This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Crave News 1-7-2011: Try a Better Way to Buy & Sell Transformers in 2011

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Crave News 1-7-2011: Try a Better Way to Buy & Sell Transformers in 2011

Postby Red Convoy » Fri Jan 07, 2011 7:19 pm

Motto: ""One shall stand, one shall fall.""
Weapon: Battle Blades
Image Image Image

Happy New Year Seibertronians!

How was your TF haul this season?
We hope you got all the TFs on your Xmas list. If you are still craving that TF you didn’t get or are starting to collect a new series, check out some of the latest listings on Crave . The sellers on Crave offer vintage Transformers from Hasbro & Takara as well as some newer ones that can be harder to find in stores.

Ramping up the eBay alternative that is designed for fans like you
In case you missed our first newsletter Introducing Our Transformers Marketplace in December, Crave is a new Tranformers-dedicated marketplace where fans can buy & sell with each other. We’re here to serve the fan community and make it easier to find what’s on your want list.

A few of the things we do differently than the other marketplaces today:
    - Fan-created catalog & checklists of every Transformer released by Hasbro & Takara
    - Easy to buy and sell
    - Secure for buyers & sellers because Crave is in the middle of the transaction
    - Selling is free!
Bonus -- If what you want isn’t currently for sale, add it to your want list on Crave & we’ll notify you when it gets put up for sale.

Here’s what some of our 50,000 fans are saying:

"My first purchase on Crave was great! I really like the safeguard methods in place to protect buyers, so I was 100% confident when I placed my purchase. I will definitely be using Crave again in the future." - Hugo Flores (anubis20)

"I can't think of any improvements I'd make. I've made 2 purchases already and was an easy & reliable process. I've got my eye on my next purchase already."-Joseph Shivak

“Selling on Crave is the easiest online transaction I've ever done. They pay close attention to every sale and purchase, track the shipments to ensure timely delivery, and make sure that both parties are completely satisfied with each transaction. The money transfer is smooth and secure. What more can you ask for?” –Brandt Gibson

“On Crave I know there is a market for the items I want to sell; it takes the best elements of eBay and improves upon them which I thought was almost impossible! Plus it doesn't cost anything to use it.” –Jason Pacenski

January marks the end of our 2nd month with the marketplace live!
The Crave community began developing the catalog back in June, but we just launched the marketplace in November. Thanks to fan like you, listings are growing each day, so check out the wide selection of Transformers that Crave sellers have to offer.
A sample of series for sale on Crave:
1.Generation 1
2.Classics
3.Animated
4.Generations
5.Takara Henkei
6.Takara Binaltech
7.Takara Label Series
8.Takara Encore
9.Beast Era

And many more! If you have TFs to sell, come see how easy it is on Crave: click here for seller info.

A sampling of current listings on Crave

Hosehead
For sale by Jason Pacenski
Series: Generation 1, G1 1988
Condition: Loose – Complete
Quality: Near Mint
Price: $65.00 (includes shipping)

Bumblebee
For sale by Craig Chappell
Series: Classics, Deluxe
Condition: Loose – Complete
Quality: Fine
Price: $14.99

Hardhead
For sale by David Walton
Series: Classics 2.0 - Universe
Condition: Packaged - Sealed
Quality: Mint
Price: $45.00

Grimlock
For sale by Michael Dworkis
Series: Animated, Voyager
Price: $25.00

Masterpiece Grimlock
For sale by Tom Jones
Series: Generation 1, Masterpiece
Condition: Packaged - Opened - Complete
Price: $140.00 (includes shipping)

Terradive
For sale by Joey Wagh
Series: Unicron Trilogy, Energon
Price: $20.00

We got lots of helpful feedback on our first post, so please keep it coming. Visit our Feedback tab on the site or email us (info@crave.com) with your suggestions.

You can also join 50,000 fellow Transformers fans where you can speak your mind on our Facebook page! http://www.facebook.com/cravetransformers
Join today and you’ll be entered to win one of our Transformers giveaways.

Happy New Year!
Erin & Kabe, Crave founders
Image Image
I'm the co-founder of Crave (www.crave.com), the Transformers marketplace for fans by fans. Come check out the site and see the wide selection of TFs from fans like you.
Red Convoy
Mini-Con
News Credits: 2
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 5
Endurance: Infinity
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 9

Re: Crave News 1-7-2011: Try a Better Way to Buy & Sell Transformers in 2011

Postby griftimus prime » Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:42 am

Motto: "you will have no freedom. whether you are sentient or not."
Weapon: 16 Cannons
this will never get off the ground.

ridiculous prices.

wfc bumblebee for 20 dollars on the front page. a figure you can find anywhere for half the price.

i will keep using ebay if i need to .
griftimus prime
Brainmaster
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 10+

Postby Wheeljack35 » Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:52 am

Oh wow this was the announcement that Crave was talking about?

Actually griftimus they have gotten off the ground ,A few of my FB friends have already used this

It's weird to see Erin's picture on these boards
Wheeljack35
City Commander
News Credits: 26
Watch Wheeljack35 on YouTube

Postby Rated X » Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:22 am

Motto: ""Assumption is the mother of all screw ups.""
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
When you see some of these prices you just wanna reach out and slap sombody and be like "are you really serious" ??? When they say $140 bucks for MP Grimlock, are they refering to the 75 dollar TRU version ???
Rated X
Banned
Speed: 2
Endurance: 10
Skill: 8

Postby Counterpunch » Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:43 am

Motto: "Everything I do is divinely sanctioned."
Weapon: Jawbreaker Cannon
griftimus prime wrote:this will never get off the ground.

ridiculous prices.

wfc bumblebee for 20 dollars on the front page. a figure you can find anywhere for half the price.

Because people don't post ridiculous prices on eBay? What?

Crave is a way for people to list their own items and set their prices. It seems like a decent idea honestly.

I will say that I've had a script crash on each of my visits though. That needs to be fixed.
Counterpunch
Podcast Host
News Credits: 125
Strength: 6
Speed: 6
Endurance: 5
Courage: 9
Firepower: 4
Skill: 7

Postby dragons » Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:57 am

griftimus prime wrote:
this will never get off the ground.

ridiculous prices.

Because people don't post ridiculous prices on eBay? What?

Crave is a way for people to list their own items and set their prices. It seems like a decent idea honestly.

I will say that I've had a script crash on each of my visits though. That needs to be fixed.

:lol: dont get me started on this topic thanks for sharing ill be crave first what i dont find on there i go on ebay fortress maximus, scorponk, trypticon, or any g1 combiners is example for ebay prices to rocket up in price when item itself is incomplete, or broken
dragons
Gestalt
News Credits: 21

Postby LOST Cybertronian » Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:12 am

Motto: "I've looked into the eye of this island and what I saw was...beautiful"
Weapon: Double-Barreled, Armor-Piercing Particle Beam Cann...
I've heard about people getting pretty decent deals. Have not found any myself. You get outrages prices for Transformers no matter where you look. Whether it be ebay, amazon, or anywhere else where somebody thinks they can get an extra buck.
-Kanrabat- wrote:YEah, too many Transformers are in a serious need of a good rim job.

Blast Cannon wrote:This thread is brilliant. Duragrip you are a gloriously weird sexual deviant and I love it.
LOST Cybertronian
Faction Commander
News Credits: 1235
Buy from LOST Cybertronian on eBay

Postby Blackstreak » Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:30 am

Motto: ""I'm stronger than I look, but not as strong as I think I am.""
Weapon: Laser Rifle
I'd like to do that but I don't want to join Facebook to do it. That's the sucky part of Crave- you have to join Facebook cuz that's the login and password it asks for. Well, it did for me anyways.

# of Transformers in collection: 332
Looking for 1985 Action Cards
Blackstreak
Godmaster
News Credits: 1
Watch Blackstreak on YouTube
Buy from Blackstreak on eBay
Alt Mode: Datsun 280 ZX or Dodge Viper
Intelligence: 5
Speed: 9
Endurance: 7
Firepower: 9

Postby Starscream5150 » Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:06 pm

Weapon: Air-To-Ground Missiles
Addressing Rated X's concern, it appears that the names of the toys are stock photos, but when you click on the actual listings, the sale photos are there. The MP Grimlock for $140 is the Japanese version, even though the stock photo is Hasbro. There's a hasbro version for $70 within that listing which is a little much, but the price will come down if nobody is willing to pay it.
Starscream5150
Mini-Con
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 10
Endurance: 2
Courage: 7
Skill: 10+

Postby Stormrider » Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:48 pm

Weapon: Atom-Smasher Cannon
I would like to know more details. Is this a Facebook service? How does this site make the transaction safer than eBay?
Stormrider
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 409

Postby Red Convoy » Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:20 pm

Hi Counterpunch, thanks for reporting your bug. Please message me with the details of your browser/OS and the steps that lead to the script crash so we can reproduce the issue and see what's causing it.
I'm the co-founder of Crave (www.crave.com), the Transformers marketplace for fans by fans. Come check out the site and see the wide selection of TFs from fans like you.
Red Convoy
Mini-Con

Postby Red Convoy » Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:31 pm

Hi Stormrider,
Crave (www.crave.com) is a TF marketplace website integrated with Facebook. That means that members sign-in using their Facebook accounts. We set it up this way because it promotes trust when you are dealing with a real person and can see if you have friends in common or who have purchased from them.
The site is more secure because Crave is in the middle of the transaction, similar to Amazon. The buyer pays Crave at purchase, then the seller delivers the item with shipping tracking (required). There is a two day period for the buyer to notify us if the item is not 'as described' then the transaction closes and the seller gets paid by Crave.
Let me know if you have more questions.
Red Convoy
Mini-Con

Postby Rated X » Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:45 pm

Motto: ""Assumption is the mother of all screw ups.""
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
Red Convoy wrote:Hi Stormrider,
Crave (http://www.crave.com) is a TF marketplace website integrated with Facebook. That means that members sign-in using their Facebook accounts. We set it up this way because it promotes trust when you are dealing with a real person and can see if you have friends in common or who have purchased from them.
The site is more secure because Crave is in the middle of the transaction, similar to Amazon. The buyer pays Crave at purchase, then the seller delivers the item with shipping tracking (required). There is a two day period for the buyer to notify us if the item is not 'as described' then the transaction closes and the seller gets paid by Crave.

OK I can see a Japanese version of MP Grimlock going for $140. (Even though the TRU version is virtually the same thing without the corny apron)

On to my next question :

Whats up with this facebook crap ??? What does facebook have to do with buying transformers ??? Why do they force you to join a social network to buy stuff ??? And in my opinion, facebook sucks anyway. I prefer myspace any day.
Rated X
Banned
Speed: 2
Endurance: 10

Postby Quaternion » Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:30 pm

Weapon: Dual Impact Maces
I am very interested in this service, but my TF addiction is not something that I want advertised to all my FB friends. Can I still use Crave without linking to Facebook?
Quaternion
Fuzor
Strength: 2
Intelligence: 10
Skill: 10

Postby Stormrider » Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:14 pm

Weapon: Atom-Smasher Cannon
Red Convoy wrote:Hi Stormrider,
Crave (http://www.crave.com) is a TF marketplace website integrated with Facebook. That means that members sign-in using their Facebook accounts. We set it up this way because it promotes trust when you are dealing with a real person and can see if you have friends in common or who have purchased from them.

Thanks for the info.
Stormrider
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 409

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE SNAKE EYES DEADGAME #2 Cvr B IDW Comics 2020 JUN200578 2B (A/CA) Liefeld"
GI JOE SNAKE EYES ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE Real American Hero #286 Cvr B IDW Comics JUL210466 286B Sanchez 220920"
NEW!
GI JOE Real Americ ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #3 Cvr A Image Comics 2023 JUN230375 3A (CA) De Felici (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #3 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE BEST OF SNAKE EYES IDW Comics 2022 APR221559 (CA) Biggie"
GI JOE BEST OF SNA ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE ORDER OF BATTLE #1 Marvel Comics 1986 (CA) Trimpe (W) Hama 220721A"
GI JOE ORDER OF BA ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #6 Cvr E 1:50 Image Comics 0923IM468 6E (CA) Infante (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #6 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #5 2nd ptg Cvr B Death Image Comics 2023 1123IM809 (CA) Howard"
VOID RIVALS #5 2nd ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #1 5th ptg Image Comics 2023 1023IM892 (CA) Lindsay (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #1 5th ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TALES OF GI JOE #5 Marvel Comics 1988 (CA) Hall (W) Hama (A) Perlin 220721A"
TALES OF GI JOE #5 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #5 Cvr D 1:25 Image Comics 2023 0823IM479 5D (CA) Darboe (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #5 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "COBRA COMMANDER #3 Cvr A Image Comics 2024 3A 0124IM238 (CA) Milana + Leoni"
NEW!
COBRA COMMANDER #3 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE CASTLE FALL #1 Cvr A IDW Comics 2021 One-Shot SEP200471 1A (CA) Evenhuis"
GI JOE CASTLE FALL ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #2 2nd ptg Cvr A Duke Image Comics 2023 1023IM897 (CA) Howard"
TRANSFORMERS #2 2n ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE Real American Hero #299 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2022 299RI (CA) Royle 231010M"
GI JOE Real Americ ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Barricade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Toys Megatron Cyberverse Ultimate Class Action Figure - Repeatable Fusion Mega Shot Action Attack Move - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 11.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Titan Class Predaking" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Rippersnapper" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Elita-1" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Cindersaur" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Alpha Trion Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Autobot Topspin and Freezeout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Autobot Blaster and Twin Cast (Discontinued by manufacturer)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Costanza Action Figure" on AMAZON