This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Extensive Look at Pre-Production Headrobot's Hothead

Do you love your new Hercules set? Can't get enough of FansProject's items? Upset that you bought a knock off when you thought you were getting an original? Use this forum to tell everyone your thoughts about unlicensed and knock off TF products.

Extensive Look at Pre-Production Headrobot's Hothead

Postby Blurrz » Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:45 pm

Motto: "scream drive faster"
Weapon: Electro-Laser Cannon
Many Transformers fans have been patiently waiting for the latest add-ons from third party HeadRobots. Their second product is Hothead, upgrades for both Universe Hardhead and Generation One Hardhead. A member over at Cybertron.ca by the name of Solscud007, received a pre-production sample of the set and was kind enough to share photos with us. In the pictures, you'll see that the set comes with the Headmaster, two rifles, one cannon, a G1 neck adapter, and two parts of the so-called 'Wonder Backpack'. In the photos you'll find that the add-ons are seemingly easy to assemble onto both Hardheads. Check it out below!

You'll find more images over at Cybertron.ca

Keep it at Seibertron.com for the fastest Transformers news on the net!
Blurrz
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 1452
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 10
Endurance: 6
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 5

Re: Extensive Look at Pre-Production Headrobot's Hothead

Postby Mkall » Tue Sep 14, 2010 12:15 am

Weapon: Twin Sonic Cannons
Hubba hubba

Discord: Mkall#0376

My Collection! Updated Oct 21, 2022
Mkall
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 402
Strength: 7
Speed: 6
Endurance: 6
Firepower: 6
Skill: 10

Postby TimPilot » Tue Sep 14, 2010 1:45 am

Holy Primus!!! :x
I'm so happy I ordered two of this set. My headless G1 Hardhead will look soooo good :D
TimPilot
Micromaster

Postby Stockade » Tue Sep 14, 2010 3:22 am

Motto: ""Underwater, no one can hear Autobots scream!""
Weapon: Sunami Blaster
I really like this set! the more i see it, the more i cant wait for it, but one question still ponders me and that is will the new head have see-thru or a light up visor when pressing HardHead gimmick button? I mean if it doesnt no sweat off of my brow, but if it did, hats off to this company.

Seacons: Hunt to live, Live to Hunt!
Stockade
Gestalt
News Credits: 2
Strength: 10
Speed: 5
Endurance: 10
Courage: 10
Firepower: 9
Skill: 7

Postby Gripen1974 » Tue Sep 14, 2010 3:28 am

Motto: "Speed, Stealth and Storms is the 3 S that is essential tools for a good recon run"
Weapon: Rapid-Fire Sonic Shell Cannons
I hope they make a recolour of this set so it could be used by henkei Onslaught or the classic Onslaught.

I would buy that one in no time to fill out my deception shelf.
Gripen1974
Micromaster
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 10
Endurance: 5
Firepower: 4
Skill: 8

Postby The Legend » Tue Sep 14, 2010 5:09 am

I won't be getting one since I can't find Uni Hardhead but, still, it looks good. Seems they cheaped out on the arms though, they are both molded as right arms.
The Legend
Headmaster Jr

Postby Forgotten » Tue Sep 14, 2010 5:11 am

Motto: ""Give me a piece of break" - my 3 year old son"
Looks great. I remember them saying that they had plans to do a repaint to match Onslaught, and I also THINK I remember them saying that since the LED is in the chest of Hardhead/Onslaught that the light up visor trick was going to work with Hothead.
Currently searching for Cybertron Supreme Starscream & G2 Go-Bots Megatron, Complete at good prices. PM if you can help please.
Forgotten
Transmetal Warrior
News Credits: 8
Watch Forgotten on YouTube
Buy from Forgotten on eBay

Postby DTR69 » Tue Sep 14, 2010 6:33 am

The Legend wrote:I won't be getting one since I can't find Uni Hardhead but, still, it looks good. Seems they cheaped out on the arms though, they are both molded as right arms.

Well spotted, I doubt they would of saved much by doing so as those parts were probaly all molded at the same time, it's more likely that the person who assembled this one picked up 2 right arms by mistake.

Compared to what else is being released, I can't see a great improvement over the original, I would of hoped for a tad more articulation and beter sculpting. Still it does make me want Classics Hard Head now, Has Tak will be better off letting the third Parties continue, tehy make me buy stuff I other wise would leave on the sehelves.
DTR69
Fuzor

Postby Solscud007 » Tue Sep 14, 2010 7:04 am

You are correct. The QA missed the fact that it was assembled with two right arms. I have since brought up the issue with them.

Sorry I should have taken a picture to illustrate, YES the Blue visor is transparent and the head is designed so that the LED in the neck will show thru the visor. However, the LED is red and the visor is blue. Nothing we could do about that.

hopefully, if Hothead Duro-5 sells well, there will be monies to fund an onslaught. The design has already been worked out. New face plate, not just a simple recolor, and new accessories are planned. But that is way off into the future. Who know what will happen.
Solscud007
Mini-Con

Postby Solscud007 » Tue Sep 14, 2010 7:08 am

DTR69 wrote:Compared to what else is being released, I can't see a great improvement over the original, I would of hoped for a tad more articulation and beter sculpting. Still it does make me want Classics Hard Head now, Has Tak will be better off letting the third Parties continue, tehy make me buy stuff I other wise would leave on the sehelves.

you are a hard guy to please. there is a lot more articulation. ball jointed shoulders and hips. Independent legs, when compared to the G1 where the legs were pinned together at the knees. Better sculpt? how? Its just some guns and a little guy that turns into a head.

Why dont you make something yourself. Design it, prototype it, and actually manufacture it and then see how well it goes.
Solscud007
Mini-Con

Postby DTR69 » Tue Sep 14, 2010 7:27 am

Solscud007 wrote:
DTR69 wrote:Compared to what else is being released, I can't see a great improvement over the original, I would of hoped for a tad more articulation and beter sculpting. Still it does make me want Classics Hard Head now, Has Tak will be better off letting the third Parties continue, tehy make me buy stuff I other wise would leave on the sehelves.

you are a hard guy to please. there is a lot more articulation. ball jointed shoulders and hips. Independent legs, when compared to the G1 where the legs were pinned together at the knees. Better sculpt? how? Its just some guns and a little guy that turns into a head.

Why dont you make something yourself. Design it, prototype it, and actually manufacture it and then see how well it goes.

I'm just saying compared to what other's are dishing out I expect a little more now. I still think it makes a figure that I would of otherise ignored, now on my wishlist. Yeah maybe I am beeing a bit unapreciative, but you got to admit the standards have ben raised alot recently.
DTR69
Fuzor

Postby City Commander » Tue Sep 14, 2010 7:28 am

Weapon: Air Rifle
Solscud007 wrote:

I'd ignore him if I were you, he complains about alot of great stuff that everyone else seems to love.

I'd get this. But sadly, Hardhead is a bitch to find ANYWHERE.
Electron wrote:sledge your comments are like a fat chick raping a hot dog, its unpleasent to watch but in the end its gonna happen

Mr O wrote:I'm part Irish, part Scottish, very Welsh, mostly drunk, somewhat Transformers nerd and all bastard.
City Commander
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 6
Buy from City Commander on eBay
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 9
Endurance: 7
Skill: 9

Postby Solscud007 » Tue Sep 14, 2010 7:31 am

City Commander wrote:
I'd ignore him if I were you, he complains about alot of great stuff that everyone else seems to love.

I managed to pick up two hardheads. one MISB and one MIB. willing to trade one for a punch counter punch. long shot but gotta try.
Solscud007
Mini-Con

Postby Solscud007 » Tue Sep 14, 2010 7:34 am

DTR69 wrote: I'm just saying compared to what other's are dishing out I expect a little more now. I still think it makes a figure that I would of otherise ignored, now on my wishlist. Yeah maybe I am beeing a bit unapreciative, but you got to admit the standards have ben raised alot recently.

only one company has exceeded expectations and that is Fansproject.

Everything else is bantha poodoo. Albeit an occasional exception. Most stuff is overly designed for no good reason, or plain poor engineered in the design.

also in defense of the design, It does try to cover both G1 and Universe/Classics. Not a simple thing to accomplish in designing the aesthetics as well as the engineering.

If you make it too much like G1, it doesnt work with Classics and vice versa.
Solscud007
Mini-Con

Postby City Commander » Tue Sep 14, 2010 7:58 am

Weapon: Air Rifle
Solscud007 wrote:
City Commander wrote:

I managed to pick up two hardheads. one MISB and one MIB. willing to trade one for a punch counter punch. long shot but gotta try.

Wish I had a P/CP to trade! Best of luck with your hunt mate.

I think a good job has been done with this kit.
Electron wrote:sledge your comments are like a fat chick raping a hot dog, its unpleasent to watch but in the end its gonna happen

Mr O wrote:I'm part Irish, part Scottish, very Welsh, mostly drunk, somewhat Transformers nerd and all bastard.
City Commander
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 6
Buy from City Commander on eBay
Skill: 9

Postby DTR69 » Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:24 am

Solscud007 wrote:
DTR69 wrote: I'm just saying compared to what other's are dishing out I expect a little more now. I still think it makes a figure that I would of otherise ignored, now on my wishlist. Yeah maybe I am beeing a bit unapreciative, but you got to admit the standards have ben raised alot recently.

only one company has exceeded expectations and that is Fansproject.

Everything else is bantha poodoo. Albeit an occasional exception. Most stuff is overly designed for no good reason, or plain poor engineered in the design.

also in defense of the design, It does try to cover both G1 and Universe/Classics. Not a simple thing to accomplish in designing the aesthetics as well as the engineering.

If you make it too much like G1, it doesnt work with Classics and vice versa.

Not just igear, did you not see nova prime, and what about all of igar's stuff, also the mp devastator, all the renditions of arcee including the headmaster version. And I still think it's good, I'm just saying I have been so impressed recently with what others have delivered, I just don't get the same wow factor with this, that's all. I'm still greatfull that people go out of there way to fix what should of been done in the first place, and it is probaly better than what hasbro would of given us.
DTR69
Fuzor

Postby DTR69 » Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:31 am

City Commander wrote:
Solscud007 wrote:

What's your problem, are you some kind of cyber bully telling others what to do. If you read what I said, I'm only pointing out pros and cons. I'm impressed by alot of stuff out there and that's my point. Just because I don't agree with the majority doesn't mean I can't have an opinion. Your statement is totaly faulse and rude, You are basicaly ordering someone to ignore someone else becuase they have a different opinion from others and the opinion which you said I have is faulse to start with. You need to fix up.

Anyone else who has a problem with what I say PM me as I'm not going to get drawn it yet more arguments in the public domain just becuase I have an opinion, 99% of the time others are then distorting it or taking one thing I've said to start a pointless argument, it detracts from the thread and isn't fair on others and myself.
DTR69
Fuzor

Postby Slayershoop » Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:24 am

Motto: "I have more of an obsession with swords than Setsuna"
Weapon: Battle Blades
DTR69 wrote:
City Commander wrote:
Solscud007 wrote:

What's your problem, are you some kind of cyber bully telling others what to do. If you read what I said, I'm only pointing out pros and cons. I'm impressed by alot of stuff out there and that's my point. Just because I don't agree with the majority doesn't mean I can't have an opinion. Your statement is totaly faulse and rude, You are basicaly ordering someone to ignore someone else becuase they have a different opinion from others and the opinion which you said I have is faulse to start with. You need to fix up.

Anyone else who has a problem with what I say PM me as I'm not going to get drawn it yet more arguments in the public domain just becuase I have an opinion, 99% of the time others are then distorting it or taking one thing I've said to start a pointless argument, it detracts from the thread and isn't fair on others and myself.

To be fair, I just looked at all of your posts, and everything you say is pretty damn negative. I can see why some people would have a problem with your posts.

I nor anyone else is saying that you are not entitled to an opinion, it's just the method in which you do so that people find questionable.

You seem to disagree with everyone, that's fine, but it looks like you attack others opinions quite a lot.

Look, if you didn't come across so badly, you wouldn't have to constantly defend yourself. From the looks of it, you have to all the time.

One time is not an indication, but pretty much every time is.

Look, I'm not taking a shot at you or anything, but you need to calm down and take an objective look at your posts, that's all.
Slayershoop reviews, Transformers and oh so much more!
http://www.youtube.com/user/Slayershoop
Slayershoop
Minibot
News Credits: 3
Watch Slayershoop on YouTube
Buy from Slayershoop on eBay
Strength: 10+
Speed: 8
Skill: 10+

Postby DTR69 » Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:59 am

Slayershoop wrote:
DTR69 wrote:
City Commander wrote:
Solscud007 wrote:

To be fair, I just looked at all of your posts, and everything you say is pretty damn negative. I can see why some people would have a problem with your posts.

I nor anyone else is saying that you are not entitled to an opinion, it's just the method in which you do so that people find questionable.

You seem to disagree with everyone, that's fine, but it looks like you attack others opinions quite a lot.

Look, if you didn't come across so badly, you wouldn't have to constantly defend yourself. From the looks of it, you have to all the time.

One time is not an indication, but pretty much every time is.

Look, I'm not taking a shot at you or anything, but you need to calm down and take an objective look at your posts, that's all.

Yes I do have some negative opinions, but everything I have given a negative opinion on are mostly items such as this that I do actualy like. I thought I was quite clear in saying that all though I feel it's not as impressive as I imagined it could be rar rar rar.. that I still think it's a good product. And that I am very impressed with what is on offer at the moment. Aswel as some very jaw droppping products, there are equally extremly questionable designs and decisions made on products that ae currently available.
I will take on board what you have said. I try not to offend anyone when I am disagreeing with there opinion and I try to give a balanced opinion, I look for the good and bad in everything. If you could PM and show me an incident where you feel my method is what's causing the problem please do, becuase at the moment I feel it's a personal vendetta against me, as each attack is personal against me, when I have not attacked anyone on a personal level. What's worse is when I defend myself I am then attacked for that.
DTR69
Fuzor

Postby Slayershoop » Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:12 am

DTR69 wrote:Yes I do have some negative opinions, but everything I have given a negative opinion on are mostly items such as this that I do actualy like. I thought I was quite clear in saying that all though I feel it's not as impressive as I imagined it could be rar rar rar.. that I still think it's a good product. And that I am very impressed with what is on offer at the moment. Aswel as some very jaw droppping products, there are equally extremly questionable designs and decisions made on products that ae currently available.
I will take on board what you have said. I try not to offend anyone when I am disagreeing with there opinion and I try to give a balanced opinion, I look for the good and bad in everything. If you could PM and show me an incident where you feel my method is what's causing the problem please do, becuase at the moment I feel it's a personal vendetta against me, as each attack is personal against me, when I have not attacked anyone on a personal level. What's worse is when I defend myself I am then attacked for that.

That's part of my point, why have a negative opinion on something you like? Is everything not quite good enough?

Like I said, if you are constantly defending yourself, it may be an indication of something.

Granted, CC's response was not the best, but both sides could have handled it better.

Try not to take things so personally, this is the internet after all :P
Slayershoop
Minibot

Postby Midnight_Fox » Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:33 am

Motto: "The Midnight Fox comes in the night,
always in shadow, never in sight."
Weapon: Switch Blade Tail
Slayershoop wrote:

Wish I had gotten Hardhead when I had the chance.

I seem to be saying that about a lot of TFs lately...
Midnight_Fox
Godmaster
Speed: 9
Courage: 6
Firepower: 3
Skill: 7

Postby Slayershoop » Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:38 am

Midnight_Fox wrote:
Slayershoop wrote:

Wish I had gotten Hardhead when I had the chance.

I seem to be saying that about a lot of TFs lately...

Oh, how did I not know that was coming? :lol:

And yeah, so am I, stupid me for passing up on ROTF Bruticus and then buying him on eBay for Crossfire... :BANG_HEAD:
Slayershoop
Minibot

Postby joevill » Tue Sep 14, 2010 1:02 pm

Motto: "For Seibertron!"
Weapon: Sword
WOW! I must get this!
joevill
Transmetal Warrior
News Credits: 11
Watch joevill on YouTube
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 5
Speed: 5
Endurance: 5
Courage: 5
Firepower: 5
Skill: 5

Postby LOST Cybertronian » Tue Sep 14, 2010 4:38 pm

Motto: "I've looked into the eye of this island and what I saw was...beautiful"
Weapon: Double-Barreled, Armor-Piercing Particle Beam Cann...
Why are we still seeing pre-production shots when this is supposed to be released this month? Shouldn't we be seeing final product?
-Kanrabat- wrote:YEah, too many Transformers are in a serious need of a good rim job.

Blast Cannon wrote:This thread is brilliant. Duragrip you are a gloriously weird sexual deviant and I love it.
LOST Cybertronian
Faction Commander
News Credits: 1235
Buy from LOST Cybertronian on eBay

Postby Cyber Bishop » Tue Sep 14, 2010 5:08 pm

Motto: "Ker-Klick... Choom!"
Weapon: Black Magic
You guys need to chill on the attitudes.. All of you.

Thanks.
Not a sheeple.
Think for yourself, don't let the magic TV box and social media do the thinking for you.
Question EVERYTHING!!
Just because you have a youtube review channel doesn't make you special.
No, I am not friendly online or in real life.
I look forward to attending a Botcon only to settle matters with idiots in person.
Cyber Bishop
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 103
Watch Cyber Bishop on YouTube
Buy from Cyber Bishop on eBay
Alt Mode: some sort of rudimentary lathe

Next

Return to Unlicensed and KO Transformers Toys

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "EXO-SUIT SPIKE WITWICKY Transformers Studio Series 86 Core Class 2022 230131A"
EXO-SUIT SPIKE WIT ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-E17 ARCEE Transformers War for Cybertron Earthrise Deluxe Hasbro 2020 New"
WFC-E17 ARCEE Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K28 GALVATRON fixed shoulders Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Leader 2021"
WFC-K28 GALVATRON ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #9 Cover B IDW Comic 2019 BOLD NEW ERA SIEGE 9B (CA) Tramontano"
TRANSFORMERS #9 Co ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BWVS-01 OPTIMUS PRIMAL + MEGATRON Transformers Beast Wars Again Kingdom 2023 New"
BWVS-01 OPTIMUS PR ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SCRAPHEAP Transformers Studio Series 86-24 Animated Movie Voyager 2024 New"
SCRAPHEAP Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K26 TRACKS Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe 2021 New"
WFC-K26 TRACKS Tra ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "KUP Transformers Studio Series 86-02 Animated Movie Deluxe Hasbro 2021 New"
KUP Transformers S ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K10 MEGATRON Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Leader Beast Wars 2021 New"
WFC-K10 MEGATRON T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K2 RATTRAP Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Core Hasbro 2020 New"
WFC-K2 RATTRAP Tra ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K38 RED ALERT Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe Walgreens 2021 New"
WFC-K38 RED ALERT ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "JUNKHEAP Transformers Studio Series 86-14 Animated Movie Voyager 2022 New"
JUNKHEAP Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ARCEE Transformers Studio Series 86-16 G1 Movie Deluxe Hasbro 2022 New"
ARCEE Transformers ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-E2 SMASHDOWN Transformers War for Cybertron Earthrise Battle Master 2020 New"
WFC-E2 SMASHDOWN T ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Roadtrap" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Exclusive Cyber Battalion Class Shockwave Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Slug" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 08 Leader Class Movie 1 Decepticon Blackout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Terrorcon Blot" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 02 Deluxe Class Movie 3 Decepticon Stinger" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Autobot Twinferno and Daburu" on AMAZON
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe protectobot Groove" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 01 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Bumblebee" on AMAZON