This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

5 Page Preview of Devastation!

Discuss anything about the Transformers cartoons and comics! You can discuss anything from G1 to Cybertron as well as the comics from Marvel, Dreamwave, IDW and more!

5 Page Preview of Devastation!

Postby Hotrod » Wed Jun 06, 2007 5:51 pm

The next chapter in IDW's Transformers is titled Devastation. A five page preview of Devastation has now appeared in IDW's Forums. IDW forum member spinoute has posted the preview here.
Hotrod
City Commander
News Credits: 2024

Postby Hairball178 » Wed Jun 06, 2007 6:14 pm

I was looking at the b&w pics of Hot Rod in his alt-mode, and I had to do a double take because I thought it was Tracks.
Hairball178
Combiner
News Credits: 1

Postby Liege Evilmus » Wed Jun 06, 2007 6:37 pm

The humans on the cover pretty much put me off right away.

When will these story tellers realize the thing we'd like to see go away the most in TFs are the humans!

My Collection, updated 4/21(sorta)... viewtopic.php?f=4&t=35550&p=627727#p627727
Liege Evilmus
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 8

Postby JazZeke » Wed Jun 06, 2007 6:47 pm

Motto: "Laugh hard. Run fast. Be kind."
Weapon: Shoulder Mounted Rocket Launcher
I wish people would stop bitching about the humans characters. Way to beat a dead horse, folks. Yes, they're not as interesting as the actual Transformers characters, but in Escalation they were only a sub-plot. The focus on them was minimal, yet it still keeps the story grounded.
JazZeke
Headmaster
News Credits: 10
Location: Arizona, where the glass is always greener.... on the other side of the state line!
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6
Endurance: 8
Courage: 9
Firepower: 7
Skill: 8

Postby i_amtrunks » Wed Jun 06, 2007 6:56 pm

Hot Rod's new alt mode is snazzy, suitable for the character too.

Cant wait for all the movie comics crap to go away, really really want Devastation and Beast Wars back in the fold!
Awesomesauce; Use it, you know you want to.
i_amtrunks
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 972

Postby Roboto750 » Wed Jun 06, 2007 7:28 pm

Motto: "Winners are losers who got up and gave it one more try."
Weapon: Electro Scrambler Gun
I like that color image (I'm assuming its a cover). Hot Rod's alt mode is okay, considering the time period it is on earth. I mean, he does need to blend in, right?
Roboto750
Headmaster
Buy from Roboto750 on eBay
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 10
Courage: 8
Skill: 10

Postby trent hughes » Wed Jun 06, 2007 7:38 pm

without humans, wtf is the point of turning into a car as a disquise?
trent hughes
Micromaster

Postby Vectorshot » Wed Jun 06, 2007 7:48 pm

I think that is Tracks, not Hotrod.
Vectorshot
Micromaster

Postby Roboto750 » Wed Jun 06, 2007 7:52 pm

Vectorshot wrote:I think that is Tracks, not Hotrod.

Could be. Looks enough like him.
Roboto750
Headmaster

Postby Darth Bombshell » Wed Jun 06, 2007 8:03 pm

Motto: "Insanity is a state of mind, and I have a home there."
Weapon: Cerebro-Shell Launcher
Except Tracks hasn't been to Earth. Hot Rod has.
Darth Bombshell
Gestalt
News Credits: 487
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 5
Endurance: 6
Firepower: 6
Skill: 7

Postby Duke of Luns » Wed Jun 06, 2007 9:09 pm

Hmm, if it is Hot Rod, the color scheme would be red, and if that's the case, Supercharged Rid Sideburn anyone? The resemblence is uncanny:

And where's the big yellow spoiler?
Duke of Luns
Gestalt

Postby Dclone Soundwave » Wed Jun 06, 2007 9:21 pm

Well, it's about time they put Bumblebee back in there! I was starting to wonderif IDW forgot they put him in Infiltration. But where's Hot Rod's spoiler? It's been a pert of him for 21 years, why ditch it now? Still, this is better than Dreamwave...............
Latest Acquisition(s):
BW Tigatron
BW II Flash Lio Convoy
BW Metals Rampage
BW Neo Big Convoy
BW Neo Magmatron
Dclone Soundwave
Godmaster

Postby Darth Bombshell » Wed Jun 06, 2007 9:24 pm

Motto: "Insanity is a state of mind, and I have a home there."
Weapon: Cerebro-Shell Launcher
Duke of Luns wrote:Image
Hmm, if it is Hot Rod, the color scheme would be red, and if that's the case, Supercharged Rid Sideburn anyone? The resemblence is uncanny

You know, now that you mention it, it kinda really is.
Darth Bombshell
Gestalt
News Credits: 487
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 5
Endurance: 6
Firepower: 6

Postby mightymax » Wed Jun 06, 2007 9:59 pm

when does Devastation release, again?
mightymax
Mini-Con

Postby Dclone Soundwave » Wed Jun 06, 2007 11:43 pm

mightymax wrote:when does Devastation release, again?

September
Latest Acquisition(s):
BW Tigatron
BW II Flash Lio Convoy
BW Metals Rampage
BW Neo Big Convoy
BW Neo Magmatron
Dclone Soundwave
Godmaster

Postby Duo Prime » Thu Jun 07, 2007 2:05 am

Decepticlone Soundwave wrote:Well, it's about time they put Bumblebee back in there! I was starting to wonderif IDW forgot they put him in Infiltration. But where's Hot Rod's spoiler? It's been a pert of him for 21 years, why ditch it now? Still, this is better than Dreamwave...............

I have no idea why people keep saying this is better than Dreamwave. Dreamwave was the best at art, coloring, and stories. poopy what happened to the company, but what can you do? These IDW TF books are so visually bland(besides for the Don Figueroa stuff). They redesign these things as if they had never seen Transformers in the first place. That so called "Ark" on the cover of this book looks more like the freakin garbage collector from Junkion. The humans all look like they have on bad 80's work out clothes. IDW does some good books, but the TF G1 stuff is not among them. I used to collect the Dreamwave stuff with urgency, these however, i can usually wait on.
Duo Prime
Fuzor

Postby trent hughes » Thu Jun 07, 2007 5:23 am

Duo Prime wrote: Dreamwave was the best at art, coloring, and stories.

lol! what?

Duo Prime wrote: The humans all look like they have on bad 80's work out clothes.

uhm...have you not been to a mall or any place with teens today? there are these creatures known as "emos". they wear bad 80's clothes.
trent hughes
Micromaster

Postby Black Bumblebee » Thu Jun 07, 2007 5:27 am

IDW's stories aren't too bad, I find them enjoyable.

But I did enjoy Dreamwave more.

Just personal taste.
Visit http://www.youtube.com/user/Pepsimus to see the latest episodes of The War Within animated, adapted from the comic of the same name. Episodes 1 & 2 complete!
Black Bumblebee
Pretender
News Credits: 2
Buy from Black Bumblebee on eBay

Postby Leonardo » Thu Jun 07, 2007 6:50 am

I think it's Hot Rod as he's already established as being in the game and we haven't seen much of Tracks at all. Also, one can see Hot Rod's chrome exhausts / wrist guns just underneath his door.

Good spot on the Sideburn comparison, by the by. Maybe the lack of yellow spoiler is to tie in with the Alt. release. I'm sure it'll still fold out in robot mode.
Leonardo
Faction Commander

Postby Roboto750 » Thu Jun 07, 2007 8:43 am

Duo Prime wrote:
Decepticlone Soundwave wrote:Well, it's about time they put Bumblebee back in there! I was starting to wonderif IDW forgot they put him in Infiltration. But where's Hot Rod's spoiler? It's been a pert of him for 21 years, why ditch it now? Still, this is better than Dreamwave...............

I have no idea why people keep saying this is better than Dreamwave. Dreamwave was the best at art, coloring, and stories. poopy what happened to the company, but what can you do? These IDW TF books are so visually bland(besides for the Don Figueroa stuff). They redesign these things as if they had never seen Transformers in the first place. That so called "Ark" on the cover of this book looks more like the freakin garbage collector from Junkion. The humans all look like they have on bad 80's work out clothes. IDW does some good books, but the TF G1 stuff is not among them. I used to collect the Dreamwave stuff with urgency, these however, i can usually wait on.

Y'know, I kinda agree here. I haven't been the biggest fan of IDW's G1 story arcs. They just don't pull me in the same way the DW ones did. Now, I do enjoy IDW's Spotlights, Movie Prequel, and BW series, but everything else has been kind of a let down (including the animated movie adaption). I am looking forward to the Megatron Origin story though.
Roboto750
Headmaster

Postby Kranix-76 » Thu Jun 07, 2007 12:31 pm

It's good to see Bumblebee getting back in the action...

I admit, I was a bit confused when the trio of Hot Rod, Nightbeat, and Hardhead came into the main story arc (instead of the usual G1 cast), but it seems like Furman is wasting no time in demonstrating why those characters were chosen: Hot Rod's brash, youthful arrogance towards the end of Escalation, and now Nightbeat's sleuthing kicking-off the start of Devastation. Still unsure of Hardhead...either the "headmaster" thing draws him in, or he's there so an Autobot that can serve as fodder. Grim, but if it means Wheeljack or Jazz can get a bit more character development in...

As for criticisms comparing the IDW approach to the Dreamwave: I'm sorry if it offends you, but Pat Lee was an awful artist for the series, and it wasn't a shining moment for writing, either--admittedly, it was mostly service for G1 fans. I appreciate that with the new IDW books, they're trying to reboot the story while staying true to the original characters' personalities and the main premise of "robots in disguise." The designs of the robots--more technological detail, more "exposed" vehicle bits and pieces--reflect a solid attempt at remaining faithful to the original designs, but simultaneously treating them with a greater sense of realism. The presence of humans, in addition to giving new readers an "anchor" to the experience, also adds a unique element to the new story: it is as much an "alien" experience to the Autobots as it is to the humans, as seen in various little moments in the twelve issues so far. In an odd sort of way, the IDW series seems to reflect a sort-of "maturation" of the Transformers saga as a whole, despite some bumps in the road here-and-there.

That is, of course, unless the whole Unicron-Primus mythos comes back again. Oy...
Kranix-76
Micromaster

Postby trent hughes » Thu Jun 07, 2007 12:51 pm

Kranix-76 wrote: That is, of course, unless the whole Unicron-Primus mythos comes back again. Oy...

you...you just had to go and jinx it, didn't you?
trent hughes
Micromaster

Postby Hotrod » Thu Jun 07, 2007 1:05 pm

I love Hot Rod's new look :grin:
Hotrod
City Commander
News Credits: 2024

Postby Counterpunch » Thu Jun 07, 2007 2:01 pm

Motto: "Everything I do is divinely sanctioned."
Weapon: Jawbreaker Cannon
JazZeke wrote:I wish people would stop bitching about the humans characters.

Yea, this particular group is pretty cool. I like Verity as a character.
Counterpunch
Podcast Host
News Credits: 125
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6
Endurance: 5
Courage: 9
Firepower: 4

Postby Roboto750 » Thu Jun 07, 2007 3:44 pm

Counterpunch wrote:
JazZeke wrote:I wish people would stop bitching about the humans characters.

Yea, this particular group is pretty cool. I like Verity as a character.

Yeah, she's really the only one I like.
Roboto750
Headmaster

Next

Return to Transformers Cartoons and Comics Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Autobot WHEELJACK Transformers Generations Combiner Wars IDW pack-in comic book"
Autobot WHEELJACK ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS UNIVERSE #2 Marvel Comics 1987 (CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 230926S"
TRANSFORMERS UNIVE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OBSIDIAN Transformers Universe Basic Ultra complete Hasbro 2003 230830A"
OBSIDIAN Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "HOT ROD + FIREDRIVE Transformers Titans Return Deluxe complete 2016 230427A"
HOT ROD + FIREDRIV ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "HARDHEAD + FUROS Transformers Titans Return Deluxe complete + more 2016 231208X"
NEW!
HARDHEAD + FUROS T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ASTROTRAIN + DARKMOON Transformers Titans Return Voyager complete 2016 231208M"
NEW!
ASTROTRAIN + DARKM ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "STARSCREAM Transformers Generations Alt-Modes Series 1 Hasbro 2016"
STARSCREAM Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "COSMOS Transformers Titans Return Generations Legends complete+more 2017 230429A"
COSMOS Transformer ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SHOCKWAVE Transformers Combiner Wars Legends Class complete Hasbro 2016 230903A"
SHOCKWAVE Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SKYWARP Transformers Combiner Wars Legends Class complete Hasbro 2015 230903A"
SKYWARP Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "HIGHBROW + XORT Transformers Titans Return Deluxe complete Hasbro 2016 231208U"
NEW!
HIGHBROW + XORT Tr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Trypticon RAMP (RIGHT HIP) Transformers Titans Return part accs 2017 230817E"
NEW!
Trypticon RAMP (RI ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS UNIVERSE #3 Marvel Comics 1987 (CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 230926U"
TRANSFORMERS UNIVE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SCOURGE Transformers Generations Deluxe complete Hasbro 2010 230903A"
NEW!
SCOURGE Transforme ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #346 - Gas Station Jamboree
Twincast / Podcast #346:
"Gas Station Jamboree"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, March 23rd, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Grotusque and Scorponok Deluxe Action Figure Exclusive Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Terrorcon Blot" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Optimal Optimus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of the Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Novastar" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Autobot Ratchet" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Voyager Decepticon Nitro" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Megatron and Doomshot" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class Protectobot Groove Figure" on AMAZON