This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Transformers Mosaic: "Was I Asleep"

Discuss anything about the Transformers cartoons and comics! You can discuss anything from G1 to Cybertron as well as the comics from Marvel, Dreamwave, IDW and more!

Transformers Mosaic: "Was I Asleep"

Postby Richter » Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:16 am

The Universe of the Transformers is vast, and populated by many characters. Their universe is a large tapestry, made up of the stories and points of view of countless experiences that serve the larger whole.

These are some of those stories. This is:

It should be noted that while this project has been recognized by IDW Publishing and Hasbro, none of the works presented have been commissioned or solicited by either company. The stories are not official canon, except where noted. These stories are the result of Transformers enthusiasts taking the time out of their busy days to contribute to a universe they love. No one has been paid for the production of these stories.

For all Transformers news / updates / information, click here

Transformers Mosaic FAQ, click here

WAS I ASLEEP

Story, Art and Letters by:
Jon http://skylynx377.deviantart.com/

Richter
Targetmaster
News Credits: 430

Re: Transformers Mosaic: "Was I Asleep"

Postby Predaprince » Mon Oct 25, 2010 3:55 pm

Motto: ""Destruction is the fate of all sentient beings.""
Weapon: Sonic Rifle
Why is one of the Decepticon Clones talking to Punch instead of shooting him???
Predaprince
God Of Transformers
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 9
Courage: 10
Firepower: ???
Skill: Infinity

Postby Rodimus723 » Mon Oct 25, 2010 5:54 pm

I think the dialog is internal, that is why he is confronting him as a comrade.
Rodimus723

Postby Jedi Kermit » Mon Oct 25, 2010 6:44 pm

Forgive me, but "your crazy" should be "you're crazy". Drives me nuts when it isn't used right.
Jedi Kermit
Fuzor
News Credits: 28

Postby Sky-Quake » Mon Oct 25, 2010 6:44 pm

Motto: "I'll rip out your optics"
Weapon: Plasma Cannon
Predaprince wrote:Why is one of the Decepticon Clones talking to Punch instead of shooting him???

I think that's supposed to be twin twist I can't tell for sure if it's two characters or one talking to punch it looks like it's just one I think it's another panel or something
I am in need of another missle for my energon Starscram and a wing for my Armada Terrorsaur the one with his name on it if anyone has spares of these items that they don't need please PM me
Sky-Quake
Fuzor
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 5
Endurance: 6
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 9
Skill: 10+

Postby Crosscheck » Mon Oct 25, 2010 6:50 pm

Weapon: Electro-burst Rifle
Jedi Kermit wrote:Forgive me, but "your crazy" should be "you're crazy". Drives me nuts when it isn't used right.

Glad I am not the only person that get's ticked when I see that moronic mistake. Anyone over the age of ten shouldn't get confused by it. You're/Your/Yore There/Their/They're To/Two/Too

If a person doesn't know the difference, fit them for a dunce hat.
Crosscheck
Combiner
News Credits: 2
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6
Endurance: 4
Courage: 7
Firepower: 6
Skill: 9

Postby The Dude » Mon Oct 25, 2010 6:55 pm

Motto: "I never save pictures of any new toy, because before I know it, I'll be sick of seeing its ugly mug on Walmart shelves. Isn't that right, Mudflap?"
Weapon: Fusion Cannon
Whose crazy? Your crazy!

Your crazy is my crazy.
The Dude
Minibot
Strength: 3
Speed: 4
Courage: 6
Firepower: 10
Skill: 8

Postby MINDVVIPE » Mon Oct 25, 2010 7:18 pm

Motto: "One look from me and you've lost"
Weapon: Black Magic
yeaa I don't get it either, shouldn't Pounce/Wingspan be talking to Counter-punch?...
Otherwise, the art has got the emotion in it despite lack of detail and such.

*Edit: If Pounce/Wingspan said Counter-punches name, it'd make sense coz he was touching Punch from behind. heh heh heh. Unless it isn't a decepticon clone.... then it makes sense as is.

:CON:
THE POWERS OF DARKNESS ARE A MORE POWERFUL WEAPON THAN ALL THE TOYS YOUR SCIENCE CAN MUSTER

Die, Autobots!
MINDVVIPE
Gestalt
Strength: ???
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: ???
Courage: ???
Skill: ???

Postby esclavo » Mon Oct 25, 2010 7:51 pm

Weapon: 20 Megavolt Stun Rifle
I like the mosaic. Even with it's mistakes and all it's pretty good. Maybe take a little more time editing before posting. Over all, good job!
esclavo
Minibot
Endurance: 10
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: 10+

Postby TinglingSensation » Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:45 pm

Crosscheck wrote:Glad I am not the only person that get's ticked when I see that moronic mistake. Anyone over the age of ten shouldn't get confused by it. You're/Your/Yore There/Their/They're To/Two/Too

Who is "get", and why has he ticked you?
TinglingSensation
Minibot

Postby Crosscheck » Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:08 pm

Weapon: Electro-burst Rifle
TinglingSensation wrote:
Crosscheck wrote:Glad I am not the only person that get's ticked when I see that moronic mistake. Anyone over the age of ten shouldn't get confused by it. You're/Your/Yore There/Their/They're To/Two/Too

Who is "get", and why has he ticked you?

:) It seems like I should be measured.
Crosscheck
Combiner
News Credits: 2
Courage: 7
Firepower: 6
Skill: 9

Postby MysteriousDewd » Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:11 am

Seems like the Mosaic writers love to do Punch/Counter Punch alot lately.
MysteriousDewd
Fuzor

Postby craggy » Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:25 pm

but why is naruto talking to batman?

What's worse, a writer not getting a script (or even finished page) spell-checked, or people missing the fairly obvious point about which character(s) is(are) in a story?
assembling a Neo-G1/TF:TM cast. Please PM if you have (or know of) the following at a reasonable price: Classics or Henkei Astrotrain, Sunstreaker, Sideswipe, or 3rd Party iGear Ratchet and Ironhide.
Also looking for Universe Repugnus and Overbite, Frostbite and Longhorn and any Webdiver toys.
craggy
Faction Commander
News Credits: 4

Postby MINDVVIPE » Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:40 pm

both... both are bad.

THE POWERS OF DARKNESS ARE A MORE POWERFUL WEAPON THAN ALL THE TOYS YOUR SCIENCE CAN MUSTER

Die, Autobots!
MINDVVIPE
Gestalt

Postby Jelze Bunnycat » Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:31 pm

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
Am I one of the few who actually understands this perfectly? Mind you, you'd have to understand Punch's psychology a bit. You see, as a Double Agent he created an alter ego, Counterpunch. But given his paranoid nature, that alter ego slowly develops into a unique, split personality. And it's that development Punch tries to fight, hence the dialogue between his two sides. An excerpt from the Marvel bio: "Everything that's restrained in Punch, finds savage release in Counterpunch", my favourite line in any bio.

And yes, the other bot is supposed to be Twin Twist, but strangely colored like a Decepticon Clone.
The resident Rewind... well, half of one :lol:

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3

Looking for:
- TR Furos (Hardhead's head) and Crashbash (lost him :()
- PotP Punch head
- TR Galvatron right arm (the gun one)
- CW Brake-Neck/UW Wildrider, CW Offroad
- TR Twinferno & Grotusque
- Greenlight, Lancer and PotP Elita-1 (plus repro Victorion hands and feet?)
Jelze Bunnycat
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 241
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Courage: 8
Skill: 5

Postby MINDVVIPE » Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:37 pm

JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:Am I one of the few who actually understands this perfectly? Mind you, you'd have to understand Punch's psychology a bit. You see, as a Double Agent he created an alter ego, Counterpunch. But given his paranoid nature, that alter ego slowly develops into a unique, split personality. And it's that development Punch tries to fight, hence the dialogue between his two sides. An excerpt from the Marvel bio: "Everything that's restrained in Punch, finds savage release in Counterpunch", my favourite line in any bio.

And yes, the other bot is supposed to be Twin Twist, but strangely colored like a Decepticon Clone.

Uhh...yea..the other Transformer was the confusing part, not Punch/Counterpunch's split personality... So no, your not the only one, and i'm pretty sure most people got that part, except for who the other Transformer was.

Die, Autobots!
MINDVVIPE
Gestalt

Postby zenosaurus_x » Tue Oct 26, 2010 5:30 pm

Weapon: Electron-Scimitars
Another Punch/CounterPunch one, awesome!
I like the whole CounterPunch developing as a personality, it's pretty cool...
I think it'd be interesting to jump around continuities with each Punch story, like one in Animated, one in the movie etc(oh wait, those are the main ones with visual differences...) but still with the same background and story of Punch.
zenosaurus_x
Headmaster
Strength: 10+
Speed: 4
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10

Postby craggy » Tue Oct 26, 2010 6:13 pm

JelZe, that's pretty much what I got. I didn't realise the Jumpstarter was coloured wrong, but realised it was one or other of them. Hadn't even thought of the Decepticon Clones, which is strange, cause of the whole "real nearby" legend. Hmm. This confused a lot of people and yet my brain was working well with it...I bet I've totally mailed my wallet somewhere and am going to try and pay for food with an envelope tomorrow or something.
assembling a Neo-G1/TF:TM cast. Please PM if you have (or know of) the following at a reasonable price: Classics or Henkei Astrotrain, Sunstreaker, Sideswipe, or 3rd Party iGear Ratchet and Ironhide.
Also looking for Universe Repugnus and Overbite, Frostbite and Longhorn and any Webdiver toys.
craggy
Faction Commander
News Credits: 4

Postby MINDVVIPE » Tue Oct 26, 2010 6:44 pm

Yea, the flow of dialogue boxes didn't really bother me, (good job being eratic yet allowing the eye to catch the right next box) guess i'm used to comics and the right direction of the flow. Yea I figured it was a Decepticon clone coz of the shoulders, the old G1 clones had those obvious areas on the chest where you knew they folded in (but not on wingspan).

Die, Autobots!
MINDVVIPE
Gestalt

Return to Transformers Cartoons and Comics Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #39 Marvel Comics 1988 (W) Budiansky (A/CA) Delbo 231222V"
NEW!
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #2 2nd ptg Cvr C Cliffjumper Image Comics 2023 1123IM825 (CA)Howard"
TRANSFORMERS #2 2n ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers MORE THAN MEETS THE EYE #45 RE IDW Comics 2015 210411A (CA) Coller"
Transformers MORE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #10 Marvel Comics 1985 (CA) Baker (W) Budiansky 210422C"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MAZINGER Z vs TRANSFORMERS TPB Comic Book Villagebooks Japan Manga NEW 231208G"
MAZINGER Z vs TRAN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers WINDBLADE #1 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2014 FEB140339 (CA) Ramondelli"
Transformers WINDB ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers LAST BOT STANDING #3 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2022 MAY221569 3RI (CA) Su"
Transformers LAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #25 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2020 SEP200485 25RI 210804 (CA) Ossio"
TRANSFORMERS #25 R ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers MICROMASTERS #1 Cvr B Dreamwave Comics DW 2004 1B (A/CA) Ruffolo"
Transformers MICRO ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS GALAXIES #1 RI-A 1:10 IDW Comics 2019 1RIA (CA) Caltsoudas 211118B"
TRANSFORMERS GALAX ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers LAST BOT STANDING #4 Cvr C IDW Comics 2022 JUN221675 4C (CA) Stone"
Transformers LAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #26 Cvr B IDW Comics 2021 OCT200416 26B (CA) Monfort (W) Ruckley"
TRANSFORMERS #26 C ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers Best of BUMBLEBEE #1 IDW Comics 2022 JUL221658 (CA) Biggie"
Transformers Best ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS vs GI JOE #1 Cvr Sub IDW Comics 2014 1SUB (CA) Stokoe 230124"
TRANSFORMERS vs GI ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Roadtrap" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Power of the Primes Punch-Counterpunch and Prima Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee Movie Toys, Energon Igniters Nitro Bumblebee Action Figure - Included Core Powers Driving Action - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 7-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Repugnus, Dastard, and Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Decepticon Quake and Chasm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Deception Off Road Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Legends Class Insecticon Bombshell Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Micronus Prime Master" on AMAZON