This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

New Toy Gallery: Takara Animated Rodimus

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

New Toy Gallery: Takara Animated Rodimus

Postby Blurrz » Mon Sep 13, 2010 6:41 pm

Motto: "scream drive faster"
Weapon: Electro-Laser Cannon
Whatever you can do, we can do better. The following phrase has been unanimous among the majority of fans concerning Takara toys compared to Hasbro toys, such as Micron Legend over Armada, or Henkei over Classics. Now that Takara's taken Animated under their wing, there's been mixed reviews. The latest figure made by Takara is Rodimus, and with that, his rank of Prime and energon bow have made it's way into the toy galleries of Seibertron.com. Hasbro's Rodimus Minor's red is not dark enough compared to the cartoon, Sons of Cybertron Rodimus' has clear red plastic, and Takara's version has missed the mark completely - colored in metallic magenta. Check out the shiny figure below!

Rodimus

Keep it at Seibertron.com for the fastest Transformers news on the net!
Blurrz
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 1452
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 10
Endurance: 6
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 5

Re: New Toy Gallery: Takara Animated Rodimus

Postby Autobot032 » Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:13 pm

Weapon: Switch Blade Tail
That is a very ugly shade of...crap.

I'll pay extra for the Hasbro version.

I don't mind the chrome, I thought I would, but it's the color that kills it for me.

*sighs* $30.00 for a $15.00 figure? Here I come.
NOTE: Realize that I am not a perfect Christian, nor do I profess to be. I apologize if anyone's ever offended by me, I'm not perfect. Don't hold my posts and opinions against other Christians.
Autobot032
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 668
Buy from Autobot032 on eBay

Postby kirbenvost » Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:34 pm

Motto: "Deal with it."
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
Yep, I'm glas I was able to get my hands on the Hasbro version. And so soon, compared to the horrendous delay experienced with Arcee.
------------------------------
Old collection pics
For Sale/Trade
kirbenvost
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 11
Buy from kirbenvost on eBay
Strength: 6
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 7
Firepower: 9
Skill: 10

Postby f-primus-unicron » Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:31 pm

Motto: ""Destruction its the only true way to wisdom""
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
i really thinks it looks better than hasbro's
but its my personal opinion
f-primus-unicron
Minibot
Watch f-primus-unicron on YouTube
Alt Mode: blackbird jet fighter hybrid
Strength: 3
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 8
Endurance: 2
Courage: 5
Firepower: 2

Postby Overcracker » Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:14 pm

Motto: "Collecting little transforming action figures is the right of all sentient Geeks."
Weapon: Indepentently Targetable Particle Beam Cannons
I don't know why everybody complains about the color. Yes its not red. Its more like Purply Magenta, but its actually very nice in person.

I like it more than the matte Hasbro version. Though I would have like to have payed less for him.

But since I don't have a Toys R' Us near me, this was my only option.
Check the Collection Manager Updates at the thread in the General discussion forum.
TF Search Website First Beta is now up. Click this link!
Beast Wars complete, Beast Machines almost done.
Last Update: March 14, 2024:
Now holding 1000!!! figures and 2310 releases of figures. Please check forum post above
Overcracker
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 5
Watch Overcracker on YouTube
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 9
Courage: 9
Firepower: Infinity

Postby kirbenvost » Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:57 am

Motto: "Deal with it."
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
Overcracker wrote:I don't know why everybody complains about the color. Yes its not red. Its more like Purply Magenta, but its actually very nice in person.

I like it more than the matte Hasbro version. Though I would have like to have payed less for him.

But since I don't have a Toys R' Us near me, this was my only option.

The Hasbro one is pretty glossy, just not metallic. I actually wish it was matte, then it would match most of the others.
Old collection pics
For Sale/Trade
kirbenvost
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 11
Buy from kirbenvost on eBay
Strength: 6
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 7
Firepower: 9

Postby jack270606 » Tue Sep 14, 2010 2:44 pm

I agree, he should have been more red.. Hot Rod, Rodimus prime/Minor whatever you wanna call him is red.. but search google for images of animated rodimus and you'll see, the Takara colour is spot on. i'm glad i ordered mine, more gutted about wingblade optimus being transparent..
jack270606
Mini-Con

Postby Blurrz » Tue Sep 14, 2010 7:32 pm

Motto: "scream drive faster"
Weapon: Electro-Laser Cannon
jack270606 wrote:I agree, he should have been more red.. Hot Rod, Rodimus prime/Minor whatever you wanna call him is red.. but search google for images of animated rodimus and you'll see, the Takara colour is spot on. i'm glad i ordered mine, more gutted about wingblade optimus being transparent..

But Rodimus didn't shine like a fairy Prime in the cartoon..
Blurrz
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 1452
Strength: 7
Speed: 10
Endurance: 6
Firepower: 7

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #10 Marvel Comics 1985 (CA) Baker (W) Budiansky 210422A"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #16 Marvel Comics 1986 (CA) Trimpe (W) Kaminski 210422A"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #28 Marvel Comics 1987 (CA) Akin (W) Budiansky 231010E"
NEW!
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers WARS END #4 Cvr A IDW Comics 2022 MAR220508 War's End 4A Lawrence"
Transformers WARS ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #49 Marvel Comics 1989 (W) Budiansky (A/CA) Delbo 230915T"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers KING GRIMLOCK #4 Cvr A IDW Comics 2021 SEP210484 4A (CA) Wilkins"
Transformers KING ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS THE MOVIE #1 Marvel Comics 1986 (A/CA) Perlin (W) Macchio 230915P"
TRANSFORMERS THE M ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #8 Cvr A Image Comics 2024 0224IM320 8A (A/CA) De Felici (W) Kirkman"
NEW!
VOID RIVALS #8 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers MOVIE PREQUEL #1 RE IDW Comics 2007 1RE Brian's Toys 230323"
Transformers MOVIE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #45 Marvel Comics 1988 (W/CA) Budiansky (A) Delbo 231208A"
NEW!
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS #8 Cvr B IDW Comics 2021 JUL210497 8B (CA) Gee"
TRANSFORMERS BEAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DUKE #3 Cvr C 1:10 Image Comics 2024 3C GI JOE 1223IM273 (CA) Boss + Wordie"
NEW!
DUKE #3 Cvr C 1:10 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #23 Marvel Comics 1986 (CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 230926W"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #27 Cvr B IDW Comics 2021 NOV200364 27B (CA) Powell (W) Ruckley"
TRANSFORMERS #27 C ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Cindersaur" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Terrorcon Hun-Gurrr" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Windblade and Scorchfire" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Sinnertwin" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series Number 14 Voyager Class Autobot Ironhide" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Deception Off Road Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titan Class Metroplex with Autobot Scamper Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 02 Deluxe Class Movie 3 Decepticon Stinger" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations, Platinum Edition, One Shall Stand, One Shall Fall" on AMAZON