This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Friendly Reminder that Transformers Movie Adaptation #1 is Out Today!

Discuss anything about the Transformers cartoons and comics! You can discuss anything from G1 to Cybertron as well as the comics from Marvel, Dreamwave, IDW and more!

Friendly Reminder that Transformers Movie Adaptation #1 is Out Today!

Postby Hotrod » Wed Jun 06, 2007 11:15 am

This is just a friendly reminder that IDW's Transformers Movie Adaptation #1 is out today! So hurry to your comic shop! You can check out a five page preview of Transformers Movie Adaptation #1 in the IDW New Releases Section.
Hotrod
City Commander
News Credits: 2024

Postby Megatron Wolf » Wed Jun 06, 2007 11:28 am

Motto: "Cry havoc and let slip the Wolves of War, Vae Victus!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
Ill be picking this up along with the Prime vs Megatron one on friday. Now we'll know if the movies story is going to suck or not.
Current TF count: 2042

Megatron Wolf
Faction Commander
News Credits: 8
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10
Firepower: 7
Skill: 10

Postby Talyn » Wed Jun 06, 2007 11:38 am

I actually saw this, which after paging through it seemed to be the entire movie...on June 2nd at a Walden Books.
Talyn
Mini-Con
News Credits: 1

Postby Robinson » Wed Jun 06, 2007 11:53 am

One thing you have to take into consideration on the movie adapations is that they are mostly made from the sreenplay so theres elements that will or will not be in the final movie.
Robinson
Gestalt
News Credits: 11

Postby Archanubis » Wed Jun 06, 2007 11:58 am

Motto: "Don't take life too seriously or you'll never get out of it alive."
Weapon: Lightning Rifle
I'll see if I can't pick this up on Thursday (thank God for "subscriptions").
Archanubis
City Commander
News Credits: 3

Postby MantaScorp » Wed Jun 06, 2007 12:27 pm

Actually, the trade paperback of the entire Movie Adaptation is out in your local comic book shop today. I picked it up this afternoon. Why wait four weeks to get something you can get in one day, right?

Oh, and the comic book glosses over things even more than the novel does. And the artwork in the majority of the panels is...eh...less than quality...
MantaScorp
Mini-Con
News Credits: 2

Postby Spooner » Wed Jun 06, 2007 12:55 pm

So - does the story seem to be okay?
Spooner
Minibot

Postby MantaScorp » Wed Jun 06, 2007 1:22 pm

I think the core story is done very well (in both the novel and the comic, obviously).

MINOR SPOILERS BELOW!!!!!

It's difficult to accept that Prime and other Autobots arrive mid-way through the plot, and Megs is relegated to near the end, but given that the action scenes at the end are going to be longer and more involved than the way they are featured on the page, I am confident.

I mean, you see only a few panels with Brawl, and the demise of one 'bot is handled poorly in a single panel. On the big screen, these will be much more drawn-out.
MantaScorp
Mini-Con
News Credits: 2

Postby Megatron Wolf » Wed Jun 06, 2007 2:33 pm

MantaScorp wrote:Actually, the trade paperback of the entire Movie Adaptation is out in your local comic book shop today. I picked it up this afternoon. Why wait four weeks to get something you can get in one day, right?

Oh, and the comic book glosses over things even more than the novel does. And the artwork in the majority of the panels is...eh...less than quality...

Hopefully my comicbook store has the TPB. How much is it? If all else fails ill order it with the card game.

Megatron Wolf
Faction Commander

Postby Ninja Sixshot » Wed Jun 06, 2007 3:15 pm

ill just get the graphic novel version(whenever it comes out).
Ninja Sixshot
Matrix Keeper

Postby Megatron Wolf » Wed Jun 06, 2007 4:30 pm

Ninja Sixshot wrote:ill just get the graphic novel version(whenever it comes out).

I think that another name for graphic novel is Trade Paper Back. So according to MantaScorp its out.

Megatron Wolf
Faction Commander

Postby dragons » Wed Jun 06, 2007 4:34 pm

just got the last issue of number one today to bad movie adaptations are not entirley all true to the movie its self otherwise we might here frenzy say some words in the film itself he does in this issue to barricade.
dragons
Gestalt
News Credits: 21

Postby Liege Evilmus » Wed Jun 06, 2007 5:53 pm

They should have done like the Megatron Origin with this and waited till after the movie to release it.

My Collection, updated 4/21(sorta)... viewtopic.php?f=4&t=35550&p=627727#p627727
Liege Evilmus
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby BluePhirePB » Wed Jun 06, 2007 6:57 pm

Ok, I'm a little confused. I picked up both the prequel and adaption today from my comic book store and Chapters. The prequel has all 4 comics in one book. Does the adaption also have all the comics in one book? If so, why are they just releasing issue 1 of the adaption now?

Here's what I got:

BluePhirePB
Minibot
News Credits: 4

Postby slagfan » Wed Jun 06, 2007 7:18 pm

I remember asking a friend who worked at Walden during Episode III, why the trade was out way before the movie. He said it had something to do with those stores needing their inventory at a certain time. I guess this "early release" has something to do with that?
slagfan
Mini-Con

Postby Denyer » Wed Jun 06, 2007 8:04 pm

BluePhirePB wrote: Does the adaption also have all the comics in one book? If so, why are they just releasing issue 1 of the adaption now?

The issues will have interviews/art and other extra stuff to build up to the movie release. The TPB needed to be out well in advance so that normal bookstores/hypermarkets could get it into stock in time for the film and do promotions.
Denyer
Minibot
News Credits: 27

Postby Blozor » Wed Jun 06, 2007 8:50 pm

Motto: ""Distrust everything — you're bound to get something right."
Weapon: Double-Barreled Plasma Shell Shotgun
I didn't care for Bumblebee having to do a Bat Signal with the Autobot symbol to call his comrades. Couldn't he just send a radio signal? He wouldn't have to talk, just send some data code that informs them that he found their mark.

If Blackout lets out an EMP right when he Transforms, how can the computers still be on for him to start extracting information?

Just a couple of nitpicks I saw when I ran through it this morning, but I was really tired by the time I got around to reading it. (I work third shift.)
Blozor
Combiner
Strength: 5
Speed: 2
Endurance: 8
Courage: 7
Firepower: 5
Skill: 9

Postby Duo Prime » Thu Jun 07, 2007 2:14 am

I got mine(well issue #1) today, and i kinda want to wait to read it, i want to be surprised when i watch the movie....But I'm So Damn Tempted!!!!
Duo Prime
Fuzor

Postby jgilkinson » Thu Jun 07, 2007 9:21 am

no spoilers for me thanks
jgilkinson
Pretender

Postby Hairball178 » Thu Jun 07, 2007 10:26 am

I passed on this too. Dark Horse did this with the Star Wars prequels, so I already knew about the big fight scene with Yoda in Ep 2 before my friends got to go see it when it premiered. And I almost fell for it again with Ep 3, but I managed to avoid it this time.

But I did thumb through this issue, and I really liked some of the cgi spreads of the 'bots...I especially liked the uber-awesome pic of Blackout.
Hairball178
Combiner

Postby Megatron Wolf » Thu Jun 07, 2007 5:45 pm

So what would be better getting the issues one by one or just get the TPB right from the start?

Megatron Wolf
Faction Commander

Postby OptimusShr » Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:38 am

Megatron_Wolf wrote:So what would be better getting the issues one by one or just get the TPB right from the start?

Depends on if you want the bonus material in the individual issues or not. If you're not interested in the material but want the adaptation, get the trade. In case you're curious the issue #1 bonuses are:

-Blackout poster
-Autobot logo pin-up
-Frenzy pin-up
-Interview with Tom DeSanto
-Movie toy gallery (Bumblebee and Blackout in both modes)
OptimusShr
Fuzor

Postby Greed » Fri Jun 08, 2007 6:34 pm

I just picked up the TPB, I flipped through it, and it looks kind of boring, not exactly looking forward to actually reading it now...
Greed
Transmetal Warrior

Postby Megatron Wolf » Fri Jun 08, 2007 11:59 pm

Devil Gundam wrote:
Megatron_Wolf wrote:So what would be better getting the issues one by one or just get the TPB right from the start?

Depends on if you want the bonus material in the individual issues or not. If you're not interested in the material but want the adaptation, get the trade. In case you're curious the issue #1 bonuses are:

-Blackout poster
-Autobot logo pin-up
-Frenzy pin-up
-Interview with Tom DeSanto
-Movie toy gallery (Bumblebee and Blackout in both modes)

The comic shop didnt have the TPB so im just going to get each issue. I guess one comes out evrey week because i was told that the next one is out next week.

Just finished reading it and i like it. This movie is going to be the Darker side of TF. Somethng that i think the line needs. Just a few things i dont like.

MAY CONATAIN SPOILERS
------------------------------------------------
1: the Autobot bat signle is lame
2: I have the feeling that Frenzy is going to sound like R2-D2 for a good part of the movie
3: issue 1 is to short.

other than that its a good read. And i was right frenzy can use a hologram to look like a human. Ive been saying that from the beging. Cant wait for the next issue. Here comes Barricade.

Megatron Wolf
Faction Commander

Postby OptimusShr » Sun Jun 10, 2007 8:47 am

The comic is indeed a weekly thing. There will be four issues each coming out one week after another.
OptimusShr
Fuzor

Next

Return to Transformers Cartoons and Comics Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DUKE #3 Cvr D 1:25 Image Comics 2024 3D GI JOE 1223IM274 (CA) Petraites + Martin"
NEW!
DUKE #3 Cvr D 1:25 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS UNIVERSE #1 Marvel Comics 1986 (CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 230926R"
TRANSFORMERS UNIVE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers VALENTINE'S DAY SPECIAL RI 1:10 IDW Comics DEC190657 231010I"
Transformers VALEN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #7 Cvr B Image Comics 2024 0124IM327 7B (CA) Bellegarde (W) Kirkman"
NEW!
VOID RIVALS #7 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS GALAXIES #1 Cover A IDW Comics 2019 1A (A/CA) Ramondelli"
TRANSFORMERS GALAX ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DUKE #1 Cvr F 1:100 Image Comics 2023 1F GI JOE 1023IM264 (CA) Jonboy 231222C"
DUKE #1 Cvr F 1:10 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS HEADMASTERS #3 Marvel Comics 1987 (A)Springer (W) Budiansky 230926O"
TRANSFORMERS HEADM ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #34 Marvel Comics 1987 (W) Parkhouse (CA) Morgan 231010M"
NEW!
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "COBRA COMMANDER #4 Cvr D 1:25 Image Comics 4D 0224IM258 (CA) Clarke"
NEW!
COBRA COMMANDER #4 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #33 Marvel Comics 1987 (W) Parkhouse (CA) Vess 231222S"
NEW!
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #42 Marvel Comics 1988 (W) Budiansky (A/CA) Delbo 210422B"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #10 Marvel Comics 1985 (CA) Baker (W) Budiansky 210422C"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #8 1st ptg Marvel Comics 1985 (CA) Bright (W) Budiansky 240317C"
NEW!
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #24 Marvel Comics 1987 (CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 210209D"
NEW!
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 08 Leader Class Movie 1 Decepticon Blackout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Blackwing" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Steeljaw Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Terri-Bull" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Dead End Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Power Series Megatron" on AMAZON