This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Actual "Barricade" Saleen Mustang Available on eBay; Early Christmas Present?

Discuss anything and everything related to the Transformers Live Action Films franchise, which are directed by Michael Bay. Join us to discuss the movies and stuff up to date with news for the 2017 release of Transformers 5. Check out our Live Action Film section here.

Actual "Barricade" Saleen Mustang Available on eBay; Early Christmas Present?

Postby aKamarov » Sat Oct 30, 2010 3:49 am

There is an auction up on ebay motors on a Saleen Mustang that was used in TF1,

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... 642wt_1166

and there's some hope that Barricade may return,
With this vehicle being reintroduced in the 3rd Transformers film, its value is sure to go through the roof.

What do you all think? I dont remember any Saleen Mustangs on the sets.

aKamarov
Mini-Con
News Credits: 1

Re: Barricade returning in TF3?

Postby Prime Riblet » Sat Oct 30, 2010 5:35 am

Motto: "Mottos! We need no stinking mottos!"
Weapon: Double-Barreled, Armor-Piercing Particle Beam Cann...
Barricade will almost certainly not be in the 3rd movie. The description stating that he will be is just BS from the seller trying to get as much as he can from the item. Long story short, Barricade will not be in the movie and the ebay description is false.
Prime Riblet
Gestalt
Strength: ???
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 4
Endurance: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 9
Skill: 7

Postby Rodimus Prime » Sat Oct 30, 2010 7:17 am

Motto: "Individual freedom above all else."
Prime Riblet wrote: Long story short, Barricade will not be in the movie and the ebay description is false.

What he said.

If that had any truth to it, this site would have known way before some guy trying to flip the car just because he thinks he can make a few (thousand) bucks on TF3.
........Image
Rodimus Prime
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 22

Postby OptiMagnus » Sat Oct 30, 2010 1:14 pm

Motto: ""Close your mouth and open your mind.""
Weapon: Gatling Cannon
There will be no Barricade unless he ends up being an all cgi Cybertronian style bot, like Megatron, Soundwave, and Ravage.
Please note: If you think I may be joking, I probably am.
OptiMagnus
Gestalt
Watch OptiMagnus on YouTube
Alt Mode: Stock Car
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 4
Courage: 3
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 6

Postby I_AM_MEGATRON » Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:18 am

Didn't Optimus kill him anyway?
Last edited by I_AM_MEGATRON on Tue Nov 02, 2010 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I_AM_MEGATRON
Mini-Con

Postby Sky-Quake » Mon Nov 01, 2010 4:53 pm

Motto: "I'll rip out your optics"
Weapon: Plasma Cannon
I miss Barricade
I am in need of another missle for my energon Starscram and a wing for my Armada Terrorsaur the one with his name on it if anyone has spares of these items that they don't need please PM me
Sky-Quake
Fuzor
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 5
Endurance: 6
Courage: 10+
Skill: 10+

Postby Kingpun » Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:45 pm

I_AM_MEGATRON wrote:Didn't Optimus kill him anyway?

In the comic adaptation version. I believe Ironhide killed him also. The Veiled Threat ignores both and Barricade is currently at large.
Kingpun
Micromaster

Postby Seibertron » Sat Nov 06, 2010 2:30 pm

Motto: "'Til All Are One!"
Weapon: Twin Shock-Concussion Missiles
Devastattor wrote:Did you recently have a big payday and are ready to start your holiday shopping for the big Transformers fan in your family? Why not get them their very own BARRICADE from the first Transformers live action film? One of three Police car Saleen Mustangs that represented Barricade in alternate mode is currently up for auction on eBay and is available for bid through tomorrow. The auction description for the car reads:

Motoexotica wrote:Motoexotica is proud to offer one of only 3 custom Saleen Mustangs built by Steve Saleen for their role as 'Barricade' in the 2007 movie blockbuster "Transformers". Steve Saleen created only 3 'Barricades' for the film and this was the #2 car, also known as the camera car. It was heavily screen used in the movie due to its attention to detail and no damage. The car features all of the standard Saleen options including 3V Saleen modified engine, mated with a 5spd transmission, full Saleen body kit, Saleen hood, Saleen sail panels, Saleen rear wing, Saleen 20" wheels, Saleen leather interior, Saleen gauges, Saleen shifter, Saleen badging, Saleen suspension, Saleen exhaust, Saleen carbon fiber front chin, and Saleen carbon fiber rear diffuser.

For the film the FX department added a Police front pushbar, state of the art Police low-profile LED lightbar, front and rear strobe lights, camera mounts, Wilwood stunt brake line-lock, tinted windows, police decals, "to punish and enslave" decals, Transformers Decepticon decals, and Michael Bay's lucky number 643. All of the lights and strobes work with no problems and are operated by a control box on the right side of the center console.

The paint on the car is nearly perfect with no major imperfections. The car has been well taken care of throughout the movie as well as after. Decals are all in good condition and not peeling off. The tires all have good tread life left on them and the wheels are free of any scuffs or curb rash.

Inside, the car retains its original interior and has not been gutted like many of these movie cars. Both seats are in great condition with no wear as well as the carpet, dash, headliner and door panels. The most major modification to the car was taking off of the supercharger. Since this was a camera car that had microphones installed, the supercharger whine would have been picked up by the microphones. Due to this, the car does not have a supercharger installed currently and does not come with one.

With this vehicle being reintroduced in the 3rd Transformers film, its value is sure to go through the roof. An interesting bit of trivia is that these cars were built by Steve Saleen as the prototypes for the S281 Extreme. We have seen a lot of these movie cars and can honestly say that this is the cleanest movie car we have ever seen. It was purpose made for the movie and only has 7,200 original miles. The car is 100% street legal and is being sold on a clean, Missouri title with VIN number 1ZVFT82H755115527.

While there's little doubt that this was one of the cars in the first movie, the rumored appearance of Barricade in TF3 described in the auction details is highly suspect and very doubtful.

To view the eBay auction and place your bids, click HERE.

Seibertron
Site Owner
News Credits: 3554
Watch Seibertron on YouTube
Buy from Seibertron on eBay
Alt Mode: Supersonic Cybertronian Jet
Speed: 7
Endurance: 9
Firepower: 5

Re: Actual "Barricade" Saleen Mustang Available on eBay; Early Christmas Present?

Postby MightyMagnus78 » Sat Nov 06, 2010 3:11 pm

Motto: ""Consistency is victory.""
Weapon: Shoulder Mounted Rocket Launcher
Barricade still looks cool though!
MightyMagnus78
Godmaster
News Credits: 1
Alt Mode: Truck
Strength: 9
Speed: 6
Courage: 9
Firepower: 6
Skill: 8

Postby dumbprime » Sat Nov 06, 2010 3:25 pm

Motto: "freedom is the right of............Huh! what was i saying?"
Rodimus Prime wrote:
Prime Riblet wrote: Long story short, Barricade will not be in the movie and the ebay description is false.

What he said.

If that had any truth to it, this site would have known way before some guy trying to flip the car just because he thinks he can make a few (thousand) bucks on TF3.

Not to totally defend the sellers comments about the car but, The seller has a note added on 11-1-10 all the way at the bottom of the auction about the odometer error and that barricade will not be in T3.

"On Nov-01-10 at 10:59:09 PDT, seller added the following information:

PLEASE NOTE: The odometer discrepancy that shows was due to an inspection error. The mileage read 1,465.0 at time of inspection. When the vehicle was inspected, the inspector added the 5th digit by mistake. There is NO discrepancy with the odometer and the mileage is correct for the vehicle.

Also, this vehicle has been written out of the third Transformers film. As of right now Barricade will NOT be in Transformers 3.

Thank you all for looking!!"
dumbprime
Minibot
Strength: N/A
Intelligence: N/A
Speed: N/A
Endurance: N/A
Courage: N/A
Firepower: N/A
Skill: N/A

Re: Actual "Barricade" Saleen Mustang Available on eBay; Early Christmas Present?

Postby Noideaforaname » Sat Nov 06, 2010 7:48 pm

Anyone else find it ironic how Barricade ended up on eBay?

While he won't be in TF3 (in car-mode, at least), it'd be interesting to see if the buyer makes fan-movies of him.
"He may end up destroying a nearby planet or two, but such is life."
My Art Website -- Redbubble Shop
Noideaforaname
City Commander
News Credits: 7

Postby Sideslap » Sat Nov 06, 2010 8:02 pm

Motto: "Let's all be slap happy!"
Weapon: Seven-Year Sword
I'd sell both my kidneys, most of my blood, one of my lungs and whore myself out to a thousand fat chicks XD just so I could drive around "punishing" and "enslaving" all those stupid drivers on the roads. Plus it's be pretty bad ass in my driveway.
Sideslap
Mini-Con
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 10
Endurance: 10
Firepower: 4

Postby OptiMagnus » Sat Nov 06, 2010 8:28 pm

Motto: ""Close your mouth and open your mind.""
Weapon: Gatling Cannon
What a beautiful automobile. Maybe if I become extremely rich I can find an owner of one of these and give a good offer. :lol:
Please note: If you think I may be joking, I probably am.
OptiMagnus
Gestalt
Watch OptiMagnus on YouTube
Alt Mode: Stock Car
Speed: 8
Endurance: 4
Courage: 3

Postby Liftgate » Sat Nov 06, 2010 8:34 pm

Motto: ""I can fix anything.""
Weapon: Semi-Automatic Glue Gun
I can't believe someone is actually going to pay $65,000+ for this. For that kinda money you could have pay to have a 1000hp+ custom car built from the ground up, any car, any motor, any way you want it. Stupidity is amazing.

I like how someone ask a question regarding Carfax, that's hilarious. Dude, if you're worrying about carfax, you shouldn't be driving a car like this! :D

And Sideslap, relax man, it dosn't take all that to have a fast ride. All it takes is a job, a car, some parts and some time. A car like this Mustang might get you some oohs and ahhs from people who don't know anything about cars, but it won't get you true respect from car guys. You gotta have your own car, something you put together yourself to get that. That being said, it would be fun to take Barricade for a spin. Or two. Or three. Ok, I'd roast the tires right off it, and I'd love to see the look cops gave me as I drove by in it, that'd be priceless. :)
Liftgate
Fuzor
Strength: 7
Intelligence: N/A
Endurance: 9
Courage: 10
Firepower: 3

Postby GetterDragun » Sat Nov 06, 2010 9:41 pm

Liftgate wrote:I can't believe someone is actually going to pay $65,000+ for this. For that kinda money you could have pay to have a 1000hp+ custom car built from the ground up, any car, any motor, any way you want it. Stupidity is amazing.

How is $65,000 for this stupid? This year S302 Saleen Mustang was like $80,000 new. Seems like a deal since A.) Special edition Mustangs do end up being collectables and B.) Movie props also end up being collectables and are thus worth more.

And saying you can build any car into a 1000hp+ custom car from the ground up for $65,000 is extremely innacurate.

Check out my collection thread!
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=38984
Toyota FT-86 Discussion
GetterDragun
City Commander
News Credits: 150

Postby Rated X » Sat Nov 06, 2010 9:45 pm

Motto: ""Assumption is the mother of all screw ups.""
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
So many people debating about if Barricade will be in TF3. Did anybody mention the car is BAD ASS ???

$65,000 is actually a fair price considering the car was in a major motion picture and has a custom paint job that is exclusive to the movie. It's not like the Bumblebee Camaro that got a special "Transformers Edition" that you can order for a couple grand more. But for that price I would rather have an Escalade on 26's, ya digg ???
Rated X
Banned
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 2
Endurance: 10

Postby Prime Riblet » Sat Nov 06, 2010 10:07 pm

I don't think this will meet the reserve. The seller is going to want more for it than he will possibly get. I am actually surprised that the bidding is up to $65G. Maybe Planet Hollywood is trying to buy it...

I pulled up the Motoexotica's website, and they have some interesting cars. They have a nice Batmobile Replica!
Prime Riblet
Gestalt

Postby Prime Riblet » Sat Nov 06, 2010 11:02 pm

GetterDragun wrote:
Liftgate wrote:I can't believe someone is actually going to pay $65,000+ for this. For that kinda money you could have pay to have a 1000hp+ custom car built from the ground up, any car, any motor, any way you want it. Stupidity is amazing.

How is $65,000 for this stupid? This year S302 Saleen Mustang was like $80,000 new. Seems like a deal since A.) Special edition Mustangs do end up being collectables and B.) Movie props also end up being collectables and are thus worth more.

And saying you can build any car into a 1000hp+ custom car from the ground up for $65,000 is extremely innacurate.

This car started life as a Supercharged S281, later known as the S281 Extreme. Base price before any upgrades would be around $45-47G. It should be rated at around 500 bhp (SAE net).

I do agree though, that it is pretty well impossible to custom build a 1000bhp from the ground up for $65,000. That is simply not going to happen.
Prime Riblet
Gestalt

Postby Sorrow Six Star » Sat Nov 06, 2010 11:17 pm

Motto: "Turbo and all wheel Drive should be requirements, not specifications. Aerodynamics trumps displacement."
Weapon: Dual-Sonic Disrupter Gun
it's amazing what being in a movie does for a car's value.
this particular car, I would pay 65k for easily, if I could afford it without letting things go.
it's **** barricade forcryingoutloud.
I saw that new show on sy fy the other day about movie prop auctions... you would be amazed. 80k for a gun prop from "lost in space" from the 60s.

as for 1000 hp.... not many engines are even capable of that no matter how you build them... toyota supra springs to mind though.
Sorrow Six Star
Micromaster
Speed: 10
Endurance: 7
Courage: 7
Firepower: Infinity

Postby Flashwave » Sun Nov 07, 2010 12:07 am

Motto: "Our society's downfall will not be this war. The war IS our society. That which will get us will be the little things. Some humanoid race, some tossed cannon, the little things that no one looks out for. THAT is for what we must be vigilant."
Weapon: Twin Shoulder-Mounted Rocket Launchers
Sorrow Six Star wrote:it's amazing what being in a movie does for a car's value.
this particular car, I would pay 65k for easily, if I could afford it without letting things go.
it's **** barricade forcryingoutloud.
I saw that new show on sy fy the other day about movie prop auctions... you would be amazed. 80k for a gun prop from "lost in space" from the 60s.

as for 1000 hp.... not many engines are even capable of that no matter how you build them... toyota supra springs to mind though.

EMD 710. :P (Because I fervently belive we need more trainbots in this world)

I too was worried about the reserve. We'll see what happns to it in the next 19 hours. But I'm inclined to believe it won't hit the reserve. Still, nicew to know that Barri is "out there" and there's someone eilling to part with him for the right(ously insane) price.
Flashwave
City Commander
News Credits: 8
Strength: 7
Speed: 9
Endurance: 6
Courage: 9
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby Sorrow Six Star » Sun Nov 07, 2010 1:09 am

Motto: "Turbo and all wheel Drive should be requirements, not specifications. Aerodynamics trumps displacement."
lol. we were talking about automotive engines... but I bet that engine costs over 65k.
Sorrow Six Star
Micromaster

Postby Carnivius_Prime » Sun Nov 07, 2010 2:33 am

Motto: "A cunning smile is more devastating than the fiercest weapon."
Weapon: Anti-Thermal Cannon
I'd love it but no way I could afford it... also I can't drive
I have anxiety, depression and aspergers syndrome so my behaviour can be erratic. I don't mean offense to anyone. Just very picky about my Transformers collecting. You're all cool! :)

Likes: Bayverse, Marvel UK G1, Geoff Senior art, '86 movie (more for style/soundtrack rather than Star Wars plot)
Dislikes: Bumblebee movie (lousy rehashed dumb crud), TFA, G1 cartoon, IDW G1, BW/BM, MP. The entire concept of Autobot Megatron
Carnivius_Prime
City Commander
News Credits: 19

Postby Ravage XK » Sun Nov 07, 2010 6:56 am

Motto: "Are those my feet?"
Weapon: 20 Megavolt Stun Rifle
The description says its street legal, is that right? I remember some poor guy converted his own car to look like Barricade for his son and he was having trouble with the law, how can this be any different?

TF COUNT: Lost count!
Latest Additions: Haslab Unicron, Siege Jetifre, SS Blitzwing
Ravage XK
Gestalt
News Credits: 15
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 4
Speed: 9

Postby DevastaTTor » Sun Nov 07, 2010 7:32 am

Ravage XK wrote:The description says its street legal, is that right? I remember some poor guy converted his own car to look like Barricade for his son and he was having trouble with the law, how can this be any different?

Most US States have "blue light" laws, keeping you from having light on your car that could be mistaken for law enforcement. This would definitely fall into that category. Plus, I suspect you'd get in trouble for impersonating an office.

Very cool though and would make a great display piece in a killer home theater/man pit and would also be a big hit on the car show circuit.
Check out my BST Sales Thread HERE!

Equal Opportunity Transforming Robot Collector
DevastaTTor
Gestalt
News Credits: 198

Postby Sorrow Six Star » Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:35 am

Carnivius_Prime wrote:I'd love it but no way I could afford it... also I can't drive

oh no? you should learn. driving can be so wonderful!
Sorrow Six Star
Micromaster

Next

Return to Transformers Live Action Film Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #2 Cvr B Image Comics 2023 APR238109 2B (CA) Robles (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #2 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers Wreckers TREAD & CIRCUITS #2 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2021 SEP210492 2RI"
Transformers Wreck ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #1 Cvr D Image Comics 2023 0823IM289 1D (CA) Ottley"
TRANSFORMERS #1 Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #3 Cvr C 1:10 Image Comics 2023 1023IM387 3C (CA) Arocena"
TRANSFORMERS #3 Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS #11 Cvr A IDW Comics 2021 OCT210409 11A (CA) VenBlu"
TRANSFORMERS BEAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #22 Marvel Comics 1986 (CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 230926R"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DUKE #2 Cvr B Image Comics 2024 2B GI JOE 1123IM273 (CA) Ortiz (W) WIlliamson"
DUKE #2 Cvr B Imag ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS THE MOVIE #1 Marvel Comics 1986 (A/CA) Perlin (W) Macchio 230915P"
TRANSFORMERS THE M ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS #7 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2021 JUN210502 7RI (CA) Guidry"
TRANSFORMERS BEAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers ROBOTS IN DISGUISE #45 RE Acme IDW Comics 2015 (CA) Coller"
Transformers ROBOT ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DUKE #1 Cvr A Image Comics 2023 1A GI JOE 0623IM806 (A/CA) Reilly (W)WIlliamson"
DUKE #1 Cvr A Imag ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #15 Cover B IDW Comics 2020 BOLD NEW ERA 15B (CA) Burcham SEP190684"
TRANSFORMERS #15 C ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS #16 Cvr A IDW Comics 2022 MAR220504 16A (CA) Lopez"
TRANSFORMERS BEAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers ROBOTS IN DISGUISE #46 IDW Comics 2015 (CA) Griffith (W) Barber"
Transformers ROBOT ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Toys Optimus Prime Cyberverse Ultimate Class Action Figure - Repeatable Matrix Mega Shot Action Attack Move - Toys for Kids 6 & Up, 11.5"" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series Number 14 Voyager Class Autobot Ironhide" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Terrorcon Hun-Gurrr" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Sludge" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 12 Voyager Class Movie 1 Decepticon Brawl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Platinum Edition Trypticon Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Hyperfire and Blurr" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Deception Off Road Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers RID Combiner Force Warriors Class Starscream" on AMAZON