This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

IDW Publishing - March 2011 Transformers Comic Solicitations

Discuss anything about the Transformers cartoons and comics! You can discuss anything from G1 to Cybertron as well as the comics from Marvel, Dreamwave, IDW and more!

IDW Publishing - March 2011 Transformers Comic Solicitations

Postby Blurrz » Mon Dec 20, 2010 5:26 pm

Motto: "scream drive faster"
Weapon: Electro-Laser Cannon
March already? The Infestation crossover comes to an end, and this month will give us three different Transformers Comics. Ongoing continues with Issue 17, while we get Transformers: Prime, Vol 1, featuring screengrabs from the cartoon. The Dark Of The Moon prequel continues with Rising Storm #2. Lastly, a new mini-series is released, Heart of Darkness. Check out the covers, and spoilers below!

====================================
====================================

TRANSFORMERS #17
Mike Costa (w) Alex Milne (a) Matere, Nick Roche (c)
Megatron's plan enters its second stage as the Autobots continue to fall under attack from heavily armed humans. Elsewhere, Starscream attempts to initiate a plan of his own with an old ally. Costa and Milne aren't bringing everyone out of this issue in one piece as the REVENGE OF THE DECEPTICONS continues!
*2 regular covers will be shipped in a 1-to-1 ratio.
FC 32 pages $3.99

Transformers: Prime, Vol. 1
Marty Isenberg, more (w) Various (a & c)
The action from Hasbro's new HUB show Transformers: Prime comes to life on the printed page in this collection of screengrabs from the actual animated cartoon!
TPB FC $7.99 104 Pages 5" x 7" ISBN: 978-1-60010-857-0

TRANSFORMERS: RISING STORM #2 (of 4)
John Barber (w) Carlos Magno (a) Brian Rood (c)
MEGATRON's deadliest plan yet kicks into high gear-it's all-out war! Plus-BUMBLEBEE squares off against BARRICADE for what may prove to be the final time, while OPTIMUS PRIME calls in every AUTOBOT on Earth to put an end to STARSCREAM! The stakes rise in this intense prequel to Transformers 3!
FC 32 pages $3.99

TRANSFORMERS: HEART OF DARKNESS #1
Dan Abnett & Andy Lanning(w) Ulises Farinas (a) Farinas, Casey Coller (c)
GALVATRON. Last seen, he was leading a team of Decepticons through space. Clearly, he has a purpose, an agenda, and a vendetta. But how it will play out and to what end has been shrouded in mystery. That mystery is about to be revealed...
*2 regular covers will be shipped in a 1-to-1 ratio.
FC 32 pages $3.99

Bullet Points: Fan-favorite writers Dan Abnett & Andy Lanning inject some DnA into the IDWverse!

Keep it at Seibertron.com for the latest Transformers news on the net!
Last edited by Blurrz on Mon Dec 20, 2010 6:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Blurrz
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 1452
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 10
Endurance: 6
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 5

Re: IDW Publishing - March 2011 Transformers Comic Solicitations

Postby Chaoslock » Mon Dec 20, 2010 5:34 pm

Weapon: Reciprocating Laser Cannon
Well, that Galvatron looks like a weak fan-picture, but I'm interested enough in Galvys sidestory to read it.

Ongoing: #17 and Mike is still unleashed...
GENERATION 1: THE EPIC ORIGINS! -Hasbro

"Autobots, Buster Witwicky killed Primus. Kill on sight!" - broadcast from Urban Dead

Psychout wrote:Never, ever take the internet seriously, especially not when its on a website dedicated to giant cartoon robots from outer space.
Chaoslock
Faction Commander
News Credits: 7
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 9
Skill: 7

Postby Blurrz » Mon Dec 20, 2010 5:37 pm

Motto: "scream drive faster"
Weapon: Electro-Laser Cannon
I just don't like the look of fem-Jazz. I dunno.. the cover just looks really feminine for some reason. Being stupid and nitpicky, oh well XD.
Blurrz
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 1452

Postby Darth Bombshell » Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:49 pm

Motto: "Insanity is a state of mind, and I have a home there."
Weapon: Cerebro-Shell Launcher
Blurrz wrote:Costa and Milne aren't bringing everyone out of this issue in one piece

When has Costa ever left anyone alone?
Darth Bombshell
Gestalt
News Credits: 487
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 5
Firepower: 6
Skill: 7

Postby YoungPrime » Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:51 pm

Yeah....I'm not feeling the art work on Galvy here either but I sure hope the story on him is good.

Meh to everything else though since it appears that Ongoing is still stuck on stupid human plots.....SMH
YoungPrime
Headmaster Jr

Postby Heavy B » Mon Dec 20, 2010 8:16 pm

Motto: "The best weapon isn't one you never have to fire, It's the one you only have to fire once."
Weapon: Gattling Gun
im liking the ongoing series (bring the hate, haters) and im still intrested in the galvatron arc (even if we havn't seen him since last year)
Psycho Warrior wrote: Heavy B, the man who can open armor plating with his bare ass. To fight a bear no less.
Heavy B
Gestalt
News Credits: 1
Location: Anywhere I roam, Where I lay my head is home. Carved upon my stone, My body lie, but still I roam.
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 5
Speed: 4
Endurance: 10
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: 9

Postby Supreme Convoy » Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:11 pm

I'm picking up the ongoing but I may have to add Heart of Darkness as I want to see what Dan Abnett & Andy Lanning do in the Transformers universe.

Of course, I know that spins out of Infestation. If they do a paperback collecting that entire story, I may buy that as well.
Supreme Convoy
Gestalt
News Credits: 34

Postby gantzrunner » Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:23 am

Motto: "This life is a game...and I play for keeps"
Weapon: Double Beam Guns
Seriously? Does anyone remember when Transformers comics were drawn by artists that actually put time and effort into the artwork? I used to be in awe of the comics I picked up...now all I wanna do is redraw them myself. In recent tf history at least two artists I have been awed by traded their awesome artwork in for cartoony styles and that drives me nuts as well. The Jazz cover looks like a panel blown up to cover size, not at all something used to catch the eye and make you want to read the issue. IDW is slowly turning Transformers into a half-assed cashcow. Normally I don't rant like a jackass but when something I pay money for looks worse than what I can produce myself, I get pretty disappointed :BANG_HEAD:
gantzrunner
Minibot
Strength: 9
Endurance: 8
Courage: 10
Skill: 9

Postby kirbenvost » Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:34 am

Motto: "Deal with it."
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
The FIRST issue of 'International Incident' was great, with EJ Su (I wish they'd let him do all the issues) & a lot more bots...after that it kind of went downhill, but it wasn't terrible. I don't like new Spike though. All that said, I'm still interested.

I'm DEFINITELY interested in more Galvatron. IDW's take on him so far has been really awesome.
------------------------------
Old collection pics
------------------------------
For Sale/Trade
kirbenvost
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 11
Buy from kirbenvost on eBay
Strength: 6
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 7
Firepower: 9
Skill: 10

Postby partholon » Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:37 pm

ongoing.

dear gods costa, it never ends !

looks like im still going to be getting IDWs minis from now on

hearts of darkness

im kinda piqued by the galvatron mini. the art is definetly different but i dont mind that in small doses and am i being too optimistic in thinking it actually sounds like it might harken back to the ol continuity? ok i know its set after infestation but the NAME has to reference the anti matrix.
partholon
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 2

Return to Transformers Cartoons and Comics Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SENATOR SHOCKWAVE + DATA ORION PAX Transformers Legacy Evolution 2-Pack 2023 New"
SENATOR SHOCKWAVE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "METALHAWK Transformers Legacy Evolution Voyager Hasbro 2023 New"
METALHAWK Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SCOURGE Transformers Legacy Velocitron Speedia 500 RID Leader Hasbro 2022 New"
SCOURGE Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "KICKBACK Transformers Legacy Deluxe G1 Universe Insecticon Hasbro 2022 New"
NEW!
KICKBACK Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SKIDS Transformers Legacy Deluxe G1 Universe Hasbro 2022 New"
NEW!
SKIDS Transformers ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K17 ARCEE Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe 2021 New"
WFC-K17 ARCEE Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TARANTULAS Transformers Legacy Deluxe Predacon Spider Hasbro 2022 New"
TARANTULAS Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K14 AIRAZOR Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe Hasbro 2021 New"
WFC-K14 AIRAZOR Tr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K7 PALEOTREX Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe Hasbro 2020 New"
WFC-K7 PALEOTREX T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SHRAPNEL Transformers Legacy Evolution Deluxe G1 Universe Insecticon 2023 240224"
NEW!
SHRAPNEL Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K28 GALVATRON fixed shoulders Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Leader 2021"
WFC-K28 GALVATRON ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "NIGHTPROWLER Transformers Legacy Deluxe Beast Wars Universe Hasbro 2022 New"
NIGHTPROWLER Trans ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K13 MEGATRON Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Core Hasbro 2021 New"
WFC-K13 MEGATRON T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K23 PREDACON SCORPONOK Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe 2021 New"
WFC-K23 PREDACON S ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Battleslash" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Quintus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Computron Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Titan Class Predaking" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Class Armada Megatron Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Grax and Skullsmasher" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Autobot Stylor and Chromedome" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee – Energon Igniters Power Plus Series Bumblebee" on AMAZON