This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Official/In-Package Images of PCC Spastic w/ Stunticons, Salvage w/ Bombburst, Undertow w/ Waterlog

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Official/In-Package Images of PCC Spastic w/ Stunticons, Salvage w/ Bombburst, Undertow w/ Waterlog

Postby Blurrz » Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:09 am

Motto: "scream drive faster"
Weapon: Electro-Laser Cannon
Expanding on the news of the recently revealed Power Core Combiners 2011 Wave 2 sets, we've got high quality, official and in-package images of the brand new figures, all courtesy of site sponsor TFsource. First up is the newest five-pack Spastic with the Stunticons, homaging to an extent, G1 Menasor. Spastic is a repaint of Leadfoot, while his drones are mixes of both Rallybots and Destructicons. Next up are the new two new two-packs. One is Salvage with Bombburst, perhaps trying to salvage the mediocre Mudslinger figure with a new paint job. Bombburst is a repaint of Chainclaw. The second is Undertow with Waterlog, the first ever sea-vehicle in the PCC line, with a suitable algae-colored mini-con.

If you wanted another look at Heavytread with Groundspike, and Skyhammer with Airlift, there are official images as well. Check out all of the images below! By clicking any of the pictures or links, you'll be forwarded straight to TFsource's pre-orders of these figures.

Spastic with Stunticons

Salvage with Bombburst

Undertow with Waterlog

Heavytread with Groundspike

Skyhammer with Airlift

Keep it at Seibertron.com for the fastest Transformers news on the net!
Blurrz
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 1452
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 10
Endurance: 6
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 5

Re: Official/In-Package Images of PCC Spastic w/ Stunticons, Salvage w/ Bombburst, Undertow w/ Waterlog

Postby griftimus prime » Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:41 am

Motto: "you will have no freedom. whether you are sentient or not."
Weapon: 16 Cannons
heavy tread and skyhammer are too good for this line
griftimus prime
Brainmaster
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 10+

Re: Official/In-Package Images of PCC Spastic w/ Stunticons, Salvage w/ Bombburst, Undertow w/ Waterlog

Postby Neurie » Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:26 am

Spastic?!? Really?

Your gonna name a toy Spastic?

Great another toy which will have to be renamed if it gets released in the UK as the word Spastic is derogatory offensive slang for people with cerebal palsy, downs syndrome or generally the handicapped.

This years Nexus Maximus name cock up it would seem.
Neurie
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 4

Postby Zordon » Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:29 am

Motto: "I'm sure on some planet your style is impressive, but your weak link is: this is seibertron"
Weapon: Indepentently Targetable Particle Beam Cannons
think hasbro naming team dropped the ball on this one for "Spastic"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spastic

The word in common speech can also be used in a pejorative context. The level of severity depends on whether one understands it as it is used in the United States or the United Kingdom.[1] In the UK it is considered an offensive way to refer to the disabled.
Zordon
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 2
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 5
Endurance: 8
Courage: 9
Firepower: 9
Skill: 9

Postby Neurie » Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:40 am

Me thinks Hasbro may get sued by RADAR or the Royal Society For The Mentaly Handicapped or what ever the US equivalent is.
Neurie
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 4

Postby phantomfish » Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:10 am

Does Hasbro really not look into names before it picks them? Nexus Maximus was bad enough but now to offend the handicapped of the UK with a name! Genius way to go! :BOOM:
phantomfish
Micromaster
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: 1
Speed: 1
Endurance: 10
Courage: 1
Firepower: 2
Skill: 1

Postby Bass X0 » Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:33 am

Neurie wrote:Me thinks Hasbro may get sued by RADAR or the Royal Society For The Mentaly Handicapped or what ever the US equivalent is.

Nope. The word isn't offensive at all in America. They'll just have to change the name for when they release it over here.
Bass X0
Fuzor
News Credits: 11

Postby Carnivius_Prime » Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:44 am

Motto: "A cunning smile is more devastating than the fiercest weapon."
Weapon: Anti-Thermal Cannon
Hasbro, you really can be total morons at times... Doesn't matter if this figure is renamed or whatever when it comes to the UK. That figure's name will spread over here somehow and us TF fans already know of it now. Cannot undo.
I have anxiety, depression and aspergers syndrome so my behaviour can be erratic. I don't mean offense to anyone. Just very picky about my Transformers collecting. You're all cool! :)

Likes: Bayverse, Marvel UK G1, Geoff Senior art, '86 movie (more for style/soundtrack rather than Star Wars plot)
Dislikes: Bumblebee movie (lousy rehashed dumb crud), TFA, G1 cartoon, IDW G1, BW/BM, MP. The entire concept of Autobot Megatron
Carnivius_Prime
City Commander
News Credits: 19

Postby ausbot » Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:48 am

Motto: "Don't want none, don't start none!"
Weapon: Battle Blades
Spastic! WTF, I hope we don't get Retard Prime, again WTF! I work with disabled children and this is really offensive!
ausbot
Pretender
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 10
Endurance: 5
Firepower: 10
Skill: 5

Postby Primacron's Little Helper » Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:54 am

Wow, just wow. This makes Slag and Slapper seem relatively tame!

Another figure the UK won't be getting me thinks.
Primacron's Little Helper
Combiner
News Credits: 1

Postby Breakdown 2099 » Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:13 am

Dear oh dear... i'm guessing this won't see the light of day in Australia either.
Breakdown 2099

Postby Bass X0 » Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:17 am

ausbot wrote:Spastic! WTF, I hope we don't get Retard Prime, again WTF! I work with disabled children and this is really offensive!

Read "Evolution of the term in the United States" for a better understanding of Hasbro's intentions.
Bass X0
Fuzor

Postby Mykltron » Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:54 am

Motto: "If I win again I'm still the champion. If you win HAH! that's just impossible.

Weapon: tea cup."
Bass X0 wrote:
Neurie wrote:Me thinks Hasbro may get sued by RADAR or the Royal Society For The Mentaly Handicapped or what ever the US equivalent is.

Nope. The word isn't offensive at all in America. They'll just have to change the name for when they release it over here.

Nah, they just won't bother releasing it in the UK. It's cheaper that way!

Bass X0 wrote:
ausbot wrote:Spastic! WTF, I hope we don't get Retard Prime, again WTF! I work with disabled children and this is really offensive!

Read "Evolution of the term in the United States" for a better understanding of Hasbro's intentions.

In fact, at least one American dictionary (Merriam Webster's) makes no reference to cerebral palsy in its definition or word origins. It simply defines "spaz" as a shortening of the word "spastic" and "one who is inept".

They obviously hadn't heard the name of the charity The Spastic's Society who changed their name because of the modern use of the word spastic.

Mind you, in combined form the name DOES seem...

Funny how almost no-one is commenting on the other toys in the post! The tank and boat look good.

Why not take a look at My TF Repaints? Updated 23rd January 2015
Mykltron
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 9

Postby phantomfish » Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:55 am

Bass X0 wrote:

That may have been Hasbro's intention but words can have different meanings in different countries even those that speak the same language. Hasbro should research names and their meanings before it trademarks them. This is a massive gaff on Hasbro's part and I'm sure once Hasbro realises how offensive the word is in the UK it will change the name,
phantomfish
Micromaster
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: 1
Speed: 1
Courage: 1
Firepower: 2
Skill: 1

Postby Oilspill » Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:14 am

Bass X0 wrote:

I think the wiki article confuses things, because it talks about spaz being a fairly harmless word in the US. But although spaz was originally a shortening of spastic, the word spaz has evolved to mean nerdy/uncool/clumsy whereas the word spastic still refers to the disability does it not?

Anyway, I don't understand why they can't use the name Slag, which is not derogatory in the US, only really in the UK (plus in the UK it still means "molten rock/metals" as well), but they can OK the name Spastic?

Keep the name Spastic if you must, just bring back Slag!

PS. Spazma may have been a better choice, and would let Hasbro hold onto an older name.
Oilspill
Transmetal Warrior
News Credits: 5

Postby Relic Dinobot » Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:41 am

Motto: "Learn from the past or be doomed to repeat it."
Weapon: Energo-Sword
Wow. Talk about really not wanting to reuse an already trademarked name (like Decepticon Drag Strip) in any form. Geez. They really need to do more research for these names. Although, I'm personally waiting for 'em to release a new Huffer repaint named Pipes in any French-speaking country and see how that goes...

And I'm so getting all four of these PCC 2-packs! The Mudslinger mold is really one of the better molds of this series and the newer ones are getting better and better. Undertow looks awesome, Heavytread is so a Guzzle homage and Skyhammer is just pure win. Still waiting to see what'll happen with an eventual Grimstone/Dinobots repaint, tho'.
Relic Dinobot
Vehicon
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 6

Postby Oilspill » Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:48 am

Relic Dinobot wrote:Heavytread is so a Guzzle homage

Personally, with the way the front of the tank becomes the chest, he feels like more of a Brawl homage - which fits in with the established pattern of the PCCs aping existing combiner groups. But he does make a passable Guzzle too.

Man I'd love a full on proper IDW style Guzzle. A larger scout or a smaller deluxe, either way would be all good.
Oilspill
Transmetal Warrior

Postby Relic Dinobot » Wed Nov 10, 2010 5:02 am

Motto: "Learn from the past or be doomed to repeat it."
Weapon: Energo-Sword
Oilspill wrote:
Relic Dinobot wrote:Heavytread is so a Guzzle homage

Personally, with the way the front of the tank becomes the chest, he feels like more of a Brawl homage - which fits in with the established pattern of the PCCs aping existing combiner groups.

True. Makes more sense for the vehicle mode anyway. But I'll stick with Guzzle for the 'bot mode since I'm not a big fan of Movie Brawl. ;)

Oilspill wrote:Man I'd love a full on proper IDW style Guzzle. A larger scout or a smaller deluxe, either way would be all good.

Hasbro, if you've read this comment, please go with the second option and make him a deluxe figure. Please?
Relic Dinobot
Vehicon
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 6

Postby Sodan-1 » Wed Nov 10, 2010 5:42 am

Motto: "Motive is a universal weakness."
I was expecting a couple of people to comment on the name, didn't expect the whole topic to be taken up by it, lol. What I think makes it worse is that they've given the name to a bad guy, as if it says something about the people with such a mental disability.

Hasbro; EPIC FAIL.
Sodan-1
Gestalt

Postby --B-- » Wed Nov 10, 2010 5:44 am

Motto: "Doing things my own way and never giving up!"
I'll wait for the inevitable red repaint of Heavytread into Warpath.
Check out my sales thread, plenty of Generations, and Reveal the Shield figures for sale!!

generations-rts-deluxes-scouts-and-legends-along-with-voyager-lugnut-for-sale-t78434.php
--B--
Gestalt
Buy from --B-- on eBay

Postby Bass X0 » Wed Nov 10, 2010 5:54 am

--B-- wrote:I'll wait for the inevitable red repaint of Heavytread into Warpath.

That won't happen though. Autobots get repainted into Decepticons and vice versa. Out of five waves, not one toy so far has been repainted from someone the same faction as them (other than Mini-Cons).
Bass X0
Fuzor

Postby --B-- » Wed Nov 10, 2010 6:06 am

Motto: "Doing things my own way and never giving up!"
Bass X0 wrote:
--B-- wrote:I'll wait for the inevitable red repaint of Heavytread into Warpath.

That won't happen though. Autobots get repainted into Decepticons and vice versa. Out of five waves, not one toy so far has been repainted from someone the same faction as them (other than Mini-Cons).

Just because it hasn't happened yet, doesn't mean it won't.
Check out my sales thread, plenty of Generations, and Reveal the Shield figures for sale!!

generations-rts-deluxes-scouts-and-legends-along-with-voyager-lugnut-for-sale-t78434.php
--B--
Gestalt
Buy from --B-- on eBay

Postby Cyber Bishop » Wed Nov 10, 2010 6:12 am

Motto: "Ker-Klick... Choom!"
Weapon: Black Magic
Heavytread looks like Brawl..

Stunticons... NO!
Not a sheeple.
Think for yourself, don't let the magic TV box and social media do the thinking for you.
Question EVERYTHING!!
Just because you have a youtube review channel doesn't make you special.
No, I am not friendly online or in real life.
I look forward to attending a Botcon only to settle matters with idiots in person.
Cyber Bishop
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 103
Watch Cyber Bishop on YouTube
Buy from Cyber Bishop on eBay
Alt Mode: some sort of rudimentary lathe

Postby GuyIncognito » Wed Nov 10, 2010 6:49 am

I like Undertow even more now with these clearer pictures, and Waterlog looks pretty neat too.

I like the Heavytread mold, but I'm waiting for a Decepticon repaint. Every PCC figure so far has gotten a repaint, so I assume these will too.
GuyIncognito
Faction Commander
News Credits: 12
Buy from GuyIncognito on eBay

Postby SLUGSLINGER81 » Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:00 am

Motto: ""If you can't find a way, make a way""
Weapon: Slingshot
wow...seems like Hasbro's sticking with this concept...good for them :roll:
SLUGSLINGER81
Minibot
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 10+
Courage: 9
Firepower: 8
Skill: 10

Next

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K27 RHINOX Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Voyager Hasbro 2021 New"
WFC-K27 RHINOX Tra ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MAGNIFICUS Transformers Legacy Deluxe Generations Selects Hasbro 2023 New"
MAGNIFICUS Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K25 WINGFINGER Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe Hasbro 2021 New"
WFC-K25 WINGFINGER ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K22 DRACODON Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Core Hasbro 2021 New"
NEW!
WFC-K22 DRACODON T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K38 RED ALERT Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe Walgreens 2021 New"
WFC-K38 RED ALERT ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "KNOCK-OUT Transformers Legacy Deluxe Prime Universe Hasbro 2022 New"
KNOCK-OUT Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WAR DAWN ERIAL + DION Transformers Legacy Evolution 2-Pack Hasbro 2023 New"
WAR DAWN ERIAL + D ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERTRON Transformers Legacy United Voyager Class Prime Hasbro 2024 New"
THUNDERTRON Transf ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K31 SHADOW PANTHER Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe 2021 New"
WFC-K31 SHADOW PAN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "POINTBLANK + PEACEMAKER Transformers Legacy Deluxe Class 2022 New **IN-STOCK**"
POINTBLANK + PEACE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BUZZSAW Transformers Legacy Deluxe Beast Wars Universe Hasbro 2022 New"
BUZZSAW Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OVERRIDE Transformers Legacy Velocitron Speedia 500 Voyager 2022 New 231203A"
OVERRIDE Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DREADWING Transformers Legacy Evolution TL-57 Leader Prime Takara Tomy 2023 New"
NEW!
DREADWING Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ANTAGONY Transformers Legacy Generations Selects Voyager 2023 New"
ANTAGONY Transform ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Grotusque and Scorponok Deluxe Action Figure Exclusive Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Roadtrap" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Voyager Class Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Outback" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Moonracer" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 09 Voyager Class Movie 2 Thundercracker" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Sinnertwin" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Deluxe Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Autobot Blaster and Twin Cast (Discontinued by manufacturer)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece MP-21 Bumble Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Decepticon Dragstrip Figure" on AMAZON