This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Trailer/TV spot for "Transformers: Prime" on IGN

Discuss anything about the Transformers cartoons and comics! You can discuss anything from G1 to Cybertron as well as the comics from Marvel, Dreamwave, IDW and more!

Trailer/TV spot for "Transformers: Prime" on IGN

Postby Megazarak » Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:25 am

Motto: "Your Spark will extinguish between my claws!"
Weapon: Cyber Tail Claw
IGN has posted a short trailer/TV spot for Transformers: Prime. It is meant to advertise for the 5-part series that is to air on November 29th. It includes some lines from Optimus which sound great by the way. The animation in this clip also looks pretty good and may be a bit closer to the final product than some of what we've seen. Check it out right here
Last edited by Megazarak on Fri Oct 29, 2010 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Megazarak
Vehicon
News Credits: 4
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 9
Courage: 10
Firepower: 3
Skill: 9

Re: Trailer/TV spot for "Transformers: Prime" on IGN

Postby Alex Jones » Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:45 am

It looks ok but I am not fan of the whole semi-Animated influence. I just can't stand these overweight bots like Bulkhead and Cliffjumper. Also is it just me or is the planet earth has a low human population? And the background looks bare and has lack of detail.
Alex Jones
Vehicon

Transformers: Prime Trailer Online!

Postby Nekoman » Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:49 am

Motto: "Think for yourself, and think hard."
Weapon: Star Saber Sword
Posted... Man I'm not feeling this at all. That CGI is too fugly :/
Nekoman
Gestalt
News Credits: 387
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: ???
Speed: 1
Endurance: 1
Courage: N/A
Firepower: 10
Skill: N/A

Postby im ruined » Fri Oct 29, 2010 12:14 pm

Motto: "Once again, our bodies SLUGGISH with GOAT MEAT"
Weapon: Concussion Pistol
Ok I actualy feel a lot better about this show now. It is sowing some potential. The lack of detail is probably due to a limited budget, considering it is a NEW show. Not to mention it takes hours to render a minute worth of computer animated objects. :CON: :APPLAUSE:[size=150][/size]
Image I DREW THIS
im ruined
Minibot
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 3
Endurance: 2
Courage: 8
Firepower: 9
Skill: 8

Postby sabrigami » Fri Oct 29, 2010 12:18 pm

Weapon: Semi-Automatic Rifle
Now that's more like it, a clip with some real meat in it. I'm not as worried about the animation as I was before. It seems to be okay (reminds me a lot of BW). All that remains to be seen is if the writing is good. That's what matters most (TFA is proof of that). Humans still look kinda lame though.
sabrigami
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 2
Strength: 4
Courage: 9
Firepower: 7

Postby Alex Jones » Fri Oct 29, 2010 12:38 pm

sabrigami wrote:Now that's more like it, a clip with some real meat in it. I'm not as worried about the animation as I was before. It seems to be okay (reminds me a lot of BW). All that remains to be seen is if the writing is good. That's what matters most (TFA is proof of that). Humans still look kinda lame though.

I thought TFA was badly written. It is not like the quality writing you get from the Marvel Production cartoons (X-Men, G.I. JOe, or Transformers).
Alex Jones
Vehicon

Postby ashe5k » Fri Oct 29, 2010 12:48 pm

Motto: "He who hesitates, is lost."
Ok, that's much better than the last clip. This looks like it has some polish to it.
ashe5k
Targetmaster
Strength: N/A
Intelligence: N/A
Speed: N/A
Endurance: N/A
Courage: N/A
Firepower: N/A
Skill: N/A

Postby MINDVVIPE » Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:01 pm

Motto: "One look from me and you've lost"
Weapon: Black Magic
Looks not bad. Can't really make any assumptions just yet anyway; gota see the actual episodes and decide. Other than that, audio sounds dece, Visuals are def cool, some people complaining about it being crappy, well.... cybertron... armada.... animated.. that was some pretty crappy bot design, all either rigid as hell, or like figures made outa silly putty. Sure primes mouth is kinda lame, but I'd take this over those other shows if the storytelling is good, and the action isn't daft.
One thing they definitely need to get back into these shows though, is showcasing awesome ways the bots transform while doing other things like firing, or jumping or somthing, as well as bringing back the G1 robotic sound distortion in all the bots' voices.

:CON:
THE POWERS OF DARKNESS ARE A MORE POWERFUL WEAPON THAN ALL THE TOYS YOUR SCIENCE CAN MUSTER

Die, Autobots!
MINDVVIPE
Gestalt
Strength: ???
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: ???
Courage: ???
Firepower: ???
Skill: ???

Postby gothsaurus » Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:05 pm

That reminds me... where's the box set for season three of animated. Before buying this thing, I need to finish buying the old one.
gothsaurus
Gestalt

Postby Sid Burn » Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:08 pm

Motto: "Feel the burn as I melt you down for scrap!"
Weapon: Fusion Reaction-Powered Blowtorch Blasters
Lousy_Autobot_Lover wrote:
I thought TFA was badly written. It is not like the quality writing you get from the Marvel Production cartoons (X-Men, G.I. JOe, or Transformers).

did you just say that the writing in the original Gijoe and Transformers was superior to TFA?

that is just silly, as much as I love the original 80s cartoons, the writing was a complete mixed bag, sometimes good, often times awful.

TFA and Beastwars are much better, I can understand your xmen example, that was a very well written show, but the original Gijoe series was unwatchable at times.
Sid Burn
Brainmaster
Strength: 10+
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 10+

Postby NuclearConvoy » Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:44 pm

I appreciate the asesthetics of this, actually. The best part though, to my estimation, is that Cliffjumper looks to be getting a lot of screen time (and seeing better renders of him makes me want a toy of him).
NuclearConvoy
Godmaster
News Credits: 8

Postby NuclearConvoy » Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:47 pm

Lousy_Autobot_Lover wrote:
sabrigami wrote:Now that's more like it, a clip with some real meat in it. I'm not as worried about the animation as I was before. It seems to be okay (reminds me a lot of BW). All that remains to be seen is if the writing is good. That's what matters most (TFA is proof of that). Humans still look kinda lame though.

Wait, you think the original G1 series had good writing?
NuclearConvoy
Godmaster
News Credits: 8

Postby MINDVVIPE » Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:51 pm

We should be so lucky to get X-men type writing, if that was the case, Transformers would be elevated to a whole new level of insanely awesome. But yea, the G1 writing was def all over the place like 2 cousins at a redneck banquet.

THE POWERS OF DARKNESS ARE A MORE POWERFUL WEAPON THAN ALL THE TOYS YOUR SCIENCE CAN MUSTER

Die, Autobots!
MINDVVIPE
Gestalt

Postby Bed Bugs » Fri Oct 29, 2010 2:05 pm

Motto: "The Bigger The Buffet, The Better!"
I'm confused, so Transformers Prime is only 5 episodes long TOTAL?

Or is the opening episode broken down into 5 parts?
Botcon: The Legacy Collection
Bed Bugs
Gestalt
News Credits: 349
Alt Mode: A Bed Bug

Postby griftimus prime » Fri Oct 29, 2010 2:05 pm

Motto: "you will have no freedom. whether you are sentient or not."
Weapon: 16 Cannons
terrible. its amazing how well beast wars still holds up.
griftimus prime
Brainmaster

Postby Galvatron X » Fri Oct 29, 2010 2:05 pm

Motto: "Such heroic nonsense..."
Weapon: Gatling Cannon
Looks pretty cool!

I don't really like all those goofy-ass faces (especially Prime's), but I'm sure I'll get used to it.

...and they're using the G1 "transforming sound"! That's a huge plus in my book.
Galvatron X
Gestalt Team Leader
News Credits: 1
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Firepower: 4
Skill: 10

Postby sabrigami » Fri Oct 29, 2010 2:10 pm

Weapon: Semi-Automatic Rifle
Energon Is My Drug wrote:Looks pretty cool!

I don't really like all those goofy-ass faces (especially Prime's), but I'm sure I'll get used to it.

...and they're using the G1 "transforming sound"! That's a huge plus in my book.

I kinda agree there. The transforming sound is pretty neat. But something about the actual animation of the transformation looks a little weird. Maybe that's just me though...
sabrigami
Headmaster Jr
Strength: 4
Courage: 9
Firepower: 7

Postby SlyTF1 » Fri Oct 29, 2010 2:15 pm

Motto: "If my first sacrifice wasn't enough, maybe you would prefer to pay with your funky blood."
Weapon: Sword
IT LOOKS SO STUPID! And I'd be the last one to ever say that somthing Transformers looks stupid. It looks like one of those horrible ass CG shows that I hate. Like that new Ironman. It's just...no, you just don't do it! You had better have some big ass explosions, and those kids NEED to die early on in the show! If they don't, I'll jump through the damn screen and blow their heads off myself!
I Am.
SlyTF1
Faction Commander
News Credits: 37
Watch SlyTF1 on YouTube
Alt Mode: The entire universe
Intelligence: Infinity
Firepower: Infinity

Postby MINDVVIPE » Fri Oct 29, 2010 2:16 pm

sabrigami wrote:
Energon Is My Drug wrote:Looks pretty cool!

I kinda agree there. The transforming sound is pretty neat. But something about the actual animation of the transformation looks a little weird. Maybe that's just me though...

It's not just you. The transforming seems bland and a little too quick...

Die, Autobots!
MINDVVIPE
Gestalt

Postby Mindmaster » Fri Oct 29, 2010 2:16 pm

Motto: "For I have dipped my hands in muddied waters, and, withdrawing them, find 'tis better to be a commander than a common man!"
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
You know, after seeing this trailer, Prime's mouth doesn't look that bad. I guess the quality of the previous video was not that good. I liked how Starscream smirked a bit. Would've been nice to have Chris Latta as his voice. And I would've LOVED to see Megatron speaking as well. :BOOM: :BOOM: :BOOM: :lol:
They call me “Tanker Chungus”!

Va'al wrote:I keep track of everyone. Backwards.
There are atandarfs to maintain.

LOST Cybertronian wrote:Hey, If Mindmaster survived then you should do just fine.
Mindmaster
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 251
Watch Mindmaster on YouTube
Alt Mode: Cybertronian Jet
Strength: 8
Endurance: 7
Firepower: 6
Skill: 9

Postby MINDVVIPE » Fri Oct 29, 2010 2:16 pm

SlyTF1 wrote:IT LOOKS SO STUPID! And I'd be the last one to ever say that somthing Transformers looks stupid. It looks like one of those horrible ass CG shows that I hate. Like that new Ironman. It's just...no, you just don't do it! You had better have some big ass explosions, and those kids NEED to die early on in the show! If they don't, I'll jump through the damn screen and blow their heads off myself!

HAHahaha... dude, do it. They always gota stick kids in it, so frustrating. What about a soldier who actually has connections to special military weapons, opening the Transformers to different technology.
Man that Ironman theme song couldn't sound any gayer.

Die, Autobots!
MINDVVIPE
Gestalt

Postby Sky-Quake » Fri Oct 29, 2010 3:41 pm

Motto: "I'll rip out your optics"
Weapon: Plasma Cannon
MINDVVIPE wrote:
SlyTF1 wrote:IT LOOKS SO STUPID! And I'd be the last one to ever say that somthing Transformers looks stupid. It looks like one of those horrible ass CG shows that I hate. Like that new Ironman. It's just...no, you just don't do it! You had better have some big ass explosions, and those kids NEED to die early on in the show! If they don't, I'll jump through the damn screen and blow their heads off myself!

HAHahaha... dude, do it. They always gota stick kids in it, so frustrating. What about a soldier who actually has connections to special military weapons, opening the Transformers to different technology.

couldn't agree more mate I haven't even heard the kids talk and all ready I want them dead :KREMZEEK:
I am in need of another missle for my energon Starscram and a wing for my Armada Terrorsaur the one with his name on it if anyone has spares of these items that they don't need please PM me
Sky-Quake
Fuzor
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 5

Postby SlyTF1 » Fri Oct 29, 2010 3:52 pm

Motto: "If my first sacrifice wasn't enough, maybe you would prefer to pay with your funky blood."
Weapon: Sword
MINDVVIPE wrote:

That's exactly what I wanted for a TF cartoon. Soldiers who had connections to the military and the government. Why in the name of ass, of all people would giant transforming robots, whose whole history is war itself, choose to hang out with a bunch of kids? I can understand them with Sari in TFA because she wasn't fully human, but every other kid can just suck my ass.
I Am.
SlyTF1
Faction Commander
News Credits: 37
Watch SlyTF1 on YouTube
Alt Mode: The entire universe
Firepower: Infinity

Postby Sky-Quake » Fri Oct 29, 2010 4:58 pm

Motto: "I'll rip out your optics"
Weapon: Plasma Cannon
hopefully down the road we'll see one where they join up with some human soldiers instead of a bunch of children
I am in need of another missle for my energon Starscram and a wing for my Armada Terrorsaur the one with his name on it if anyone has spares of these items that they don't need please PM me
Sky-Quake
Fuzor
Intelligence: 10

Postby MGrotusque » Fri Oct 29, 2010 5:10 pm

I'm depressed now. I hate crappy half hour CGI. This looks like ass. Guess i'll have to wait and watch it before i totally condemn it but i'm pretty ambivalent about it to say the least.
MGrotusque
Gestalt
Endurance: 7

Next

Return to Transformers Cartoons and Comics Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT Last Ronin LOST YEARS #2 RI 1:50 IDW Comics DEC221450 2RI 2E (CA) Del Mundo"
TMNT Last Ronin LO ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr ZB 1:200 VIRGIN Dynamite Comics DEC230221 1ZB Parrillo 240206"
THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT ARMAGEDDON GAME #3 RI 1:10 IDW Comics SEP221734 3RI (CA) Qualano 230103A"
TMNT ARMAGEDDON GA ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT Saturday Morning Adv #4 Cvr B IDW Comics 2023 JUN231477 4B (CA) Schoening"
TMNT Saturday Morn ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MMPR TMNT II #1 Cvr B Boom Studios Comics 2022 OCT220270 1B (CA) Mora"
MMPR TMNT II #1 Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT #130 Cvr A IDW Comics 2022 APR221587 130A Mutant Ninja Turtles (CA) Yurcaba"
TMNT #130 Cvr A ID ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MMPR TMNT II #3 Cvr C Boom Studios Comics 2023 DEC220385 3C (CA) Sanches"
MMPR TMNT II #3 Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT #112 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2020 Ninja Turtles OCT200462 112RI 231010C"
TMNT #112 RI 1:10 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT Saturday Morning Adv ENDLESS SUMMER Cvr D 1:25 IDW Comics JUN231430 Flores"
TMNT Saturday Morn ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr E Dynamite Comics 2024 DEC230208 1E (CA) Tao (W) Shalvey"
THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr P Dynamite Comics 2024 DEC230219 1P (W) Shalvey (A/CA) Moss"
THUNDERCATS #1 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT #147 Cvr E 1:50 RI IDW Comics 2024 OCT231358 147E Turtles Ongoing Eastman"
TMNT #147 Cvr E 1: ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERCATS #2 Cvr V 1:50 foil virgin Dynamite Comics 2024 JAN240126 2V Nakayama"
NEW!
THUNDERCATS #2 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT + USAGI YOJIMBO WHEREWHEN #3 Cvr B IDW Comics MAR231664 3B (CA) Eastman"
TMNT + USAGI YOJIM ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 09 Voyager Class Movie 2 Thundercracker" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Elita-1" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Windblade and Scorchfire" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Misfire and Aimless" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee Movie Toys, Power Charge Bumblebee Action Figure - Spinning Core, Lights and Sounds - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 10.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Unicronus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Sinnertwin" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Potato Head Transformers Mixable Mashable Heroes as Optimus Prime and Grimlock Figures" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Sergeant Kup and Flintlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Legends Class Autobot Stripes" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Sunstreaker Figure" on AMAZON