This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

New Dengeki Hobby Scans of Takara Tomy's MP Rodimus Convoy

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

New Dengeki Hobby Scans of Takara Tomy's MP Rodimus Convoy

Postby DevastaTTor » Sat Oct 23, 2010 7:30 pm

New images of Takara Tomy's upcoming Masterpiece Rodimus Convoy featured in the December issue of Dengeki Hobby have been scanned and posted to the CyberGundam blog pages. The two-page spread gives us closer looks at the figure's dual robot and vehicle modes and highlights Hot Rodimus' (Hot Rod's) opening canopy in car mode. We also get another look at the other gimmicks: the retracting visor, the two-mode gun, and saw and welding torch accessories. The scanned pages also point out the joints where the legs click down to give us the height difference between the two robot modes and also feature a picture the mail-away base. This figure is scheduled for a January 2011 release.

To view the original post, click HERE.
Check out my BST Sales Thread HERE!

Equal Opportunity Transforming Robot Collector
DevastaTTor
Gestalt
News Credits: 198

Re: New Dengeki Hobby Scans of Takara Tomy's MP Rodimus Convoy

Postby MINDVVIPE » Sat Oct 23, 2010 8:15 pm

Motto: "One look from me and you've lost"
Weapon: Black Magic
ugh what a boring rendition of Hotrod/Rodimus. The blandest piece of titikacka ever. They got the car mode wrong, that shape is slipper, opposed to the more round sleekness it should have, centered more in the center than stuffed up towards the back, and is it just me or do those hubcabs look like total a$$? If you put MP Grimlock next to this, this thing wouldn't even be thought of as a product from the same makers. Sorry to harsh pre-orderers' buzz... just saying. We need better stuff for the forked out dough. I WILL, however, say that the opening cockpit is pretty sweet. The rest can suck a fatty...

:CON:
THE POWERS OF DARKNESS ARE A MORE POWERFUL WEAPON THAN ALL THE TOYS YOUR SCIENCE CAN MUSTER

Die, Autobots!
MINDVVIPE
Gestalt
Strength: ???
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: ???
Courage: ???
Firepower: ???
Skill: ???

Postby Agamemnon » Sat Oct 23, 2010 8:21 pm

Motto: ""I'd be the President of the procrastinator's club if I ever got around to submitting my application.""
Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
Yippee! He has his hand saw. I know, a weird thing to be excited about. Maybe it's the Saw marathon on SyFy.

Now, if only we could answer the Matrix question.

And I have to disagree with MINDVVIPE. In many ways, there were some compromises made with MP Optimus that could be criticized as well. Compared to the G1 Rodimus Prime toy we have, this thing is pretty, well, pretty! Outside of FansProject's Protector, and Maybe Titanium Rodimus, this is a more than decent rendition for a Masterpiece.

Now if only it will only show up complete at Toys R Us in the states. Please keep the Trailer, Hasbro!!
william-james88 wrote:Also be weary of hope in this hobby. Hope is just undiscovered disappointment.
My nephew wrote:Bacon is meat candy.
Agamemnon, barebacked rider of flying robo-dragon, and not often constipated either...
(I answer to Ag or Ags. Agamemnon is too long to type. Plus, there is something elemental about calling me Ag. :-D )
Agamemnon
Faction Commander
News Credits: 10
Alt Mode: A donut. Mmmmm...donut
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 2
Endurance: 6
Courage: 9
Firepower: 5
Skill: 8

Postby DevastaTTor » Sat Oct 23, 2010 8:22 pm

I like this figure but not 200 dollars like. I'll definitely be waiting for the Hasbro release-the color couldn't be much worse and I don't need/want the trailer anyway.

And it's nice to finally be able to post some news while I'm here in China!
Check out my BST Sales Thread HERE!

Equal Opportunity Transforming Robot Collector
DevastaTTor
Gestalt
News Credits: 198

Postby Rodimus Prime » Sat Oct 23, 2010 8:28 pm

Motto: "Individual freedom above all else."
Agamemnon wrote: Please keep the Trailer, Hasbro!!

I think it's already been confirmed that they wouldn't. Only Hot Rod will be released in the U.S.
........Image
Rodimus Prime
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 22

Postby MINDVVIPE » Sat Oct 23, 2010 8:28 pm

Agamemnon wrote:Yippee! He has his hand saw. I know, a weird thing to be excited about. Maybe it's the Saw marathon on SyFy.

Now, if only we could answer the Matrix question.

And I have to disagree with MINDVVIPE. In many ways, there were some compromises made with MP Optimus that could be criticized as well. Compared to the G1 Rodimus Prime toy we have, this thing is pretty, well, pretty! Outside of FansProject's Protector, and Maybe Titanium Rodimus, this is a more than decent rendition for a Masterpiece.

Now if only it will only show up complete at Toys R Us in the states. Please keep the Trailer, Hasbro!!

your WRONG!!!...ALL WRONG!!
hehe j/k...but not.

And for ze record, My classics hotrod has got it all, including the right scale I need for the classics universe theme. I actually didn't care for the FP rodimus upgrade, its cool, but I never really accepted HotRod as a prime... kinda like how the Jews haven't accepted Jesus. hehe.
No but really, i figure if i got an Optimus Prime in my collection, Hotrod gives up the title. Coz you know, hah... like prime would take that... probably slap hotrod around till he writes a mosaic about how prime bitchslapped him around.......... *hint

THE POWERS OF DARKNESS ARE A MORE POWERFUL WEAPON THAN ALL THE TOYS YOUR SCIENCE CAN MUSTER

Die, Autobots!
MINDVVIPE
Gestalt

Postby kirbenvost » Sat Oct 23, 2010 11:20 pm

Motto: "Deal with it."
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
His face is too white. Other than that, he looks good, but I'm starting to doubt if I want the Takara version.
------------------------------
Old collection pics
------------------------------
For Sale/Trade
kirbenvost
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 11
Buy from kirbenvost on eBay
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 7
Courage: 8
Firepower: 9
Skill: 10

Postby Pyrostrata » Sun Oct 24, 2010 12:16 am

Motto: "Autobots just BORE me!"
Weapon: Flamethrower Cannons
I am a self-professed Rodimus-hater.....I cannot, nor will not, ever stand this character...He pisses me off by just existing........

....but this piece of plastic and engineering love is a work of art. Just a stunning MP-treatment of the Matrix-stealing Prime-killer. :lol:

I can hear you screaming all the way over here, Skice!
Cannabis Prime wrote:I didn't know a super-sonic jet could park on the grass like that!

Caboose wrote:Time is not made out of lines! Time is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round!

The First Lady of Rage on the Twincast Podcast! http://www.seibertron.com/podcast/

Desperately seeking: Individual weapons (flash included) and missiles for G1 Reflector! PM me if ya got em!
Pyrostrata
Podcast Staff
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 9
Courage: 10
Firepower: 6
Skill: 9

Postby MGrotusque » Sun Oct 24, 2010 1:21 am

i think i'm gonna cancel my pre order. Just not feelin the love for this one. Was stoked at first but i think it'll be easy to walk away from.
I honestly don't like the car mode.
MGrotusque
Gestalt
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 5
Skill: 8

Postby Lapse Of Reason » Sun Oct 24, 2010 5:01 am

Weapon: Sword
I'm here to balance some of the hate. I LOVE the look of this figure. Can't wait for my preorder to come in. It is worth the $200 to me.
Lapse Of Reason
Gestalt
News Credits: 10
Buy from Lapse Of Reason on eBay
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 7
Endurance: 10+
Courage: Infinity
Skill: 10+

Postby frogbat » Sun Oct 24, 2010 5:26 am

Motto: "All my 6 nipples are tingling."
Weapon: Self-Propelled Photon Cannon
at first i was sceptical but the more i saw the more i liked. Very disappointed with hasbro not releasing the full version

because that would be a masterpiece hot rod and not rodimus! Thing is.. he's a great mp rodimus but not the best rendition of hot rod in vehicle mode.

i'm more than satisfied with the classics hot rod rendition.

I have the original rodimus toy and even though i have all the pieces, he's such a crap robot that i keep him in alt mode with buzzsaw perced on him for decoration (he get's no respect!)

i'd be willing to pay a max of 100-120 euro/usd for the mp with the trailer... anyone need a spare kidney?

also.. are there any pics with a size comparison - haven't quite grasped the scale of this guy yet
My personal prime collection so far in descending order of how great i reckon the toy is -
FE Prime, Silas Breakdown (Powerizer), Dreadwing (Powerizer), FE Bulkhead, Voyager StarScream (Powerizer), Ratchet, Soundwave, Arcee, Voyager Megatron (Powerizer), Wheeljack, Thundertron (Powerizer), Ultra Magnus (Powerizer), Knockout, Cliffjumper, Bumblebee,Airachnid
frogbat
Pretender
Strength: 6
Firepower: 5
Skill: 7

Postby Prime Riblet » Sun Oct 24, 2010 5:53 am

Motto: "Mottos! We need no stinking mottos!"
Weapon: Double-Barreled, Armor-Piercing Particle Beam Cann...
Pyrostrata wrote:I am a self-professed Rodimus-hater.....I cannot, nor will not, ever stand this character...He pisses me off by just existing........

....but this piece of plastic and engineering love is a work of art. Just a stunning MP-treatment of the Matrix-stealing Prime-killer. :lol:

I can hear you screaming all the way over here, Skice!

Your post is really on the money, imo. If I didn't think the character sucked, I would gladly spend the $200. I think it is very well done. I will just wait and hope the next MP figure will be done as well.
Prime Riblet
Gestalt
Speed: 4
Endurance: 8

Postby Snagglepus » Sun Oct 24, 2010 6:11 am

I've watched the animated movie several times to compare the actual MP Hotrod vehicle mode to that of which the toy is based off of and it's dead on. I'm not sure if those who compare it are using the toy we received under the G1 line for comparisons or not but it's been my understanding that the MP line is to be based off of the G1 cartoon (or in this case the animated movie) for accurate representations of color schemes transformations and of course gimmicks/features.

The only variance I can see with the car mode of Hotrod to that of the movie is the spoiler. Outside of that given that this toy is 2 robots and 2 vehicles in one the approach idea and execution are spot on.

All things considered I think we all have to keep in mind the material used to produce the masterpiece line is subject to some interpretations and based on overall expense to produce these figures they will never be perfect as to how we the collector's or fans think they should be.

I mean lets be honest you're already bitching about the price of $200 being to expensive could you imagine what the cost would be if this or any other MP figure would be if it were "perfectly designed" in our eyes. None of us would buy them.

Every MP figure released to date has it's flaws and short comings. Grimmy is to short for scale comparisons (again money issues), the seekers have a samurai look to them with the waist kibble but in reality this isn't terribly bad, Magnus isn't Magnus simply because he's a straight repaint of MP Prime, and Megatron's legs aren't "anime accurate" (to thin).

Rumor has it Magnus is getting a second production run. Maybe Takara figured out how to produce the trailer and armor upgrade for him without making the price to ridiculous but again expect the price to be around $200 - $250 if this is the case.

All things considered these are my opinions based on the MP line and my interpretations of their executions. I really enjoy this line and hope to see it produced for a very long time. I also think the next several years are going to be very exciting for transformer fans as it seems an explosion is unfolding before us. I think with the emergence of the 3rd party companies like Fans Project, I-Gear Toys, etc etc producing such high quality figures and accessories/upgrades for current market transformers. This will make Takara and Hasbro rethink and ultimately produce a better product over all. We basically know if they these two want do it or at least attempt it a third party company will and do it very well. I think this is why you are starting to see more and more slight retool's of figure's instead of straight repaints like Hasbro use to do.

My wall of text is done, thanks for reading.
Snagglepus
Mini-Con

Postby Cyber Bishop » Sun Oct 24, 2010 6:20 am

Motto: "Ker-Klick... Choom!"
I am not the biggest Rodimus fan but man that thing is a work of transformable art... A bit too high priced for me though.

Makes me wonder, it would be great for a MP Kup.. But his transformation would most likely be simplistic and no one seems to want a simplistic transformation (I don't care if it is easy or difficult)..

I wonder what else is up the pike as far as MP's go now?
Not a sheeple.
Think for yourself, don't let the magic TV box and social media do the thinking for you.
Question EVERYTHING!!
Just because you have a youtube review channel doesn't make you special.
No, I am not friendly online or in real life.
I look forward to attending a Botcon only to settle matters with idiots in person.
Cyber Bishop
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 103
Watch Cyber Bishop on YouTube
Buy from Cyber Bishop on eBay
Alt Mode: some sort of rudimentary lathe

Postby REMINATOR » Sun Oct 24, 2010 8:26 am

Weapon: Road Blade
Snagglepus wrote:
Rumor has it Magnus is getting a second production run. Maybe Takara figured out how to produce the trailer and armor upgrade for him without making the price to ridiculous but again expect the price to be around $200 - $250 if this is the case.

This rumor is definitely new to me. I haven't seen any board talks about it so far excluding the previous MP2 Reissue (w/ Tomy logo) and newly release Igear Magnus w/ trailer to follow.
MP-22 Ultra Magnus: Autobot City Commander
REMINATOR
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 5

Postby DMSL » Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:17 am

Weapon: Electro-Laser Cannon
I htink this figure looks awesome!

The only thing they could screw up now is his size. He definately should be in scale with MP Prime.

Also, it would be cool if they included a Daniel figure to sit in the cockpit.
DMSL
Transmetal Warrior
Watch DMSL on YouTube
Strength: 7
Speed: 6
Firepower: 7

Postby Sodan-1 » Sun Oct 24, 2010 1:59 pm

Motto: "Motive is a universal weakness."
What is meant by mail-away base?
Sodan-1
Gestalt
News Credits: 1

Postby evers » Sun Oct 24, 2010 2:13 pm

Ok so that base is the Mail away base you can get if you order all the 2010 transformers items? and what does this base do?
Never was a Rodimus Prime fan loved hot rod so may wait till the US version unless the base is uber cool and I just don't know it
looking for the missiles and antenna to cybertron leader class prime, and the blue missiles and gun to classics jetfire
evers
Mini-Con
Buy from evers on eBay

Postby Sodan-1 » Sun Oct 24, 2010 2:17 pm

Motto: "Motive is a universal weakness."
evers wrote:Ok so that base is the Mail away base you can get if you order all the 2010 transformers items? and what does this base do?

Oh that base! Geez I'm being dumb tonight. I thought it was talking about the base Rodimus' trailer transforms in to. I'll leave now.
Sodan-1
Gestalt
News Credits: 1

Postby MINDVVIPE » Sun Oct 24, 2010 2:26 pm

HotRod.jpg

I'm sorry, theres just no way the attached pic of HotRod is done right in those pics. How you can tell? Silhouette. If the silhouette blows, then the object looks like crap. I figured why though, its coz they had to make the back of the car turn into the truck, (i know everyone already knew this), but that, and the exceedingly long front just makes it look like garbage, but yea, i'm done bad mouthing it.

Die, Autobots!
MINDVVIPE
Gestalt

Postby Jelze Bunnycat » Sun Oct 24, 2010 2:30 pm

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
REMINATOR wrote:
Snagglepus wrote:

This rumor is definitely new to me. I haven't seen any board talks about it so far excluding the previous MP2 Reissue (w/ Tomy logo) and newly release Igear Magnus w/ trailer to follow.

You mean third: he already had his second, along with Trailer MP Convoy.
The resident Rewind... well, half of one :lol:

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3

Looking for:
- TR Furos (Hardhead's head) and Crashbash (lost him :()
- PotP Punch head
- TR Galvatron right arm (the gun one)
- CW Brake-Neck/UW Wildrider, CW Offroad
- TR Twinferno & Grotusque
- Greenlight, Lancer and PotP Elita-1 (plus repro Victorion hands and feet?)
Jelze Bunnycat
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 241
Speed: 8
Skill: 5

Postby evers » Sun Oct 24, 2010 2:45 pm

so can anyone tell me anything bout this base you can mail away for? I am afraid I am not to clear on what is supposed to make this so cool and make me want to spend so much money on all those other items in order to get it
looking for the missiles and antenna to cybertron leader class prime, and the blue missiles and gun to classics jetfire
evers
Mini-Con
Buy from evers on eBay

Postby Ultra Markus » Sun Oct 24, 2010 3:17 pm

Motto: "“You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain.” - Harvey Dent in The Dark Knight"
Weapon: 16 Cannons
MINDVVIPE wrote:ugh what a boring rendition of Hotrod/Rodimus. The blandest piece of titikacka ever. They got the car mode wrong, that shape is slipper, opposed to the more round sleekness it should have, centered more in the center than stuffed up towards the back, and is it just me or do those hubcabs look like total a$$? If you put MP Grimlock next to this, this thing wouldn't even be thought of as a product from the same makers. Sorry to harsh pre-orderers' buzz... just saying. We need better stuff for the forked out dough. I WILL, however, say that the opening cockpit is pretty sweet. The rest can suck a fatty...

wow that's pretty harsh
the fact of the matter is that this is the closest to a cartoon accurate representation of a transformable hot rod/rodimus prime toy that has ever been made
and to those who think this is crap well good that leaves more for those who would more appreciate it like most of us
Ultra Markus
Gestalt
Alt Mode: the biggest baddest thing ever
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 10
Endurance: 10
Firepower: 10

Postby Badassimus Prime » Sun Oct 24, 2010 4:20 pm

Motto: "Do it with style or don't bother doing it!"
Weapon: Photon Laser
It's a decent looking MP. I'm not too wild about it at the moment (at least not at the price they're asking). The Fansproject upgrade will suffice for me.
Badassimus Prime
Fuzor
Courage: 9
Firepower: 6

Postby Neurie » Sun Oct 24, 2010 4:37 pm

People bitch and moan how much Takara master pieces cost compared to US?Europe versions, well think of it this way: When a car company releases a new car they charge more for it when its first released than when its say a year old mainly to rcoup the huge R&D costs. Same so for the MP line, japan figures will cost more because the relative price per unit is higher until the original out lay costs ahve been covered and profit made. By that point the US release is preped and usually 75% cheaper, not taking i to acount tax and import duties.

Now as for the toy its self. The car mode is THE most acurate representation of Hotrod to the animated movie ever. The car was all curves not just one big one to a block back ala classics,gen 1.

This is a engineering masterpiece. Pityin US and UKif it gets released her it wont have the trailer but will still change in to rodimus prime.

I will get this as it looks the best Rodimus toy ever and the most screen acurate Hotrod ever.

Form the cutter to the weidling hand this ahs it all.
Neurie
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 4

Next

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers Wreckers TREAD & CIRCUITS #3 Cvr A IDW Comics 2021 3A (CA) Thomas"
Transformers Wreck ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers WARS END #3 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2022 FEB220444 3RI (CA) Lafuente"
Transformers WARS ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers Energon Volume 1 COMIC / PRODUCT CATALOG 2004 Optimus Prime Hasbro"
Transformers Energ ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers LAST BOT STANDING #2 Cvr A IDW Comics 2022 APR221597 2A (CA) Roche"
Transformers LAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers KING GRIMLOCK #1 Cvr B IDW Comics 2021 JUN210456 1B (CA) Padilla"
Transformers KING ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers Best of HOT ROD #1 IDW Comics 2022 MAR220507 (CA) Biggie"
Transformers Best ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #10 Marvel Comics 1985 (CA) Baker (W) Budiansky 230926D"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers KING GRIMLOCK #4 Cvr B IDW Comics 2021 SEP210485 4B (CA) Kyriazis"
Transformers KING ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS vs GI JOE #1 Cvr Sub IDW Comics 2014 1SUB (CA) Stokoe 230124"
TRANSFORMERS vs GI ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #4 1st ptg Marvel Comics 1985 (CA) Texeira (W) Salicrup 240317A"
NEW!
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #24 Marvel Comics 1987 (CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 220622A"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS #8 Cvr B IDW Comics 2021 JUL210497 8B (CA) Gee"
TRANSFORMERS BEAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #3 Cvr B Image Comics 2023 JUN230376 3B (CA) Harren (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #3 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #2 4th ptg Image Comics 2023 1023IM893 (CA) Torque (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #2 4th ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Battleslash" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Roadtrap" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Misfire and Aimless" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Rippersnapper" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Windblade and Scorchfire" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Autobot Topspin and Freezeout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titan Masters Overboard Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class Skywarp Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Playskool Heroes Transformers Rescue Bots Optimus Prime" on AMAZON