This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

More 3rd party Targetmasters on the way

Do you love your new Hercules set? Can't get enough of FansProject's items? Upset that you bought a knock off when you thought you were getting an original? Use this forum to tell everyone your thoughts about unlicensed and knock off TF products.

Re: More 3rd party Targetmasters on the way

Postby El Duque » Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:10 pm

Motto: "I ain't got time to bleed!"
Weapon: Gattling Gun
MasterShooter collectibles has updated their facebook page with prototype images of their upcoming MS-01M Mega Gun, a Targetmaster style version of G1 Megatron. This figure along with it's repaint MS-01B Brown King are limited release exclusives to Captured Prey where they are available for preorder.

Product description from Captured Prey:

Mega Gun and Brown King are the debut release of MasterShooter Collectibles! Limited in number and made with the expert help of a fan favorite third party company (who has asked to remain anonymous), these figures will be produced using high quality steel injection molds and durable ABS plastic!

Measuring approximately 2.2 inches tall in robot mode and 3.17 inches in weapon mode, Mega Gun will be cast in color and pre-painted, ready to make any bot in your collection shake a washer loose with fear when this imposing weapon is aimed at them! Articulated shoulders and elbows allow Mega Gun to aim his own weapon as well, making him the perfect scout or assassin. The figures are designed with a stepped 4mm to 5mm peg handle, allowing them to be used by original Targetmaster Transformers, and almost all modern figures, too. And, as a bonus, an adaptor is released that allows Classics Starscream or any later version of his mold to carry Mega Gun along with their own weapon under the wing!

Mega Gun will be limited to 500 pieces, or produced to meet demand if more pre-orders are received. This item is currently estimated for release early in the second quarter of 2011.

El Duque
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 5749

Postby Fires_Of_Inferno » Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:34 pm

Motto: "Small things aren't worth being mad over."
Weapon: Venom Blaster
I really would have preferred that they used Classics Megatron, we already have lots of little G1 Megatrons, from that first target masters style Megatron to the Legends class Megatron, and I thought there was another but I can't remember. Still, I'd like a little Classics Megatron, even if it's just his weapon mode, I'd be fine with that.
TheLocalBard! My Twitter account: https://twitter.com/TheLocalBard

Groovy
Fires_Of_Inferno
City Commander
News Credits: 18
Alt Mode: Transmetal Insect and Helicopter
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 3
Endurance: 9
Courage: 7
Firepower: 3
Skill: 7

Postby Lord Onixprime » Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:11 am

Fires_Of_Inferno wrote:I really would have preferred that they used Classics Megatron, we already have lots of little G1 Megatrons, from that first target masters style Megatron to the Legends class Megatron, and I thought there was another but I can't remember. Still, I'd like a little Classics Megatron, even if it's just his weapon mode, I'd be fine with that.

Been done. Some third party a while back released an accessory scaled to clasics Starscream of Clasics Megatron's gun mode.
Lord Onixprime
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 1

Postby waaaaghlord » Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:29 am

Lord Onixprime wrote:
Fires_Of_Inferno wrote:I really would have preferred that they used Classics Megatron, we already have lots of little G1 Megatrons, from that first target masters style Megatron to the Legends class Megatron, and I thought there was another but I can't remember. Still, I'd like a little Classics Megatron, even if it's just his weapon mode, I'd be fine with that.

Been done. Some third party a while back released an accessory scaled to clasics Starscream of Clasics Megatron's gun mode.

Actually no they didn't. Fan's Project showed prototypes for a mini Megs gun in Classics and Henkei colours a couple of years ago but they never went into production and they have said that they won't be making them for release.

Seriously considering putting in a preorder for one of these. As long as we've got the site owner's attention can I ask if you ship internationally, specifically to the UK?
waaaaghlord
Gestalt
News Credits: 7

Postby NemesisMonkeySupreme » Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:32 am

Motto: "Peace through tyranny… or obliteration. Whichever is quicker."
Weapon: High Energy MASER Cannons
Glad this was updated with new pics cuz otherwise I'd never have known about this thread.

Pre-order complete. :CON:
:CON: To unleash the Warrior within, tame the Beast without. :CON:
NemesisMonkeySupreme
Vehicon
News Credits: 2
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 6

Postby Mykltron » Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:58 am

Motto: "If I win again I'm still the champion. If you win HAH! that's just impossible.

Weapon: tea cup."
Nice gun mode. How cute. I may have been interested if it had more ball joints.

Why not take a look at My TF Repaints? Updated 23rd January 2015
Mykltron
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 9

Postby Blackstreak » Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:21 am

Motto: ""I'm stronger than I look, but not as strong as I think I am.""
Weapon: Laser Rifle
That's really not a bad option for those of you who wanted a miniaturized Walther P-38 to mimic Megatron's smaller alt mode. I would probably order only one myself.

# of Transformers in collection: 332
Looking for 1985 Action Cards
Blackstreak
Godmaster
Watch Blackstreak on YouTube
Buy from Blackstreak on eBay
Alt Mode: Datsun 280 ZX or Dodge Viper
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 5
Speed: 9
Endurance: 7
Courage: 9
Firepower: 9
Skill: 8

Postby Fires_Of_Inferno » Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:57 am

Motto: "Small things aren't worth being mad over."
Weapon: Venom Blaster
Mykltron wrote:Nice gun mode. How cute. I may have been interested if it had more ball joints.

I got your ball joints RIGHT HERE buddy! :KREMZEEK:
TheLocalBard! My Twitter account: https://twitter.com/TheLocalBard

Groovy
Fires_Of_Inferno
City Commander
News Credits: 18
Alt Mode: Transmetal Insect and Helicopter
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 3
Endurance: 9
Firepower: 3

Postby Sidecutter » Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:19 am

waaaaghlord wrote:Seriously considering putting in a pre-order for one of these. As long as we've got the site owner's attention can I ask if you ship internationally, specifically to the UK?

You certainly can, and I certainly do. :D Shipping is available to anywhere the United States Postal Service ships. First Class Mail would be the correct option to pick for these internationally. Unless you really, really want it to deliver within a week, give or take, then you could pick a Priority option.
Sidecutter
Mini-Con
News Credits: 3

Postby CaSSeTteBOTs45 » Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:34 am

Motto: ""First we crack the shell, then we crack the nuts inside!""
Weapon: Fusion Cannon
Despite all the negativity about it, I think this is a great idea! Even if it isn't the best molded targetmaster, and it doesn't look quite like G1 Megatron in the gun mode, its still in the spirit of the old targetmasters. I would consider getting this if it were a reasonable price... and display it with my G1 Soundwave!! :D

:CON:
CaSSeTteBOTs45
Mini-Con
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 10
Courage: 4
Skill: 5

Postby Sidecutter » Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:51 am

CaSSeTteBOTs45 wrote:Despite all the negativity about it, I think this is a great idea! Even if it isn't the best molded targetmaster, and it doesn't look quite like G1 Megatron in the gun mode, its still in the spirit of the old targetmasters. I would consider getting this if it were a reasonable price... and display it with my G1 Soundwave!! :D

Hm. Not sure if you already knew, but these have been up for pre-order for some time. Pricing is $18 for one, or $35 for both (and believe me, there's not any huge padding in there, I know what these are costing to be made, nor am I making any large amount on them). Production run is limited to 500 of each figure.

http://tinyurl.com/CPMGAGUN
Last edited by Sidecutter on Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sidecutter
Mini-Con

Postby CaSSeTteBOTs45 » Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:55 am

Motto: ""First we crack the shell, then we crack the nuts inside!""
Weapon: Fusion Cannon
Sidecutter wrote:
CaSSeTteBOTs45 wrote:Despite all the negativity about it, I think this is a great idea! Even if it isn't the best molded targetmaster, and it doesn't look quite like G1 Megatron in the gun mode, its still in the spirit of the old targetmasters. I would consider getting this if it were a reasonable price... and display it with my G1 Soundwave!! :D

Hm. Not sure if you already knew, but these have been up for pre-order for some time. Pricing is $18 for one, or $35 for both (and believe me, there's not any huge padding in there, I know what these are costing to be made, nor am I making any large amount on them). Production run is limited to 500 of each figure.

Thanks! I don't know... he's about the same price as my BTS 03 set, but he's also probably better quality plastic, so I may preorder him. :D
CaSSeTteBOTs45
Mini-Con
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 10
Courage: 4
Skill: 5

Postby Lord Onixprime » Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:25 am

waaaaghlord wrote:
Lord Onixprime wrote:

Actually no they didn't. Fan's Project showed prototypes for a mini Megs gun in Classics and Henkei colours a couple of years ago but they never went into production and they have said that they won't be making them for release.

Seriously considering putting in a preorder for one of these. As long as we've got the site owner's attention can I ask if you ship internationally, specifically to the UK?

Hmm, wasn't aware of that.
Lord Onixprime
Headmaster Jr

Postby NatsumeRyu » Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:26 am

Motto: ""'Camshaft' See, they said my name!""
Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
I hope there are some left for Botcon! :) I remember fiddling with the prototype in person and he was just a fun little guy. Looking forward to it. ;)
I take commissions!
2014-Officer Vi-Senketsu & Junketsu-Silver Knight-Origami Cyclone
13-Terminus Armor-Megaman-Lord Death-Tali
12-WfC Brawl-Gurren Lagann-Doc
11-Reaper Conduit-Rampage
<10-Brawl-Camshaft-Jazz-Blackout-Starscream-Bumblebee
NatsumeRyu
Combiner
Buy from NatsumeRyu on eBay
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 2
Endurance: 3
Courage: 10
Firepower: 6

Postby Prime Evil » Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:10 am

Motto: "No Good Deed Goes Unpunished"
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
I may pick up a Browning. I don't need a mini megs. I always have room for Targetmasters. (I know, Browning was never a Targetmaster)
facebook
PSN:Kalibr3Fyre
Transfandom's resident Junglist
Botcon Twitter re: Botcon 2012, "This set is not TFA" :D

Fans Project- Highly Recommend any and all products
Hasbro- Need more Generations toys peas
HeadRobots- Awesome, looking fwd to more good products
Perfect Effect- OK, looking fwd to more lil bots.
Prime Evil
Godmaster
News Credits: 23
Strength: 8
Endurance: 8
Courage: 10
Firepower: 7

Postby rpetras » Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:14 pm

Motto: "Know your enemy, then crush them."
Weapon: Gatling Cannon
OK, I threw in for them.

I like target masters, and I like mini-megatrons.
For Sale:
Classics Magnus/Skywarp 2 pack MIB
Classics Devastator MIP
HA Sideswipe K-Mart exclusive color Loose

Currently looking for:
ROTF Target exclusive Sideswipe from the 2-pack
TFCC Punch/Counterpunch
Alternity Primes, silver & white versions
(opened is OK, to be used for customs)

PM If interested
rpetras
City Commander
Strength: 9
Speed: 4
Firepower: 8
Skill: 10

Postby sancho's revenge » Tue Apr 19, 2011 11:48 pm

Rated X wrote:"Brown King" LMAO !!!

He's a turd !!!

These figures are really wack...

About as "wack" as those knock off seekers you got there.

Brownking will be a cool addition to my Classics collection.
sancho's revenge
Micromaster

Postby Doctor McGrath » Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:30 am

Motto: "This is quick but not quite painless.."
Weapon: Semi-Automatic Glue Gun
El Duque wrote:What I don't understand is why they insist on making existing main characters into Targetmasters instead of just making the original G1 Targetmasters partners. I can kind of understand Megatron, he does after all turn into a gun, but I don't really need a Starscream that turns into a gun.

I'm on this train.
El Duque wrote:Quite a firestorm I started here :michaelbay:
Doctor McGrath
Gestalt
News Credits: 5
Buy from Doctor McGrath on eBay
Strength: 7
Firepower: 7
Skill: 8

Postby Sidecutter » Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:39 am

amcgrath929 wrote:
El Duque wrote:What I don't understand is why they insist on making existing main characters into Targetmasters instead of just making the original G1 Targetmasters partners. I can kind of understand Megatron, he does after all turn into a gun, but I don't really need a Starscream that turns into a gun.

I'm on this train.

Honestly, I agree. I'm not a fan of the Targetroids for this reason, since three of the four make no sense to me. Likewise, I'm not big on the Prime and Soundwave headmasters (I'd be more for them if it wasn't clearly Prime and Soundwave turning into their own heads). In this case, I think Megatron is at least a sensible choice. And if this product does well, I suspect a lot of people will see their wishes for Targetmasters to go with Classics toys like Kup, Scourge, etc. fulfilled.
Sidecutter
Mini-Con

Postby Mkall » Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:09 pm

Weapon: Twin Sonic Cannons
At first I passed on this idea, then I decided to go for it. I'll support these guys in the hopes that more targetmasters get made in the future.

Discord: Mkall#0376

My Collection! Updated Oct 21, 2022
Mkall
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 402
Strength: 7
Speed: 6
Endurance: 6
Courage: 8
Firepower: 6
Skill: 10

Postby El Duque » Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:14 pm

Sidecutter wrote:
amcgrath929 wrote:

I'm on this train.

Honestly, I agree. I'm not a fan of the Targetroids for this reason, since three of the four make no sense to me. Likewise, I'm not big on the Prime and Soundwave headmasters (I'd be more for them if it wasn't clearly Prime and Soundwave turning into their own heads). In this case, I think Megatron is at least a sensible choice. And if this product does well, I suspect a lot of people will see their wishes for Targetmasters to go with Classics toys like Kup, Scourge, etc. fulfilled.

Okay, you convinced me. Preordered both!
El Duque
Matrix Keeper

Postby El Duque » Thu May 05, 2011 6:54 am

YouTube reviewer extraordinaire peaugh has uploaded a video of Mastershooter Collectibles: MS-01 MEGA-GUN. This third party item is an exclusive to online retailer Captured Prey. The review is embedded below.

El Duque
Matrix Keeper

Postby juxtapose519 » Thu May 05, 2011 8:09 am

Motto: "Jux: Superior"
Weapon: Arm-Mounted Magnetic-Lock Destabilizer Cannon
It's neat, but I wouldn't call it $18 neat. Then again, it might just be cause I'm cheap and broke.

It's a little big for my preference too. If it was two thirds the size and $10-12, I'd be all over it.
Skywarp for president.
juxtapose519
Minibot
Speed: 7
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10+

Postby Sidecutter » Thu May 05, 2011 8:23 am

juxtapose519 wrote:It's neat, but I wouldn't call it $18 neat. Then again, it might just be cause I'm cheap and broke.

It's a little big for my preference too. If it was two thirds the size and $10-12, I'd be all over it.

Unfortunately, if it was 2/3 the size, it wouldn't be able to have much articulation at all! It also wouldn't fit in perfectly alongside a lineup of original Targetmasters (or the newer Universe 2.0 Nightstick that came with Cyclonus).
Sidecutter
Mini-Con

Postby Varia31 » Thu May 05, 2011 8:59 am

Motto: "So long as a noble warrior lives, he must never give up the fight until his final breath."
Weapon: Energo-Sword
Aww, Megs is so cute as he violently blasts Autobots into shrapnel! ^^ lol Anyway, neat little Megatron here. :) And that adapter piece that goes on Screamer's wing? Come on, I mean, this set was so OBVIOUSLY made for the glory of Starscream! :twisted:

And Megatron... :-$
Varia31
Vehicon
Watch Varia31 on YouTube
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 10
Courage: 10+
Skill: 9

PreviousNext

Return to Unlicensed and KO Transformers Toys

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #3 Cvr E 1:50 Image Comics 2023 JUN230379 3E (CA) Clarke (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #3 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "COBRA COMMANDER #2 Cvr A Image Comics 2024 2A 1223IM259 (CA) Milana + Leoni"
COBRA COMMANDER #2 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "COBRA COMMANDER #4 Cvr B Image Comics 2024 4B 0224IM256 (CA) Bressan + Lucas"
NEW!
COBRA COMMANDER #4 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE Real American Hero #299 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2022 299RI (CA) Royle 231010M"
GI JOE Real Americ ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE AND THE TRANSFORMERS #2 Marvel Comics 1987 (CA) Trimpe 230915J"
GI JOE AND THE TRA ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE #10 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2020 APR200705 10RI (CA) Tinto (A)Walter (W) Allor"
GI JOE #10 RI 1:10 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #1 2nd ptg Cvr A Image Comics 2023 APR239177 (CA) Howard (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #1 2nd ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #4 Cvr D 1:25 Image Comics 2023 0723IM409 4D (CA) Darboe (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #4 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DUKE #1 Cvr G blank sketch Image Comics 2023 1G GI JOE 1023IM265 (W) WIlliamson"
DUKE #1 Cvr G blan ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "COBRA COMMANDER #4 Cvr A Image Comics 2024 4A 0224IM255 (CA) Milana + Leoni"
NEW!
COBRA COMMANDER #4 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DUKE #3 Cvr D 1:25 Image Comics 2024 3D GI JOE 1223IM274 (CA) Petraites + Martin"
NEW!
DUKE #3 Cvr D 1:25 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #7 Cvr E 1:50 Image Comics 2024 0124IM330 7E (CA) Walta (W) Kirkman"
NEW!
VOID RIVALS #7 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS Vol 01 TP Image Comics 2024 1223IM247 TPB (CA) De Felici (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS Vol 01 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #1 7th ptg Image Comics 2024 0124IM896 (CA) Di Nicuolo (W) Kirkman"
NEW!
VOID RIVALS #1 7th ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Roadtrap" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Tailgate" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Blackwing" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Sludge" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Cindersaur" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Skrapnel" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars - MEGATRON Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Movie Anniversary Edition Optimus Prime (Amazon Exclusive)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Voyager Class Broadside and Blunderbuss" on AMAZON