This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Transformers Mosaic: "Supreme Recall."

Discuss anything about the Transformers cartoons and comics! You can discuss anything from G1 to Cybertron as well as the comics from Marvel, Dreamwave, IDW and more!

Transformers Mosaic: "Supreme Recall."

Postby Richter » Thu Sep 23, 2010 11:55 pm

The Universe of the Transformers is vast, and populated by many characters. Their universe is a large tapestry, made up of the stories and points of view of countless experiences that serve the larger whole.

These are some of those stories. This is:

It should be noted that while this project has been recognized by IDW Publishing and Hasbro, none of the works presented have been commissioned or solicited by either company. The stories are not official canon, except where noted. These stories are the result of Transformers enthusiasts taking the time out of their busy days to contribute to a universe they love. No one has been paid for the production of these stories.

For all Transformers news / updates / information, click here

Transformers Mosaic FAQ, click here

SUPREME RECALL

Story and lettering by;
Franco Villa http://m3gr1ml0ck.deviantart.com

Lineart by;
Jeremy Tiongson http://jt-blueart.deviantart.com

Colors by;
Eman B. Zubia http://emanz.deviantart.com

Edits by;
Zac DeBoard http://justynnbailey.deviantart.com

Project by;
Peter Istyle http://i-sithlord.deviantart.com

Richter
Targetmaster
News Credits: 430

Re: Transformers Mosaic: "Supreme Recall."

Postby zenosaurus_x » Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:36 am

Weapon: Electron-Scimitars
I love Combiners, so Jhiaxus invented them?
Anyhow, who are those guys in the last panel?

Also, I like how it kinda focuses on the Combiner as a separate being itself.
zenosaurus_x
Headmaster
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 4
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 10+

Postby M3Gr1ml0ck » Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:48 am

zenosaurus_x wrote:I love Combiners, so Jhiaxus invented them?

Yes, in IDW continuity, Simon Furman rewrote some facts.
For instance, Jhiaxus is now a prominent mech from the Age Of Nova Prime, and he did some crazy things (like Combiners!).

Anyhow, who are those guys in the last panel?

These are the Pretender Monsters (the Monstructor guys, of course).
This piece acts as a prequel to Spotlight: Optimus Prime (by Furman & Figueroa), a story where Omega Supreme has to face Monstructor (the "coming storm" that Boltax mentioned).

Also, I like how it kinda focuses on the Combiner as a separate being itself.

Thank you, it was one of the goals I had in mind while writing this!

Transformers: Seeds Of Deception on DeviantArt: the War Within based fancomic project.
Masters Of The Universe / Princess Of Power - Martin Mystère does non present: Get a Life! - Saint Seiya: mini Gaidens

"As an Autobot... no, as a thinking being, to fight must be the last alternative."
(Optimus Prime, "A Distant Thunder!")
M3Gr1ml0ck
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 5

Postby zenosaurus_x » Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:58 am

Awesome, I could tell Monstructor was there in that one panel, but I don't recognize his components too well. On the Combiners being their own being, it's particularly cool because I don't think it's been expanded on much, especially in the cartoon where they usually get blown up in a few minutes.

Plus, them being their own self evens it out with the random large TransFormers(broadSide for example) since they're really just large TransFormers themselves.
zenosaurus_x
Headmaster

Postby M3Gr1ml0ck » Fri Sep 24, 2010 2:04 am

Peter had idwas for an entire Gestalt Saga, called "There Were Giants".

It seems that some Gestalts were indeed single titanic beings in the long forgotten past of Cybertron.

Here is one of them, drawn/written by Peter with contribute of Juan Pablo and mine:

http://th01.deviantart.net/fs70/150/f/2010/114/c/0/Predator_King_by_Tf_SeedsOfDeception.jpg

Transformers: Seeds Of Deception on DeviantArt: the War Within based fancomic project.
Masters Of The Universe / Princess Of Power - Martin Mystère does non present: Get a Life! - Saint Seiya: mini Gaidens

"As an Autobot... no, as a thinking being, to fight must be the last alternative."
M3Gr1ml0ck
Headmaster Jr

Postby zenosaurus_x » Fri Sep 24, 2010 2:10 am

Woah, that's some nice art.
So by singular beings, like Nexus Prime how he was divided in this case?
Sorry for all the questions, Combiners are probably my favorite aspect of TransFormers, I could live with just a whole series based on everything about them.
zenosaurus_x
Headmaster

Postby M3Gr1ml0ck » Fri Sep 24, 2010 2:27 am

zenosaurus_x wrote:Woah, that's some nice art.
So by singular beings, like Nexus Prime how he was divided in this case?

May I keep this detail a secret? It should be the main theme of one of our various projects. A Onslaught/Razorclaw comic, with the mirrored-narrative stile we already used for Jetfire/Grimlock and Shockwave/Soundwave.

Sorry for all the questions, Combiners are probably my favorite aspect of TransFormers, I could live with just a whole series based on everything about them.

I'm actually quite pleased to talk about the stuff I write. Thanks ;)

M3Gr1ml0ck
Headmaster Jr

Postby esclavo » Sat Sep 25, 2010 4:44 am

Weapon: 20 Megavolt Stun Rifle
Man, as always an awesome mosaic. You guys keep raising the bar. I love the prequel to spotlight Optimus. You should make this a continuity. Amazing! Keep it up guys! :APPLAUSE: :APPLAUSE: :APPLAUSE:
esclavo
Minibot
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 6
Endurance: 10
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: 10+

Postby Predaprince » Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:44 am

Motto: ""Destruction is the fate of all sentient beings.""
Weapon: Sonic Rifle
Very excellent! I would love to see this be the start of a mosaic mini-series.
Predaprince
God Of Transformers
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 9
Courage: 10
Firepower: ???
Skill: Infinity

Postby M3Gr1ml0ck » Sat Sep 25, 2010 11:44 am

The piece is really part of a larger continuity! See my signature :)

M3Gr1ml0ck
Headmaster Jr

Postby Swiftpaw » Sat Sep 25, 2010 12:18 pm

I kind of like the idea that some gestalts were actually giants split down into smaller pieces instead of the other way around. It would explain how why some of them (such as Predaking in that linked art picture) were decidedly more -stable- than the others...
Recent Aquisitions:
RTS Special Ops Jazz
RTS Wreck-Gar
FP Warbot Defender
Generations Blurr
Swiftpaw
Vehicon

Postby zenosaurus_x » Sat Sep 25, 2010 12:50 pm

This has basically motivated me to read the mini comic now...
I kind of like the idea that some gestalts were actually giants split down into smaller pieces instead of the other way around.

I actually like the old way better, with the little guys forming one big one, but what I do really like is the one big one being a separate robot, hence why it has a different name.
zenosaurus_x
Headmaster

Postby Bumblevivisector » Sat Sep 25, 2010 1:25 pm

No one's mentioned the best thing about this piece yet: using the race-wide-memory-wipe (a staple of TF lore since Furman's G2 run, and debatably even back in 5 Faces of Darkness) to nix the biggest problem that prevented The War Within from fitting into IDW continuity right after Megatron: Origin!

Yes, I realize it doesn't give any other Dreamwave titles continuity with IDW G1. I mean that if you accept this Mosaic's central idea, TWW can serve as a prehistory for either of the 2 recent comic continuities, like how Transformers: The Movie occurs in both the G1 cartoon and Marvel comic continuities, despite those being irreconcilable universes.

But there've been too slaggin' many alternate universes in TFdom lately, so any plausible reconciliation of continuities is worthy of becoming official canon. Well done!
Bumblevivisector
Godmaster
News Credits: 1
Strength: 7
Speed: 6
Endurance: 5
Courage: 7
Firepower: 9
Skill: 6

Postby Abraxsis » Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:09 pm

Bumblevivisector wrote:No one's mentioned the best thing about this piece yet: using the race-wide-memory-wipe (a staple of TF lore since Furman's G2 run, and debatably even back in 5 Faces of Darkness) to nix the biggest problem that prevented The War Within from fitting into IDW continuity right after Megatron: Origin!

Yes, I realize it doesn't give any other Dreamwave titles continuity with IDW G1. I mean that if you accept this Mosaic's central idea, TWW can serve as a prehistory for either of the 2 recent comic continuities, like how Transformers: The Movie occurs in both the G1 cartoon and Marvel comic continuities, despite those being irreconcilable universes.

But there've been too slaggin' many alternate universes in TFdom lately, so any plausible reconciliation of continuities is worthy of becoming official canon. Well done!

I'm not a fan of the IDW series, and don't read the IDW books, but loved the Dreamwave series, so did IDW ever try to tie the dreamwave continuity with their own IDW continuity?
Abraxsis
Minibot

Postby M3Gr1ml0ck » Sun Sep 26, 2010 1:27 am

Bumblevivisector wrote:No one's mentioned the best thing about this piece yet: using the race-wide-memory-wipe (a staple of TF lore since Furman's G2 run,

Wow, someone got this! :)

Yes, I realize it doesn't give any other Dreamwave titles continuity with IDW G1.

Thanks for pointing this out! Yes, it helps to create a Furmanverse, by putting the WW titles in continuity with the stuff Furman did for IDW.
We've done other pieces with this same goal. :)

M3Gr1ml0ck
Headmaster Jr

Postby M3Gr1ml0ck » Sun Sep 26, 2010 1:32 am

Abraxsis wrote:I'm not a fan of the IDW series, and don't read the IDW books, but loved the Dreamwave series, so did IDW ever try to tie the dreamwave continuity with their own IDW continuity?

No, they did not. But Furman wrote the new books in a way that never openly contradicted his old War Within boos (well, except some details like the Gestalts, but we're fixing them!).
In Spotlight: Shockwave, you can actually see the WW Dynobots.

M3Gr1ml0ck
Headmaster Jr

Return to Transformers Cartoons and Comics Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Energon Blade parts for LASERBEAK / BUZZSAW Transformers Botcon 2006 230427B"
Energon Blade part ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MONOCLE Transformers Cybertron Mini-Con complete + instructions 2005 190615a"
MONOCLE Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SUPER X-BRAWN Transformers RID Robots In Disguise complete 2001 230830A"
SUPER X-BRAWN Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ENERGON AXE ATTACK OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Cyberverse Power Spark Warrior New"
ENERGON AXE ATTACK ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ASCENTOR Transformers Cybertron Mini-Con complete + instructions 2005 Hasbro"
ASCENTOR Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WILDRIDER Transformers Legacy Deluxe Stunticon Menasor Hasbro 2022 New"
WILDRIDER Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS ARMADA #6 Dreamwave Comics 2002 (W) Furman (A) Lee"
TRANSFORMERS ARMAD ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "STEAMHAMMER Transformers Energon Combat complete + card 2005 Powerlinx 230427A"
STEAMHAMMER Transf ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ENERGON MEGATRON Transformers Legacy United Core Class Hasbro 2024 New"
ENERGON MEGATRON T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "STARSCREAM Transformers Armada McDonald's Happy Meal Fast Food 2002 211006A"
STARSCREAM Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "LEOBREAKER Transformers Cybertron Voyager complete Cyber Key vg08 2005 231101A"
LEOBREAKER Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "LAND MILITARY MINI-CON TEAM Transformers Armada complete Hasbro 2002 231209A"
LAND MILITARY MINI ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ARMADA STARSCREAM Transformers Legacy Voyager Class Hasbro 2022 New **IN-STOCK**"
ARMADA STARSCREAM ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "UNICRON Transformers Cybertron deluxe complete + dgt3 key Hasbro 2006 231101A"
UNICRON Transforme ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Toys Optimus Prime Cyberverse Ultimate Class Action Figure - Repeatable Matrix Mega Shot Action Attack Move - Toys for Kids 6 & Up, 11.5"" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Elita-1" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of the Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Novastar" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 12 Voyager Class Movie 1 Decepticon Brawl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Unicronus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars - MEGATRON Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Hasbro Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Deluxe Cogman" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Leader Dragonstorm Combiner" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Peterman Action Figure" on AMAZON