This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Scanned Images of Figure King Issue 153

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Scanned Images of Figure King Issue 153

Postby Mach » Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:35 am

Motto: ""I am a Prime. I do not take orders from you!""
Masabon has provided the scanned images of the latest issue of Japanese toy magazine Figure King number 153.
This issue features MP-09 Rodimus Convoy, upcoming Autobots Alliance products, MPM-1 Movie Starscream, Predaking, and latest wave of Takara Transformers Animated products.

Seibertron, Ultimate Transformers Resource!
Mach
Gestalt
News Credits: 905
Strength: ???
Intelligence: ???
Speed: ???
Endurance: ???
Courage: ???
Firepower: ???
Skill: ???

Re: Scanned Images of Figure King Issue 153

Postby Amelie » Mon Oct 25, 2010 2:26 am

Motto: "I-I'm sorry.. I-I'll be going now.."
Weapon: No Weapon
I don't think anyone's mentioned this yet - why isn't Rodimus in the movie Pinks and Oranges?

I hope the Hasbro one is.
Burn wrote:Let it be known, I murdered Amelie.
Accidentally.

Back from the dead, like some curious zombie amalgam...
Amelie
Godmaster
News Credits: 33
Alt Mode: Unicrons Transformation Cog
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 6
Endurance: 4
Courage: 5
Firepower: 1
Skill: 10

Postby Chaoslock » Mon Oct 25, 2010 3:31 am

Weapon: Reciprocating Laser Cannon
Rodimus can't even move his pointing finger individually? That s*cks...

Now he won't be able to do the "It's the end of the road, Galvatron!" scene...
GENERATION 1: THE EPIC ORIGINS! -Hasbro

"Autobots, Buster Witwicky killed Primus. Kill on sight!" - broadcast from Urban Dead

Psychout wrote:Never, ever take the internet seriously, especially not when its on a website dedicated to giant cartoon robots from outer space.
Chaoslock
Faction Commander
News Credits: 7
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 9
Firepower: 7
Skill: 7

Postby chrisc4 » Mon Oct 25, 2010 4:44 am

Motto: "Never let fear overcome you."
Weapon: Old-Style Musket Laser
Chaoslock wrote:Rodimus can't even move his pointing finger individually? That s*cks...

Now he won't be able to do the "It's the end of the road, Galvatron!" scene...

that is exactly why i want him! oh well he still looks sweet
chrisc4
Fuzor
News Credits: 1
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 10
Endurance: 10
Courage: 9
Firepower: 3
Skill: ???

Postby DevastaTTor » Mon Oct 25, 2010 4:51 am

Now that we've seen a lot of new/clearer pictures of MP Rodimus, IMO it's Fansproject that wins the day in the Rodimus throwdown. The MP is almost too similar to the original, which was good in the case of Grimlock, but not so much here.
Check out my BST Sales Thread HERE!

Equal Opportunity Transforming Robot Collector
DevastaTTor
Gestalt
News Credits: 198

Postby NuclearConvoy » Mon Oct 25, 2010 6:05 am

God, that is sexy. I always liked the MP line, but it was never until Grimlock and now Roddy here that I am clamoring to own them... and being in Quebec means I haven't seen an MP Grimlock at all... which makes me very, very, very sad...
NuclearConvoy
Godmaster
News Credits: 8

Postby Court Jester » Mon Oct 25, 2010 6:36 am

~
Last edited by Court Jester on Sat Jun 25, 2011 1:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Court Jester

Postby feeiq90 » Mon Oct 25, 2010 7:30 am

Motto: "pew peww peeww~~"
Weapon: Destabilizer Electromagnetizer Gun
i dunno if its because the wheel is to small,
but hot rod's car mode front looks like donald ducks mouth.. ;)
feeiq90
Minibot
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 9
Endurance: 9
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 9
Skill: 10

Postby Jazz-1982 » Mon Oct 25, 2010 7:50 am

Amelie wrote:I don't think anyone's mentioned this yet - why isn't Rodimus in the movie Pinks and Oranges?

I'm with you on that one. Pink or not, I'd prefer to see him in movie accurate colours.
Hasbro usually does the Masterpieces in lighter colours than Takara Tomy so we may be in luck. :BOT:
Formerly known as the Tokyo-Matrix.
Jazz-1982
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 3

Postby GEEWUN » Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:05 am

Motto: ""I'm not Psychotic... just Crazy!!!""
Weapon: Double-Barreled, Armor-Piercing Particle Beam Cann...
Jazz-1982 wrote:
Amelie wrote:I don't think anyone's mentioned this yet - why isn't Rodimus in the movie Pinks and Oranges?

I'm with you on that one. Pink or not, I'd prefer to see him in movie accurate colours.
Hasbro usually does the Masterpieces in lighter colours than Takara Tomy so we may be in luck. :BOT:

HasTak has been pretending that Roddy was red/magenta in the first movie since 1986 :lol:
GEEWUN
Pretender
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Postby MGrotusque » Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:36 am

pre-order cancelled.

All be it a decent figure...i'm just not into it and don't really feel like spending the 200 plus $&H for him.
Have to let this one get away i guess.
MGrotusque
Gestalt
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 5
Endurance: 7
Courage: 8
Firepower: 9
Skill: 8

Postby RodimusConvoy13 » Mon Oct 25, 2010 4:03 pm

Motto: "Well, when I see five weirdos dressed in togas, stabbing a man in the middle of the park in full view of a hundred people, I shoot the bastards! That's MY policy!"
Weapon: Photon Blaster
Jazz-1982 wrote:

Really? I didn't realize that Skywarp was a lighter black than the Takara Skywarp. Grimlock was also the same color as Takara. The first release of MP Prime by Hasbro was also the same color as Takara MP Prime. The only one to be "lighter" was the second version of MP Prime. Starscream was a completely different paint scheme.

The so called "movie accurate pink" isn't really accurate at all. The Sony "color corrected" version made him pink. And only in the widescreen disc. He looks red on the fullscreen DVD.
"One of them even took the time to smear, “Fans are TeH SUCK!!!” in poop all over my windshield!"

Counterpunch
RodimusConvoy13
Gestalt
News Credits: 194
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Courage: 6

Postby Stormrider » Mon Oct 25, 2010 4:07 pm

Weapon: Atom-Smasher Cannon
The design flaws that have been pointed out are not big enough to deter me.
Stormrider
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 409

Postby euphoricallydead » Mon Oct 25, 2010 4:18 pm

Rodimus (Triple Changer) Prime. thoughts.

Here are some screen captures of G1 season 3. See how Rodimus/Hot Rod drive out forwards from the Rodimus Prime camper. And then the camper come up from behind over the car. Also, notice the rear wheels are attached to Rodimus' forearms.

I will say after reviewing some footage Hot Rod's alt-mode is really accurate including the "ugly" front hub caps. My only complain with Hot Rods alt-mode spoiler which should be connected on the sides like they are shown on the alt-mode of Rodimus Prime (possibly a mis-transformation).

The gap on the roof of the Rodimus Prime alt-mod should have been addressed. I can deal with the tire size difference. I really would like some back shots before the final yes/no on spending $200+.

euphoricallydead
Micromaster

Postby Marcdachamp » Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:01 am

Love that Rodimus. I just wish he came with his Targetmaster.
Marcdachamp
Transmetal Warrior
News Credits: 1

Postby GEEWUN » Tue Oct 26, 2010 5:29 pm

Motto: ""I'm not Psychotic... just Crazy!!!""
Weapon: Double-Barreled, Armor-Piercing Particle Beam Cann...
Masterpiece Rodimus only looks good from a frontal angle. From the side or behind it looks fat and sorta squaty...
GEEWUN
Pretender
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Postby Jazz-1982 » Tue Oct 26, 2010 6:56 pm

RodimusConvoy13 wrote:
Jazz-1982 wrote:

Really? I didn't realize that Skywarp was a lighter black than the Takara Skywarp. Grimlock was also the same color as Takara. The first release of MP Prime by Hasbro was also the same color as Takara MP Prime. The only one to be "lighter" was the second version of MP Prime. Starscream was a completely different paint scheme.

The so called "movie accurate pink" isn't really accurate at all. The Sony "color corrected" version made him pink. And only in the widescreen disc. He looks red on the fullscreen DVD.

Yes. Skywarp's PURPLE was lighter (and not as good) on Hasbro's version. Yes, Starscream's paint job was different - it was lighter!! Dark green to light grey! And of course Prime was that kind of weak orange red in the US. I would bet that if they ever release Thundercracker in the states that his paint job will be lighter too. :P
But Grimlock was the same.
Jazz-1982
Headmaster Jr

Postby NuclearConvoy » Tue Oct 26, 2010 6:59 pm

Man, I want Masterpiece Grimlock so bad... all this talk about him is killing me...
NuclearConvoy
Godmaster
News Credits: 8

Postby Jazz-1982 » Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:18 pm

He is truly awesome- you should totally get him.
I've got Optimus Prime, Megatron, Starscream and Grimlock Masterpieces and he was the one that I was truly happiest with when I opened him and Transformed him for the first time. And still is!
Jazz-1982
Headmaster Jr

Postby joevill » Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:31 am

Motto: "For Seibertron!"
Weapon: Sword
The more pictures I see of MP Rodimus Prime, the more I want it! I'm glad I preordered it.

Does anyone plan on getting the Hasbro MP "Hot Rod" version over this one?
joevill
Transmetal Warrior
News Credits: 11
Watch joevill on YouTube
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 5
Speed: 5
Endurance: 5
Courage: 5
Firepower: 5
Skill: 5

Postby RodimusConvoy13 » Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:32 am

Motto: "Well, when I see five weirdos dressed in togas, stabbing a man in the middle of the park in full view of a hundred people, I shoot the bastards! That's MY policy!"
joevill wrote:The more pictures I see of MP Rodimus Prime, the more I want it! I'm glad I preordered it.

Does anyone plan on getting the Hasbro MP "Hot Rod" version over this one?

I have 2 MP Rodimus Primes on preorder. I'll end up with at least 2 of the Hasbro versions as well. I want to Display him in all 4 modes :grin:
"One of them even took the time to smear, “Fans are TeH SUCK!!!” in poop all over my windshield!"

Counterpunch
RodimusConvoy13
Gestalt

Postby Jazz-1982 » Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:33 am

I've also pre-ordered the Takara Tomy one but am thinking of canceling as I have no interest in the trailer at all and a cheaper, possibly more colourfully painted version with a cool targetmaster sounds much better to me.
Jazz-1982
Headmaster Jr

Postby RodimusConvoy13 » Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:39 am

Jazz-1982 wrote:I've also pre-ordered the Takara Tomy one but am thinking of canceling as I have no interest in the trailer at all and a cheaper, possibly more colourfully painted version with a cool targetmaster sounds much better to me.

I guess I'm confused about people saying that the colors are bad on this one. I have both G1 Hot Rod and G1 Rodimus Prime on my desk at work. The colors are exactly the same as the MP figure. Hot Rod/Rodimus has always been Red and Orange with some spots of Yellow and gray thrown in.

Counterpunch
RodimusConvoy13
Gestalt

Postby Jazz-1982 » Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:41 am

I wouldn't say the colours are bad, I've always preferred him as he was in the movie with a kind of pink/red, grey lower legs and bright orange as opposed to his main red colour in the toys which is a little dull (in my opinion) so I guess I was hoping that Hasbro might paint him a little more brightly as they have done with some of the other Masterpieces in the past.
Jazz-1982
Headmaster Jr

Postby Jazz-1982 » Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:43 am

I also don't like the black lower legs on Takara's version as they really clash with the rest of him. Grey would look much better.
And maybe, just maybe Hasbro could make his flames a little cooler.
Jazz-1982
Headmaster Jr

Next

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BUMBLEBEE (Red) Transformers Super7 Keshi Surprise Autobot Series Decoy"
BUMBLEBEE (Red) Tr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "FALLEN STARSCREAM Transformers Super7 Ultimates 7" Dead action figure WV5 2024"
NEW!
FALLEN STARSCREAM ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BLASTER Transformers Super7 Reaction Retro Action Figure Series 3 2020 New"
BLASTER Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BLUDGEON Transformers Super7 Ultimates 7" action master figure WV2 2023 New"
BLUDGEON Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Funko Pop Movies Transformers Rise Beasts OPTIMUS PRIMAL Vinyl Figure 1376 2023"
Funko Pop Movies T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MEGATRON (Orange) Transformers Super7 Keshi Surprise Decepticon Series Decoys"
MEGATRON (Orange) ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OPTIMUS PRIMAL Transformers Beast Wars Super7 Reaction Retro Figure 2023 New"
NEW!
OPTIMUS PRIMAL Tra ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "HALLOWEEN OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Super7 ReAction Orange 2023 New"
HALLOWEEN OPTIMUS ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SOUNDWAVE Transformers Super7 Ultimates 7" action figure WV4 2024 New"
SOUNDWAVE Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MEGATRON Transformers Movie Super7 Reaction Series 1 Retro Figure 2020 New"
MEGATRON Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SHRAPNEL (Orange) Transformers Super7 Keshi Surprise Decepticon Series Decoys"
SHRAPNEL (Orange) ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "HYPER STEEL MEGATRON Transformers Beast Wars Super7 Reaction Retro Figure 2023"
HYPER STEEL MEGATR ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WRECK-GAR Transformers Super7 Reaction Retro Wave 6 2023 New"
WRECK-GAR Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SHRAPNEL (Blue) Transformers Super7 Keshi Surprise Decepticon Series Decoys"
SHRAPNEL (Blue) Tr ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Battleslash" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Titan Class Predaking" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Slug" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Outback" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Toys Megatron Cyberverse Ultimate Class Action Figure - Repeatable Fusion Mega Shot Action Attack Move - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 11.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Twin Twist and Flameout" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Class Onslaught Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class Shockwave Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee – Energon Igniters Power Plus Series Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class Buzzsaw Figure" on AMAZON