This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

CorbotV's War Axe is Shipping Soon!

Do you love your new Hercules set? Can't get enough of FansProject's items? Upset that you bought a knock off when you thought you were getting an original? Use this forum to tell everyone your thoughts about unlicensed and knock off TF products.

CorbotV's War Axe is Shipping Soon!

Postby Mach » Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:11 pm

Motto: ""I am a Prime. I do not take orders from you!""
Third party toy maker - CorbotV that created the War Axe for War For Cybertron Cybertronian Optimus Prime figure(http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/ ... rime/2078/) has updated their blog with new information on the delivery as well as new images.

According to CorbotV, the War Axe is expected to ship out this week with a new discounted price - USD$14.99.

You can view all the images here: http://www.corbotv.com/

Seibertron, Ultimate Transformers Resource!
Mach
Gestalt
News Credits: 905
Strength: ???
Intelligence: ???
Speed: ???
Endurance: ???
Courage: ???
Firepower: ???
Skill: ???

Re: CorbotV's War Axe is Shipping Soon!

Postby Varia31 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:28 pm

Motto: "So long as a noble warrior lives, he must never give up the fight until his final breath."
Weapon: Energo-Sword
VERY cool piece. :) Not sure if I'll get it or not though. :-?
Varia31
Vehicon
News Credits: 3
Watch Varia31 on YouTube
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 9
Skill: 9

Postby LOST Cybertronian » Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:32 pm

Motto: "I've looked into the eye of this island and what I saw was...beautiful"
Weapon: Double-Barreled, Armor-Piercing Particle Beam Cann...
I can always use cool new weapons and at $15 why not? Went and pre-ordered.
-Kanrabat- wrote:YEah, too many Transformers are in a serious need of a good rim job.

Blast Cannon wrote:This thread is brilliant. Duragrip you are a gloriously weird sexual deviant and I love it.
LOST Cybertronian
Faction Commander
News Credits: 1235
Buy from LOST Cybertronian on eBay

Postby Rated X » Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:02 pm

Motto: ""Assumption is the mother of all screw ups.""
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
I know this piece is video game accurate. But in my opinion, all these swords, axes, and tridents are startng to get a little silly. Too comic-bookish I think. In the original G1 cartoon, the Dinobots had swords because they were supposed to be primitive. But all these high tech Tron style characters using ninja weapons instead of laser cannons is kind of lame.
Rated X
Banned
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 2
Endurance: 10
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 8

Postby Roboto750 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:27 pm

Motto: "Winners are losers who got up and gave it one more try."
Weapon: Electro Scrambler Gun
I think its a neat accessory for wfc Prime, but that's it. I don't think it really suits any of the other TFs here, not even Darkmount/Straxus.
Roboto750
Headmaster
Buy from Roboto750 on eBay
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 10

Postby InvaderJes » Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:28 pm

Rated X wrote:I know this piece is video game accurate. But in my opinion, all these swords, axes, and tridents are startng to get a little silly. Too comic-bookish I think. In the original G1 cartoon, the Dinobots had swords because they were supposed to be primitive. But all these high tech Tron style characters using ninja weapons instead of laser cannons is kind of lame.

I get what you're saying, X. It would make more sense for them to use lasers and the like, but I have to say watching up-close melee- for me, anyway- is much more exciting than seeing two groups shooting at (and missing) each other from opposite ends of the screen.
InvaderJes
Micromaster
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 4
Endurance: 9
Courage: 10
Firepower: 5
Skill: 7

Postby Roboto750 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:31 pm

Motto: "Winners are losers who got up and gave it one more try."
Weapon: Electro Scrambler Gun
I think its a neat accessory for wfc Prime, but that's it. I don't think it really suits any of the other TFs here, not even Darkmount/Straxus.
Roboto750
Headmaster
Buy from Roboto750 on eBay
Speed: 7
Courage: 8

Postby MINDVVIPE » Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:56 pm

Motto: "One look from me and you've lost"
Weapon: Black Magic
Theres no reason to complain about it, either you want it, or not, its not like your buying a figure and forced to get a melee weapon.
I for one think any weapon variation additions are a great thing regardless of who they are for... have some imagination. In a battle, if a bot loses his weapon, and is only able to find this axe, it'd make things so much more interesting coz now hes forced to make do without a projectile weapon.
Also, if melee weapons were completely useless, I wonder why real life mercenaries would carry around combat knives, hm?
Take it or leave it, I say welcome and encourage more weapons, anything to add a larger surplus to the TF Universe.
Its a great looking axe, and I might just pick it up for WFC Prime... although I'm not sure where i'm gonna stash it in his vehicle mode, or perhaps on other figures. Maybe find somewhere on MP Grimlock.
:CON:
THE POWERS OF DARKNESS ARE A MORE POWERFUL WEAPON THAN ALL THE TOYS YOUR SCIENCE CAN MUSTER

Die, Autobots!
MINDVVIPE
Gestalt
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: Infinity

Postby Megazarak » Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:22 pm

Motto: "Your Spark will extinguish between my claws!"
Weapon: Cyber Tail Claw
Rated X wrote:I know this piece is video game accurate. But in my opinion, all these swords, axes, and tridents are startng to get a little silly. Too comic-bookish I think. In the original G1 cartoon, the Dinobots had swords because they were supposed to be primitive. But all these high tech Tron style characters using ninja weapons instead of laser cannons is kind of lame.

Melee weapons are great, as whenever one finds themselves in close quarters with an opponent they are almost always superior to ranged weaponry. That's one of the reasons why real life soldiers still carry combat knives (another good reason is their versatility and usability as a tool). Also, what does one do when one runs out of ammo for their ranged weapons? One would rely on the remaining weapon they have that doesn't use ammo/energy, their melee weapon.

I personally love the resurgence of melee weapons on Transformers, they're a lot more fun and unique compared to guns. That's one of the reasons Terradive is so cool, he has a trident. How many other Transformers have a trident? On a related note, that trident also happens to have a barrel-like hole at the tip, perhaps as an indication that his weapon can also be used as a gun (kinda like a Jaffa's staff). It's always nice to have a multipurpose melee weapon.

As for the axe itself, it looks great but I won't be getting it. I don't tend to buy 3rd party things unless I REALLY want them.

Edit: Uhh, I'm late to my point. MINDVVIPE pretty much already stated it.
Megazarak
Vehicon
News Credits: 4
Strength: 10
Speed: 8
Firepower: 3
Skill: 9

Postby MINDVVIPE » Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:41 pm

Megazarak wrote:How many other Transformers have a trident? On a related note, that trident also happens to have a barrel-like hole at the tip, perhaps as an indication that his weapon can also be used as a gun (kinda like a Jaffa's staff). It's always nice to have a multipurpose melee weapon.

Ah yea, sweet. Another awesome point about TF melee weapons, they could do all sorts of crazy things other than JUST shoot. I hope this guy makes more 3rd party weapons, I really want some sort of mace or melee weapon that fits WFC Megatrons open hands. Oh! I just thought of displaying WFC prime with this axe, with Straxus attacking on one side, and Terradive (or who i call Jhiaxus) on the other.
THE POWERS OF DARKNESS ARE A MORE POWERFUL WEAPON THAN ALL THE TOYS YOUR SCIENCE CAN MUSTER

Die, Autobots!
MINDVVIPE
Gestalt

Postby cannonfodder4000 » Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:39 am

Motto: "Dey are fools! and dey will dai, like foods!"
Weapon: Right Laser
MINDVVIPE wrote: I really want some sort of mace or melee weapon that fits WFC Megatrons open hands.

If you have a masterpiece Megatron then you're in luck! cause his mace can be held by WFC Megs! as i dont have any of those guys i obviously didnt come up with this :P all credit goes to EWalterJR on youtube, you can see it in his HTS megatron review around 04:25

heres the link :D http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UimFHeeN ... er&list=UL
cannonfodder4000
Gestalt Team Leader
News Credits: 17
Watch cannonfodder4000 on YouTube
Strength: 2
Intelligence: 4
Speed: 1
Endurance: 2
Courage: 3
Firepower: 1
Skill: 2

Postby Sodan-1 » Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:08 am

Motto: "Motive is a universal weakness."
I think I'm going to sit on the fence as regards the argument 'for or against' melee weapons.

I do see the benefit for them. They don't rely on ammo, they're silent, often provide an advantage in hand-to-hand close quarters combat, and very versatile. Guns are only good at shooting to damage. I've never heard of anyone try to extract a bullet by shooting it out with another one.

But there is a huge difference between a combat knife and a giant two-handed axe. Swords, axes, glaives were necessary in the days before firearms to provide reach. If you're close enough to an enemy that a gun is a burden, then chances are so is a sword. When was the last time you saw a marine run out of ammo and pull a scythe out of his equipment belt. There's definately something to be said for conservative melee weaponry (eg. ROTF Prime's arm blades), but the huge two-handed stuff does seem very daft.

How hypocritical then that I may pick this up, simply because the rifle that WFC Prime comes with is pathetic.
Sodan-1
Gestalt
News Credits: 1

Postby Requiem Prime » Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:38 am

Motto: "You take care of your team and stay out of my way, so I can take care of mine."
Weapon: Hypersonic Concussion Blasters
Pre-order! This one snuck up on me, which is really stunning since it has the nicest price from a third party since Sidearm.

I sort of wonder if Xovergen was going to make weapons for their new hand set up. All we saw were the hands and what look like giant bolts.
Requiem Prime
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 2
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 10
Endurance: 6
Courage: 9

Postby Rated X » Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:56 am

Motto: ""Assumption is the mother of all screw ups.""
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
Wow, I started another huge argument. I wasn’t really even trying. :-?

I get what all you guys are saying about "melee" weapons. (I never heard the term before) Obviously, it makes more sense for video games. A street fighter style game wouldnt have a purpose if they just blasted each other. But I cant help thinking of this classic Indiana Jones scene :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GkLXdLgOybE

As for display purposes, I place my figures in action poses but give them their individual space. I don’t face them head on to simulate battle. So I always prefer the gun. Of course if the gun sucks, a blade is nice. But I like WFC Prime's gun. It's not too big and not too small.
Rated X
Banned
Strength: 5
Speed: 2
Firepower: 10+

Postby MINDVVIPE » Wed Dec 15, 2010 2:32 pm

Sodan-1 wrote:I think I'm going to sit on the fence as regards the argument 'for or against' melee weapons.

I do see the benefit for them. They don't rely on ammo, they're silent, often provide an advantage in hand-to-hand close quarters combat, and very versatile. Guns are only good at shooting to damage. I've never heard of anyone try to extract a bullet by shooting it out with another one.

But there is a huge difference between a combat knife and a giant two-handed axe. Swords, axes, glaives were necessary in the days before firearms to provide reach. If you're close enough to an enemy that a gun is a burden, then chances are so is a sword. When was the last time you saw a marine run out of ammo and pull a scythe out of his equipment belt. There's definately something to be said for conservative melee weaponry (eg. ROTF Prime's arm blades), but the huge two-handed stuff does seem very daft.

How hypocritical then that I may pick this up, simply because the rifle that WFC Prime comes with is pathetic.

Haha, yea, a huge axe definitely isn't like a Combat knife, but in a practical sense, an Axe could be used by Prime to just slice through bots over and over, in a group, especially if hes tough enough to handle some flak. I understand if some people think its a bit over the top... But for me, my collection has mostly guns and missiles, the few melee weapons are nice, especially if they're over the top, coz to an enemy, it makes them wonder why they're using this somewhat unweildly looking weapon; they must really know how to use it (plus I love the whole close combat feel of melee weapons that might have spawned from the early days of Cybertronian gladiatorial battles). But whatever, it's not like I don't love my guns. It'd be SO awesome if we got a rotary machine gun the tank class uses.

Die, Autobots!
MINDVVIPE
Gestalt

Postby Kirkimus Prime » Wed Dec 22, 2010 7:30 pm

Weapon: Triple Crusher Cannon
[quote="Rated X"]Wow, I started another huge argument. I wasn’t really even trying. :-?

I get what all you guys are saying about "melee" weapons. (I never heard the term before) Obviously, it makes more sense for video games. A street fighter style game wouldnt have a purpose if they just blasted each other. But I cant help thinking of this classic Indiana Jones scene :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GkLXdLgOybE

quote]

Ha! I love that scene!
The only thing I could offer to possibly counter that (just cause I feel like it) is an example from Star Wars. Shoot Darth Vader with a lazer blaster and he deflects it with his robot hand; hit him with a lightsabre and carve him like a Thanksgiving turkey! What I'm getting at is that if we were talking about conventional weapons and fleshy human targets, then conventional wisdom would suffice. But we're not, so physics and logic just fly right out the window!

A friend and I got into a similar discussion about swords vs guns in games like Devil May Cry and Darksiders; he hates that the guns do less damage. I said that since the swords are magic in nature, they ignore the normal rules of the universe. As far as I'm concerned, giant robots from space and energy axes are in the same catagory.

On a related note; I went ahead and ordered one for Prime from BBTS, and if all goes according to plan it will be among the handful of products I'll review in the new year!

:BOT:
Kirkimus Prime
Mini-Con
Buy from Kirkimus Prime on eBay
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 5
Speed: 3
Firepower: 8

Postby Midnight_Fox » Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:15 am

Motto: "The Midnight Fox comes in the night,
always in shadow, never in sight."
Weapon: Switch Blade Tail
Kirkimus Prime wrote:
A friend and I got into a similar discussion about swords vs guns in games like Devil May Cry and Darksiders; he hates that the guns do less damage. I said that since the swords are magic in nature, they ignore the normal rules of the universe. As far as I'm concerned, giant robots from space and energy axes are in the same catagory.

Also, the damage potential of guns aren't affected by the same things that can affect how hard a melee weapon hits: your own physical strength, momentum behind the weapon(including from things such as riding a horse or vehicle), etc. Essentially, guns do the damage that the bullet fired is created to do(unless someone like a Gunmage is using it; magic channeling guns FTW!), while a melee weapon is affected by who is wielding it and the manner in which it is wielded. For a half-demon like Dante, I have a feeling that contributes a lot to his ability to hit for more damage than a gun. Plus, it's cooler.

That said, hit point systems for games are extremely limiting and completely incapable of being representative of the kind of damage weapons really do.
Midnight_Fox
Godmaster
News Credits: 3
Strength: 6
Speed: 9
Endurance: 7
Courage: 6
Firepower: 3
Skill: 7

Return to Unlicensed and KO Transformers Toys

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SOUNDWAVE Transformers Cybertron Legends of Cybertron complete 2005 230719A"
SOUNDWAVE Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OVERHAUL Transformers Cybertron Scout complete w/ Cyber Key s9d7 2005 231102A"
OVERHAUL Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "HOT SHOT Transformers Cybertron Legends of Cybertron complete 2005 220813A"
HOT SHOT Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Dinobot GRIMLOCK Transformers Armada RID Dinobots complete + more 211023A"
Dinobot GRIMLOCK T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OPTIMUS PRIME Keychain Flashlight Transformers Armada Hasbro 2004 230719A"
OPTIMUS PRIME Keyc ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "STRONGARM Transformers Energon Class + instructions + comic Hasbro 2004 230427B"
STRONGARM Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "STREET SPEED MINI-CON TEAM Transformers Armada complete Hasbro 2002 231209A"
STREET SPEED MINI- ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "RUINATION Transformers RID Robots Disguise complete set Hasbro 2001 231208Q"
RUINATION Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BUMBLEBEE (Camaro) Transformers Movie Energon Igniters Power Plus Series 2018"
BUMBLEBEE (Camaro) ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Warrior Class ENERGON AXE ATTACK OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Cyberverse 2018 New"
Warrior Class ENER ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Armada McDonald's Happy Meal Fast Food 2002 230719B"
OPTIMUS PRIME Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BRIMSTONE Transformers Cybertron deluxe complete + d0h3 key Hasbro 2005 231102A"
BRIMSTONE Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DARK ENERGON SHOCKWAVE Transformers Cyberverse Tiny Turbo Changers Series 4 2020"
DARK ENERGON SHOCK ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "LAND MILITARY MINI-CON TEAM Transformers Armada complete Hasbro 2002 231209A"
LAND MILITARY MINI ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Roadtrap" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Tailgate" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Sludge" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee Movie Toys, Power Charge Bumblebee Action Figure - Spinning Core, Lights and Sounds - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 10.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Titan Class Predaking" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Darkmoon and Astrotrain" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Decepticon Vortex(Discontinued by manufacturer)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Tra Rid Warrior Soundwave Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Autobot Twinferno and Daburu" on AMAZON