This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Crave News 1-13-2011: A Buy/Sell Solution for TF Fans Like You

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Crave News 1-13-2011: A Buy/Sell Solution for TF Fans Like You

Postby Red Convoy » Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:35 am

Motto: ""One shall stand, one shall fall.""
Weapon: Battle Blades
Image Image Image

Greetings Seibertronians!
Have you heard about the easiest way to buy & sell Transformers in 2011?
If not, we’d like to tell you about Crave (http://www.crave.com), the new 100% Transformers marketplace created by fans for fans. We designed the site as a solution for collectors who want a better alternative to eBay.
If you have Transformers to sell, list them for free in about 60 seconds.
If you are looking for Transformers on your want list, browse the wide selection of vintage and new Hasbro and Takara TFs that sellers are offering.

”What’s in it for me?” Here are a few of the features set up to benefit the fan community:
    - Fan-created catalog & checklists of every Transformer released by Hasbro & Takara
    - Streamlined interface, easy to buy and sell
    - Secure for buyers & sellers because Crave is in the middle of the transaction
    - Selling is free!
Bonus -- If what you want isn’t currently for sale, add it to your want list on Crave & we’ll notify you when it gets put up for sale.

Here’s what some of our 60,000 fans are saying:

"I love buying on Crave. It has a wide variety of Transformers and you can find good deals. I am very happy and content with your marketplace and will be buying more. Keep up the great job!" - Rocco Grassi

"When I bought my Masterpiece Skywarp, all I could say was wow. At first I was a little hesitant to buy from a stranger, but I was highly impressed with the outcome. The toy was not damaged in the least bit, and the delivery was remarkably quick. I will be using Crave over and over again from now on." -Lindi Walter

"I like how easy it is to list an item to sell on the Crave site; you just follow the instructions on the web page with simple steps. I like how you have to use a tracking # to track packages. I also like how Crave is in the middle of a transaction to make sure each person gets their product and their money." - Tom Jones

"One thing I like about selling on Crave is that you do not charge fees to set up listings. Also, I love the fact that your listings do not expire…Crave is doing a GREAT JOB as the 'middle man' for transactions. That helps both seller and buyer. It ensures honesty in buyer and seller..no payment, no figure..and no figure if no payment. It's a win-win."- Matt Wetzel

Recent Listing Highlights
The Crave community began developing the catalog back in June, but we just launched the marketplace in November. Thanks to fans like you, listings are growing each day. Take a look through the listings and let us know about your good finds.

A sample of series for sale on Crave:
1.Generation 1
2.Classics
3.Animated
4.Generations
5.Takara Henkei
6.Takara Binaltech
7.Takara Label Series
8.Takara Encore
9.Beast Era

And many more! If you have TFs to sell, come see how easy it is on Crave: click here for seller info.

A sampling of current listings on Crave:
Ratchet
For sale by Brandon Cruey
Series: Animated
Condition: Loose - Complete
Price: $10.00

Wedge
For sale by Ted Wink Daniel
Series: Robots in Disguise
Condition: Packaged – Sealed
Price: $19.00

DirtBoss
For sale by Ted Wink Daniel
Series: Unicron Trilogy, Cybertron
Price: $20.00

Windcharger
For sale by Tim Huynh
Series: Alternators
Price: $45.00

Shockwave
For sale by Jason Tong
Series: Generation 1, G1 1985
Condition: Loose – Complete
Price: $180.00

Payload
For sale by Craig Chappell
Series: Transformers Movie Universe, Movie
Condition: Loose - Complete
Price: $6.49

Swindle
For sale by Craig Chappell
Series: Transformers Movie Universe, Movie
Price: $3.99

Atomic Lugnut
For sale by William Clifton
Series: Animated
Price: $20.00

Scavenger w/ Rollbar
For sale by William Clifton
Series: Unicron Trilogy, Armada
Price: $25.00

Masterpiece Skywarp
For sale by Tim Huynh
Series: Generation 1 (Takara), Masterpiece
Condition: Packaged - Sealed
Price: $50.00

Jetblade
For sale by Jason Olmstead
Series: Transformers Movie Universe, Hunt For The Decepticons
Price: $13.00 (shipping included)

Darkwind

For sale by Jason Olmstead
Series: Classics Series, Classics 2.0 - Universe
Price: $33.00 (shipping included)

Crystal Window vs. Oil Slick
For sale by Andrew Goldberg
Series: Universe
Condition: Packaged -Sealed
Price: $33.00 (shipping included)

We are tracking new feature requests, so please send us your feedback. Visit our Feedback tab on the site or email us (info@crave.com) with your suggestions.

You can also join 60,000 fellow Transfans where you can speak your mind on our Facebook page! http://www.facebook.com/cravetransformers
Join today and you’ll be entered to win one of our Transformers giveaways.

Erin & Kabe, Crave founders
Image Image
I'm the co-founder of Crave (www.crave.com), the Transformers marketplace for fans by fans. Come check out the site and see the wide selection of TFs from fans like you.
Red Convoy
Mini-Con
News Credits: 2
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 5
Endurance: Infinity
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 9

Re: Crave News 1-13-2011: A Buy/Sell Solution for TF Fans Like You

Postby NemesisScourge » Thu Jan 13, 2011 6:38 pm

Lol @ 60,000 fans, 40,000+ which are fake/filler Facebook profiles btw.

And value-wise, on the majority of the items? this is no better than eBay's silliness in outrageous prices with the exception of stuff no one wants like ROTF shelf warmers.

I get the whole fan-run [ supposedly ] set-up, but it's kinda sad they keep touting the 50-60k fans and the number magically rises each week by thousands lol.

Propaganda is one thing, but generally you do that when you have a little size and have room to fluff numbers. Not just blatantly lying.

Not trying to flame either, this is just my opinion and nothing more : ).
NemesisScourge
Mini-Con

Postby FflawSuperior » Thu Jan 13, 2011 6:46 pm

Motto: ""Cries and screams are music to my ears.""
Weapon: Concussion Blaster Gun
'Feedback' tab doesn't appear to exist, facebook crammed down your throat, prices are equal to, or costlier than eBay, search is turrible (almost entire pages filled with blank auctions with no pictures, and the 'price range' they show (like a soundwave) go 50-250$! Then you go and find out the 50$ was sold, and there is nothing else but the 250$ in actuality; so it meant 50$ & 250$), having to wait for flash or HTML to load (rather than using standard text) is annoying (also can't 'open in new tab', have to click thru one item at a time)...Myeah..and shipping cost isn't shown until you find the figure, click on 'view for sale', click on the individual figure, and right before you buy it.

For the most part, the prices are what matter...And the whole not-showing-shipping-prices makes a huge difference (and the prices, as far as a handful of figures have shown, samey as eBay - Thus defeating the purpose of the website <.<?)
Last edited by FflawSuperior on Thu Jan 13, 2011 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Escape is impossible. Autobots inferior, Soundwave superior."
FflawSuperior
Mini-Con
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 2
Endurance: 6
Courage: 5
Firepower: 6
Skill: 10

Postby NemesisScourge » Thu Jan 13, 2011 6:53 pm

Yeah, I wasn't even about to go into the poorly designed integration system. Again, I get what they're going for, it's just not coded correctly - at all. And just to add on to earlier, before someone gets all upset and goes OMG WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT THE DEALS ARE AMAZING?!.

In that above advertisement alone. You've got Universe: Darkwind for $33 + Shipping, ok, I don't know about the rest of the U.S but here in Chicago we've got 6-7 Darkwinds at every other Toys R Us for $20, again shelf warmer. Movie Payload for $7, really? That abomination isn't worth six cents. HFTD Jetblade, $20, my god Wal*Mart is still jammed packed, peg to peg with this sucker too, for $9-$11 dollar ranges. These aren't deals at all. It's crap we pass up or already have, but they charge double for it. MP Skywarp, $50? Again, still at Wal*Mart, clearance section, $23... And this is like every other Wally World here. Someone needs a better "featured item" catagory, LOL.
NemesisScourge
Mini-Con

Postby FflawSuperior » Thu Jan 13, 2011 6:56 pm

Motto: ""Cries and screams are music to my ears.""
Weapon: Concussion Blaster Gun
NemesisScourge wrote:Yeah, I wasn't even about to go into the poorly designed integration system. Again, I get what they're going for, it's just not coded correctly - at all. And just to add on to earlier, before someone gets all upset and goes OMG WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT THE DEALS ARE AMAZING?!.

In that above advertisement alone. You've got Universe: Darkwind for $33 + Shipping, ok, I don't know about the rest of the U.S but here in Chicago we've got 6-7 Darkwinds at every other Toys R Us for $20, again shelf warmer. Movie Payload for $7, really? That abomination isn't worth six cents. HFTD Jetblade, $20, my god Wal*Mart is still jammed packed, peg to peg with this sucker too, for $9-$11 dollar ranges. These aren't deals at all. It's crap we pass up or already have, but they charge double for it. MP Skywarp, $50? Again, still at Wal*Mart, clearance section, $23... And this is like every other Wally World here. Someone needs a better "featured item" catagory, LOL.

Can you buy me an MP Skywarp? Haha - All the Walmarts within a 15 mile radius have been sold out since they hit clearance. Been looking for that bugger since my buddy got one, and everywhere else is selling it for 50$+ -_-;

Did you also see this G1 Soundwave? http://crave.com/marketplace/listing/ch ... municators for...250$? There's BIN on eBay for less than half of that xD
Last edited by FflawSuperior on Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Escape is impossible. Autobots inferior, Soundwave superior."
FflawSuperior
Mini-Con
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 10
Endurance: 6
Courage: 5
Firepower: 6
Skill: 10

Postby NemesisScourge » Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:05 pm

Oh, I did see that. I was like : X. I'll check the Wally World clearance hell of the Suburbs tomorrow for you and shoot you a PM. If there's an MP Skywarp in good condition I'll grab it for you and send it out for cost. Some of those boxes are trashed from being moved from aisle to aisle but I'm always down to help a fellow fan out.
NemesisScourge
Mini-Con

Postby dragons » Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:15 pm

i checked it out i have no problems with pages or other items loading problem is feedback button isnt worth much site may need time to grow its still new by the way tehy may still have some glicthes to work out.

i do agree there is half stuff on thee that we have or do not care about to have
dragons
Gestalt
News Credits: 21

Postby quickmixed » Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:45 pm

Its a great idea but until they grow their inventory then I'll stick with my dealers on ebay. Im not a fan of buying only one figure off of one seller, and much prefer to buy 4-5 at a time to save on postage. I live quite a fair way away from most of these people so i can see myself getting absolutely destroyed by postage.
WANTED TO BUY

C-125:Shoki, C126:Getsui, C127:Yukikaze, C129:Seizan. MIB + unused stickers PM for details.
quickmixed
Vehicon

Postby Blozor » Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:43 pm

Motto: ""Distrust everything — you're bound to get something right."
Weapon: Double-Barreled Plasma Shell Shotgun
Hn. They need to make a category for Third Party products.
Blozor
Combiner
News Credits: 1
Intelligence: 9
Endurance: 8
Courage: 7
Firepower: 5
Skill: 9

Postby faustx » Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:46 pm

Ha...you guys haven't even mentioned the best part of all.

They are touting the system as free for sellers, which as a frequent seller sounds, well, great!

BUT: buyer beware in the extreme...downplayed across the site and only stumbled upon at the last step of the Paypal checkout is this little mistep: BUYERS PAY 10% FOR THE PRIVILEGE OF BUYING THROUGH CRAVE?!?!?!?!?

This is so wrong it's amazing...sellers pay commissions, not buyers.

To be fair, pricing and inventory isn't up to them, it's up to the community to take control and add wanted items at fair pricing.
faustx
Mini-Con

Postby Blackstreak » Sat Jan 15, 2011 7:34 am

Motto: ""I'm stronger than I look, but not as strong as I think I am.""
Weapon: Laser Rifle
You guys yelp about how overpriced transformers are on Crave. I think you forget that ebay can be even more overpriced. I just did a search for Reveal the Shield on ebay. I've seen sellers ask for as much as 2 or 3 times the amount of your local stores for a Jazz or Wreck-Gar, sometimes w/ free shipping other times you have to pay shipping.

I've scanned through the Crave website and I did pick up somewhere on there that buyers pay a fee to purchase through that site. I didn't have to go through the shopping cart to find that out, I just don't remember where I saw it.

# of Transformers in collection: 332
Looking for 1985 Action Cards
Blackstreak
Godmaster
News Credits: 1
Watch Blackstreak on YouTube
Buy from Blackstreak on eBay
Alt Mode: Datsun 280 ZX or Dodge Viper
Intelligence: 5
Speed: 9
Endurance: 7
Courage: 9
Firepower: 9
Skill: 8

Postby skywarp1 » Sat Jan 15, 2011 9:30 am

I definitely think this could work once buyers/sellers realize it's NOT eBay and thus reduce the inflated prices that occur due to eBay's ridiculous fees.

People constantly gripe about eBay prices, but they're a direct result of fees/commissions. Heck, if I buy two hard-to-find deluxes from Target at 11.99 a piece, you can bet I'm not selling the second one on eBay for less than $16 (especially when you consider gas, packaging, listing, commission, etc. for costs and such). That's not crazy...that's fair market value when you consider all of the costs that went into getting/listing the item. Thus something like $30 for Darkwind on eBay wouldn't be crazy, even if you can still buy him down the street for $20 (plus tax).

You're always going to have those idiotic sellers trying to charge 4x the price of an item that you can find in a store, and you should find solace in knowing that they'll pay an idiot tax (i.e. the eBay fees) for listing the item and it won't sell.

On Crave, I could totally see people realizing that the lack of fees will save them something, and ultimately sellers will drop prices accordingly (especially if nobody is buying at the old "eBay" price). So the same Darkwind may sell for $25 instead of $30, and even with a 10% buyer commission it'll be a savings for those of us that can't find him down the street.

If people charge reasonable shipping and can reduce the prices the amount of eBay's fees, Crave could work much better. I know people will say "10% is more than eBay's fees!" but it's not...not when you consider listing, eBay commission, and PayPal commission at a minimum. All sellers have to do is drop the price accordingly.

Personally, I'm not going to knock the service until I've tried it. I do agree that it'll be better once the inventory is there though.

That's my 5 cents :)
skywarp1
Mini-Con

Postby faustx » Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:49 pm

There is a much better service coming down the tracks this spring...just saying...
faustx
Mini-Con

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "POWER HOT SHOT 14" tall Transformers Rescue Bots Academy Playskool 2020 New"
POWER HOT SHOT 14" ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GRIMLOCK Transformers Classic Heroes Team Rescue Bots Dinobots Hasbro 2022 New"
GRIMLOCK Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Feature Bot HEATWAVE FIRE BOT action figure Transformers Rescue Bots 2015 New"
Feature Bot HEATWA ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Rescan OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Rescue Bots Academy Playskool Racing Truck New"
Rescan OPTIMUS PRI ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MEDIX DOC-BOT Transformers Rescue Bots 2012 Playskool 191206a"
MEDIX DOC-BOT Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TERRAN NIGHTSHADE Transformers Earthspark Deluxe Mandroid wave Hasbro 2023 New"
NEW!
TERRAN NIGHTSHADE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OPTIMUS PRIMAL Transformers Classic Heroes Team Rescue Bots Hasbro 2022 New"
OPTIMUS PRIMAL Tra ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Rescan HOIST Tow-Bot (Flatbed Truck) Transformers Rescue Bots Academy 2019"
Rescan HOIST Tow-B ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "HOIST TOW-BOT Transformers Rescue Bots 2012 Playskool 191206a"
HOIST TOW-BOT Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SHOCKWAVE Transformers Earthspark Deluxe Mandroid wave Hasbro 2023 New"
SHOCKWAVE Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "CHIEF CHARLIE BURNS + RESCUE CUTTER Transformers Rescue Bots 2011 Playskool"
CHIEF CHARLIE BURN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "STARSCREAM Transformers Classic Heroes Team Rescue Bots Hasbro 2023 New"
STARSCREAM Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Earthspark Warrior Class Hasbro 2023 New"
OPTIMUS PRIME Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BUMBLEBEE Transformers Rescue Bots Academy Featured Feature Playskool 2021 New"
BUMBLEBEE Transfor ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #346 - Gas Station Jamboree
Twincast / Podcast #346:
"Gas Station Jamboree"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, March 23rd, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Toys Optimus Prime Cyberverse Ultimate Class Action Figure - Repeatable Matrix Mega Shot Action Attack Move - Toys for Kids 6 & Up, 11.5"" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Quintus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Cindersaur" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Misfire and Aimless" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Playskool Heroes Rescue Bots Optimus Prime Racing Trailer" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Trailbreaker" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Platinum Edition Trypticon Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Legends Class Thundercracker Figure" on AMAZON