This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

The Ark In Transformers 3?

Discuss anything and everything related to the Transformers Live Action Films franchise, which are directed by Michael Bay. Join us to discuss the movies and stuff up to date with news for the 2017 release of Transformers 5. Check out our Live Action Film section here.

The Ark In Transformers 3?

Postby Savage » Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:12 pm

Weapon: Diffraction Sword
In a recent post over at ShootForTheEdit.com, there was much discussion of Bay's involvement in the filming of the teaser trailer. Nelson responds by saying, "He said initially he didn't have anything to do with it and then later became totally involved. Who do you think shot those NASA, astronauts walking on the moon, and Ark scenes?" That's right, Seibertronians, he said the Ark! Is the confirmation that the downed spacecraft from the teaser is, in fact, in the Ark? To read more and decide for yourself, check out the original thread HERE
WANTED: Botcon 2007 Dreadwind | BotCon 2014 Scorponok & Devcon
Savage
Godmaster
News Credits: 97
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 7
Endurance: 7
Courage: 8
Firepower: 6
Skill: 7

Re: The Ark In Transformers 3

Postby im ruined » Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:18 pm

Motto: "Once again, our bodies SLUGGISH with GOAT MEAT"
Weapon: Concussion Pistol
I knew it! I said so to myself when I watched the trailer. It feels good to be a dork.
Image I DREW THIS
im ruined
Minibot
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 3
Endurance: 2
Firepower: 9
Skill: 8

Postby DavidT » Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:21 pm

Motto: ""Fate Rarely Calls Upon Us At A Moment Of Our Choosing""
I've been under the impression that it was the Ark cause of the look from the rear of the ship, and the scattered bodies inside like in MTMTE pt.1

Maybe the bot coming online at the end is actually Teletran-1... It's a Bay movie after all LOL
CHECK OUT MY EBAY AUCTIONS Aug. 7 - Aug. 12, 2012: Davidalan26
http://myworld.ebay.com/davidalan26

Check Out My Collection- Updated Sept. 15, 2011: http://www.seibertron.com/energonpub/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=18265

DavidT
Brainmaster
News Credits: 88
Buy from DavidT on eBay
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 10+

Postby TheCrookedMan » Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:27 pm

Motto: "I like blocky rehashes."
Aside from merely being given the name, how is this the Ark?
TheCrookedMan
Mini-Con
News Credits: 1

Postby Sabrblade » Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:41 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
We mustn't forget about this:

If the craft we saw in the trailer is indeed the Ark, then there must be two Arks in Tyran like how there are two Nemesis ships.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 436
Intelligence: 10
Endurance: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby Megatron Wolf » Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:05 pm

Motto: "Cry havoc and let slip the Wolves of War, Vae Victus!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
Just another franchise name being thrown around again, well at least they didnt name a con ship "the ark"
Current TF count: 2042

Megatron Wolf
Faction Commander
News Credits: 8
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Courage: 10
Skill: 10

Postby Cliffjumper Prime » Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:10 pm

Weapon: Big Cannon
it's obviously not THE Ark since Prime and his crew aren't in it, but it's an element of TF fiction that's been lifted and adapted for the films. They have a crash-landed and dormant Autobot ship, why not make Transfans happy and call it the Ark? Just like we got Carley, even though she's probably not much like G1 Carley.

also:
Sabrblade wrote:We mustn't forget about this:

If the craft we saw in the trailer is indeed the Ark, then there must be two Arks in Tyran like how there are two Nemesis ships.

Micheal Bay doesn't read the comics, so... yeah
Cliffjumper Prime
Minibot
News Credits: 2
Strength: 6
Speed: 6
Endurance: 4
Firepower: 9

Re: The Ark In Transformers 3?

Postby TFGnome » Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:38 pm

Motto: "manipulation trumps skill"
Weapon: Big Cannon
ok, in the bay-verse, transformers turn into commits in order to enter the atmosphere of a planet....so do they have ships that the jettison out of ? Or do they just travel space in in commit-mode ?

initially i though ah-ha its the Nemesis, you know cuz it on the moon and all.....
but then my other reasoning that in the bay-verse there are no ships kicked in and i noticed how the wreckage looked like a hand.... :-?

and nodes anyone else think the the gold trimmed bot' at the end looks suspiciously like SentinelPrime?
TFGnome
Minibot
Strength: 5
Speed: 5
Endurance: 5
Courage: 6
Skill: 9

Postby froneyzone » Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:39 pm

Even if it IS the Ark - what happen to storyline people? The writers better have a good reason that nobody at NASA came forth with this info in the last two films and why none of the other Autobots knew about it! I'll be posting a letter to 'Bay & Company' and my own teaser trailer, in a day or so, as something fun and semi-serious for us fans - since theirs did neither tease nor excite ...stayed tuned!
froneyzone
Mini-Con

Postby SlyTF1 » Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:53 pm

Motto: "If my first sacrifice wasn't enough, maybe you would prefer to pay with your funky blood."
Weapon: Sword
TFGnome wrote:ok, in the bay-verse, transformers turn into commits in order to enter the atmosphere of a planet....so do they have ships that the jettison out of ? Or do they just travel space in in commit-mode ?

initially i though ah-ha its the Nemesis, you know cuz it on the moon and all.....
but then my other reasoning that in the bay-verse there are no ships kicked in and i noticed how the wreckage looked like a hand.... :-?

and nodes anyone else think the the gold trimmed bot' at the end looks suspiciously like SentinelPrime?

I said the same thing about the Sentinel Prime thing. And maybe that is a hand. Maybe the ship is Omega Supream!
I Am.
SlyTF1
Faction Commander
News Credits: 37
Watch SlyTF1 on YouTube
Alt Mode: The entire universe
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Endurance: 9
Firepower: Infinity

Postby MINDVVIPE » Wed Dec 15, 2010 2:24 pm

Motto: "One look from me and you've lost"
Weapon: Black Magic
froneyzone wrote:Even if it IS the Ark - what happen to storyline people? The writers better have a good reason that nobody at NASA came forth with this info in the last two films and why none of the other Autobots knew about it! I'll be posting a letter to 'Bay & Company' and my own teaser trailer, in a day or so, as something fun and semi-serious for us fans - since theirs did neither tease nor excite ...stayed tuned!

I look forward to it.
:CON:
THE POWERS OF DARKNESS ARE A MORE POWERFUL WEAPON THAN ALL THE TOYS YOUR SCIENCE CAN MUSTER

Die, Autobots!
MINDVVIPE
Gestalt
Strength: ???
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: ???
Courage: ???
Firepower: ???
Skill: ???

Postby Burn » Wed Dec 15, 2010 2:31 pm

Motto: "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings to randomly click things in the Admin Panel to see what it breaks."
froneyzone wrote:Even if it IS the Ark - what happen to storyline people? The writers better have a good reason that nobody at NASA came forth with this info in the last two films and why none of the other Autobots knew about it! I'll be posting a letter to 'Bay & Company' and my own teaser trailer, in a day or so, as something fun and semi-serious for us fans - since theirs did neither tease nor excite ...stayed tuned!

:roll:

It wasn't meant to "tease" or "excite". It was meant to "announce" to the general public that TF3 is coming.
Burn
Forum Admin
News Credits: 226

Postby MINDVVIPE » Wed Dec 15, 2010 2:34 pm

Motto: "One look from me and you've lost"
Weapon: Black Magic
Burn wrote:

It wasn't meant to "tease" or "excite". It was meant to "announce" to the general public that TF3 is coming.

Haha, come on dude, it tottaly was meant to tease and excite, as well as inform about TF3... 'teaser' trailer, man. Guess it just didn't do it for some.
:CON:
THE POWERS OF DARKNESS ARE A MORE POWERFUL WEAPON THAN ALL THE TOYS YOUR SCIENCE CAN MUSTER

Die, Autobots!
MINDVVIPE
Gestalt
Strength: ???
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: ???
Courage: ???
Firepower: ???
Skill: ???

Postby Burn » Wed Dec 15, 2010 2:40 pm

Motto: "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings to randomly click things in the Admin Panel to see what it breaks."
Okay yes, it was meant to do that, but my point is, it wasn't aimed at the TF fan base like some people like to believe. It was aimed at the general public and did enough to inform them that it's coming and get them interested.

But for fans? Not entirely.
Burn
Forum Admin
News Credits: 226

Postby First-Aid » Wed Dec 15, 2010 4:05 pm

Motto: "This won't hurt me a bit."
Weapon: Laser Scalpel
Burn wrote:
froneyzone wrote:Even if it IS the Ark - what happen to storyline people? The writers better have a good reason that nobody at NASA came forth with this info in the last two films and why none of the other Autobots knew about it!

Exactly. It was specially labeled an "announcement trailer", not a teaser. It's used to get the word out that something is coming.

As for the storyline, the first battle was covered up by the government. The second movie is kind of the "coming out". Lastly, as is illustrated in the trailer, NASA is kept out of the loop about the REAL reason for the moon landing. It is clear that Sector Seven got to the astronauts at some point and used their own equipment to jam the NASA equipment. It's as simple as that.
It finally happened. The Chicago Cubs won the World Series. Yes, I cried.

-Kanrabat- wrote:
TF-fan kev777 wrote:
First-Aid wrote:Okay, did anyone else notice that we all get a wonderful shot of Starscreams crotch anytime he sits in that throne? That's unnerving. Couldn't they have put n extra flap in there? It's....weird.

Its kind of like Basic Instinct, but not in a good way...

Goddammit, now I can't unsee it.
First-Aid
Faction Commander
Strength: 3
Firepower: 2

Postby craggy » Wed Dec 15, 2010 4:10 pm

if it is the Ark, does that mean that's Noah Prime?
assembling a Neo-G1/TF:TM cast. Please PM if you have (or know of) the following at a reasonable price: Classics or Henkei Astrotrain, Sunstreaker, Sideswipe, or 3rd Party iGear Ratchet and Ironhide.
Also looking for Universe Repugnus and Overbite, Frostbite and Longhorn and any Webdiver toys.
craggy
Faction Commander
News Credits: 4

Postby First-Aid » Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:32 pm

craggy wrote:if it is the Ark, does that mean that's Noah Prime?

Ba-dum-dum! #-o :BANG_HEAD:

-Kanrabat- wrote:
TF-fan kev777 wrote:
First-Aid wrote:Okay, did anyone else notice that we all get a wonderful shot of Starscreams crotch anytime he sits in that throne? That's unnerving. Couldn't they have put n extra flap in there? It's....weird.

First-Aid
Faction Commander

Postby griftimus prime » Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:18 pm

Motto: "you will have no freedom. whether you are sentient or not."
Weapon: 16 Cannons
and this will make bays movie good how?
griftimus prime
Brainmaster
Strength: 10+
Courage: 10+

Postby Ungie » Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:52 pm

Motto: "Hoo-hah! Cherry Soda!"
Weapon: Quasar Cannon
Remember the photos of Bay Filming TF3? Remember the ship Sam and That carly girl jumping on? That part looks suspiciously like the ship in the trailer...
Ungie
Fuzor
Watch Ungie on YouTube
Buy from Ungie on eBay
Strength: 5
Intelligence: ???
Speed: 4
Endurance: 7
Firepower: 8

Postby JeffX » Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:57 pm

The reason why the Autobots never said anything could be because it never came up or they didn't know it crashed there.
JeffX
Micromaster

Postby First-Aid » Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:19 pm

Ungie wrote:Remember the photos of Bay Filming TF3? Remember the ship Sam and That carly girl jumping on? That part looks suspiciously like the ship in the trailer...

I actually was thinking that...but that means that it either flies at some point or soomeone bringds it planetside. Shockwave maybe?

-Kanrabat- wrote:
TF-fan kev777 wrote:

First-Aid
Faction Commander

Postby Roboto750 » Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:23 pm

Motto: "Winners are losers who got up and gave it one more try."
Weapon: Electro Scrambler Gun
I figured as much. Works for me. I just kind of hope they spotlight the importance of the matrix a bit more/better/at all in DOTM. I felt it was a little sidestepped in ROTF.
Roboto750
Headmaster
Buy from Roboto750 on eBay
Strength: 8
Endurance: 10
Skill: 10

Postby Torneira » Thu Dec 16, 2010 2:40 am

Maby it's Aliens vs Transformers !

Ahum, probably not.

Maby that guy is Wheelimus Prime?

Again, probably not.

Though I wonder how it crashlanded on the moon?
Torneira
Fuzor
News Credits: 3

Postby TCWJoe » Thu Dec 16, 2010 5:12 am

Try this..., it's the Ark. The Ark name has been used hundreds of times in fandom for other ships that aren't THE ARK from G1#1.

Try this...., the Ark is a prison ship transporting prisoners to another planet to be treated much as the UK used Australia as. Rebellion ensues and it crash lands on the moon putting all transformers into stasis lock.

Millions (thousands..., hundreds..., 13..., whatever) of years later Astronauts discover the ship, and accidentally reactivate the computer which in turn begins reactivating the inhabitants. The prisoners win, and their leader is crafty, smart and hugely powerful already. He has his minions go out on raids to gather what he needs to build him a newer better body... OUT OF THE MOON!

Yeah buddy, I think that robot in the teaser is Unicron, we know Shockwave's in it I can see him being his lead minion, the fire truck is Ultra Magnus or Rodimus Prime who was put in charge of the prison ship. The scene we see that was filmed in Chicago (my home, but I didn't get cast as an extra despite standing in line for five hours :-( )where they show Sam and Dempsey's character standing on a pile of rubble looking up is them watching as Unicron either comes to life, or is destroyed.

AND I HAVE NOTHING IN REALITY TO BASE THIS ON BUT WHAT WOULD BE AWESOME!!!

-Joe
TCWJoe
Mini-Con

Postby froneyzone » Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:54 am

Okay guys - I like where this is going! And this is excatly why we have these forums - I just wished that we knew for sure that someone on Bay's team is reading these and that they 'get'...that they better not screw up this last movie for us fans with some confusing story line that doesn't fit at least with the first film (cause, we can easily ignore the 2nd and chalk it up to the writers strike and just enjoy as GREAT popcorn fun the way Bay knows how to deliver). Anyway, as far as the trailer being an announcement trailer (username Burn) I never got that memo? If you just google "Transformers 3 Trailer" every link states it's a Teaser Trailer, or even an Official Trailer for that matter ie:

http://teaser-trailer.com/movie/transformers-3/ cover-up

http://transformers-3-movie-trailer.blogspot.com/

And if it was for the general public like you say, and not for us fans, then what is the general public supposed to think? Well, they think it's the official Teaser Trailer of course and like username MINDVVIPE said - it was totally supposed to tease and get people excited! (thanks for backing me up dude!)

But that's neither here nor there - the main question still remains and TFGnome hit the nail on the head:

TFGnome wrote:ok, in the bay-verse, transformers turn into commits in order to enter the atmosphere of a planet....so do they have ships that the jettison out of ? Or do they just travel space in in commit-mode ?

----------------

So, we just want to make sure for this last movie (if indeed it is the last) that everything gets tied together. So Ark or not...where in the world do the Autobots and Decepticons keep falling out of the sky from? Right now, we're just supposed to believe they are flying around in space like comets - that's all my point was. That, and the fact that 'Bay & Company' have so much GREAT footage they could have at least included something more in that trailer (like at least a glimpse of Optimus' trailer - we all know he has one now) whether it was an announcement trailer or not.

In the meantime - I'm still working on my fun/semi-serious letter to 'Bay & Company' and hopefully I'll post it up here later today with my own trailer!
froneyzone
Mini-Con

Next

Return to Transformers Live Action Film Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES #3 Cvr H 1:10 modern icon Dynamite Comics DEC220626 3H (CA) Conner"
GARGOYLES #3 Cvr H ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES DARK AGES #3 Cvr B Dynamite Comics 2023 JUL230279 3B (CA) Quah"
GARGOYLES DARK AGE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MMPR TMNT II #5 Cvr F 1:10 Boom Studios Comics FEB230325 5F (CA)Eastman+Williams"
MMPR TMNT II #5 Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MMPR TMNT II #3 Cvr A Boom Studios Comics 2023 DEC220383 3A (CA) Mora"
MMPR TMNT II #3 Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES #2 Cvr S LTD Dynamite Comics 2023 Disney NOV220601 2S (CA) Nakayama"
NEW!
GARGOYLES #2 Cvr S ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES #7 Cvr B Dynamite Comics 2023 Disney APR230450 7B (CA) Conner"
GARGOYLES #7 Cvr B ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES #11 Cvr E Dynamite Comics 2024 AUG230320 11E (CA) Fleecs + Forstner"
GARGOYLES #11 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES #3 Cvr T LTD Dynamite Comics 2023 Disney DEC220638 3T (CA) Nakayama"
NEW!
GARGOYLES #3 Cvr T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES #3 Cvr B Dynamite Comics 2023 Disney DEC220620 3B (CA) Conner"
GARGOYLES #3 Cvr B ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MMPR TMNT II #4 Cvr H 1:50 Boom Studios Comics 2023 JAN230394 4H (CA) Darboe"
MMPR TMNT II #4 Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES #3 Cvr J 1:20 Dynamite Comics 2023 Disney DEC220628 3J (CA) Conner"
GARGOYLES #3 Cvr J ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES #1 Cvr L 1:25 virgin Dynamite Comics 2022 OCT220553 1L (CA) Kambadais"
GARGOYLES #1 Cvr L ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MIGHTY MORPHIN POWER RANGERS #108 Cvr D 1:25 Boom Studios Comics MAR230266 108D"
MIGHTY MORPHIN POW ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES #9 Cvr L 1:20 Dynamite Comics 2023 JUN230690 9L (CA) Parrillo"
GARGOYLES #9 Cvr L ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Tailgate" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Optimal Optimus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Titan Class Predaking" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titan Masters Fangry Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Speed Series Bumblebee  (Chevrolet Camaro)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Robots in Disguise Combiner Force 1-Step Changer Soundwave" on AMAZON
Buy "TRANSFORMERS PLATINUM EDITION HOT ROD JUNKION SCRAPHEAP WRECK GAR SET" on AMAZON