This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Corus Entertainment Networks to air Transformers: Prime in Canada

Discuss anything about the Transformers cartoons and comics! You can discuss anything from G1 to Cybertron as well as the comics from Marvel, Dreamwave, IDW and more!

Corus Entertainment Networks to air Transformers: Prime in Canada

Postby Seibertron » Fri Nov 12, 2010 2:56 pm

Motto: "'Til All Are One!"
Weapon: Twin Shock-Concussion Missiles
Hasbro Studios and Corus Entertainment's Kids Networks Reach Broad Animation and Live-Action Programming Agreement

First of Many Global Output Deals for Year-Old Television

LOS ANGELES, Nov 09, 2010 (BUSINESS WIRE) -- --Production and Distribution Division of Hasbro

Hasbro Studios, the Los Angeles-based production and distribution division of Hasbro, Inc. (HAS 46.79, -0.03, -0.06%) , has reached a comprehensive programming and marketing agreement with Canada's leading kids and family TV broadcaster, Corus Entertainment.

The agreement covers a broad range of Hasbro Studios-produced series on Corus Entertainment's kids services: YTV, Treehouse, Nickelodeon (Canada), TELETOON* and TELETOON Retro*. It includes the anticipated series Transformers Prime, My Little Pony Friendship is Magic, G.I. Joe Renegades, The Adventures of Chuck and Friends and Pound Puppies.

"Our partnership with Corus' kids networks marks the first of many distribution agreements that are designed to expand the Hasbro television programming brands around the world," Stephen Davis, President of Hasbro Studios, said. "We are delighted to be in business with Corus, renowned for its highly targeted television brands, strong partnerships and compelling content."

"We're very excited to be able to offer our viewers the terrific line-up of Hasbro programs across our many Corus' kids platforms. Hasbro has always been a great partner and we look forward to growing that relationship," said Ted Ellis, Vice President, Kids/Family Programming, Corus Television.

About Corus Entertainment Inc.

Corus Entertainment Inc. is a Canadian-based media and entertainment company. Corus is a market leader in specialty television and radio with additional assets in pay television, television broadcasting, children's book publishing and children's animation. The company's multimedia entertainment brands include YTV, Treehouse, Nickelodeon (Canada), W Network, CosmoTV, VIVA, Sundance Channel (Canada), Movie Central, HBO Canada, Nelvana, Kids Can Press and radio stations including CKNW, CFOX, CKOI, 98,5 FM, Q107 and 102.1 the Edge. Corus creates engaging branded entertainment experiences for its audiences across multiple platforms. A publicly traded company, Corus is listed on the Toronto (CJR.B) exchange. Experience Corus on the web at www.corusent.com.

* TELETOON Canada inc. is owned by Corus Entertainment (50%) and Astral (50%).

About Hasbro Studios: Hasbro Studios is the Los Angeles-based production division of Hasbro, Inc. (HAS 46.79, -0.03, -0.06%) . The "virtual" studio develops and produces shows based on Hasbro's world class brands, including TRANSFORMERS, MY LITTLE PONY and GI JOE; delivers new branded content; and produces programs from top third-party content creators. Many of these shows will run on The HUB, the new television network starting 10.10.10 that was created by the joint venture between Hasbro and Discovery Communications (DISCA 40.39, -0.01, -0.02%) (DISCB 41.40, 0.00, 0.00%) (DISCK 35.25, +0.10, +0.28%) , as well as on multiple channels in international markets.

SOURCE: Hasbro

Seibertron
Site Owner
News Credits: 3554
Watch Seibertron on YouTube
Buy from Seibertron on eBay
Alt Mode: Supersonic Cybertronian Jet
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10+

Re: Corus Entertainment Networks to air Transformers: Prime in Canada

Postby kirbenvost » Fri Nov 12, 2010 4:51 pm

Motto: "Deal with it."
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
Nice, looks like we'll get it on Teletoon, which means I can PVR it and watch before work! :D
------------------------------
Old collection pics
------------------------------
For Sale/Trade
kirbenvost
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 11
Buy from kirbenvost on eBay
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 7
Courage: 8
Firepower: 9
Skill: 10

Postby sabrigami » Fri Nov 12, 2010 5:25 pm

Weapon: Semi-Automatic Rifle
This is definitely great news since I actually get those channels lol! I wonder when they will actually be premiering.
sabrigami
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 2
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 8
Endurance: 9
Courage: 9
Firepower: 7
Skill: 8

Postby Editor » Sat Nov 13, 2010 12:44 am

Motto: ""I'm not even supposed to be here today!""
Weapon: Shotgun
kirbenvost wrote:Nice, looks like we'll get it on Teletoon, which means I can PVR it and watch before work! :D

Pretty much what I was thinking of doing. Good to finally have word about it.
http://www.seibertron.com/heavymetalwar/team_view.php?id=27919
Once I ran an Anime festival with over 6,000 attendees. Now... not so much.
Editor
City Commander
News Credits: 9
Watch Editor on YouTube
Buy from Editor on eBay
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 7
Firepower: 4
Skill: 6

Postby ROBOBOT » Sat Nov 13, 2010 12:06 pm

Yay the Canadian people like myself get some love, i was getting worried i would miss the whole thing :BOT:
ROBOBOT
Mini-Con

Postby Elita One » Sat Nov 13, 2010 5:16 pm

Motto: "I will chop your head off!- Axe Cop"
Weapon: Armor Axe
I wonder what channel in Australia will screen it. My guess that CN will or if it is a free to air one it will be on ABC 3 (digital kids channel). Hooray my taxes are paying for something good for a change.
DISCLAIMER: The above post is not meant to offend, if you feel insulted by it then use the pm button to discuss it with me.
http://www.****.tumblr.com
Elita One
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 1
Watch Elita One on YouTube
Buy from Elita One on eBay

Return to Transformers Cartoons and Comics Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "STARSCREAM Transformers Kre-o Battle Changer Building Toy Hasbro 2015 New"
STARSCREAM Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MINNYCAKE Transformers BotBots Series 3 Sugar Shocks cupcake 2019 Hasbro"
MINNYCAKE Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SHREDDER JACK Transformers BotBots Series 1 Greaser Gang 2018 Hasbro"
SHREDDER JACK Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "RAZZLE TAZZELED Transformers BotBots Series 5 Party Favors piñata Hasbro 2020"
RAZZLE TAZZELED Tr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "LUMIDOPE Transformers BotBots Series 4 Movie Moguls Hasbro 2020 flashlight"
LUMIDOPE Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "IRONHIDE Transformers Cyberverse Tiny Turbo Changers Series 4 Hasbro 2020 New"
IRONHIDE Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BEMYNE Transformers BotBots Series 4 Season Greeters Hasbro 2020"
BEMYNE Transformer ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "HAL A PENO Transformers BotBots Con Crew Fantastic Fuelers bag spicy chips 2019"
HAL A PENO Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SOUNDWAVE Transformers Cyberverse Tiny Turbo Changers Series 2 Hasbro 2019 New"
SOUNDWAVE Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MEGATRON Transformers Kre-o Battle Changer Building Toy Hasbro 2015 New"
MEGATRON Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BUFFLOON Transformers BotBots Series 5 Party Favors foil party balloon 2020"
BUFFLOON Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SANDY SHADES Transformers BotBots Series 5 Frequent Flyers glasses Hasbro 2020"
SANDY SHADES Trans ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SONGWAVE Transformers BotBots Series 2 Music Mob 2019 smart speaker"
SONGWAVE Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SHUDDER Transformers BotBots Series 5 Frequent Flyers camera Hasbro 2020"
SHUDDER Transforme ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Terrorcon Hun-Gurrr" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Nemesis Prime (Amazon Exclusive)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 06 Voyager Class Movie 1 Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Autobot Infinitus and Sentinel Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Autobot Ratchet" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Decepticon Quake and Chasm" on AMAZON