This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

New images of Transformers United Voyager Megatron

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

New images of Transformers United Voyager Megatron

Postby Dead Metal » Sat Dec 25, 2010 2:04 pm

Motto: "Don't do drugs, beer's cheaper anyway!"
The toy blog "higekumatoytoy" has updated to show us a mini gallery of the upcoming Transformers United Voyager Class Megatron, this also includes a side-by-side with Henkei Megatron.
We have mirrored three images, for the rest just click here.

Jeep! wrote:Why do I imagine Dead Metal sounding exactly like Arnie?
Intah-wib-buls?

Blurrz wrote:10/10

Leave it to Dead Metal to have the word 'Pronz' in his signature.
Dead Metal
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 767

Re: New images of Transformers United Voyager Megatron

Postby Flux Convoy » Sat Dec 25, 2010 2:36 pm

Motto: "Chaos... is coming!..."
While it's nice that the new version isn't so busy, it also makes him look bland. :( I'll stick with Henkei.
:BOT:
Flux Convoy
City Commander
News Credits: 20
Buy from Flux Convoy on eBay

Postby Blurrz » Sat Dec 25, 2010 3:39 pm

Motto: "scream drive faster"
Weapon: Electro-Laser Cannon
Smegexy
Blurrz
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 1452
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 10
Endurance: 6
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 5

Postby Mkall » Sat Dec 25, 2010 3:48 pm

Weapon: Twin Sonic Cannons
I much prefer the Henkei version, but would recommend this one to anyone who didn't already have the Henkei one.

Discord: Mkall#0376

My Collection! Updated Oct 21, 2022
Mkall
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 402
Speed: 6
Firepower: 6
Skill: 10

Postby cannonfodder4000 » Sat Dec 25, 2010 3:57 pm

Motto: "Dey are fools! and dey will dai, like foods!"
Weapon: Right Laser
So basically this one looks better in alt mode, and the old one is better looking in robot mode. :roll:
cannonfodder4000
Gestalt Team Leader
News Credits: 17
Watch cannonfodder4000 on YouTube
Strength: 2
Intelligence: 4
Speed: 1
Endurance: 2
Courage: 3
Firepower: 1
Skill: 2

Postby Shadowstream » Sat Dec 25, 2010 4:01 pm

Weapon: No Weapon
Blurrz wrote:Smegexy

That's the most awkward combination of words I've ever heard... but you're right!
MightyMagnus78 wrote:Nothing Hasbro does surprises me anymore, their ineptitude is legendary!

Burn wrote:
Shadowstream wrote:It's quite clear they dun dropped the ball, but did they have to drop it so far and so hard?

It's FunPub. It's their specialty.

I'm a killjoy, and proud of it!
don't take that to mean I'm a killjoy just because I can be, though...
Shadowstream
Headmaster

Postby grimdragon2001 » Sat Dec 25, 2010 4:53 pm

Motto: "Battle is my addiction."
Weapon: Particle Beam Cannon
he looks a lot better than i thought he would, will definatly have to see if i can get him
grimdragon2001
Godmaster
News Credits: 13
Watch grimdragon2001 on YouTube
Buy from grimdragon2001 on eBay

Postby Skullcrunchberries » Sat Dec 25, 2010 6:40 pm

Motto: "It's time to pull up a groove and get fabulous."
Weapon: Twin Rocket Launchers
Almost looks like a nice KO. Way too bland for me, happy I stuck with my Henkei.

So these three dyslexic men walk into a bra... oh HAHAHA I am so funny
Skullcrunchberries
Headmaster Jr
Speed: 5
Endurance: 10
Courage: 9
Firepower: 6

Postby Stockade » Sat Dec 25, 2010 7:22 pm

Motto: ""Underwater, no one can hear Autobots scream!""
Weapon: Sunami Blaster
Like everyone else said its nice, but at the same time he's is very bland, so ill stick with my Henkie version.

Seacons: Hunt to live, Live to Hunt!
Stockade
Gestalt
News Credits: 2
Strength: 10
Speed: 5
Courage: 10
Firepower: 9
Skill: 7

Postby Midnight_Fox » Sat Dec 25, 2010 8:08 pm

Motto: "The Midnight Fox comes in the night,
always in shadow, never in sight."
Weapon: Switch Blade Tail
I'm going to go ahead and be the odd man out: I much prefer it to the Henkei, glad I waited and got this one.
Midnight_Fox
Godmaster
News Credits: 3
Strength: 6
Speed: 9
Endurance: 7
Courage: 6
Firepower: 3
Skill: 7

Postby Solrac333 » Sat Dec 25, 2010 8:21 pm

MUCH better.
Bah weep granah weep nini bon!
Solrac333
Gestalt
News Credits: 1
Watch Solrac333 on YouTube
Buy from Solrac333 on eBay
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 10+

Postby DevastaTTor » Sat Dec 25, 2010 8:51 pm

I like both, and since I'm without a Decepticon leader, I'll be purchasing ASAP.
Check out my BST Sales Thread HERE!

Equal Opportunity Transforming Robot Collector
DevastaTTor
Gestalt
News Credits: 198

Postby bvzxa » Sat Dec 25, 2010 8:58 pm

Motto: "Power flows to the one who knows how. Desire alone is not enough!!"
Weapon: Fusion Cannon
The head is the best part of the toy. Swap his head with Henkei and you got Megatron. Not dissing it, but the UN version looks like a nice KO. Henkei Megs to me is the best Megatron they could color.
For Transformer reviews go here
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxjhKsyGeEojzF_1gfC9yEg
For video games and transformers blog go here
http://greattransformersandvideogamesblog.blogspot.com/
bvzxa
Godmaster
News Credits: 3
Watch bvzxa on YouTube
Buy from bvzxa on eBay
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 10
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 10

Postby Rated X » Sun Dec 26, 2010 8:24 am

Motto: ""Assumption is the mother of all screw ups.""
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
Im gonna disagree with all of yall. This version is better and more G1 accurate. All that ugly orange crap on the Henkei version was to make the figure "US regulation friendly" since there is no actual hole in the barrel for US Customs to put one of their stupid little orange plugs. (THANK GOD) The other orange paint apps in robot mode are just meant to incorparate orange into the paint scheme as a whole rather than just in gun mode. Takara makes Henkei and United so maybe they feel since they were not asked to paint the tip orange, they could get away with issuing a version without a bunch of orange paint apps.
Rated X
Banned
Strength: 5
Speed: 2
Skill: 8

Postby Dead Metal » Sun Dec 26, 2010 8:39 am

Rated X wrote:Im gonna disagree with all of yall. This version is better and more G1 accurate. All that ugly orange crap on the Henkei version was to make the figure "US regulation friendly" since there is no actual hole in the barrel for US Customs to put one of their stupid little orange plugs. (THANK GOD) The other orange paint apps in robot mode are just meant to incorparate orange into the paint scheme as a whole rather than just in gun mode. Takara makes Henkei and United so maybe they feel since they were not asked to paint the tip orange, they could get away with issuing a version without a bunch of orange paint apps.

What orange? the Henkei has no orange the original US Classics version had orange.
Besides Takara doesn't care for US customers, only for their target market which is Japanese.

Intah-wib-buls?

Dead Metal
God Of Transformers

Postby Jelze Bunnycat » Sun Dec 26, 2010 9:13 am

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
Rated X wrote:Im gonna disagree with all of yall. This version is better and more G1 accurate. All that ugly orange crap on the Henkei version was to make the figure "US regulation friendly" since there is no actual hole in the barrel for US Customs to put one of their stupid little orange plugs. (THANK GOD) The other orange paint apps in robot mode are just meant to incorparate orange into the paint scheme as a whole rather than just in gun mode. Takara makes Henkei and United so maybe they feel since they were not asked to paint the tip orange, they could get away with issuing a version without a bunch of orange paint apps.

Quit talking nonsense. And maybe you should adjust your monitor: Henkei Megatron has RED, not ORANGE all over.
As said before, the orange tip is only one of the conditions a toy gun must have, if they're not banned outright by a certain US State. Other conditions include bright funny colors. Those conditions do not apply to products released in Japan.
The resident Rewind... well, half of one :lol:

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3

Looking for:
- TR Furos (Hardhead's head) and Crashbash (lost him :()
- PotP Punch head
- TR Galvatron right arm (the gun one)
- CW Brake-Neck/UW Wildrider, CW Offroad
- TR Twinferno & Grotusque
- Greenlight, Lancer and PotP Elita-1 (plus repro Victorion hands and feet?)
Jelze Bunnycat
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 241
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8

Postby Rated X » Sun Dec 26, 2010 1:37 pm

Motto: ""Assumption is the mother of all screw ups.""
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
I think my point was misunderstood completely. First of all this mold is supposed to be a modern day re-incarnation of G1 Megatron. Neither red nor Orange has any business being all over the body if this mold is truly made to pay homage to G1 Megatron. And by the looks of the head, legs, and signature arm cannon, that is what the mold designers were shooting for. Now as far as the takara's "bright idea" to use red (my monitor shows orange) Can someone elese please explain where else they got the idea from if it was not inspired by US child safety laws ??? Takara almost always goes with anime paint schemes, so there must be a reason behind the red/orange apps. In my opinion this was inspired by these stupid laws. I think Takara was a little nervous about making Megatron a realistic size gun again when they designed this mold. I think it first came out in 2006 right ??? Along with the MP version, Megatron had not been a gun in almost 20 years. He had been a tank, a plane, and a dinosaur in the 1990's. Takara knew the Masterpiece version would probally only get purchased by collectors due to the high price. But they knew when this classics universe mold came out, kids were gonna get this one. Plus US companies were gonna import the **** out of it, so they added the orange/red to help reduce import issues with US customs strictly as a courtesy. And it was easier for them to make one version than create a special repaint just for import. Especially when the hasbro version would eventually come out and looked even more like a kiddie toy with a purple body, green wings, and a big ugly orange tip on the scope. It looked like a super soaker.

That is my opinion. I challenge anyone to come up with a more logical reason why Takara chose to put red/orange apps on a G1 homage Megatron.

Back to my original point, the united version (also made by takara) simply looks better because the color scheme Screams "G1" in both modes.
Rated X
Banned
Speed: 2
Skill: 8

Postby Jelze Bunnycat » Sun Dec 26, 2010 1:50 pm

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
Rated X wrote:I challenge anyone to come up with a more logican reason why Takara chose to put red/orange apps on a G1 homage Megatron.

Quite simple: red was a staple color of G1 Megatron. It's located on the inside of his legs of the US version. The first Japanese version had blue, but was changed to red for the Good Bye Megatron set.

Just so you know, TakaraTomy only makes products with the Japanese market in mind, it doesn't care about making adjustments for export to the US.
The resident Rewind... well, half of one :lol:

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3

Looking for:
- TR Furos (Hardhead's head) and Crashbash (lost him :()
- PotP Punch head
- TR Galvatron right arm (the gun one)
- CW Brake-Neck/UW Wildrider, CW Offroad
- TR Twinferno & Grotusque
- Greenlight, Lancer and PotP Elita-1 (plus repro Victorion hands and feet?)
Jelze Bunnycat
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 241
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8

Postby Shadowstream » Sun Dec 26, 2010 3:10 pm

Weapon: No Weapon
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:Just so you know, TakaraTomy only makes products with the Japanese market in mind, it doesn't care about making adjustments for export to the US.

Yeah, that's pretty much true. Japan's safety laws regarding toy guns is more lax than in the US, so their choice of paint scheme was their own.

The why's and who's in regards to the Henkei version's paint scheme using a brighter red, and more of it than the United version, is something I'm not sure can be spoken for outside of what they were probably trying to appeal to more at the time.

I think the main reason for the difference between the Henkei and United version has more to do with a shift in attitude in Takara's approach to the Transformers. Note how they're being called Autobots and Decepticons now instead of Cybertrons and Destrons.
MightyMagnus78 wrote:Nothing Hasbro does surprises me anymore, their ineptitude is legendary!

Burn wrote:
Shadowstream wrote:It's quite clear they dun dropped the ball, but did they have to drop it so far and so hard?

It's FunPub. It's their specialty.

I'm a killjoy, and proud of it!
don't take that to mean I'm a killjoy just because I can be, though...
Shadowstream
Headmaster

Postby craggy » Sun Dec 26, 2010 8:28 pm

also Shadowstream, he's called Optimus Prime now instead of Convoy. That's a bit weird.

I think, after careful consideration, that this new United version of Megatron is probably more G1-ish, but he's not different enough to the Henkei version for me to spend the same amount of money again to get him, no with all the other great stuff coming out soon.
assembling a Neo-G1/TF:TM cast. Please PM if you have (or know of) the following at a reasonable price: Classics or Henkei Astrotrain, Sunstreaker, Sideswipe, or 3rd Party iGear Ratchet and Ironhide.
Also looking for Universe Repugnus and Overbite, Frostbite and Longhorn and any Webdiver toys.
craggy
Faction Commander
News Credits: 4

Postby Dead Metal » Mon Dec 27, 2010 3:04 am

Rated X wrote:I think my point was misunderstood completely. First of all this mold is supposed to be a modern day re-incarnation of G1 Megatron. Neither red nor Orange has any business being all over the body if this mold is truly made to pay homage to G1 Megatron. And by the looks of the head, legs, and signature arm cannon, that is what the mold designers were shooting for. Now as far as the takara's "bright idea" to use red (my monitor shows orange) Can someone elese please explain where else they got the idea from if it was not inspired by US child safety laws ??? Takara almost always goes with anime paint schemes, so there must be a reason behind the red/orange apps. In my opinion this was inspired by these stupid laws. I think Takara was a little nervous about making Megatron a realistic size gun again when they designed this mold. I think it first came out in 2006 right ??? Along with the MP version, Megatron had not been a gun in almost 20 years. He had been a tank, a plane, and a dinosaur in the 1990's. Takara knew the Masterpiece version would probally only get purchased by collectors due to the high price. But they knew when this classics universe mold came out, kids were gonna get this one. Plus US companies were gonna import the **** out of it, so they added the orange/red to help reduce import issues with US customs strictly as a courtesy. And it was easier for them to make one version than create a special repaint just for import. Especially when the hasbro version would eventually come out and looked even more like a kiddie toy with a purple body, green wings, and a big ugly orange tip on the scope. It looked like a super soaker.

That is my opinion. I challenge anyone to come up with a more logical reason why Takara chose to put red/orange apps on a G1 homage Megatron.

Back to my original point, the united version (also made by takara) simply looks better because the color scheme Screams "G1" in both modes.

First off, the US version ins Green and white, that was the original Hasbro version, it came out 2 years before the Henkei did. Classics Megatron has those colours due to being an American toy, made for the American market.

The henkei Megatron was released and made by Takara for the Japanese market, which does not have the same strict laws as the American market.

Also where does the red come from?
That's from the cartoon and the original toy.

Also Takara was never nervous to make him a Gun, they've been reissuing the original toy, which FYI turns into a realistic looking realistic sized gun, on a regular basis and they've been making new mold toys based on that design for years now, WST, Choro Q, etc...
Also, the Henkei has red on him, I have the toy and it's red not orange for you information:

Red

Orange

Intah-wib-buls?

Dead Metal
God Of Transformers

Postby funklizard » Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:04 pm

Motto: "Livin' the funk."
Weapon: Stereophonic Sonic Blaster
Well, I wound up with this guy by mistake. I hadn't planned on getting him, as I have the Henkei version.

It was a happy accident. Pictures don't do this guy justice. The metallic paint looks really nice; but even the unpainted gray parts look nicer than the gray plastic on the Henkei version. The red paint on United Megatron could be characterized as a metallic blood red; the red paint on Henkei Megatron does look a bit orangey by comparison.

Ideally, UN-09 would benefit from a few more strategically placed paint apps. He doesn't need more red; but some detail apps like the black lining on Henkei Meg's left arm would have been nice. But for the most part, I think the understatement serves the figure well relative to Henkei Megatron.

So, in all likelihood, I'll be parting with my Henkei Megatron.
funklizard
Fuzor
Buy from funklizard on eBay

Postby trence5 » Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:34 pm

Motto: "I GOT BETTER THINGS TO DO TONIGHT THAN DIE!"
Weapon: Photon Eliminator Rifle
So when will this guy be available? will he be in stores or only available through website ordering

Oh wait - Nevermind :grin: :grin:
trence5
Combiner
Speed: 4
Courage: 6

Postby Blurrz » Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:47 pm

Motto: "scream drive faster"
Weapon: Electro-Laser Cannon
>:oP

Nevermind indeed.
Blurrz
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 1452

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "CRISIS ON INFINITE EARTHS #1 Facsimile Cvr C blank DC Comics 2024 0324DC133 1C"
NEW!
CRISIS ON INFINITE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DETECTIVE COMICS #1069 Cvr D 1:25 DC Comics 2023 DEC222973 1069D (CA) Doran"
DETECTIVE COMICS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ACTION COMICS #1056 Cvr E Superman DC Comics 2023 0423DC052 1056E (CA) Schmidt"
ACTION COMICS #105 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATMAN #412 DC Comics 1987 (CA) Geiger (W) Collins (A) Cockrum 230915A"
BATMAN #412 DC Com ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WONDER WOMAN #750 Extra-Size Spectacular DC Comics 2020 (CA) Jones NOV190399"
WONDER WOMAN #750 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATMAN #140 Cvr D Holiday Card DC Comics 2023 0923DC078 140D (CA) Mora"
BATMAN #140 Cvr D ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATMAN #134 Cvr B DC Comics 2023 0223DC042 134B (W) Zdarsky (CA) Quesada"
BATMAN #134 Cvr B ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Batman LEGENDS OF DARK KNIGHT #17 DC Comics 1991 (CA) Garcia-Lopez 230915A"
Batman LEGENDS OF ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATGIRL #55 DC Comics 2004 (CA) Jean (W) Horrocks (A) Phillips 230915A"
BATGIRL #55 DC Com ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATMAN #135 Cvr D DC Comics 2023 0323DC050 135D LGY #900 (CA) Dell Otto"
BATMAN #135 Cvr D ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "FLASH #796 Cvr C DC Comics 2023 FEB232831 796C (W) Adams (CA) Montanez"
FLASH #796 Cvr C D ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SUPERMAN #1 Cvr M 1:25 DC Comics 2023 DEC222895 1M (CA) Kubert (W) Williamson"
SUPERMAN #1 Cvr M ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SUPERMAN #1 Facsimile DC Comics 2022 ptg 0822DC186 (A/CA) Shuster (W) Siegel"
SUPERMAN #1 Facsim ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATMAN #145 Cvr A DC Comics 2024 0124DC001 145A (A/CA) Jimenez (W) Zdarsky"
NEW!
BATMAN #145 Cvr A ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Sludge" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Nemesis Prime (Amazon Exclusive)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Quintus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Power of the Primes Punch-Counterpunch and Prima Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Deluxe Barricade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece MP-21 Bumble Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Class Battle Core Optimus Prime Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Deluxe Bumblebee" on AMAZON