This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

More treats from the Hasbro Briefing Binder

Discuss anything about the Transformers cartoons and comics! You can discuss anything from G1 to Cybertron as well as the comics from Marvel, Dreamwave, IDW and more!

More treats from the Hasbro Briefing Binder

Postby Dead Metal » Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:27 am

Motto: "Don't do drugs, beer's cheaper anyway!"
Jim Sorenson has updated his blog, Disciples of Boltax, for the last time with material from the Hasbro Briefing Binder.
We have mirrored the post minus the images, to visit the original post click here and to download the Briefing Binder click here.

As promised, the last part of the Hasbro Briefing Binder. These pages were loose and in the front of the binder.

The most interesting bits here are the more finalized character model for Chip Chase, which I featured yesterday on the blog as an Ark Addendum, and a section on the 1985 products coming down the pike. In addition to the usual suspects, four (yup, four) Dinobots, Shockwave, Insecticons, Constructicons, etc, we get the following:

DELUXE VEHICLES (No information as yet)
Tank
Helicopter
Jeep

BATTERY OPERATED VEHICLES
4 Wheel Drive
Remote Control Jeep

The Helicopter and Jeep became Roadbuster and Whirl, from the SPECIAL ARMORED BATALLION DORVACK line. Presumably, then, that would make the tank the VT-61 LC Bonaparte Tulcas. It's a pretty funky looking vehicle, so it's not hard to imagine why they left it off.

As for the 4 Wheel Drive and the Remote Control Jeep, your guess is as good as mine. Do we know more about the company behind this? I feel like I've heard this before. Perhaps there's some extra information in here that can give us more insight into the Transformers toys that weren't. Surely they were developed by some other company and (nearly) licensed.

Anyway, that concludes the Hasbro Briefing Binder. I'll do my best to bring you more next week. Until then, adieu.

Jeep! wrote:Why do I imagine Dead Metal sounding exactly like Arnie?
Intah-wib-buls?

Blurrz wrote:10/10

Leave it to Dead Metal to have the word 'Pronz' in his signature.
Dead Metal
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 767

Re: More treats from the Hasbro Briefing Binder

Postby T-Macksimus » Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:06 pm

I'm curious to see if the Battery operated vehicles are the ones that I have. I have a vehicle VERY similar to Trailbreaker in his truck mode. Almost exact same style and identical paintjob. Easy to transform and when you stand him up and flip the switch on his back he walks all by himself. I also have an R/C van (not wireless) in the same vehicle style as Ironhide/Ratchet, but in Trailbreakers paint scheme, that transforms on its own when you toggle one of the remotes levers. Very simplistic. Neither one of them is accessible right now or I would check them to see which company/companies manufactured them. It would not surprise me at all to find out that these items were discarded Hasbro ideas picked up by someone else.
"That which does not kill me...had better run pretty damn fast!"
T-Macksimus
Gestalt
News Credits: 1

Postby GuyIncognito » Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:16 pm

Can someone explain what this is? IS this referring to new products coming out, or is this old information from 1985?
GuyIncognito
Faction Commander
News Credits: 12
Buy from GuyIncognito on eBay

Postby Dead Metal » Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:21 pm

Motto: "Don't do drugs, beer's cheaper anyway!"
GuyIncognito wrote:Can someone explain what this is? IS this referring to new products coming out, or is this old information from 1985?

This is old stuff from 85.

Jeep! wrote:Why do I imagine Dead Metal sounding exactly like Arnie?
Intah-wib-buls?

Blurrz wrote:10/10

Leave it to Dead Metal to have the word 'Pronz' in his signature.
Dead Metal
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 767

Postby Black Bumblebee » Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:31 pm

My guess is that the remote control vehicles are either these:

http://www.tfu.info/1985/Autobot/Eletri ... sporte.htm

or these: http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Pick-Up_%28Bat-Rob%C3%B4%29

Both were released in South America as official Transformer characters.
Visit http://www.youtube.com/user/Pepsimus to see the latest episodes of The War Within animated, adapted from the comic of the same name. Episodes 1 & 2 complete!
Black Bumblebee
Pretender
News Credits: 2
Buy from Black Bumblebee on eBay

Postby Dai_Ceefax » Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:52 pm

Motto: ""A fanatic is one who redoubles his effort when he has forgotten his aim.""
Weapon: Semi-Automatic Sonic Boomer Gun
Black Bumblebee wrote:My guess is that the remote control vehicles are either these:

I'm reckoning it's the Estrela Eletrix Jipe/Jeep rather than the Esporte - but I was thinking the same thing B_B!

Here's a link for some info on the whole range:
http://www.toyarchive.com/Transformers/ ... etrix.html

EDIT:
Ah, the Tulcas, love that stumpy little fella!
Looking for:
Guardian Powered
Cybertron Backblast
BWII/Telemocha Jointrons esp. BWII DJ
PM me if you can help!
Dai_Ceefax
Minibot
Strength: ???
Intelligence: ???
Speed: ???
Endurance: ???
Courage: ???
Firepower: ???
Skill: ???

Postby amtm » Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:49 pm

Motto: "I'd've written a shorter post, but I didn't have the time."
Weapon: Sonic Boomer Laser
"he is prone to numerous mechanical failures as the bugs in his system are worked out"

So apparently as stupid as the ROTF treatment of Jetfire was, it had a precedent in 1984.

And although I can't make it out, I'm guessing what's crossed out so many times under "JETfire" is "Skyfire."

Interesting stuff on the Constructicons and Insecticons, too. Had no idea what a LAMELLICORN was or that Shrapnel was one.

Which autobot does "Wrecker" refer to?
For sale: My entire Transformers and third-party collection. Includes Masterpiece, Generations, Universe, Movie, Prime, Armada/Energon/Cybertron, G1, G2, a few Japanese imports, etc. Many never opened, the rest displayed in enclosed display cases to keep the dust off. A few ads on Craigslist/OfferUp for DC/MD/VA locals, will post on boards or ebay when I have time.
amtm
Vehicon
Buy from amtm on eBay
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 9
Courage: 2
Firepower: 2
Skill: 5

Postby T-Macksimus » Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:06 am

Dai_Ceefax wrote:
Black Bumblebee wrote:My guess is that the remote control vehicles are either these:

I'm reckoning it's the Estrela Eletrix Jipe/Jeep rather than the Esporte - but I was thinking the same thing B_B!

Here's a link for some info on the whole range:
http://www.toyarchive.com/Transformers/ ... etrix.html

EDIT:
Ah, the Tulcas, love that stumpy little fella!

Checked out all the links, including the ones provided on the websites that would lead to "knock-off" and the R/C van that I have, while operating on the same principle as these little guys, is considerably bigger. Likewise, I found nothing that resembled the walking Trailbreaker-like truck that I have either. This leaves me with the dilemma of either starting the arduous task of hunting pictures of them down on the 'Net or having to go out to my storage and dig out the box they are in and photographing them. Given the fact that it's raining, I guess I'll be web surfing for a while...
"That which does not kill me...had better run pretty damn fast!"
T-Macksimus
Gestalt
News Credits: 1

Return to Transformers Cartoons and Comics Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BWVS-03 CHEETOR + WASPINATOR Transformers Beast Wars Again Kingdom Hasbro 2024"
BWVS-03 CHEETOR + ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "FRENZY (RED) Transformers Studio Series 86 SS-115 Core Takara Tomy 2024 New"
NEW!
FRENZY (RED) Trans ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K33 SLAMMER Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe Hasbro 2022 New"
NEW!
WFC-K33 SLAMMER Tr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "KUP Transformers Studio Series 86-02 Animated Movie Deluxe Hasbro 2021 New"
KUP Transformers S ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SCRAPHEAP Transformers Studio Series 86-24 Animated Movie Voyager 2024 New"
SCRAPHEAP Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "CORONATION STARSCREAM Transformers Studio Series 86-12 Leader 2022 King 220907A"
CORONATION STARSCR ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K27 RHINOX Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Voyager Hasbro 2021 New"
WFC-K27 RHINOX Tra ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K17 ARCEE Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe 2021 New"
WFC-K17 ARCEE Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-E2 SMASHDOWN Transformers War for Cybertron Earthrise Battle Master 2020 New"
WFC-E2 SMASHDOWN T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-E17 ARCEE Transformers War for Cybertron Earthrise Deluxe Hasbro 2020 New"
WFC-E17 ARCEE Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DINOBOT SLUDGE Transformers Studio Series 86-15 Movie Leader Hasbro 2022 New"
DINOBOT SLUDGE Tra ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-E1 SOUNDBARRIER Transformers War Cybertron Earthrise Battle Master 2020 New"
WFC-E1 SOUNDBARRIE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BWVS-04 TIGATRON + BLACKARACHNIA Transformers Beast Wars Again Kingdom Hasbro"
BWVS-04 TIGATRON + ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-E15 RACE TRACK PATROL Transformers Earthrise Micromasters Hasbro 2020 New"
NEW!
WFC-E15 RACE TRACK ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Barricade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 09 Voyager Class Movie 2 Thundercracker" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Blackwing" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Moonracer" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Cutthroat" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Outback" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee Movie Toys, Power Charge Bumblebee Action Figure - Spinning Core, Lights and Sounds - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 10.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Protectobot Streetwise Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Robots in Disguise Combiner Force Team Combiner Menasor, 8.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Autobot Drift Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Leader Dragonstorm Combiner" on AMAZON