This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

IDW Publishing - January 2011 Transformers Comic Solicitations

Discuss anything about the Transformers cartoons and comics! You can discuss anything from G1 to Cybertron as well as the comics from Marvel, Dreamwave, IDW and more!

IDW Publishing - January 2011 Transformers Comic Solicitations

Postby Blurrz » Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:40 pm

Motto: "scream drive faster"
Weapon: Electro-Laser Cannon
Infestation! Transformers 3! All will be found in IDW's Transformers comics for the month of January in 2011. The crossover begins with Infestation #1. We are getting a four series Transformers 3 prequel - two issues will be released in this month - Rising Storm and Foundation. Sector 07 closes out this month with it's fifth issue, while Transformers: Ongoing continues with its 15th. Transformers: Prime gets broken up and reprinted into its own weekly series, while we get trade paperbacks Transformers: Drift and Transformers: The IDW Collection, Vol. 3. Check out the solicitations and spoilers below!

Infestation #1 (of 2)
Dan Abnett & Andy Lanning (w) • David Messina (a) • Gabriel Rodriguez, J.K. Snyder III (c)
It begins here! The first-ever IDW event, which affects the Transformers, G.I. Joe, Ghostbusters, and Star Trek universes! This dimensions-spanning storyline begins with a specially priced 40-page story by Abnett & Lanning (The Thanos Imperative) and David Messina (True Blood). Something goes horribly awry in the Zombies vs Robots universe, threatening to tear many of IDW’s biggest realities asunder! Don’t miss the IDW event ten years in the making!
*2 regular covers will be shipped in a 1-to-1 ratio.
FC • 40 pages • $3.99

TRANSFORMERS: Rising Storm #1 (of 4)
John Barber (w) • Carlos Magno (a) • Brian Rood (c)
Megatron has been on the run since Optimus Prime defeated the Fallen... But now a new player has arrived on Earth, and he's not taking prisoners! Fan-favorite SHOCKWAVE enters the scene in a major way, just in time for his role in TRANSFORMERS 3!
FC • 32 pages • $3.99

TRANSFORMERS: Foundation #2 (of 4)
John Barber (w) • Andrew Griffith (a) • Brian Rood (c)
War rages on Cybertron, and Optimus Prime has one goal—kill Megatron at any cost! But how far will the Autobot leader go—and what led these two former friends down the road of hate? Secrets are revealed and clues are unearthed in the run-up to this summer's blockbuster TRANSFORMERS 3!
FC • 32 pages • $3.99

Transformers: Drift
Shane McCarthy (w) • Alex Milne (a) • Guido Guidi (c)
What was it that caused one of the DECEPTICON’s most ruthless soldiers to turn his back on them? And what ancient secret lies hidden deep within an alien planet? All this and more as the origin of the newest AUTOBOT, DRIFT, is finally revealed!
Expected in-store date: 1/19/11
TPB • FC • $17.99 • 104 Pages • ISBN: 978-1-60010-855-6

Transformers: Sector 7 #5 (of 5)
John Barber (w) • Joe Suitor (a) • Brian Rood (c)
Jetfire makes his final judgment against humanity, as he comes face to face with Sector 7 founder Walter Simmons! Meanwhile, in Sector 7's Arctic Command, still housing the frozen frame of Megatron, someone has turned traitor... or is there a Decepticon in their midst? All the answers are here, as the lead-up to TRANSFORMERS III heats up!
FC • 32 pages • $3.99

Transformers #15
Mike Costa (w) • Don Figueroa (a) • Figueroa, Nick Roche (c)
The most dangerous Decepticon in the universe is back... but not in a way anyone expected. What has happened to Megatron in his years away, and what is his plan for his enemies? Costa and Figueroa reveal all, as the darkest chapter since ALL HAIL MEGATRON continues!
*2 regular covers will be shipped in a 1-to-1 ratio.
FC • 32 pages • $3.99

Transformers: Prime #1 (of 4)
Mike Johnson (w) • EJ Su (a) • Jose Lopez and Augusto Barranco (c)
FC • 32 pages • $3.99

Transformers: Prime #2 (of 4)
Mike Johnson (w) • Atilio Martin and Allan Jefferson (a) • TBD (c)
FC • 32 pages • $3.99

Transformers: Prime #3 (of 4)
Mike Johnson (w) • David Daza (a) • TBD (c)
FC • 32 pages • $3.99

Transformers: Prime #4 (of 4)
Mike Johnson (w) • Joe St. Pierre (a) • TBD (c)
FC • 32 pages • $3.99

Based on the all-new animated series! Join CLIFFJUMPER and ARCEE as they battle their way through DECEPTICON forces in a desperate adventure to learn the secrets of Space Bridge Technology! STARSCREAM, the DECEPTICON enforcer stands in their way, not just from the mission, but to rejoin OPTIMUS PRIME and his AUTOBOTS as well! This is the PREQUEL to the new hit TV Show! (*Note – Previously offered as a collection, TRANSFORMERS: PRIME TP in the August 2010 catalog)

The Transformers: The IDW Collection, Vol. 3
Simon Furman and Stuart Moore (w) • E.J. Su, Guido Guidi, Emiliano Santalucia, Alex Milne, Marcelo Matere, Klaus Scherwinski, and Tyler Kirkham (a) • E.J. Su (c)
The re-presentation of IDW's TRANSFORMERS Universe continues in volume 3! This volume includes the TRANSFORMERS series Devastation, as well as Spotlights: Galvatron, Ramjet, Wheelie, Blaster, Arcee, and Grimlock as well as the first-ever crossover with Marvel, Avengers/Transformers!
Expected in-store date: 1/26/11
HC • FC • $49.99 • 330 Pages • 7” x 11” • ISBN: 978-1-60010-856-3

Seibertron.com - The Ultimate Transformers Resource!
Blurrz
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 1452
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 10
Endurance: 6
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 5

Re: IDW Publishing - January 2011 Transformers Comic Solicitations

Postby MysteriousDewd » Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:25 pm

I am seriously loving the cover for Ongoing #15, while I am more for the traditional look of Megatron I do think this new look shall be interesting for the series. And DAMN thats a big gun he has.
MysteriousDewd
Fuzor

Postby NassaDane » Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:29 pm

Motto: ""I didn't join because of ROTF, i hated that movie, my love is for Transformers of old""
i've always wanted to mix zombies with transformers. I would like to see a zombie optimus prime.
"Hold on to your dreams Chip. The Future is built on Dreams." -Optimus Prime
NassaDane
Micromaster

Postby Chaoslock » Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:33 pm

Weapon: Reciprocating Laser Cannon
Is that Shockwave, or a Minotaur?

TF 3 cover:
Ironhide: "Hey Prime, what are we doing in a soviet sci-fi movie?"

TF15:
I love the new look of Megatron, but I fear the skeleton faces may reappear
GENERATION 1: THE EPIC ORIGINS! -Hasbro

"Autobots, Buster Witwicky killed Primus. Kill on sight!" - broadcast from Urban Dead

Psychout wrote:Never, ever take the internet seriously, especially not when its on a website dedicated to giant cartoon robots from outer space.
Chaoslock
Faction Commander
News Credits: 7
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 9
Firepower: 7
Skill: 7

Postby MysteriousDewd » Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:40 pm

Chaoslock wrote:Is that Shockwave, or a Minotaur?

TF 3 cover:
Ironhide: "Hey Prime, what are we doing in a soviet sci-fi movie?"

TF15:
I love the new look of Megatron, but I fear the skeleton faces may reappear

I hope its Shockwave, it would be nice to see him come to the big screen as it would create more conflict for Megatron.
MysteriousDewd
Fuzor

Postby soundwave1994 » Fri Oct 22, 2010 1:04 am

Motto: "time flies when your crushing autobot sparks"
Weapon: Sonic Boomer Laser
oh wow if that is shockwave then i shall crap myself it is epic
end of the rebirth part 3
daniel: its good to be together again. arcee i just wanna say, arcee i, i...
arcee: you dont have to daniel, i feel the same way too
O.o thats just wrong
soundwave1994
Minibot
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 3
Endurance: 5
Firepower: 8
Skill: 10

Postby Carnivius_Prime » Fri Oct 22, 2010 1:52 am

Motto: "A cunning smile is more devastating than the fiercest weapon."
Weapon: Anti-Thermal Cannon
I really enjoyed the first issue of Sector 7. I love me some movie comics.
I have anxiety, depression and aspergers syndrome so my behaviour can be erratic. I don't mean offense to anyone. Just very picky about my Transformers collecting. You're all cool! :)

Likes: Bayverse, Marvel UK G1, Geoff Senior art, '86 movie (more for style/soundtrack rather than Star Wars plot)
Dislikes: Bumblebee movie (lousy rehashed dumb crud), TFA, G1 cartoon, IDW G1, BW/BM, MP. The entire concept of Autobot Megatron
Carnivius_Prime
City Commander
News Credits: 19

Postby cannonfodder4000 » Fri Oct 22, 2010 2:40 am

Motto: "Dey are fools! and dey will dai, like foods!"
Weapon: Right Laser
I'm not into TF comics (one of the reasons is that they dont sell them in qatar >.>) but i would gladly get TF ongoing #15 JUST for that cover! that has to be my favorite megatron design now! don kicks ass but what sucks ass is that almost none of his designs get toys!
(i know about the titanium line but i meant GOOD toys)
cannonfodder4000
Gestalt Team Leader
News Credits: 17
Watch cannonfodder4000 on YouTube
Strength: 2
Intelligence: 4
Speed: 1
Endurance: 2
Courage: 3
Firepower: 1
Skill: 2

Postby First-Aid » Fri Oct 22, 2010 7:30 am

Motto: "This won't hurt me a bit."
Weapon: Laser Scalpel
Anyone else getting an Energon Shockblast vibe from that Shockwave outline?

Oh yeah, and the Megatron? BAD ASS!!! Love it!
It finally happened. The Chicago Cubs won the World Series. Yes, I cried.

-Kanrabat- wrote:
TF-fan kev777 wrote:
First-Aid wrote:Okay, did anyone else notice that we all get a wonderful shot of Starscreams crotch anytime he sits in that throne? That's unnerving. Couldn't they have put n extra flap in there? It's....weird.

Its kind of like Basic Instinct, but not in a good way...

Goddammit, now I can't unsee it.
First-Aid
Faction Commander
News Credits: 2
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 5
Courage: 10
Firepower: 2
Skill: 10+

Postby Darth Bombshell » Fri Oct 22, 2010 7:47 am

Motto: "Insanity is a state of mind, and I have a home there."
Weapon: Cerebro-Shell Launcher
First-Aid wrote:Anyone else getting an Energon Shockblast vibe from that Shockwave outline?

Well, since that is Movieverse Shockwave...

Oh, and looks like IDW's starting off 2011 by offering up a big plate of Fail.
Darth Bombshell
Gestalt
News Credits: 487
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 5
Endurance: 6
Firepower: 6
Skill: 7

Postby Artakha Prime » Fri Oct 22, 2010 11:02 am

Weapon: Venom Blaster
just **** myself of pure awesomeness. Seriously, even he shadow of Shockwave looks epic as hell. Just wait for the real deal. Better put aside some cash for the figure...
if you read this, get a life.
Artakha Prime
Minibot
Strength: ???
Intelligence: ???
Speed: ???
Endurance: ???
Courage: ???
Firepower: ???
Skill: ???

Postby Dinobot747 » Fri Oct 22, 2010 5:11 pm

Motto: "Peace through tyranny!"
Weapon: Nuclear Charged Fusion Cannon
January can't come soon enough... =P~ 8) :KREMZEEK:
Dinobot747
Mini-Con
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Postby NuclearConvoy » Sat Oct 23, 2010 9:29 pm

Super Megatron IDW Style~!
NuclearConvoy
Godmaster
News Credits: 8

Postby Dorca » Sat Oct 23, 2010 10:02 pm

January is officially the month I will start to get into comics.
Dorca
Minibot

Return to Transformers Cartoons and Comics Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DUKE #2 Cvr D 1:50 Image Comics 2024 2E GI JOE 1123IM276 (CA) Dragotta"
DUKE #2 Cvr D 1:50 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #7 Cvr E 1:50 Image Comics 2024 0124IM330 7E (CA) Walta (W) Kirkman"
NEW!
VOID RIVALS #7 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS vs GI JOE #1 SDCC Cvr B IDW Comics 2014 01SDCCB (CA) Scioli 220712"
TRANSFORMERS vs GI ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #18 Marvel Comics 1986 (CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 231222F"
NEW!
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS ESCAPE #2 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2021 NOV200371 2RI (CA) Goux"
TRANSFORMERS ESCAP ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #7 Cvr A Image Comics 2024 Skybound 0224IM313 7A (CA) Johnson"
NEW!
TRANSFORMERS #7 Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #29 Cvr B IDW Comics 2021 JAN210502 29B (CA) Su (W) Ruckley"
TRANSFORMERS #29 C ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers PRIMACY #3 IDW Comics 2014 (A/CA) Ramondelli AUG140463 201106A"
Transformers PRIMA ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers ALL HAIL MEGATRON #16 Cvr A IDW Comics 2009 16A (CA) Guidi"
Transformers ALL H ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #36 Marvel Comics 1988 (W) Budiansky (CA) Springer 231222S"
NEW!
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #60 Marvel Comics 1989 (W) Furman (A/CA) Delbo 210422A"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS GENERATION 2 #4 Marvel Comics 1994 (W) Furman (CA) Yaniger 230915Q"
TRANSFORMERS GENER ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers LAST BOT STANDING #2 Cvr D IDW Comics 2022 FEB228625 2D Stafford"
Transformers LAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers REGENERATION ONE #100 CE IDW Comics 2014 100CE convention 230207B"
Transformers REGEN ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Toys Optimus Prime Cyberverse Ultimate Class Action Figure - Repeatable Matrix Mega Shot Action Attack Move - Toys for Kids 6 & Up, 11.5"" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Power of the Primes Punch-Counterpunch and Prima Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Toys Megatron Cyberverse Ultimate Class Action Figure - Repeatable Fusion Mega Shot Action Attack Move - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 11.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Computron Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 12 Voyager Class Movie 1 Decepticon Brawl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Twin Twist and Flameout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Nucleon and Galvatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Menasor Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Class Ultra Magnus Figure(Discontinued by manufacturer)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Skrapnel" on AMAZON