original post, click the link below:

http://www.shootfortheedit.com/forum/sh ... viewfull=1

A previous post from site admin Nelson that showed one of the Sony 3D cameras being used while shooting the movie was also added in response to the thread.

Transformers 3 is scheduled to be released July 1, 2011.
Last edited by DevastaTTor on Fri Sep 10, 2010 4:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Check out my BST Sales Thread HERE!

Equal Opportunity Transforming Robot Collector
DevastaTTor
Gestalt
News Credits: 198

Re: Bay Dispells Rumors; Confirms TF3 Will Be In 3D

Postby Burn » Fri Sep 10, 2010 4:26 am

Motto: "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings to randomly click things in the Admin Panel to see what it breaks."
Didn't he say that months ago?
Burn
Forum Admin
News Credits: 226

Postby DevastaTTor » Fri Sep 10, 2010 4:29 am

Burn wrote:Didn't he say that months ago?

I thought so, but apparently some people refuse to listen. Hopefully this will end any speculation.

DevastaTTor
Gestalt

Postby City Commander » Fri Sep 10, 2010 5:11 am

Weapon: Air Rifle
What's that? TF3 not in 3D?

The people must be informed!
Electron wrote:sledge your comments are like a fat chick raping a hot dog, its unpleasent to watch but in the end its gonna happen

Mr O wrote:I'm part Irish, part Scottish, very Welsh, mostly drunk, somewhat Transformers nerd and all bastard.
City Commander
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 6
Buy from City Commander on eBay
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 7
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby Solrac333 » Fri Sep 10, 2010 5:55 am

God I hate 3D.
:-x
Bah weep granah weep nini bon!
Solrac333
Gestalt
News Credits: 1
Watch Solrac333 on YouTube
Buy from Solrac333 on eBay
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 10+

Postby Ravage XK » Fri Sep 10, 2010 6:09 am

Motto: "Are those my feet?"
Weapon: 20 Megavolt Stun Rifle
I also do not like 3D. All I want is a nice clean, digital image. A decent 2D image on a screen thats in focus and with the sound correctly adjusted. 3D can take a hike.

TF COUNT: Lost count!
Latest Additions: Haslab Unicron, Siege Jetifre, SS Blitzwing
Ravage XK
Gestalt
News Credits: 15
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 4
Speed: 9

Postby Cheetron » Fri Sep 10, 2010 6:22 am

As one of the people who physically cannot watch movies in 3D, this doesn't make me want to go watch it anymore. I am guessing (probably true) that it'll be in 2D too. I sure hope so. Being partially colorblind with glasses sucks.
Cheetron
Pretender

Postby Kingpun » Fri Sep 10, 2010 6:53 am

I really hope that it isn't glaringly noticeable that it was meant for 3D when you watch it in 2D. Because you have to think of home media too. But Bay's got a better eye than anyone else in Hollywood (except for continuity), so I'm hoping that he can keep both formats in mind when he is shooting the movie. Obviously they're looking at standard monitors while shooting, so I don't think it will be a problem.
Kingpun
Micromaster

Postby Albershide » Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:07 am

Ha ha ha!

I like Bay's reactions. This is the second time he uses the word "moron" in the past week. It appears that he writes on his forum only when is pissed. It's good that he writes at all.
Albershide
Vehicon
News Credits: 24

Postby First-Aid » Fri Sep 10, 2010 9:14 am

Motto: "This won't hurt me a bit."
Weapon: Laser Scalpel
Damn! That camera has more cords on it than my live performance keyboard rig! And that's saying something...

At least he is shooting it in traditional 3D and not doing that horrible conversion that's ruining movies everywhere (to be fair, some movies were already ruined...<cough> <cough> <Pirhana> <cough>).
It finally happened. The Chicago Cubs won the World Series. Yes, I cried.

-Kanrabat- wrote:
TF-fan kev777 wrote:
First-Aid wrote:Okay, did anyone else notice that we all get a wonderful shot of Starscreams crotch anytime he sits in that throne? That's unnerving. Couldn't they have put n extra flap in there? It's....weird.

Its kind of like Basic Instinct, but not in a good way...

Goddammit, now I can't unsee it.
First-Aid
Faction Commander
News Credits: 2
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 5
Courage: 10
Firepower: 2

Postby Joker'sRequiem » Fri Sep 10, 2010 9:33 am

Motto: "A wise man speaks because he has something to say; A fool speaks because he has to say something"
Weapon: Dual Rocket-Propelled Grenade Launcher
First-Aid wrote:At least he is shooting it in traditional 3D and not doing that horrible conversion that's ruining movies everywhere (to be fair, some movies were already ruined...<cough> <cough> <Pirhana> <cough>).

You beat me to it. I sat through The Last Airbender and left not only pissed at how horrible the movie was, but pissed that I paid $10 for a 3D film that had absolutely no 3D effects. Thankfully Bay is following Cameron's lead and insistence that the only way to make it really work is to film it in 3D.

I do hope that 1) there is a 2D alternative so if I want to see it more than once I don't have to see it in 3D every time ad 2) the 3D isn't the obvious, gimmicky 3D that's only there to make you think Optimus is going to punch you in the face.
Currently in need of: RID Rail Spike robot mode head (not Rail Racer's head); RID Midnight Express gun; RID Rapid Run missile; Animated Ultra Magnus' Hammer
Joker'sRequiem
Minibot
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 10+
Endurance: 10

Postby First-Aid » Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:55 am

Motto: "This won't hurt me a bit."
Weapon: Laser Scalpel
There will be 2D versions as only certain theaters are equipped for the new digital 3D that Cameron used.

On "The Last Airbender", what's amazing is that- despite M. Knight Shame-a-lot's recent and repeated failures, studios are still willing to put his movies on the big screen. That movie cost like $150 million to make, and it grossed something just under $100 million worldwide. Not quite "Pluto Nash" but DAMN that's a huge waste of cash.
It finally happened. The Chicago Cubs won the World Series. Yes, I cried.

-Kanrabat- wrote:
TF-fan kev777 wrote:
First-Aid wrote:Okay, did anyone else notice that we all get a wonderful shot of Starscreams crotch anytime he sits in that throne? That's unnerving. Couldn't they have put n extra flap in there? It's....weird.

Its kind of like Basic Instinct, but not in a good way...

Goddammit, now I can't unsee it.
First-Aid
Faction Commander
Strength: 3
Endurance: 5
Firepower: 2

Postby DevastaTTor » Fri Sep 10, 2010 12:37 pm

First-Aid wrote:There will be 2D versions as only certain theaters are equipped for the new digital 3D that Cameron used.

On "The Last Airbender", what's amazing is that- despite M. Knight Shame-a-lot's recent and repeated failures, studios are still willing to put his movies on the big screen. That movie cost like $150 million to make, and it grossed something just under $100 million worldwide. Not quite "Pluto Nash" but DAMN that's a huge waste of cash.

Actually it's up to 253.4 million worldwide so it's made money, but it still looks like a rancid turd of a movie to me.

DevastaTTor
Gestalt

Postby Maxima » Fri Sep 10, 2010 2:38 pm

Motto: ""Tempt Fate! an' toss it all t' Hell!""
Weapon: Plasma Cannon
DevastaTTor wrote:After some recent internet speculation that Transformers 3 is not being shot in 3D which included rumors on the forum of Michael Bay's own site ShootfortheEdit.com, Bay has posted the following heated responsed:

"Who is this moron posting about what I'm shooting with??? People have no idea how hard we have worked to bring 3D filming into live action shooting. We have invented rigs and systems to place 3d cameras like no other live action movie has done before. The proof will be noticed on the final product.

Michael"

LMAO! Well, Mr. Bay knows exactly how to dispell the rumors, doesn't he? LOL

~Lady B
Maxima
Mini-Con
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 10
Endurance: 9
Courage: 9
Firepower: 8
Skill: 8

Postby Decepticon Spike » Fri Sep 10, 2010 4:03 pm

Motto: "Do what's right."
Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
omega666 wrote:God I hate 3D.
:-x

I hate wearing those glasses. Plus I can enjoy a 2D movie just as much.
Decepticon Spike
Brainmaster
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 10
Endurance: 2
Courage: 6
Firepower: 10

Postby Pyrostrata » Fri Sep 10, 2010 6:20 pm

Motto: "Autobots just BORE me!"
Weapon: Flamethrower Cannons
We all know, from past experience, that Michael Bay is a consummate liar and not one word that exits his lips is at all credible.

Even if any of it holds a kernel of truth, it hardly matters....3D is rather useless anyways..not worth the extra few dollars to put on greasy glasses and watch MAYBE 2-3 minutes of 3D footage in a two hour movie. If I had any interest whatsoever in seeing it, I'd be doing so the old fashioned 2D way...and, for the record, I am not interested in seeing it at all.
Cannabis Prime wrote:I didn't know a super-sonic jet could park on the grass like that!

Caboose wrote:Time is not made out of lines! Time is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round!

The First Lady of Rage on the Twincast Podcast! http://www.seibertron.com/podcast/

Desperately seeking: Individual weapons (flash included) and missiles for G1 Reflector! PM me if ya got em!
Pyrostrata
Podcast Staff
Strength: 8
Speed: 9
Firepower: 6

Postby SlyTF1 » Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:24 pm

Motto: "If my first sacrifice wasn't enough, maybe you would prefer to pay with your funky blood."
Weapon: Sword
I hope Unicron comes, shoves his hand through the screen and crushed the whole planet! :D
I Am.
SlyTF1
Faction Commander
News Credits: 37
Watch SlyTF1 on YouTube
Alt Mode: The entire universe
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Endurance: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: Infinity

Postby soundwave#1!!!500% » Sat Sep 11, 2010 12:55 pm

Motto: ".All who fight beside me shall live another day, but ones who dont shall die."
Weapon: Gyro-Blaster Rifle
:CON: i just checked and bay said it will not be in 3d and sorry for the confusion everyone :CON:
soundwave#1!!!500%
Micromaster
Buy from soundwave#1!!!500% on eBay
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: 7
Endurance: 10+
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 7

Return to Transformers Live Action Film Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BULKHEAD Transformers Legacy Voyager Class Prime Universe Hasbro 2022 New"
BULKHEAD Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BWVS-01 OPTIMUS PRIMAL + MEGATRON Transformers Beast Wars Again Kingdom 2023 New"
BWVS-01 OPTIMUS PR ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SHADOW STRIKER Transformers Legacy Evolution Deluxe Cyberverse Hasbro 2023 New"
SHADOW STRIKER Tra ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "JHIAXUS Transformers Legacy Voyager Class G2 Hasbro 2022 New **IN-STOCK NOW**"
JHIAXUS Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SKULLGRIN Transformers Legacy Deluxe Class Hasbro 2022 New"
SKULLGRIN Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K2 RATTRAP Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Core Hasbro 2020 New"
WFC-K2 RATTRAP Tra ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Armada HOT SHOT Transformers Legacy Evolution Deluxe Class Hasbro 2023 New"
Armada HOT SHOT Tr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K10 MEGATRON Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Leader Beast Wars 2021 New"
WFC-K10 MEGATRON T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BLUDGEON Transformers Legacy Evolution Voyager Hasbro 2023 New"
BLUDGEON Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "CLOUDCOVER Transformers Legacy Evolution Voyager G2 Universe Hasbro 2023 New"
CLOUDCOVER Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ENERGON MEGATRON Transformers Legacy United Core Class Hasbro 2024 New"
ENERGON MEGATRON T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "CYCLONUS + NIGHTSTICK Transformers Legacy Generations Selects Voyager 2022 New"
CYCLONUS + NIGHTST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERTRON Transformers Legacy United Voyager Class Prime Hasbro 2024 New"
THUNDERTRON Transf ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BWVS-04 TIGATRON + BLACKARACHNIA Transformers Beast Wars Again Kingdom Hasbro"
BWVS-04 TIGATRON + ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Computron Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Terrorcon Hun-Gurrr" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 12 Voyager Class Movie 1 Decepticon Brawl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Sinnertwin" on AMAZON
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Generations Legends Class Windcharger Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Air Raid Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Class Thundercracker Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Costanza Action Figure" on AMAZON