This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

New, Unofficial Images of the Completed Fansproject Protector Set!

Do you love your new Hercules set? Can't get enough of FansProject's items? Upset that you bought a knock off when you thought you were getting an original? Use this forum to tell everyone your thoughts about unlicensed and knock off TF products.

Re: New, Unofficial Images of the Completed Fansproject Protector Set!

Postby MINDVVIPE » Sat Nov 06, 2010 2:37 am

Motto: "One look from me and you've lost"
Weapon: Black Magic
Carnivius_Prime wrote:
Sodan-1 wrote:I pre-ordered mine from TFSource. Along with TFX-05, shipping to the UK came in at just under £20 which I thought was pretty awesome given TFSource's quality packaging. Plus, doesn't Kapow Toys offer free shipping for orders over £50?

I'm quite new to buying certain things like these so I haven't heard of those places before. Just looking at Kapow's site now. UK's number 1 for TFs? Sounds ideal thanks.

I don't think I'll get this though. I've realised the more I look at it the more I actually just prefer my Classics figure as it is. If this had been a Hasbro product on mass retail for a much cheaper price I might have bought one but it's just not worth the high costs I'd have to pay (and after the fiasco I've just had with Virgin Media taking £100 out of my bank account I'm a bit broke now)

Also the Henkei matching one looks awful mainly due to that chrome but then most of the actual Henkei figures suffer from the exact same problem.

I still might get Sidearm though. I loved Firebolt for my old Targetmaster Hot Rod til my sister sat on him and broke his arms off.

I Agree, this is a great add on armour kit deal, but the face isn't that great, as well as the waist > thigh porpotions. Great Detailing of course, and i'm sure quality will be insane, but I too am happy with my hotrod as is in his classics form.
Man I wonder what FP will do up next after the stuff we already know about... can't wait for that Broadside figure, hopefully its voyager size, that'd be sick.. and the boat mode is like.. yatch style, and not a mini air craft carrier.

:CON:
THE POWERS OF DARKNESS ARE A MORE POWERFUL WEAPON THAN ALL THE TOYS YOUR SCIENCE CAN MUSTER

Die, Autobots!
MINDVVIPE
Gestalt
Strength: ???
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: ???
Courage: ???
Firepower: ???
Skill: ???

Postby Rated X » Sat Nov 06, 2010 6:59 am

Motto: ""Assumption is the mother of all screw ups.""
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
The gold looks stupid. Will they make a version for the 3 pack Rodimus in G1 colors ????
Rated X
Banned
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 2
Endurance: 10
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 8

Postby dragons » Sat Nov 06, 2010 8:04 am

not sure about anyone else but for anyone who owns henkie rodimus i be nervous about chrome paint chipping off when you do put him in car mode chrome wings stick out bit and in botmode wing exstension clips on to wing itself this henkei version could crazydev predaking wing set issue and chrome doesnt look that good on it takes away from the trailer it self it stands out to much.
dragons
Gestalt
News Credits: 21

Postby Covenant » Sat Nov 06, 2010 8:19 am

Motto: "Just keep going.."
Weapon: Fusion Cannon
Mach wrote:New images of FansProject's TFX-04 or better known as Protector has surfaced..

This time, the Protector set is hook onto Henkei version of Rodimus. The main differences are the chrome spoiler and the yellow "flame" part on vehicle mode will match nicely with the "flame" on the trailer..

Wait, does the set come with chrome & non-chrome? I've got Henkei Rodimus, and the chrome option seems like a natural choice.

Still surprised at some of the ho-hum & hum-drum feedback on this set from a few folks. Looks freakin' epic to me.
Covenant
Combiner
Buy from Covenant on eBay
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 8
Firepower: 9
Skill: 10

Postby LOST Cybertronian » Sat Nov 06, 2010 8:27 am

Motto: "I've looked into the eye of this island and what I saw was...beautiful"
Weapon: Double-Barreled, Armor-Piercing Particle Beam Cann...
Covenant wrote:
Mach wrote:New images of FansProject's TFX-04 or better known as Protector has surfaced..

This time, the Protector set is hook onto Henkei version of Rodimus. The main differences are the chrome spoiler and the yellow "flame" part on vehicle mode will match nicely with the "flame" on the trailer..

Wait, does the set come with chrome & non-chrome? I've got Henkei Rodimus, and the chrome option seems like a natural choice.

Still surprised at some of the ho-hum & hum-drum feedback on this set from a few folks. Looks freakin' epic to me.

The Protector set comes with non chrome but sidearm comes with the chrome wings. I also agree this set looks epic, the perfect classics Rodimus Prime.
-Kanrabat- wrote:YEah, too many Transformers are in a serious need of a good rim job.

Blast Cannon wrote:This thread is brilliant. Duragrip you are a gloriously weird sexual deviant and I love it.
LOST Cybertronian
Faction Commander
News Credits: 1235
Buy from LOST Cybertronian on eBay

Postby Doctor McGrath » Sat Nov 06, 2010 10:09 am

Motto: "This is quick but not quite painless.."
Weapon: Semi-Automatic Glue Gun
I do agree that the chromed wings look a little off on the figure. The face also seems a little photoshopped, but I'm not sure. Still, an amazing addition. FP proving they are still the uncontested third party king.

Show me more of Sidearm :)
El Duque wrote:Quite a firestorm I started here :michaelbay:
Doctor McGrath
Gestalt
News Credits: 5
Buy from Doctor McGrath on eBay
Strength: 7
Endurance: 7
Courage: 7
Firepower: 7

Postby Covenant » Sat Nov 06, 2010 11:30 am

Motto: "Just keep going.."
Weapon: Fusion Cannon
LOST Cybertronian wrote:The Protector set comes with non chrome but sidearm comes with the chrome wings. I also agree this set looks epic, the perfect classics Rodimus Prime.

Oh good, I had preordered Sidearm as well. That works out. :D
Covenant
Combiner
Buy from Covenant on eBay

Postby Rodimus Minor » Sat Nov 06, 2010 11:55 am

Motto: "Buff This"
Weapon: Cyclone Cannon
Mach wrote:New images of FansProject's TFX-04 or better known as Protector has surfaced at TFClub.com (http://club.tfclub.com/viewthread.php?t ... a=page%3D1).
This time, the Protector set is hook onto Henkei version of Rodimus.
The main differences are the chrome spoiler and the yellow "flame" part on vehicle mode will match nicely with the "flame" on the trailer.

Seibertron, Ultimate Transformers Resource!

Wow those are nice pics the armour looks good on the henkei :x
Rodimus Minor
Headmaster
News Credits: 1
Watch Rodimus Minor on YouTube
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 6
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 10+

Postby kirbenvost » Sat Nov 06, 2010 11:57 am

Motto: "Deal with it."
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
Not bad. These new pictures look a little better, the yellow's not so lemon-colored. I still wish they'd painted his hands black or dark grey, but oh well, that's a minor complaint. Looking forward to it! :D
------------------------------
Old collection pics
------------------------------
For Sale/Trade
kirbenvost
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 11
Buy from kirbenvost on eBay
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 10+

Postby Sideswipe 00 » Sat Nov 06, 2010 1:00 pm

Motto: "We Can't hold out forever Kup! But we CAN give them one humongous repair bill!"
Weapon: Disruptor Rifle
With clearer images makes for more epicness. I am still not 100% but will still get him and then sell him if he doesnt strike me as awesome as he looks in the pics
Sideswipe 00
Fuzor
News Credits: 2
Watch Sideswipe 00 on YouTube
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 5
Firepower: 8

Postby WeatherManNX01 » Sat Nov 06, 2010 1:52 pm

Motto: "I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me."
Why is it that we still have yet to get a good head shot? Seems like every pictures shows him looking downward at the floor. Is that really how he's going to look?
WeatherManNX01
Combiner
Buy from WeatherManNX01 on eBay

Postby kenm2474 » Sat Nov 06, 2010 3:50 pm

I just cant get over how Awesome this set is. Hearing some talk about complaints on the Head I could have sworn that FP said something about another head may come with the set. I know someone will be making a Head for this set real soon so it really doesn't worry me at all. I am so stoked about this set and its right around the corner. I cant wait.
kenm2474
Minibot

Postby GEEWUN » Sat Nov 06, 2010 3:57 pm

Motto: ""I'm not Psychotic... just Crazy!!!""
Weapon: Double-Barreled, Armor-Piercing Particle Beam Cann...
MINE
GEEWUN
Pretender
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Postby Court Jester » Sat Nov 06, 2010 9:24 pm

I will be using Henkei Roddy, but think that I'll keep the fin attachments off. I'll just keep one of my Sidearms in crossbow mode with the gold chrome fin extensions. Orange fin extensions will stay in Sidearm's box/pouch. By the way, production should be in full swing by now. I'm thinking a mid December release. People upset about the yellow must have forgotten about a potential sticker/decal sheet. May I suggest a gold sticker for the "U" section of bot mode (near the raised flames). Flame decals are a requisite! Really hoping for the same treatment given to the G3 trailer packaging... you know the one with room for the prime fig. You know what I find amusing? Some of the people bad mouthing the mold are the same people waiting for a TFCC Sideburn repaint of it. I really hope FansProject sees them for their shenanigans. The FansProject loyalists love their style and appreciate true homages. Sideburn is a skidmark on the boxers of Transformers lore, and does not deserve even a mention of a FansProject repaint release.
Court Jester

Postby zodconvoy » Sun Nov 07, 2010 12:22 am

Motto: "Freedom is the right to KNEEL BEFORE ZOD!"
So what are the odds that the arms can be brought close enough together to hold a Matrix? I've got a spare plastic one I'm willing to cut so he can hold it. In my Rodimus display I'm thinking of having the Protector on Henkei with the Battle in Space in front, both of them holding Matrices. BiS straight out and Protector up over his head. And the original Classics version on the Classics shelf.
Now for Sale!

NOW ON eBAY:

Visit My Store!
zodconvoy
City Commander
Buy from zodconvoy on eBay

Postby JokerFC » Sun Nov 07, 2010 6:09 am

Motto: "Erin Go Bragh!!"
Weapon: Double-Barreled Plasma Shell Shotgun
I cant wait to get this set.......it looks so good
JokerFC
Combiner
Buy from JokerFC on eBay
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 6
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10

Postby Blackstreak » Sun Nov 07, 2010 7:26 am

Motto: ""I'm stronger than I look, but not as strong as I think I am.""
Weapon: Laser Rifle
My question is this: are they doing a non-chrome and a chrome version? I have the original classics Rodimus and a Sons of Cybertron version Rodimus. My original may not work because the rifle post was busted so I superglued it to the rear of the car. This was before there ever was any talk of an upgrade set. And so, in anticipation of the upgrade set I purchased a Sons of Cybertron Rodimus and it would look a bit wierd w/ a chrome spoiler on Rodimus and regular fins on the upgrade. The original pics in this post show regular, the more recent ones show chrome.

# of Transformers in collection: 332
Looking for 1985 Action Cards
Blackstreak
Godmaster
News Credits: 1
Watch Blackstreak on YouTube
Buy from Blackstreak on eBay
Alt Mode: Datsun 280 ZX or Dodge Viper
Intelligence: 5
Speed: 9
Courage: 9

Postby zodconvoy » Sun Nov 07, 2010 7:54 am

Motto: "Freedom is the right to KNEEL BEFORE ZOD!"
Blackstreak wrote:My question is this: are they doing a non-chrome and a chrome version? I have the original classics Rodimus and a Sons of Cybertron version Rodimus. My original may not work because the rifle post was busted so I superglued it to the rear of the car. This was before there ever was any talk of an upgrade set. And so, in anticipation of the upgrade set I purchased a Sons of Cybertron Rodimus and it would look a bit wierd w/ a chrome spoiler on Rodimus and regular fins on the upgrade. The original pics in this post show regular, the more recent ones show chrome.

The Protector comes with none chromed parts. The chromed wings come with Sidearm. Plus if you're concerned with how well it all matches, you can partswap between the Classics and the BiS Rods to find what works best with it. The rear spoiler is just posted in and the middle is held by a single screw.
Now for Sale!

NOW ON eBAY:

Visit My Store!
zodconvoy
City Commander
Buy from zodconvoy on eBay

Postby Kagamigod » Tue Nov 09, 2010 6:39 pm

I'm getting this for my Battle in Space Rodimus as I could careless if the color match. I'm not paying some greedy ass 75+ for a Classics rodimus nor will I pay those over blown Henkei prices. I will enjoy it all the same. :P
Kagamigod
Mini-Con

Postby NTESHFT » Tue Nov 09, 2010 6:48 pm

Motto: "60% of the time, it works every time!"
You know, I hope they do a clear version for the Sons of Cybertron version, but I doubt that happens.....
NTESHFT
Brainmaster
Buy from NTESHFT on eBay
Alt Mode: NISMO 370Z
Speed: 9
Courage: 7
Skill: 7

Postby JokerFC » Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:22 am

Kagamigod wrote:I'm getting this for my Battle in Space Rodimus as I could careless if the color match. I'm not paying some greedy ass 75+ for a Classics rodimus nor will I pay those over blown Henkei prices. I will enjoy it all the same. :P

good for you man.

when I see the prices some classics go for it makes me very glad I was on board from day 1...... and lucky I had friends in the U.S. to get me exclusives such as Ultra Magnus/Skywarp and Hardhead.
JokerFC
Combiner
Buy from JokerFC on eBay

Postby MINDVVIPE » Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:53 am

Motto: "One look from me and you've lost"
JokerFC wrote:
Kagamigod wrote:I'm getting this for my Battle in Space Rodimus as I could careless if the color match. I'm not paying some greedy ass 75+ for a Classics rodimus nor will I pay those over blown Henkei prices. I will enjoy it all the same. :P

good for you man.

when I see the prices some classics go for it makes me very glad I was on board from day 1...... and lucky I had friends in the U.S. to get me exclusives such as Ultra Magnus/Skywarp and Hardhead.

Lucky bastard, Hardhead would be so killer with the headmaster.

THE POWERS OF DARKNESS ARE A MORE POWERFUL WEAPON THAN ALL THE TOYS YOUR SCIENCE CAN MUSTER

Die, Autobots!
MINDVVIPE
Gestalt
Strength: ???
Intelligence: 10+
Endurance: ???
Courage: ???
Firepower: ???
Skill: ???

Postby JokerFC » Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:32 pm

MINDVVIPE wrote:
JokerFC wrote:

good for you man.

Lucky bastard, Hardhead would be so killer with the headmaster.

from the reviews I have read.......man it is awesome.I was lucky with Hardhead.....I had passed him up then I heard about the upgrade and they were mostly gone from stores....and my pal struck out everywhere too until he happened on a lone Hardhead in a Wal mart one evening when he was doing some grocery shopping or something.
JokerFC
Combiner
Buy from JokerFC on eBay

Previous

Return to Unlicensed and KO Transformers Toys

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #8 Cvr A Image Comics 2024 0224IM320 8A (A/CA) De Felici (W) Kirkman"
NEW!
VOID RIVALS #8 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers Best of WINDBLADE #1 IDW Comics 2022 SEP221747 (CA) Biggie"
Transformers Best ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #10 Marvel Comics 1985 (CA) Baker (W) Budiansky 210422C"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers Energon Volume 2 COMIC / PRODUCT CATALOG 2004 Landmine Hasbro"
Transformers Energ ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers PRIME DIRECTIVE #1 Vol 1 G1 Autobots Dreamwave Comics 2002 (CA) Lee"
Transformers PRIME ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #5 Cvr D 1:25 Image Comics 2023 0823IM479 5D (CA) Darboe (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #5 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #1 2nd ptg Cvr A Image Comics 2023 APR239177 (CA) Howard (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #1 2nd ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers OPTIMUS PRIME #21 Cover A IDW Comics 2018 21A The Falling"
Transformers OPTIM ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers ROBOTS IN DISGUISE #7 Cvr A IDW Comics 2012 7A (CA)Griffith 220709A"
Transformers ROBOT ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #15 Marvel Comics 1986 (CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 230926M"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers MORE THAN MEETS THE EYE #45 RE IDW Comics 2015 210411A (CA) Coller"
Transformers MORE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #1 2nd ptg Cvr E Image Comics 2023 0923IM828 (CA) Tocchini"
TRANSFORMERS #1 2n ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #3 3rd ptg Image Comics 2024 0124IM893 (CA) Parel + Pham Chuong"
NEW!
TRANSFORMERS #3 3r ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #2 Cvr E 1:50 Image Comics 2023 APR238112 2E (CA) Lotay (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #2 Cvr ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Toys Optimus Prime Cyberverse Ultimate Class Action Figure - Repeatable Matrix Mega Shot Action Attack Move - Toys for Kids 6 & Up, 11.5"" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Swoop" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee Movie Toys, Energon Igniters Nitro Bumblebee Action Figure - Included Core Powers Driving Action - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 7-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Sludge" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Voyager Decepticon Nitro" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 02 Deluxe Class Movie 3 Decepticon Stinger" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Playskool Heroes Rescue Bots Optimus Prime Racing Trailer" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warriors Class Sideswipe Figure" on AMAZON