This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Peter David to write Transformers DOTM novelization!

Discuss anything and everything related to the Transformers Live Action Films franchise, which are directed by Michael Bay. Join us to discuss the movies and stuff up to date with news for the 2017 release of Transformers 5. Check out our Live Action Film section here.

Peter David to write Transformers DOTM novelization!

Postby Dead Metal » Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:55 am

Motto: "Don't do drugs, beer's cheaper anyway!"
Peter David has updated his blog stating that he has been hired to write the novelization for Transformers Dark of the Moon.

I’ve been hired by Del Rey to produce the novelization for “Transformers 3,” which is listed on IMDB as “Transformers: Dark of the Moon.” I can’t provide any plot details about it since I’ve signed enough non-disclosure and confidentiality agreements to join the NSA, so don’t bother asking. But that’s what I’m working on at the moment.

Click here to read the original posting.

Jeep! wrote:Why do I imagine Dead Metal sounding exactly like Arnie?
Intah-wib-buls?

Blurrz wrote:10/10

Leave it to Dead Metal to have the word 'Pronz' in his signature.
Dead Metal
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 767

Re: Peter David to write Transformers DOTM novelization!

Postby g2jazz » Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:32 am

Peter david? The Start trek writer?

that will mean that many star trek fans are gonna read transformers....
g2jazz
Mini-Con
News Credits: 1

Postby Rodimus Prime » Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:50 am

Motto: "Individual freedom above all else."
What happened to Alan Dean Foster? I guess they weren't happy with his RoTF book.
........Image
Rodimus Prime
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 22

Postby Seibertron » Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:01 pm

Motto: "'Til All Are One!"
Weapon: Twin Shock-Concussion Missiles
Now here's an incredible comic book writer that I'd personally love to see write a few Transformers comic books.
Seibertron
Site Owner
News Credits: 3554
Watch Seibertron on YouTube
Buy from Seibertron on eBay
Alt Mode: Supersonic Cybertronian Jet
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10+

Postby Dead Metal » Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:36 pm

Motto: "Don't do drugs, beer's cheaper anyway!"
Seibertron wrote:Now here's an incredible comic book writer that I'd personally love to see write a few Transformers comic books.

IDW is far too cheap for that.

Jeep! wrote:Why do I imagine Dead Metal sounding exactly like Arnie?
Intah-wib-buls?

Blurrz wrote:10/10

Leave it to Dead Metal to have the word 'Pronz' in his signature.
Dead Metal
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 767

Postby T-Macksimus » Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:26 pm

I'm not familiar with any of Peter Davids other works as far as novels go and I am quite certain that he is a splendid writer otherwise Del-Rey would not have asked him to take on this task. HOWEVER, I am a creature of habit and VERY particular when it comes to reading books in a series. Once I have gotten used to a particular style set by a particular author, in my mind it is something that absolutely should not be screwed with until the series is completed. Only exception being if the author dies before completion as was/is the case with Robert Jordan and his "Wheel of Time" series. I haven't heard anything about Foster having passed on recently so this is going to be a case where I will be extremely hyper-critical of the TF:DOTM novelization. Anything else Transformer related I can be easy-going about but when it comes to books, I'm stubborn and ruthless.
"That which does not kill me...had better run pretty damn fast!"
T-Macksimus
Gestalt

Postby Galvatron X » Fri Dec 10, 2010 7:41 pm

Motto: "Such heroic nonsense..."
Weapon: Gatling Cannon
Seibertron wrote:Now here's an incredible comic book writer that I'd personally love to see write a few Transformers comic books.

Yeah, Peter David is a great writer. His X-Factor work is top-notch.

Isn't it a bit of a waste to have such a good writer do this? I mean, the story is already written, right? If so, all he'll do is translate that onto the pages.
Galvatron X
Gestalt Team Leader
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Endurance: 6
Firepower: 4
Skill: 10

Postby Windsweeper » Sat Dec 11, 2010 3:52 am

I used to love his Spiderman 2099. Wasn't he also involved with Babylon 5, my alltime favourite Sci Fi series?

I believe he also wrote the novellisation of Batman Forever, and brought it down to earth. made it more palatable.

Now if only he was actually writing the Transformers films rather than adapting.
Windsweeper
Godmaster

Postby Michael Alex Kawa » Sat Dec 11, 2010 6:54 am

Motto: "I am the most dangerous!"
Weapon: Blue Bolt
I love Peter David so i am looking forward to his take on the TRANSFORMERS ,to bad it's a movie novel. :-B :KREMZEEK:
Follow me or Add me on Facebook and YouTube
Am I seriously the only one here that uses my real name. lol :P
Michael Alex Kawa
Vehicon
Watch Michael Alex Kawa on YouTube
Alt Mode: Panzer IV Ausf. D tank.
Strength: 7
Firepower: 8
Skill: 9

Postby TulioDude » Sun Dec 12, 2010 5:30 pm

Motto: "Never doubt the awesomess."
Weapon: Energo-Sword
Dont forget Peter David`s work in the Incredible Hulk and Spider-Man comics.
Silverwing wrote:Also, I feel compelled to give the obligatory: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay:
One for each year of the Movieverse's decade strong tenure. Here's to a few more explosive years!

Here is my DeviantArt page and my Tumblr blog.
TulioDude
Gestalt
News Credits: 6
Strength: 9
Speed: 5
Skill: 7

Postby Cyberstrike » Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:34 pm

Motto: "I don't lose, I CONQUER!"
Weapon: Electro-Sword
Dead Metal wrote:

IDW is far too cheap for that.

Every once and a great while he has a "Ask PAD" thread and on one of those threads a few years ago I asked him would he ever write a Transformers comic and his answer was no, he feels that he doesn't know enough about the Transformers lore to do the series any good.

It's also interesting to note that he was originally intended to write Marvel US The Transformers #16 but for some weird reason it didn't happen.

He has worked for IDW in the past on The Fallen Angel, Spike: Old Wounds, Angel Spotlight: Illyria, and Spike vs. Dracula. The last I heard he had signed an exclusive contract to Marvel and can only write comics for them.
Cyberstrike
Headmaster
Watch Cyberstrike on YouTube
Strength: 10+
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Courage: 10+
Skill: 5

Postby SEXFIGHTER » Wed Dec 22, 2010 7:13 am

Motto: "The sneaky and un-manly will awake the sleeping power of Unicron.."
Weapon: Armor Axe
Simon Furman should be writing the movies, he's written for every continuity through the years, he knows what characters work, what won't, and he can write real dialogue, as opposed to 'gags' or 'innuendo'. He'd PROBABLY throw his mate Galvatron on at some point too :lol:
SEXFIGHTER
Fuzor
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Postby Cyberstrike » Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:19 am

Motto: "I don't lose, I CONQUER!"
Weapon: Electro-Sword
Peter David has turned in novelization into publisher and he says it pretty good and said Hasbro was easy to work with, and that the characters were fun to work with.
Cyberstrike
Headmaster
Watch Cyberstrike on YouTube
Strength: 10+
Courage: 10+
Skill: 5

Return to Transformers Live Action Film Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BWVS-02 RHINOX + SCORPONOK Transformers Beast Wars Again Kingdom Hasbro 2023 New"
BWVS-02 RHINOX + S ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SKIDS Transformers Legacy Deluxe G1 Universe Hasbro 2022 New"
NEW!
SKIDS Transformers ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BWVS-03 CHEETOR + WASPINATOR Transformers Beast Wars Again Kingdom Hasbro 2024"
BWVS-03 CHEETOR + ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K10 MEGATRON Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Leader Beast Wars 2021 New"
WFC-K10 MEGATRON T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "LASER OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Legacy United Leader G2 Universe 2024 New"
LASER OPTIMUS PRIM ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BUZZSAW Transformers Legacy Deluxe Beast Wars Universe Hasbro 2022 New"
BUZZSAW Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SHADOWSTRIP Transformers Legacy Velocitron Speedia 500 Collection Deluxe G2 New"
SHADOWSTRIP Transf ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SHADOW STRIKER Transformers Legacy Evolution Deluxe Cyberverse Hasbro 2023 New"
SHADOW STRIKER Tra ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "LIFT-TICKET Transformers Legacy Deluxe Generations Selects Hasbro 2022 New"
LIFT-TICKET Transf ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THUNDERTRON Transformers Legacy United Voyager Class Prime Hasbro 2024 New"
THUNDERTRON Transf ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SKULLGRIN Transformers Legacy Deluxe Class Hasbro 2022 New"
SKULLGRIN Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "KICKBACK Transformers Legacy Deluxe G1 Universe Insecticon Hasbro 2022 New"
NEW!
KICKBACK Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K32 PIPES Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe Hasbro 2022 New"
WFC-K32 PIPES Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K7 PALEOTREX Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe Hasbro 2020 New"
WFC-K7 PALEOTREX T ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Roadtrap" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Slug" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Breakdown Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Legends Class Autobot Rewind" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Mega 1-Step Turbo Changer Dragonstorm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Platinum Edition Predaking Figure [Amazon Exclusive](Discontinued by manufacturer)" on AMAZON